Hi all! Can some answer my question about co rulers?

Cupid Arrow

Hi everyone
:)

I'm new to astrology however I'm seeing holes in my chart. So I decided to maybe look at classic rulerships. For example: My 3rd is ruled by Aquarius, and Aquarius as a co ruler Uranus. I only learned modern rulers so how would I substitute Saturn as ruling my 3H along with Uranus? Do I look at the aspects or do I substitute Uranus aspects for Saturn?Switch them.. Or blend, what do I do?

Thanks for your reply.

:)

muchacho

You just ignore Uranus. Uncheck the outer planets in your astrology software. Which means your 3rd house is ruled by Saturn only.

obsidianmineral

Thanks but I dont have astrology software and I wanted to use both rulers for Aquarius. And so forth

I wouldn't advise you to do such a thing. I see it like this: traditional technique didn't consider Uranus, Neptune and Pluto since they hadn't been discovered. Since when does that mean that these do not work? I've seen many times that outer planets work in natal charts. So keep them there. The actual discussion nowadays is only about whether or not they rule signs or not. I haven't made my mind up myself yet actually, but I would probably go for reading both rulers.

Vyri

Banned
Cupid, The forum here is a Lilly forum that doesn't use the ponderous planets as they are sometimes called, the planets used are Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The outer or Moderns as they are called usually demonstrate energies in more of a Mundane medium of charting effectiveness of world wide events on a national scale.

Using the Moderns can widen your sensitive abilities where you might be able to pick up on more complicated and in depth judgments that deal with karmic leads that answer questions in your chart-with a more deep understanding to callings or patterns of energy, periods of important growth. I use the moderns for dreams and future trends that span an overall 10 to 20 years of active growth cycle,s or changes in the life that develop a wider scope to psychologically understanding yourself better in associations of/with, family, friends, loving relationships; that take time to develop.

Also an important hierarchy to call into any reading is to acknowledge the Hosts or signs/houses with their ambassadors (planets) as absolute rulers. These hosts/signs are sent to other places in the map to represent their areas of expertise or meaningfulness to creating events, activities their ambassadors call to providence; Queen/Kings or hosts as each sign has a Lord. They traverse the skies above the solar system to make restitution in different provinces of the natal chart. In this way they bring into the reading a refining understanding in our nature's that allows us to realize the extent of our gifts as the planets are progressed in the map.

Uranus is an outer and has a long stay duration effect in an area in a natal map that has important undertones in the life of an individual. He gives us an overall understanding of just what type of human attitude we have adopted in our subconscious and that we recognize in society that we can gravitate to and acclimate ourselves to on a larger scale. For instance large crowds and groupings of people we are drawn to that can benefit us on in a higher spiritual scale of growth periods. He is the ruler of an older wiser eclectic arena of widely diversified teacher's or priests and minister's of metaphysical and hidden or occult arts that help us reach past ordinary doctrines taught in the traditional sense. He puts us in contact with world wide events and ideas and can include us in movements as stewards and partakers of movements that develop universal paths carving History in the making of great events. Uranium was one of those historical events of a new age; invented by a deeply gifted creative thinker and her husband, both talented in math and chemistry science which enabled them to take solid material (rocks) and develop them into singular radiated light with tremendous infinitesimal magnetic power..Uranium. When other planets agree in testimony of aspect and position in the natal map, great thinkers of immense creative insight can be developed to think outside the box so to speak to make for world changing inventions..hence Uranus is known as the Father of invention.
Astrologer's are the favorite association's given to Uranus as well those with Pluto (mass appeal) and Mercury aspects to both of these.

Here's hoping you will not dismiss the moderns that are really the wider scoped karmic/dharma path finders to solution's of the universe. As Reagan once said, Mr. Gorbachoef "tear down that wall' he was talking of the great movement to free a province of oppression that held Russia in tyranny for too long.

Take care..Your friend in Astrology/Cabal
All the best

Vyri

Last edited:

muchacho

Thanks but I dont have astrology software and I wanted to use both rulers for Aquarius. And so forth
Ah, I see. I saw this thread in the traditional astrology section. So I assumed you were interested in switching from modern to traditional.

In that case you can use the traditional ruler as the actual ruler and the modern ruler as an additional factor. The outers work great in aspects, especially when there are conjunctions with ASC, Sun, Moon and Mercury. Then their influence is pretty strong and noticeable.

However, as actual rulers of signs, they are highly controversial. But you could use their rulership as an additional factor as well. I just wouldn't let the modern rulership scheme overrule the traditional one. The traditional rulership scheme is very elegant, logically sound and basically complete. The modern rulership scheme is still incomplete and at the moment looks more like the temporary result of a trial and error approach, i.e not so convincing.

Cupid Arrow

I wouldn't advise you to do such a thing. I see it like this: traditional technique didn't consider Uranus, Neptune and Pluto since they hadn't been discovered. Since when does that mean that these do not work? I've seen many times that outer planets work in natal charts. So keep them there. The actual discussion nowadays is only about whether or not they rule signs or not. I haven't made my mind up myself yet actually, but I would probably go for reading both rulers.

Im considering both because there are holes in my birth chart.. I still dont know how I would blend these two energies, but I did consider removing the modern planets to get a feel of my bc

Cupid Arrow

Ah, I see. I saw this thread in the traditional astrology section. So I assumed you were interested in switching from modern to traditional.

In that case you can use the traditional ruler as the actual ruler and the modern ruler as an additional factor. The outers work great in aspects, especially when there are conjunctions with ASC, Sun, Moon and Mercury. Then their influence is pretty strong and noticeable.

However, as actual rulers of signs, they are highly controversial. But you could use their rulership as an additional factor as well. I just wouldn't let the modern rulership scheme overrule the traditional one. The traditional rulership scheme is very elegant, logically sound and basically complete. The modern rulership scheme is still incomplete and at the moment looks more like the temporary result of a trial and error approach, i.e not so convincing.

You said conjunctions to a modern planet, I have a square Sun/Neptune and that aspect is pretty spot on. Can you recomnend some reading material on this? On blending that is.

muchacho

You said conjunctions to a modern planet, I have a square Sun/Neptune and that aspect is pretty spot on. Can you recomnend some reading material on this? On blending that is.
Are you asking for a book recommendation on aspects? Aspects in Astrology by Sue Tompkins is pretty good, especially if you are interested in modern astrology.

Cupid Arrow

You're forgetting to mention it's also co-ruled by Rahu in the Vedic system :innocent:

I don't use Vedic and I guess he sensed that so he didn't mention it, plus this isn't under the Vedic astrology forum. I personally am sceptical when it comes to vedic considering it changes the ASC. I know that I am a Sag rising but in Vedic, I'm Scorpio rising. An astrologer I respect on Twitter mentioned Vedic is accurate in love compatibility and home life but she leans towards western astrology instead..

Last edited:

Cupid Arrow

Are you asking for a book recommendation on aspects? Aspects in Astrology by Sue Tompkins is pretty good, especially if you are interested in modern astrology.

Does she blend traditional with modern?What I meant to say is: Does she use aspects using co rulerships?
And thanks I will check the book out. :D

muchacho

Does she blend traditional with modern?What I meant to say is: Does she use aspects using co rulerships?
And thanks I will check the book out. :D
It's basically a modern astrology cookbook on aspects. And so rulership doesn't really play a role. It's a 300 page book already, if it would also deal with how rulership of planets work in all the planetary aspects then you easily get a book with way more than 1,000 pages!

dr. farr

Personally I would recommend Charles Carter's "The Astrological Aspects" as an initial reference for beginners-the book is clear and straightforward (its written from a Modernist astrology perspective)

Cupid Arrow

Personally I would recommend Charles Carter's "The Astrological Aspects" as an initial reference for beginners-the book is clear and straightforward (its written from a Modernist astrology perspective)

You said Modernist astrology perspective, but does it deal with co-rulers? Im trying to intergrate co rulers into undetstanding my BC. Thanks for the response. :)

muchacho

Modernist approach usually means only using modern rulers. Using both traditional rulers and modern rules as co-rulers would be a hybrid approach.

dr. farr

You said Modernist astrology perspective, but does it deal with co-rulers? Im trying to intergrate co rulers into undetstanding my BC. Thanks for the response. :)

No-Carter (although a Modernist) used only the traditional dispositors ("rulers"); he did however mention that Uranus could be considered along with Saturn for Aquarius, and Neptune along with Jupiter for Pisces.

Being an eclectic-or "hybrid" (or as some purists have called me, a "mongrel"-a tropicalist using a mixture of Traditional and Modernist, with some of the techniques used in Vedic as well-but not using the sidereal zodiac. although definitely using stars-here's what I do when considering dispositorship ("rulers/co-rulers") of Scorpio, Aquarius and Pisces:

-I'll choose the traditional dispositor ("ruler") UNLESS that planet is posited in the sign of its fall, detriment, is combust (within 5 degrees of the Sun), is conjunct or parallel the South Node, or is in a pitted degree.
-If the traditional dispositor ("ruler") is in one of the above situations (positions), then I will use the MODERN dispositor ("ruler") as significator for that sign (unless the Modern planet is also in one of the above situations)
-if BOTH the traditional dispositor ("ruler") AND the Modern dispositor ("ruler") are in one of the negative situations mentioned above, then I revert (as a default) to use of the traditional dispositor ("ruler") as my choice.

This eclectic method has "worked" very well for me...

Last edited: