Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 02-02-2016, 01:25 PM

Selfish

Can 'selfishness' be noticed in my chart? Is it possible to see something like that in a chart?
Attached Images
File Type: png chart.PNG (82.8 KB, 23 views)

Unread 02-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

selfish, to mercurial

mercurial,

You asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
Can 'selfishness' be noticed in my chart? Is it possible to see something like that in a chart?
You have several planets on your Ascendant (self), so you are very self-aware. If you are self-aware and ignore those around you that will make you selfish. Whether or not you are selfish is your personal choice.

About the self,

Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
mercurial (02-02-2016)
Unread 02-02-2016, 04:57 PM

Re: Selfish

Mars in Cancer is sometimes described as 'selfish' in that one might look out for oneself first as a defense mechanism. Mars can be a description of our most immediate actions and goals, and Cancer is often concerned with self preservation, self protection. Cancers do provide and care for others in a mothering way and are very nurturing. They make sure others are provided for but they are included in the mix.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
mercurial (02-02-2016)
Unread 02-02-2016, 06:54 PM

It's just something I've been thinking about really. I know that the solar system can't make you a bad person, but I was curious about whether or not there could be indicators that hint at things like that. My first thought actually was Jupiter conjunct the Sun - big ego?

Interesting about Mars in Cancer - I hadn't thought of it functioning like that. It's truly my least favourite placement, definitely a challenge.
Unread 02-05-2016, 08:44 PM

Well, I guess not feeling able to help other people close to me by comforting them, or thinking of how to take action in situations (often involving me) to make it easier. Because my own b.s is seemingly so enormous and shrouded in confusion I barely know how or where to act to make things clear to myself to move forward. I often think of being told early in life 'you need to be able to help yourself before you can help other people' but time doesn't stop for anyone - so although I'm at a point where I'm too scared to misstep again to take any action at all, I'm also aware that my inaction is affecting other people too.

So ultimately (I hope this makes sense still ha) my decision to halt and take the time I may need to think very carefully before I make my next steps, is one I've chosen over doing what might be needed to put the people around me at ease - what this could be I don't know, but I do know I'm not using my energy to figure it out.
Unread 02-05-2016, 11:48 PM

Can you give your date of birth ? Maybe there is some clue in the Vedic method.

Tags
selfish