what is the best moon sign (with sun sign pairing)

Claire19

The most thoughtful,caring,honest,humble,balanced people I have ever met are two girls,one with Sun in Aries and Moon in Taurus(so both luminaries exalted),and the other one with Sun in Leo and Moon in Cancer(luminaries dignified).I cannot put in words my admiration and affection for these two pairs.

Gemini Sun with a water Moon is a very,very weird one...don't mean to offend anyone but all the three people with this combination I've known(three Geminis,one with a Cancer Moon,other with a Scorp Moon,and the other one with a Pisces Moon)are big time liars.The good thing about these combinations is that they are sensitive,curious and smart.
Hey! Would you love me too. I have Sun in Leo and Moon in Taurus, a wide square and I tend not to use it. ha!!! As they are fixed I tend to be quite strong albeit stubborn and stable but am not the player or the ambitious materialistic that this combination often suggests. Other planets come into play with that of course.

Claire19

Interesting how people view strength and weakness in the elements.

Moon in Pisces of course I'm biased! I see the strength in being able to empathise and having compassion and healing abilities, and blend in so well in everything around - not to mention being able to emotionally travel to another world. Weakness - soft touch, gullible, escapism and not so keen on dealing with the mundane boring stuff.

Ah the Sun, Capricorn Sun helps ground the watery Moon, and get on with the boring mundane stuff, paying the bills ect. Perhaps even a fixed earth Sun would help a mutable water Moon, give it some stability. The cardinal Cappy Sun does give it drive and earth helps to ground.

I wouldn't swap it for anything.:wink:

Well the Sun and Moon are in sextile probably so your yin and yang energies are basically in harmony.

Claire19

Well, just to answer the thread based on my personal experience so no offense to anyone out there with these placements...
icon10.gif

Moon in Scorpio is a difficult placement. They tend to be a little jealous and secretive. Also, grudge holders.

I find Libra and Pisces’ Moon people to be the most indecisive and changeable of all the Moon placements.

Virgo Moons tend to be pretty critical of people.

Cancer Moons (my placement) tend to be overly sensitive and easily hurt. We are also pretty moody.

Again, this is just my personal experience as much has to do with the complete make-up of ones chart. This is just general traits that I have personally seen that come out pretty consistently regardless of what aspects the Moon makes.

I think Sun Moon combos of say Aquarious Sun and Piscies Moon, or Capricorn Sun and Cancer Moon can be difficult because you are combing sort of non emotional Suns with emotional Moons so there can be a polarity there with one fighting with the other. On the other hand, one does have the ability to tap into both sides which can be good. I think generally, compatible elements work best with Sun and Moon. Sun Moon conjunct in the same sign in my experience can make one a bit self asborded, at least the people I know with this placement. Again, the sign placement can alter this a bit.

Is there really the best combo? At the end of the day there is negative sides to all the placements, but if one has evolved as a person the best traits of all the signs are present.
Vista
Yes I agree that Moon in Scorpio is a difficult placement but it can lead to great healing abilities if handled right. Cancer moon is also super sensitive and defensive often but can have great psychic powers and tenderness.
Sun Moon conjunction gives a basically self reliant person as their yin and yang are in harmony and dont always need another person to give them that balance. It is the squares that give us the opportunity to grow and progress because of the conflicted nature that must be addressed and adjusted to if not overcome.

pis/can

well my sun in pisces and moon in cancer are pretty in harmony....but very offbeat from the realities of the world...i am a little too empathetic ...little too caring and affectionate for my own good...i guess my only saving grace is my asc in taurus...

C0rnholio

It's interesting that nobody has mentioned that having a trine between the Sun and the Moon is a good combo. Perhaps people with this aspect are not on Astrology boards because they are just too happy with themselves the rest of the world. I would have been one of them if it wasn't for the ruler of my chart Venus in Virgo, who is giving me a hard time. She likes it only truly perfect.

JayM

It's interesting that nobody has mentioned that having a trine between the Sun and the Moon is a good combo. Perhaps people with this aspect are not on Astrology boards because they are just too happy with themselves the rest of the world. I would have been one of them if it wasn't for the ruler of my chart Venus in Virgo, who is giving me a hard time. She likes it only truly perfect.

I have that. Sun in capricorn trine moon in taurus. The problem with me is that saturn rules my sun and my aqua AC and it squares my venus and opposes my moon, and its not that strong in scorp. Like I said before interesting that my suns ruler and my moons ruler square eachother.

Bubbletree

I've read that scorpio moon indicates heavy biological karma. I'm curious about what that really means. I don't think that should mean this placement gets a bad rap though. Funny how so many people have something to say about scorpio moons.

StarReader

I've read that scorpio moon indicates heavy biological karma. I'm curious about what that really means. I don't think that should mean this placement gets a bad rap though. Funny how so many people have something to say about scorpio moons.

I too found it curious as to how many people have something to say about the Scorpio moon.

I have a gemini sun and a scorpio moon and was shocked to think someone might think that i could be 'a big liar' because i have this placement.

But, after reading this thread, I am now very interested in this 'biological Karma', 'the scorpio moon' and what it really means.

kaminari

I would really like to know why Scorpio Moon is so feared, or considered 'weak' or a bad placement.

Being a Scorpio Moon, I have known many others just like me. We are misunderstood, is all. We have the ability to feel so much depth & that is why we guard it. If I were to show you all of my emotions, you wouldn't be able to handle it. That's why we keep it locked up. And sure, in a life that doesn't put much value on sensitivity, a Scorpio Moon would be considered malefic. But to put things in perspective, to know that someone will do everything they can to understand you & your actions, whether you are good or bad, & to feel your pain & actually take it in as their own (being a water sign) & experience a spiritual death for you, transforming you whether you think it's good or not, I think the Scorpio Moon is totally unappreciated except by other fixed & water Moons.

I seem to attract a lot of Taurus Moons & all the three big loves of my life have been them. I appreciate their steadiness in emotions (they balance me), their commitment for the long-term (like me), & their sensual nature which is second to none. But I'm a Scorpio Sun too, so I think the Sun-Moon opposition in synastry is quite powerful & difficult to understand because it's so magnetic.

Bubbletree

Me too StarReader!

I've read that the moon represents the past, while the sun represents the present (among other things of course), but I've only ever heard about the south node and saturn in terms of karma. So I've been trying to investigate what exactly the moon tells us about a person's past (besides their childhood in this life).

http://www.northstarastrology.net/Moon.html

http://www.gwynivere.com/articles/moon-and-your-karma-past-lives.php

I wish I could remember the site that mentioned scorpio having heavy bio karma. Anyway, I would think a person with gemini sun, scorp moon would be super smart, and as a girl, super hot, as a boy, adept at controlling or seducing (generally anyway).

I'd be interested to see what you scorpio moons think about the second link, if you are into karmic astrology too.

Last edited:

StarReader

Me too StarReader!

http://www.northstarastrology.net/Moon.html

http://www.gwynivere.com/articles/moon-and-your-karma-past-lives.php

I wish I could remember the site that mentioned scorpio having heavy bio karma.

I'd be interested to see what you scorpio moons think about the second link, if you are into karmic astrology too.

Hiya Bubbletree

Thanks for the link. There was some really interesting stuff there. And yea, you have sparked my interested in Karmic astrology and would I like to learn more.

Is there a thread here that discusses that second link you posted?

Bubbletree

Is there a thread here that discusses that second link you posted?

I don't think so. I couldn't find one at least.
Maybe I should start one in karmic astrology... what do you think?

But these are a coupla karmic astrology threads where we discussed the meaning of the moon in determining whether there is a "young" or "old soul" indication in a chart. Different topic, but still gets you thinking about the moon and karma.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22561

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...highlight=Soul

StarReader

I don't think so. I couldn't find one at least.
Maybe I should start one in karmic astrology... what do you think?

But these are a coupla karmic astrology threads where we discussed the meaning of the moon in determining whether there is a "young" or "old soul" indication in a chart. Different topic, but still gets you thinking about the moon and karma.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22561

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...highlight=Soul

hi Bubbletree

Yea i think it would be a good idea to start a thread in Karmic astrology. Re: your moon sign and Karma.

And Thanks for posting the threads :biggrin:- gonna now go and read them.

iSelf

I have Sun in Aquarius, 10th house, and the Moon in Cancer, 4th house, conjunct the IC.

Pretty cool, heh? I'm lucky the Sun and the Moon aren't opposite. Although the Moon still has 3 10th house oppositions.

Big conflict between the inner and outer self.

franklin taylor

Yeah, although Scorpio Moon is the Moon sign where it is in detriment, I really never have understood how a Water Element sign could be considered a "bad" placement at all because the Moon is the ultimate Water Element planet. Taurus is where the Moon is given Exaltation so its polar opposite Scorpio is the place where it is given the opposite.."condemnation" by default. Traditional Astrology at work is all. I don't agree with it either about a water sign receiving a bad placement for the Moon but that is tradition. I do feel the Moon is more stable in Taurus.. However not as well expressed as it is in any of the water signs, of course, especially in Cancer, where it is best expressed. Because that expression of the Water sign Moon is a little "Luney" LOL. Where astrologers in older times saw the least instability with was the Moon in Taurus natives.. so they considered that the "stable" sign.. maybe. They apparently wanted to steer away from the real truth that the Moon is unstable by nature.
Numerous people that I have seen eye to eye and got along best with were Scorpio Moon natives. However, I am also Water heavy, I have six planets and Chiron in the Water Element, so Scorpio is someone I can more identify with well, and is more of a natural affinity for ME. However, not everyone else is me, and if they have Air or Fire heaviness (particularly, the personal planets of Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars in Fire or Air Signs) are emphasized in their natal charts they will not so reddily identify with Water or Earth heavy signs as easily.

There is no one "bad sign" in astrology..just all are different.. on a person to person basis, and that difference is what makes astrology such a neat subject. If we were all the same it would be a boring thing for certain. We all have free will to act above our stereotyped "labelled fortune or fate" or bad traits concerning any aspect of one's natal chart. People on here are probably not hating anyone.. just calling them as they see them depending from the amount of study they have done about the subject. No one can help not defending their personal astrological aspects though, but our personal aspects about our charts may have negative wraps from astrologers from the past and we can either work to break the stereotypes proactively or argue distractively, and show that the past observers were right all along. We need all the Signs, Elements, and Modes to make the world go round I guess is what I am meaning to say.