Depression and panic attacks

miho88

Hello, I suffer from depression since my teens and have anxiety since a few years that started causing me panic attacks. I tried everything from prayers and meditation to sport and diet but only meds helped me in the past.

Last edited:

katydid

First thing I noticed is the amazing KITE formation in your chart. I'm not going to lie, KITES can be hard to control, in some ways. Kurt Cobain and Whitney Houston are two examples of KITE types, that come to mind. It is a ferocious, powerful, emotional type of energy that kind of takes ahold of someone. Very create and talented usually. But it is hard to feel in control of the whirlwind of emotions, kicked up by the Grand Trine and the Opposition down the middle of it.

Your Moon is the anchor of your fiery Kite. Moon in Scorpio in the 3rd, trying to batten down the hatches of a fiery trine between Sun in Leo, Mars in Aries and an opposition to Jupiter in Taurus. That is a big order for your emotional Moon to take on. There may be feelings of insecurity, making you doubt your abilities to back up the expectations others have. Are you really as talented/confident as some say you are? That is a lot to live up to.

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

Hello there.

Thank you for sharing this. I am not able to attempt an answer about your question, but I do notice your North Node is in the 7th house of Pisces. There are some things I would like to share with you and I hope you can find at least a tiny bit of comfort there. Knowledge is power.

"The North Node is where the Moon crosses the ecliptic going toward the northern hemisphere, and the South Node is where she crosses the ecliptic headed south. The North Node and the South Node are always directly opposite one another in the sky."

http://www.mollysastrology.com/astrology-tutorials/nodes

The Nodes are often times associated with lessons to learn in the subjects life. The North Node representing the things to develop while the South Node (often referred to as the Dragon's Tail) will give you a glimpse of your karmic debts in life and can give a person valuable perspective.

Some good news for you is that your North Node is not opposing the sign it is within. Your North Node is in the 7th house of Pisces and your South Node is in the 1st house of Virgo.

Be careful not to fall into a trap of seeking a perfection that does not exist. Be mindful of any compulsions you notice that you are having relating to establishing order.

The more control you can relinquish the happier you are likely to become.

The reason for this is because it is likely in past lives you were involved in some type of healing, doctoring, and taking care of the living. You may not have had more than one opportunity to get things right. Only one shot. I suppose that can be a lot to live up to.

I believe that if any of these things ring true, you have the power to enhance your life dramatically by figuring out where your soul can fit in within yourself, instead of the world at large.

Do you feel that you have a hard time letting go of all things "known" or a fear of things largely unknown? Either way, it took a lot of courage to post your dilemma. Please let me know if any of this rings true, indifferent, or dead wrong.

I hope you feel better and look forward to talking with you.

"When I, by myself, just can't get it straight.
stumbling backwards when I just had it made
Wanting right now to be
All that I see - If I only could...
If I only could...

That's when I remember
Everything in life is good -
Even if not understood...
All will come to you in time
So put the thought into your mind
That Everything's unfolding. . . As it should!"
- Healing Affirmation, Pisces North Node, Jan Spiller, Astrology for the Soul.

Last edited:

katydid

Thank you both for answering. I somehow never was able to keep any friendships for longer than a few years and now, living on my Pluto line I am feeling isolated by other people which makes my depression worse.

katydid, I do not consider myself very artistic or creative. I study Communications and before that got a degree in Business. I had a dream once of releasing my own song and music video, but I never met anyone remotely interested in art for it to come true, so I no longer dream about that. Besides, I suck at singing.

Dubyadude1986, yes, I have a hard time letting go of all things "known". Yet I wanted to do it and hence I came to study here. I wish I knew astrocartography back then, so I could chose another place. People here are constantly ignoring me like I am invisible.

I should have clarified my definition of 'creative talents.' I did not necessarily mean that you would be a singer or musician. I meant more of a creative, inspired, talented, individual, in whatever field or craft. I should have clarified because I did not mean to use Kurt Cobain and Whitney Houston as examples because of their vocal talents. It was meant as an example of how KITES may tend to take flight and make someone feel out of control unable to be grounded or stable.

I do think you are a creative, inspired free thinker when confronted with problems to be solved. I am kind of surprised that you do not see yourself as a creative person. You have a fire grand trine, which is the essence of creative spirit. But one part of the triad is in water, not fire.[ Moon in Scorpio.] Maybe that dampens the fires a bit. Turns it into emotional turbulence instead of creative projects?

muchacho

Hello, I suffer from depression since my teens and have anxiety since a few years that started causing me panic attacks. I tried everything from prayers and meditation to sport and diet but only meds helped me in the past. I tried SAM-e, thinking I do not produce enough of it, but I am not sure it helped me so I am starting Paxil. Are mental health issues visible on my chart:

23r7m8n.jpg
Well, Virgo rising, Sun in the 12th - you prefer to go unnoticed. You probably fear getting hurt (emotionally), making mistakes and then being criticized. Which means you would thrive in a quiet environment where there's not much competition or any kind of self-presentation skills required, where you just can blend with the background or the furniture and work quietly and efficiently behind the scenes. Anything else will cause you stress and your typical reaction to stress is to withdraw and go into overthinking. There may also be a lack of focus.

kimbermoon

I do think that since your Mercury is not overtly afflicted in the chart, that your anxiety patterns can be resolved in time; with Mercury in Cancer there is a tendency to subconsciously fall into mental patterns from the past reflecting worry for the future and insecurity. The overall challenge for you here is to gain more control over your emotional intensity [Pluto/Moon in Scorpio] so that you can more appropriately direct your mind without interference from the emotions, as has been described here.

Issues of love and trust are part of your karmic set-up; learn to identify your own true values in life, rather than succumbing to the expectations of others.
Examine your own true values as compared to others. Learn more about your kite pattern in order to gain that ability.

Dubyadude1986

I really hate my Virgo ASC, how can I destroy it, e.g. diminish its influence on my life? Is there a way for cutting the influence of some signs and planets on our lives or at least getting over them?

True, I like peace but at the same time I have longing for appearing on TV, being a TV host or acting in a music video.

You have to try and embrace the chart that you have, believe in it's authenticity, and surrender to the point where figuring out how to move forward becomes more important than the fear associated with doing so.

It would mean focusing on the things that are positive about your placement(s) and applying them to other areas or houses of your life.

It means that sometimes, accepting that some of the things we are the most talented at or used to are no longer the most helpful things for us any longer. Don't break your own heart and repeat anything that really sticks out as a mistake. Just learn.

Embrace the tools you were given, the lessons you need to learn, the things you've mastered, the things you love, the things you don't love so much, - and what that has looked like up in to this moment in your life.

Many of the people here know more than I do, and you will probably continue to receive more specific details on your question - just a side note.

"You live, you learn, you love, you learn, you cry, you learn, you lose, you learn, you live, you learn." - Alanis Morrisette

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

I really hate my Virgo ASC, how can I destroy it, e.g. diminish its influence on my life?

You have to learn to love yourself first or possibly again. (Sometimes this feels like "coming back" to one's self.) Everyone else in your life will depend on it, it might be the best thing you could do for them right now. You may want to redirect the Virgo ASC; you may want to shift it, remodel it, examine it, change it - but you must take a very deep look at things and apply the information people give you here about specific aspects into your life.

Your Virgo ASC is like any other aspect or placement you have - it is your instrument. The sounds it is making right now may just sound like noise, but you have to endure and retune it - destroying that would mean "destroying yourself; destroying how you are perceived." Where you came from.

So correct me as needed, but your screen name ends in 88 and with some of the aspects, are you facing a Saturn return in the near future?

Last edited:

Frisiangal

I really hate my Virgo ASC, how can I destroy it, e.g. diminish its influence on my life? Is there a way for cutting the influence of some signs and planets on our lives or at least getting over them?

Hello. This is Virgo Ascendant speaking to you:
Why do you hate me so and want to diminish and destroy me :sad:?
I'm here to help you; to give you a realistic lens through which to view the world rather than only through imagination, emotions and fantasies that could take over control. There's need for some sort of nitty-gritty reality to make them effective. I can make whatever you visualise real for you if you use my qualities as they are intended to be used instead of discarding them as useless. I can't help being logical and rational; it's my nature. Is it in yours? I can be a perfect machine that sieves and sorts your imagination into a working logic and serves you for the full 100%. Yet I can only do this when you are willing to press the right buttons that will enable me to work for you to work for yourself. Together we can accomplish so much.

Why don't you hate your imagination and fantasy instead of me?:crying: What do they offer you that I can't......and vice versa too?

O.K. So as far as I can observe, you can show an impulsive and
compulsive obsessional side to you. Do you have also bi-polar tendencies and/or be inclined to see the cup half empty instead of half-filled? I could straighten that out with my rationalisation that is able to perceive circumstances from a more accurately defining perspective. I'm good at that, even if modesty prevents me from admitting it. :eek:

True, I like peace but at the same time I have longing for appearing on TV, being a TV host or acting in a music video

So; is that an artistic dream or something realistic we can work upon? Let's do it. The worst that can happen is that we'll fall flat on your face because you don't try and/or consider yourself good enough to give your all. There has to be sufficient belief and self confidence to act upon for me to make something work. Their nature can be a pain in my realistic eye at times, yet they do have and make a point. I do seem to have a very good friend in power of will that can be quite determined to go all the way when it puts its mind to it.

Well; I've put my case for my own defence. I can't do more than that. I hope you can find me somewhere in a corner of yourself and make use of my positive talents.

Sincerely

:virgo:Ascendant.
:smile:

muchacho

True, I like peace but at the same time I have longing for appearing on TV, being a TV host or acting in a music video.
The chart shows how you are wired, your natural disposition. You are not going to change that and really don't have to. But what you have to do is letting go of unrealistic expectations and comparing yourself to others with a totally different mental makeup. I know it's difficult with that kind of ASC in a society that value extrovert qualities more than introvert qualities. Virgo has a tendency for perfection. So if you really have to do things you naturally wouldn't like to do then make sure that you are at least well prepared and with a plan (or plan b).

Sure, you could train yourself into an extrovert with some tricks in order to comply with society, but that would be cosmetics only, a mask. That wouldn't be really you. That would be a rather shallow existence. If you want to boost your self-esteem then you have to accept the way you are and above all stop comparing yourself with others. Once you've done that, you'll tap into new and more profound resources that come from the center of your being which make astrology irrelevant.

Thanks. The SSRI I started taking some days ago is giving me strange symptoms like bleeding. I think I will quit it and try natural supplements like SAM-e and L-theanine. I hope that it will help, as nothing else I tried helped me with my panic attacks and depression. No one has fond the reason why I get panic attacks, I think it might be an overactive amygdala. :whistling:
But before there were physical symptoms there was something else. That's what you have to find out and work with or else you'll cure one symptom and immediately get another new symptom. Those symptoms (physical and emotional) are all just indicators of your misalignment with self.

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

I was born in 1988 and I think the next Saturn return is due in Feb 2017.
I used this calculator: http://www.astrocal.co.uk/saturn-return-calculator/

Ok. So, this is exactly what I mean about coming back to yourself.

I am sure this is playing a role as well. I would recommend posting your chart with natal, transits, and progressions combined from astro.com. This can still be done without providing biographic data. In the same thread even?

Dubyadude1986

Not sure if you mean this:
http://oi66.tinypic.com/ajosa8.jpg

Sorry for not providing all my info, I just had bad experienced on another forum. :sideways:
I have stopped the antidepressant as I got bleeding and I read they are quite dangerous. Will try with meditation, herbs like St. John's wort, green tea and some benzo only in the case of a panic attack. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

I would never try to give you medical advice (since I'm not a Doc). I think it is great that you are trying to use holistic ways to deal with your dilemma.

I did this also. I use a machine called an Alpha-Stem. It works with the brains A-waves and D-waves. This helped me tremendously.

I have also used other natural means like herbs like you have. This device I am going to post pictures of is the Alpha-stim. I know I am lucky to have it and I just wanted to give you an example of how we can sometimes think outside the box to avoid these medications with a lot of negative effects.

As far as your chart, that is what I meant. I think that will help people give you more specific advice and I am still looking at it and learning.

I had to wait two years to get one of these but it helps a lot... So far, it can help insomnia, pain, headaches, depression, and anxiety that I know of; 20 minutes in the am and 20 minutes in the pm.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-waves-boost-creativity-and-reduce-depression

Last edited:

Tessie

Banned
Not sure if you mean this:
http://oi66.tinypic.com/ajosa8.jpg

Sorry for not providing all my info, I just had bad experienced on another forum. :sideways:
I have stopped the antidepressant as I got bleeding and I read they are quite dangerous. Will try with meditation, herbs like St. John's wort, green tea and some benzo only in the case of a panic attack. ;)

Hi Miho88,

St John's Wart is an adaptogen which means it helps the brain cope better with stress. It works extremely well for some people but not for others. There are other adaptogens you might also try, which you may find more effective than SJW.

- Ashwagandha
- He Shou Wu
- Reishi

You can do your own research on these. If you decide to try them, you need to get the highest quality and purest extractions because dosing with something weak is not going to have the desired effect. The pure extractions however are readily available if you do your research. If you've got any questions about dosing and mixing these, feel free to inbox me. Best wishes to you. xxx

Tessie

Banned
Hi!

Thanks for clarifying. The effectiveness of Ashwagandha is determined, in part, by its concentration of withanolides. It can be sold pure but still be low in withanolides. That's why I mentioned about dosing, because a pure product can still be weak, depending. I recall 'Nature's Answer' Ashwagandha tincture is reasonably high. Also, it helps if you use it consistently for a while, rather than just a one-off go. Ashwagandha mixed with He Shou Wu, is very good. Just pop both of them in to a fruit smoothie or some banana milk to make it a Happy one. ;)

I am surprised you are calmed by green tea as it is also known to bring on anxiety in others. Have you tried to see how you feel after a few cups, whether the effect increases or steadily decreases your anxiety, in attempt to falsify your conclusion, that it is calming? You might find that Chamomile tea and Lemongrass tea, and St. John's Wort tea is calming, if you can get them in flower form. All the best taya! xxx

albetly

Hello, I suffer from depression since my teens and have anxiety since a few years that started causing me panic attacks. I tried everything from prayers and meditation to sport and diet but only meds helped me in the past.

Hi miho88, i hope you feeling very well, i see you have Uranus is the ruler of your 6th house and it's conjuncted by Saturn which's almost like when most of the time you get excited it turn to depression or to a something you should be responsible about, from my experience when transit Saturn conjuncted my natal Uranus i gor really depressed about my health tired from the doctors opinions etc how ever all i find out is that the Human Glands cause the depression and the panic attacks, and Uranus in medical astrology rule the parathyroid gland, neural activity,
i think you should also check your Thyroid glands and the Adrenal glands or at least check these glands hormones in your blood and deal with the one don't has normal results,

check this short article i think it'll be very helpful for you,
http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/cardinal-afflictions-2013-2015-and-health

I hope you'll get better .

Last edited: