Does everyone reincarnate? Do you believe in it?

Abby83

Well when i did past life regression, if i wanted to see my outer environment I could. If i wanted to see what I looked like, I could as well. During the past life regression, I remember thinking, in this life it is difficult so that I can learn the lessons in my next few lives.

Last edited:

retinoid

I think it depends when one will be able to see their past lives it's either they can view it like they are just watching it and I read sometimes some can even re-live just like a 1st person point of view.

I think one of the things most human beings should learn is compassion and unconditional love and the understanding of becoming one with everything.I know that's really hard. I've been digging this up,and they say at a certain point you will view others as reflections of yourself or just a part of yourself,and by being able to feel oneness is being able to be connected with the Source,the creator or the one we call God.people get swayed away by the material and worldly stuffs going on we tend to forget we are spiritual beings having human experience.That's why I think some people are ascetic,they tend to seclude themselves from the material aspect of this world.They tend to focus on their spirituality because sometimes being in a too much crowded place drains their energies.Some people are quite sensitive when it comes to the energies around them.
:smile:

Why would you be sent to a place that is very difficult to realize oneness in order to realize oneness when you most likely realize it without a body and ego? What would be the point? Many people who die (NDE's) say they realize oneness and love...so it must be somewhat common knowledge in other forms of being but we don't because we are surrounded by ego. So why would we be sent to a place to realize something that you would already know? It is like being sent to a bad school/ghetto school in order to be academically great...probably not the best environment for that.

Sagakkan

My quest for such information has led me to odd experiences. Like I had a vivid experience of being an apple tree lol...I know it sounds funny but I remember it. It was awesome being a tree let me tell you. Also I remember being in a huge city, similar to Manhattan with water everywhere but it wasn't earth I don't think. It was similar but the architecture was very different and there is no city as large as the one I was in. I can't say for sure if these were past lives but I am not sure if I had very many 'human' experiences as I have searched and couldn't really find strong identifications. The apple tree was on earth though. That was my favorite :biggrin:

It kind of sounds like you may have inadvertently grokked an apple tree...."grokking" is basically transforming into something to the greatest degree that you can without actually becoming it 100%, i.e. retaining your identity. Many shamans gain great proficiency at it. Very interesting post in any case.

@ knowhow, that is another interesting post, some people say that we cycle through the various broad ethnic categories during our reincarnations. I'm not sure I believe that everyone does this, but some people certainly seem to, as is the case with you.

oriel

Why would you be sent to a place that is very difficult to realize oneness in order to realize oneness when you most likely realize it without a body and ego? What would be the point? Many people who die (NDE's) say they realize oneness and love...so it must be somewhat common knowledge in other forms of being but we don't because we are surrounded by ego. So why would we be sent to a place to realize something that you would already know? It is like being sent to a bad school/ghetto school in order to be academically great...probably not the best environment for that.

Just like you said we're all surrounded by ego.There's a reason why someone would be sent to somewhere usually it's the soul who chooses to do so,maybe some karmic ties or a lesson that needed to be learned in that environment would be best fitted for that lesson.Just like in Buddhism you need to liberate your soul from this world to be free from suffering.

But you see every soul has different level of awareness so when some say this and that,usually it doesn't make sense to someone.It's not always bad here in this world.If we would really want change it usually starts from within.

Edgar Cayce once said it's good to count your blessing but you should also count you pains and sufferings to better understand His way for you.(not verbatim) I read that to one of his readings before..:smile:

This is really a complex topic and usually we have different beliefs regarding on how and why we reincarnate :joyful:

Virinchi

@retinoid, we're not sent by someone here..
we chose to go

at one stage, sugar understands that its sweet and is liked by ants..but it cant taste itself.
So, to feel the taste, it has to come in the form of ant

retinoid

we chose to go

at one stage, sugar understands that its sweet and is liked by ants..but it cant taste itself.

Some agreed to come here not chose it.

Sagakkan

For me it's really more about creativity. I've always found it very presumptuous when people say that enlightenment is the ultimate goal of life, that we are just passing through on our way back to become formless. That's pretty much nothing more than a dogma of people for whom enlightenment is their only priority. Why even bother with this experience at all then, it's like playing a video game just so you can beat it, regardless of whether or not it is a good game that you actually want to keep playing. So what if everything is one, of course that's how it is and anyone who does anything in their life just takes that for granted. What really amazes me is the uniqueness of each individual being, the separateness and form.

Even with all of the problems I continue to experience in this life, which have been great and many, I still believe that it is more about manifesting your creativity, creating an artful role in the cosmic opera. Each life is like a work of art; as an artist moves from one work that has internal consistency to the next while still retaining his or her unique voice and style, so does the spirit move from life to life, always expressing itself (or learning how to, which are what the "lessons" of life, i.e. karma, are about).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

we chose to go

yeast is fond of sugar

humans are fond of sugar

sugar is transient

yeast is transient

humans are transient

an ant is transient

JUPITERASC

lol..humans are transient okay :)
i just took example of ant-sugar
And it's a great example!

Everything changes and ultimately everything is transient - including ants and including the taste of sugar

the transient nature of sugar appears to impel many humans as well as ants to consume vast quantities of it

retinoid

so, do those who 'agreed', get any special 'status' compared to others

I think the people that came here to help others at least are not bound to karma that they create so they will be more aware in general. Oftentimes these people subconsciously do not want to make huge impacts or take credit for things and tend to be background rather than forefront...some may have never wanted to have children or litter, etc...so they are not attached or left their 'mark' anywhere. This would make them able to leave once they feel they are done.

mrdecc

Premium Member
This is a very personal thing, 'I' believe in reincarnation because I had a dream/vision/communication. 'I' did not experience a choice, I was compelled to incarnate by an unbelievably loving but totally authoritative and irresistible force. It was simply 'time' for 'me' to incarnate, 'I' was a little disappointed and 'I' remember 'my' friends being very sad, they had done the Earth experience before or at the very least they knew of it and felt for 'me'. They felt for me because of the isolation.

retinoid

This is a very personal thing, 'I' believe in reincarnation because I had a dream/vision/communication. 'I' did not experience a choice, I was compelled to incarnate by an unbelievably loving but totally authoritative and irresistible force. It was simply 'time' for 'me' to incarnate, 'I' was a little disappointed and 'I' remember 'my' friends being very sad, they had done the Earth experience before or at the very least they knew of it and felt for 'me'. They felt for me because of the isolation.

Funny I have had a similar experience where I was told I had to go back, it was a feeling like I had to do something for someone/something and I thought I already was finished with what I had to do and I said 'why?!' (then I skipped to another part of the experience of course not receiving an answer!)...I was not happy about going back hence what I mean by choice. This would also coincide with my unhappiness with being 'here' and constantly yearning to leave even as a little kid.

The entity, which was bluish mist and I also believe I was similar to it, and we were in a dark area. We didn't have bodies. All I know is it was not merely a dream and some others on here have had similar experiences as you and I did. Though I think we may not be the same qualitatively, I do think more than the average on this site are just visitors.

charmvirgo

I believe that our reincarnations are not linear in time. It could be possible to move backwards and forwards through physical bodies in any order in time - jumping backwards and forwards between past, present or future - instead of every previous life having been lived in a past order to the one coming next, as in the dimension of time which we experience on Earth only going forwards. Or perhaps somebody could live all their lives in order backwards etc.

This might explain some visionary people who might have lived in the future in their previous lives and who subconsciously resurface the memories and can see future events far out of their present lifetime. Also these people might be ahead of their time in their thinking.

(It is possible to remember the future as a memory although you are aware it has not happened yet, exactly the same as you can remember something in the past. As a child I was able to do this and I remembered many of my future events which came to pass.)

If the purpose of reincarnation is to purify, learn, grow, evolve etc, and to continue on and on until you reach perfection when reincarnation is no longer necessary - then it would be that over time fewer and fewer 'good' and enlightened people would inhabit the Earth as these 'good' people didn't come back anymore, and more and more you would be left only with the 'dregs' at the end. But this is not so. Also the 'bad' people must need good people to learn from and so would any new souls who incarnate for the first time. I believe that when reincarnated you will go wherever in time there is the lesson that you need to be learned, past or future.

Last edited: