Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
How long does mars stay in a house

Hi
I was wondering how long mars transits each house for?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-02-2020, 08:55 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post


Hi
I was wondering how long mars transits each house for?

MARS transits each house for FIFTY-SEVEN DAYS
however
obviously when MARS RETROGRADES while transiting a house
that extends the number of days for a MARS transit of that particular house


.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-02-2020, 01:06 PM
three M symbols three M symbols is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: France
Posts: 663
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

This actual transit will be very long
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-02-2020, 01:33 PM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Thankyou both. I'm assuming it is longer because it goes retrograde. You say very long, how long and how many times in life do we have this very long transit?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-02-2020, 02:29 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by three M symbols View Post

This actual transit will be very long
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post

Thankyou both.
I'm assuming it is longer because it goes retrograde.
You say very long, how long
and how many times in life do we have this very long transit?
Every individual natal chart differs
therefore generalisation although tempting and fun
is unreliable
FREE TRANSITS checker online

at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/#prognoses
using the FREE TRANSITS CHECKER
enables anyone to discover
how often in life these transits may or may not occur

.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-02-2020, 07:13 PM
swanswings swanswings is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 55
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Zeuses,

Great question because in another post you asked about Placidus and Equal houses.

Also a great question because right now the asteroid Pandora (#55) is in a very close oppostion with Saturn. You know, Pandora, like in opening Pandora's box.

Where you were born, Placidus houses can get really wide and/or narrow. For example, your 1st and 7th are narrow and your 5th and 11th are wide.

https://imgur.com/kXnvvJg

With Equal and Whole Sign houses, all the houses are 30 degrees.

https://imgur.com/txvWKFp

With Placidus, Mars entered your 5th House on Feb 26, 2020
6th on Apr 14, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jun 22, 2020

With Equal, Mars entered your
5th House on Feb 25, 2020
6th on Apr 9, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jul 9, 2020

With Whole Sign Houses,
5th on Feb 16, 2020
6th on Mar 30, 2020
7th on May 13, 2020
8th on Jun 28, 2020

And the results would be slightly different with other houses systems like Koch, Campanus, Porphyry, etc.

With Whole Sign Houses, the sign and the house always go together. So, Mars entered Capricorn and the 5th House on February 16
— Aquarius and the 6th House on March 30
— Pisces and the 7th House on May 13
— Aries and the 8th House on June 28.

So, going back to your question about the position of Mars in your natal chart, with Whole Sign Houses, Mars goes into the 8th House

The 8th House has two dimensions: one is of matters pertaining to purely physical life; the other is matters that include the depths of spirituality, metamorphosis, and transformation. Hence, the 8th can be the House of Awakening.

Consider the possible possibility that transiting Mars’ return to natal Mars might coincide with your expanding interest in exploring the mysteries, the occult, the secrets beyond the secrets.

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/2...a-new-reality/

Using an orb of one degree, your most recent Mars returns were February 2-4, 2017 and January 6-9, 2019. Those returns were slightly more that 700 days apart. Because of Mars’ elliptical orbit, you are about to experience another Mars’ return starting July 4, 2020 and exact on July 6. This return will be 546 days from the last one.

Unlike most of the planets, which follow almost circular orbits around the Sun which only vary in their distance from the Sun by a few percent, Mars has a significantly elliptical orbit. Its distance from the Sun varies between 1.38 AU and 1.67 AU – a variation of over 20% — thus, the 687-day orbit is only an average.

Verify for yourself, please. And if you add asteroid Pandora (#55), you will find that it was conjunct the Sun at the time of your birth.

https://imgur.com/rx3tojB

https://imgur.com/O7kYmrB

Sincere best wishes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Every individual natal chart differs
therefore generalisation although tempting and fun
is unreliable
FREE TRANSITS checker online

at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/#prognoses
using the FREE TRANSITS CHECKER
enables anyone to discover
how often in life these transits may or may not occur

.
Thankyou very much for this links.

Last edited by Zeuses; 07-02-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanswings View Post
Zeuses,

Great question because in another post you asked about Placidus and Equal houses.

Also a great question because right now the asteroid Pandora (#55) is in a very close oppostion with Saturn. You know, Pandora, like in opening Pandora's box.

Where you were born, Placidus houses can get really wide and/or narrow. For example, your 1st and 7th are narrow and your 5th and 11th are wide.

https://imgur.com/kXnvvJg

With Equal and Whole Sign houses, all the houses are 30 degrees.

https://imgur.com/txvWKFp

With Placidus, Mars entered your 5th House on Feb 26, 2020
6th on Apr 14, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jun 22, 2020

With Equal, Mars entered your
5th House on Feb 25, 2020
6th on Apr 9, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jul 9, 2020

With Whole Sign Houses,
5th on Feb 16, 2020
6th on Mar 30, 2020
7th on May 13, 2020
8th on Jun 28, 2020

And the results would be slightly different with other houses systems like Koch, Campanus, Porphyry, etc.

With Whole Sign Houses, the sign and the house always go together. So, Mars entered Capricorn and the 5th House on February 16
— Aquarius and the 6th House on March 30
— Pisces and the 7th House on May 13
— Aries and the 8th House on June 28.

So, going back to your question about the position of Mars in your natal chart, with Whole Sign Houses, Mars goes into the 8th House

The 8th House has two dimensions: one is of matters pertaining to purely physical life; the other is matters that include the depths of spirituality, metamorphosis, and transformation. Hence, the 8th can be the House of Awakening.

Consider the possible possibility that transiting Mars’ return to natal Mars might coincide with your expanding interest in exploring the mysteries, the occult, the secrets beyond the secrets.

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/2...a-new-reality/

Using an orb of one degree, your most recent Mars returns were February 2-4, 2017 and January 6-9, 2019. Those returns were slightly more that 700 days apart. Because of Mars’ elliptical orbit, you are about to experience another Mars’ return starting July 4, 2020 and exact on July 6. This return will be 546 days from the last one.

Unlike most of the planets, which follow almost circular orbits around the Sun which only vary in their distance from the Sun by a few percent, Mars has a significantly elliptical orbit. Its distance from the Sun varies between 1.38 AU and 1.67 AU – a variation of over 20% — thus, the 687-day orbit is only an average.

Verify for yourself, please. And if you add asteroid Pandora (#55), you will find that it was conjunct the Sun at the time of your birth.

https://imgur.com/rx3tojB

https://imgur.com/O7kYmrB

Sincere best wishes.
Please can I clarify it looks like mars only lasts a month in each sign so if this is the case then why will it be in for "a long time now" as mentioned in other posts. Please ignore me if I haven't understood properly. Also, in your opinion is the whole house system better than placidus. Having said that it looks like Jupiter is in 8th whole house whereas when I read up about it I thought Jupiter in ninth resonates more. Apologies for asking more questions on this. I think it takes some time to fully sink into my brain after I've read something (I suspect that must be a negative mercury transit causing that)

Last edited by Zeuses; 07-03-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 07-03-2020, 05:14 PM
three M symbols three M symbols is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: France
Posts: 663
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post
Please can I clarify it looks like mars only lasts a month in each sign so if this is the case then why will it be in for "a long time now" as mentioned in other posts. Please ignore me if I haven't understood properly. Also, in your opinion is the whole house system better than placidus. Having said that it looks like Jupiter is in 8th whole house whereas when I read up about it I thought Jupiter in ninth resonates more. Apologies for asking more questions on this. I think it takes some time to fully sink into my brain after I've read something (I suspect that must be a negative mercury transit causing that)
Some people prefer whole signs, and other prefer placidius. You are free to choose

The planet which stays 1 month per sign is the Sun.
(1 day for 1 degree. 30° = a month)


Mars take 2 years or so to transit all the zodiac wheel.
(so, 2 months or so in each sign)

He is in Aries since a week or less, and will go retrograde after transiting almost all Aries sign one time (starting his retrogradation at something like 27-28°)

So, 2 months to transit Aries once.
+ retrogradation (15° of retrograde transit)
+ direct transit of the last 15° of Aries

He will finally enter Taurus next year (first week of January)

Last edited by three M symbols; 07-03-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-03-2020, 05:31 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,537
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post
Hi
I was wondering how long mars transits each house for?
A house falls in a sign always. The right way of looking at this therefore is that Mars transits each sign - which it does for 2 months approx. Hence it travels slower than the Moon, the Sun, Mercury and Venus.
__________________
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 07-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Thankyou both for your responses. The post showing it changing signs by house system seems to show it changing either every month or every two months yet its in Aries until early 2021.

Also I have never even considered looking at the impact of asteroids (as Pandora mentioned above) I would be even more confused if i did so.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 07-03-2020, 08:05 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post
Thankyou both for your responses. The post showing it changing signs by house system seems to show it changing either every month or every two months yet its in Aries until early 2021.

Also I have never even considered looking at the impact of asteroids (as Pandora mentioned above) I would be even more confused if i did so.
Re the second part of your post, one piece of advice I can give to any Astro novices is to not look at any asteroids, exactly for the reason you mentioned “confusion”. Stick to the mainstream planets until you really understand the ABC of astrology properly. Nothing the mainstream planets can’t tell you that alone an asteroid will.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 07-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Re the second part of your post, one piece of advice I can give to any Astro novices is to not look at any asteroids, exactly for the reason you mentioned “confusion”. Stick to the mainstream planets until you really understand the ABC of astrology properly. Nothing the mainstream planets can’t tell you that alone an asteroid will.
Thankyou. Traditional astrology is confusing enough
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 07-03-2020, 10:24 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post

Thankyou both for your responses......

....I have never even considered looking at the impact of asteroids

(as Pandora mentioned above)
I would be even more confused if i did so

.
Clarification since you are new here:
members discuss planetary aspect meanings
within any and all contexts
including that of one thousand five hundred asteroids
or alternatively

a mere 700 asteroids
if that is their personal preference
i.e.
for example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post

I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda,
Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes, Peirithoos,
Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa,
Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne,
Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?


Zarathu

its a small number. I regularly use 700 of them



Clearly then, our forum allows discussion on a varied spectrum of astrological shades of opinion

and

any and all opinions are welcome
it is up to the individual to decide for themselves
which opinion to favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post


Thankyou. Traditional astrology is confusing enough

not necessarily

Traditional astrology uses SEVEN CLASSICAL PLANETS

Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
and

Modernist astrology is based on traditional principles
but has additionally taken on board hundreds of asteroids
and that's just the tip of the modernist astrology iceburg

.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 07-03-2020, 10:52 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,537
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post
Thankyou. Traditional astrology is confusing enough
Actually not. You just need to really focus, filter out the important stuff (like not go towards articles/books asking you to illogically use 2 rulers for 3 signs, but other signs have just one planetary ruler). You have to understand how things work and trad. Astrology explains things almost like Maths.

That is one reason I am very attracted to Jyotish Astrology - due to its consistent trad. and scientific approach, but have been lacking discipline and consistency. I have had such accurate descriptions down to the day when something would happen from Jyotish Astrologers, which I often miss in Western Astrology.
__________________
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 07-03-2020, 11:39 PM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Actually not. You just need to really focus, filter out the important stuff (like not go towards articles/books asking you to illogically use 2 rulers for 3 signs, but other signs have just one planetary ruler). You have to understand how things work and trad. Astrology explains things almost like Maths.

That is one reason I am very attracted to Jyotish Astrology - due to its consistent trad. and scientific approach, but have been lacking discipline and consistency. I have had such accurate descriptions down to the day when something would happen from Jyotish Astrologers, which I often miss in Western Astrology.
I respect very much that people are interested in lots of elements of astrology eg asteroids its only as I'm still at the basic natal aspects and transits and that is after many years looking at it lol I know what planets mean and some major aspects but it us pulling it altogether where I struggle eg say mars sextile Venus in 10th. I've only just realised that you would also take into consideration the house ruler too. I Really appreciate the time that people take to respond to questions on here and it has really helped me in learning a bit more about astrology.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeuses For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (07-14-2020)
  #17  
Unread 07-14-2020, 08:38 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post
I respect very much that people are interested in lots of elements of astrology eg asteroids its only as I'm still at the basic natal aspects and transits and that is after many years looking at it lol I know what planets mean and some major aspects but it us pulling it altogether where I struggle eg say mars sextile Venus in 10th. I've only just realised that you would also take into consideration the house ruler too. I Really appreciate the time that people take to respond to questions on here and it has really helped me in learning a bit more about astrology.
The following diagram provides more information
in visual form

regarding MARS


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
The following diagram provides more information
in visual form

regarding MARS


Thanks again Jupiter.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 07-15-2020, 02:25 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post


Thanks again Jupiter.

That's okay
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 07-17-2020, 11:32 PM
Lin Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,230
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

This cycle Mars will be in Aries for 6 months. YOu can check this yourself in an ephemeris.

After that Mars will go back to spending around 2 months in a sign....until it goes into retrograde again in 2 years (in Gemini.)
LIN
__________________


"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 07-18-2020, 08:27 AM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
This cycle Mars will be in Aries for 6 months. YOu can check this yourself in an ephemeris.

After that Mars will go back to spending around 2 months in a sign....until it goes into retrograde again in 2 years (in Gemini.)
LIN
Thankyou for your reply Lin
on a chart for the next year from Astrodienst it shows that mars is only at 0 degrees for a really short period where I will have mars sextile Venus (10th Gemini) with mars sextile Venus natally and mars conjunct mars (8th Aries) no natal aspect in this but a mars square moon aspect. Similarly, it shows Saturn trine Venus (where I have a natal aspect of Venus square Saturn 6th) in and out for longer over a year. On a different site I was told that Saturn won't impact upon me yet mars will which doesn't make any sense as Saturn always seems to impact upon me.

Last edited by Zeuses; 07-18-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 07-18-2020, 09:12 AM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by three M symbols View Post
Some people prefer whole signs, and other prefer placidius. You are free to choose

The planet which stays 1 month per sign is the Sun.
(1 day for 1 degree. 30° = a month)


Mars take 2 years or so to transit all the zodiac wheel.
(so, 2 months or so in each sign)

He is in Aries since a week or less, and will go retrograde after transiting almost all Aries sign one time (starting his retrogradation at something like 27-28°)

So, 2 months to transit Aries once.
+ retrogradation (15° of retrograde transit)
+ direct transit of the last 15° of Aries

He will finally enter Taurus next year (first week of January)
Apologies for not replying to your post before now. I have just re read it and you mentioned the retrograde so that explains it thankyou.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 07-18-2020, 10:46 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post

Thankyou for your reply Lin
on a chart for the next year from Astrodienst it shows that mars is only at 0 degrees for a really short period where I will have mars sextile Venus (10th Gemini) with mars sextile Venus natally and mars conjunct mars (8th Aries) no natal aspect in this but a mars square moon aspect. Similarly, it shows Saturn trine Venus (where I have a natal aspect of Venus square Saturn 6th) in and out for longer over a year.

On a different site
I was told
that Saturn won't impact upon me
yet mars will
which doesn't make any sense
as Saturn always seems to impact upon me.
Different sites have different opinons
and also
different astrologers have different opinions
mostly they simply argue
and so
best to focus on learning, reading, studying
and vigilantly practising
until sufficient understanding
assists with
drawing your own conclusions
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-18-2020, 11:37 AM
Zeuses Zeuses is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Different sites have different opinons
and also
different astrologers have different opinions
mostly they simply argue
and so
best to focus on learning, reading, studying
and vigilantly practising
until sufficient understanding
assists with
drawing your own conclusions
Yes i can see that. I guess its down to the kind of astrology that individuals follow, their experience and if there are specific areas of focus for individuals on sites with the exception possibly of the more advanced astrologers although it looks like they have preferences too. Usually I look retrospectively to see what was been happening in my life at Any particular time and sure enough I often find that astrology is accurate in terms of transits much of the time I have done this historically so that looking at future transits doesn't become a self fulfilling prophesy as I think the mind is strong in terms of perceptions. However because I have done that for many many years I am now looking to learn more in depth through my own chart and transits at things I didn't know example in a transit you need to take into account rulers of the house being transited. I didn't know that. I struggle to pull it all together. I have bought a good book too so I'm trying lol

Last edited by Zeuses; 07-18-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 07-18-2020, 12:28 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,438
Re: How long does mars stay in a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuses View Post


Yes i can see that. I guess its down to the kind of astrology that individuals follow, their experience and if there are specific areas of focus for individuals on sites with the exception possibly of the more advanced astrologers although it looks like they have preferences too. Usually I look retrospectively to see what was been happening in my life at Any particular time and sure enough I often find that astrology is accurate in terms of transits much of the time I have done this historically so that looking at future transits doesn't become a self fulfilling prophesy as I think the mind is strong in terms of perceptions. However because I have done that for many many years

I am now looking to learn more in depth through my own chart
and transits
at things I didn't know
example
in a transit you need to take into account rulers of the house being transited.
I didn't know that.


I struggle to pull it all together.
I have bought a good book too so I'm trying lol
Two thousand years ago astrology was "..predictive..."
moe so than "...psychological..."
and so
HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY is more of a predictive system

used to determine events in the life of an individual
– i.e.

WHEN they occur

as well as

HOW BENEFICIAL

and/or

DERIMENTAL

the particular events may or may not be
to the individual native.

The NATAL CONDITION and SIGNIFICATIONS
of each of the seven visible classical planets
aka
Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
in the natal chart
is determined after thorough and exhaustive analysis.
the assistance of modern software programs
such as that provided by Curtis Manwaring
who wrote software
in consultation with Robert Schmidt (deceased December 2018)
at Project Hindsight
available at http://www.astrology-x-files.com/

Rumen Kolev practitioner of ANCIENT BABYLONIAN astrology
provides some great software options
that reduce the work load http://www.babylonianastrology.com/i...emart&Itemid=1

Numerous timing procedures are utilised
for the forecasting of events as signified by planets.

“...Circumambulations...” is used to demarcate
sections of time in the native's life.
Each period is governed by a different planet
known as a “...time lord..”
and effects during that period
correspond to
the condition and meaning of that “...time lord...” aka planet
in the natal chart.

Zodiacal aphesis, decennials, quarters of the moon, profections,
planetary periods and ascensions
as well as solar returns are then used
to get more detail
on particular years/topics
- their indications are always determined by the “...time lords...”
established by “...circumambulations...”
and cannot contradict those particular "....time lords..."

TRANSITING PLANETS ARE LAST ON THE LIST
and are considered
solely

within the context of beneficial
or difficult
periods already determined
and/or established by the various time lords

a detailed explanation of Hellenistic style delineation
by astrologer Maria Mateus
originally recorded at The Blast Astrology Conference 2007
is FREE at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7O6xObhK6M



Hellenistic methods as understood two thousand years ago
are not only detailed
but also exhaustively thorough when correctly utilised
- Maria Mateus video is well worth listening to a few times
to get some idea of the method
the approximately hour long video
is full of useful information/insights
that anyone may immediately begin to practice if so inclined

- also there's the ANTHOLOGY written by Vettius Valens
translated from the original Ancient Greek
by Professor Mark riley of CSU
FREE ONLINE at
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf



.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
house, long, mars, stay

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.