Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 07-20-2020, 05:27 AM

Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Waybread if you want to believe that 2000 interviews leads to 25 million participants, because CNN told you so, that is your prerrogative. I have no real way of changing your mind there, and I'm not gonna be able to discredit the polling system to you.

Bare in mind though the number is not definite. The number is a "may" - it may also have been 25 thousand people.

So your number is hypothethical to begin with. It is not a certain a number. And with any hypothethis, unless you prove it, it isn't certainty.

However peaceful protests don't end up with 9300 arrests, which are a certifiable number of what happened. These are actual registered arrests.
Dirius, you truly do not understand how polls are conducted. You don't seem to understand modeling, statistical sampling, or the large number of respected organizations that conduct public opinion polls. You can't just bluff your way through stuff you haven't bothered to study, especially when I've given you several links to follow.

Or maybe by now you're just trying to pull my leg.

Some news organizations conduct polls. Fox news does this, it's not just the more liberal media. University research centers conduct polls. There are independent polling organizations like the Gallup poll, which has been around for 85 years. These pollsters wouldn't survive if their analyses were normally wildly mistaken.

There's another bit of research that goes into estimating crowd size. Sometimes people can literally be counted through aerial photographs. Google it, and you'll come up with methods.

But the obvious point, staring you in the face, is that the number of peaceful Black Lives Matter demonstrators all around the country were significantly more than your 9500.

I'm getting a little tired of doing your homework for you. I suggest you do some.

Quote:
Covid19 deaths are relative to how the cases progress in a particular area, how measures are taken, and the response given.

Sure each state will peak at different times, however delaying the peak time will lead towards more stability for the health-care facilities.

New york and NJ did a poor job.
Oh, really. At some point, people tested positive for the virus to be counted as a case. In a few instances, where the symptoms were obvious and hospitals didn't have enough tests, medical staff probably made some assumptions.

An official death certificate is required for a recently dead person. They don't just make up these things.

NY and NJ were on the front lines of CV-19. Thankfully, doctors are now more experienced in treating CV-19 patients then they were last spring.

Incidentally, medical doctors used to be predominantly Republican. That has been changing in recent years. https://www.wsj.com/articles/doctors...ts-11570383523

Quote:
Waybread you have this tendency to engage in off-topic personal details which have nothing to do with the conversation. This type of comments on your part is what lead to the thread getting out of hand and requiring moderation.

There is a reason why your posts got edited out by moderators didn't they? they were breaking the rules.
Oh, c'mon, Dirius. I share few personal details. But now who's getting personal? I haven't noticed too many of my posts getting deleted.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 07-20-2020, 05:31 AM

Re: Aunt on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
MOB violence, killing, assaulting police officers, rioting, looting, burning down of buildings is not freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. They are ILLEGAL acts which are NOT permitted under the Constitution. UNLAWFUL ACTS are not constitutionally permitted. Please read all about it to understand about the LAWFUL Freedom of Assembly

MLK used the Constitution in the way it was intended and he received the support of the entire world because he believed in non-violence.
Blackbery, we agree.

My argument is based on proportionality. The data overwhelmingly indicate that the majority of demonstrators were peaceful.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 07-20-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
You have outlined EXACTLY what BLM is all about. Destroying democracy, creating hatred and violence. The destruction of the family and faith. Totalitarian goals to control the people through their Marxist agenda. Some people can keep claiming that they are a 'peaceful' group but they are wrong.

John Lewis, the brave civil rights leader who marched with MLK to bring about change in the country when racism against black people was a systematic way of life. He HATED violence, as did MLK. He HATED Marxists. They would both hate BLM and the violence and the ideology which wants to destroy American democracy. They want to destroy the churches. Both MLK and Lewis were men of FAITH and HOPE and NON-VIOLENT protest. BLM Marxist violent mobs and killing is the total opposite of what they stood for, he said the following:

"The civil rights movement was based on faith. Many of us who were participants in this movement saw our involvement as an extension of our faith. We saw ourselves doing the work of the Almighty. Segregation and racial discrimination were not in keeping with our faith, so we had to do something."

"We are one people with one family. We all live in the same house... and through books, through information, we must find a way to say to people that we must lay down the burden of hate. For hate is too heavy a burden to bear.
Blackbery, I think you credit the relatively small proportion of Black Lives Matter supporters who were law-breakers far more power than they actually possess.

If you have a religious faith and it is strong, they cannot destroy it.

I think John Lewis understood that it is love that conquers hatred, not hatred of violence, Black Lives Matter, or Marxists.

Rather, I think you are the one who hates them.

Blackbery, if there is to be no freedom of speech for people whose beliefs you wish to censor, then your own freedom of speech is in jeopardy.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-20-2020)
Unread 07-20-2020, 05:47 AM

Smile Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

"Darkness cannot drive away Darkness; only Light can do that.
Hatred cannot drive away Hatred; only Love can do that."-{Martin Luther King Jr.}
Unread 07-20-2020, 05:52 AM

Blackbery, must I point out that an arrest is not a conviction? People can be arrested on suspicion and then released, with no charges filed.

Further, I just checked. Shortly before his death, John Lewis visited Black Lives Matter Plaza.

You seem to be so angry and afraid. I don't think it's warranted. We agree that violence shouldn't happen. I think you credit the law-breakers with far more power to overthrow American society than they actually have.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

david starling (07-20-2020)
Unread 07-20-2020, 09:01 PM

Is this another 'peaceful protest'? The useless Democratic Mayor of Portland refuses help from the president even though the city is in complete chaos.

CNN reporting it as 'nothing to see here, just peaceful protesters' asserting their rights. They refuse to criticize the violent mob, no matter what they do.
The mob can kill, loot, burn, riot with full immunity from the Liberals.
There were many arrests but they will be bailed out by the woke, liberals who no longer believe in democracy, civil discourse or the law. It's complete madness that people can break the law and the leaders encourage even more violations.

The violent mob have taken over the Democratic cities.

About 15 hours after rioters broke into the building that houses the Portland Police Association offices and set a fire, a passel of community leaders and activists begged for an end to the violence that has gripped the city for nearly 2 months.

Pastor Matt Hennessee of the Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church began by “begging you to put down your need for violence and meet us so we can move forward.”

Portland Police say a group of demonstrators marched to the Portland Police Association building Saturday night, broke in the front doors and started a fire inside.

At about 8:35 p.m., police say hundreds gathered on the south side of the precinct in a parking lot. Some tampered with gates, broke patrol vehicle windows, and vandalized patrol vehicles, according to police. Police say members of the crowd taunted officers as they were arriving to work.

At about 10:45 p.m., police say people broke into the PPA offices and within moments lit a fire inside.

As officers arrived, many began to flee to the east. Police say they declared a riot “due to the violent conduct of the large group creating a grave risk of public alarm.”

Speaking on CNN’s ‘State of the Union,’ Portland's Democratic Mayor said federal officers “are not wanted here."

7 charged with federal crimes after Portland riots
Only 4 of the 7 are from the Portland metro area

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...st-protesters/

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Blackbery, must I point out that an arrest is not a conviction? People can be arrested on suspicion and then released, with no charges filed.

Further, I just checked. Shortly before his death, John Lewis visited Black Lives Matter Plaza.

You seem to be so angry and afraid. I don't think it's warranted. We agree that violence shouldn't happen. I think you credit the law-breakers with far more power to overthrow American society than they actually have.

Last edited by blackbery; 07-21-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Unread 07-21-2020, 03:32 AM

Sooo..you're OK with an armed force of secret police in America? These federal agents in Portland wore camouflage with no badge or identifiers, and hauled off peaceful demonstrators into unmarked cars. There were violent protesters who deserved to be arrested. But the federal agents did not discriminate.
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/19/89282...tland-protests

Did you note the "Wall of Moms" who organized to protect peaceful protesters?
https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchel...nd-88006213692

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

david starling (07-21-2020)
Unread 07-21-2020, 08:28 AM

Exclamation Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Quote:
Sooo..you're OK with an armed force of secret police in America? These federal agents in Portland wore camouflage with no badge or identifiers, and hauled off peaceful demonstrators into unmarked cars. There were violent protesters who deserved to be arrested. But the federal agents did not discriminate.
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/19/89282...tland-protests

Did you note the "Wall of Moms" who organized to protect peaceful protesters?
https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchel...nd-88006213692
Now THIS is OMINOUS. Trump had no legal authority to send them in without express permission from the mayor of the city or the Governor of the State, and THAT is expressly prohibited by the Constitution. Shades of the Soviet Union!!!

Looks like Trump's organizing a KGB of his own!.

https://genius.com/Phil-ochs-knock-on-the-door-lyrics

Last edited by david starling; 07-21-2020 at 09:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
waybread (07-21-2020)
Unread 07-21-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Now THIS is OMINOUS. Trump had no legal authority to send them in without express permission from the mayor of the city or the Governor of the State, and THAT is expressly prohibited by the Constitution. Shades of the Soviet Union!!!

Looks like Trump's organizing a KGB of his own!.

https://genius.com/Phil-ochs-knock-on-the-door-lyrics
Pelosi made the mistake of calling these Federal Agents, not civilian police, "storm troopers", instead of sticking to the blatant illegality of their deployment.

Even so, the reaction by many Trump supporters on the internet was one of full approval for an illegal, dictatorial act by a President who swore an oath to uphold the Constitution.

Any Trump supporters who approve of this action, especially elected or appointed officials, who should know about the law and the Separation of Powers, are forfeiting all claim to be in favor of State's Rights, and are instead, opting for a Federal dictatorship.

If it weren't so close to the Election, this would call for a second Impeachment in the House. And any Senators who refused to convict would be guilty of treason against the Constitution of the United States of America.

Last edited by david starling; 07-21-2020 at 10:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
waybread (07-21-2020)
Unread 07-21-2020, 09:57 AM

Black Lives Matter HAS to take a stronger stand against the violent, anarchistic acts by those making a mockery of its claim to be a non-violent movement. As it is now, BLM has become Trump's best friend in his bid to overthrow our Constitutional form of Government.

Last edited by david starling; 07-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Unread 07-21-2020, 08:28 PM

Good posts, David.

When I saw those unmarked camouflage uniforms, it reminded me of the plain uniforms worn by the Russian troops during their 2014 invasion of eastern Ukraine. The Russians claimed this was an internal Ukrainian matter, but of course, it is not.

Looks like The Donald is taking a page from his friend Vladimir Putin's playbook.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

david starling (07-21-2020)
Unread 07-21-2020, 08:58 PM

Smile Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Quote:
Good posts, David.

When I saw those unmarked camouflage uniforms, it reminded me of the plain uniforms worn by the Russian troops during their 2014 invasion of eastern Ukraine. The Russians claimed this was an internal Ukrainian matter, but of course, it is not.

Looks like The Donald is taking a page from his friend Vladimir Putin's playbook.
As I'm sure you know, Putin actually was a KGB agent assigned to East Germany.
Unread 07-23-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Blackbery, we agree.

My argument is based on proportionality. The data overwhelmingly indicate that the majority of demonstrators were peaceful.
I thought minorities mattered.

Violent riots matter!! O:<<<
Unread 07-25-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Came across this article and thought it seemed made for this thread:

"If Black lives matter to you and you want to be an ally, you have to take a stand against white solidarity, even when it means calling out racially insensitive posts your friends or family share on Facebook."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/speak...b65426947a26e6
Yet another example of the marxsist attempt to destroy the nuclear family.

"Get your friends and family canceled in the name of the BLM movement".

Sell your brothers and sisters, your parents and grandparents, your chilren and grandchildren to the mob so their lives can get ruined.

[Moved post from another thread because it's on topic for this one. - Moderator]

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Osamenor; 07-25-2020 at 04:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
blackbery (07-25-2020)
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:26 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:

Sell your brothers and sisters, your parents and grandparents, your chilren and grandchildren to the mob so their lives can get ruined.
Since you're calling BLM Marxist, your post is much more suitable for this thread than where you originally put it. I moved it here for that reason. Haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but when I do, I may have a response of my own. I expect there's more than one tangent to go on from it.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Since you're calling BLM Marxist, your post is much more suitable for this thread than where you originally put it. I moved it here for that reason. Haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but when I do, I may have a response of my own. I expect there's more than one tangent to go on from it.
The idea was just to share the article that seemed to have the same topic of discussion as on the Aunt on FB thread. It is sad that some are so fixated in seeing things just from one angle and one angle only that they won't even consider that there is another side to the coin.
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:34 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
The idea was just to share the article that seemed to have the same topic of discussion as on the Aunt on FB thread. It is sad that some are so fixated in seeing things just from one angle and one angle only that they won't even consider that there is another side to the coin.
The seeing things from one angle part could fairly be said of all of us. We can only see anything from our own angle.

The multiple sides of the coin is something to discuss, but I don't have time for it right now.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:39 PM

Good for pointing that out Dirius.
The Communists and Marxists seek to destroy the family unit in order that people will turn to THEM and became part of the STATEHOOD family.

Children in Vietnam were ordered to snitch on their parents and neighbours were ordered to snitch on their neighbours and friends.
It creates a culture of fear and intimidation where nobody feels safe, not in their own family. BLM is a radical Marxist movement and destroying the family goes along with them destroying the history of the country and the law enforcement that brings law and order. BLM thrives on chaos, fear and all the usual terrorist tactics deployed by totalitarian regimes.

The Chicago Mayor FINALLY agreed with Trump to allow 200 Federal Agents to quell the 100 gun deaths each weekend with black on black crime. Her own constituents want an end to the violence that is reigning over the city.

BLM then went to her home last night, rioting and demanding that she resign.
Attacking even the Black, Liberal Mayor because she is realizing the violence is totally out of control in her Democrat-run city is just another terrorist technique of radical BLM to prevent peace.

In a statement obtained by the Chicago Sun-Times, the mayor’s office said Trump “reached out to Mayor Lightfoot this evening to confirm that he plans to send federal resources to Chicago to supplement ongoing federal investigations pertaining to violent crime.”

Trump is deploying officers to Chicago and also to Albuquerque, New Mexico, as part of the national Operation Legend anti-violence initiative, which is named for LeGend Taliferro, a 4-year-old shot dead in Kansas City.

Earlier this month, federal officers were sent to Portland, Oregon, to protect a federal courthouse from rioters, and to Kansas City to quell violence as part of Operation Legend.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/23/trump-...yment-of-feds/

Quote:

[Moved post from another thread because it's on topic for this one. - Moderator]

Last edited by blackbery; 07-25-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
That was unnecesary though.

You also didn't move the post from aquarius7000, which automatically removes the context from my post.

Unread 07-25-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
That was unnecesary though.

You also didn't move the post from aquarius7000, which automatically removes the context from my post.
My post did not call BLM Marxist. My idea was just to share an article I came across, whose topic seemed to also be about family/friends making potentially racist comments.

You have the habit of giving things the sort of 'twist' that goes with your thoughts.
It is one thing to share your opinion, which can be different. It is a completely different thing to make someone else's post seem like it is how you think it to be and then asking for it to be removed.
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
The seeing things from one angle part could fairly be said of all of us. We can only see anything from our own angle.

The multiple sides of the coin is something to discuss, but I don't have time for it right now.
Well, if you have the time, you might try reading my entire post, so you are able to understand it in the context of the preceding sentence it was said in. I made yet another mistake of sharing something and having it getting completely twisted within a couple of hours.
Unread 07-25-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
My post did not call BLM Marxist. My idea was just to share an article I came across, whose topic seemed to also be about family/friends making potentially racist comments.

You have the habit of giving things the sort of 'twist' that goes with your thoughts.
It is one thing to share your opinion, which can be different. It is a completely different thing to make someone else's post seem like it is how you think it to be and then asking for it to be removed.
What I mean is that without your post, mine losses its context, and thus doesn't "fit" inside this conversation.

It becomes a random comment. Moving it here is the same as deleting it. It loses its purpose.

Unread 07-25-2020, 04:53 PM

It is sad that many people here are still calling them peaceful protests.

Another 'peaceful protest' by BLM a couple of days ago when they burned down another building in Portland. Day 52 of violent rioting, looting, burning, killing.

https://youtu.be/B8z0jFxOmFo

Christopher Columbus statues removed in Chicago

Italians built the country along with the Irish, English, Scots, Poles and others.
BLM dishonor all of them.

They have attempted to deface and destroy Lincoln Memorial but Trump put a stop to that.

The madness has to stop
& only Trump is doing all he can while the woke, Liberal Democratic Mayors & paid officials allow the carnage and the killings to continue. They are fighting him to prevent him sending in Federal Agents but he's sending them anyway because the law-abiding citizens want peace and law and order.

A sense of deep 塗urt and confusion swept through the city痴 Italian American community Friday, hours after the removal of two Christopher Columbus statues in the dark of night.

鄭re we happy about it? Absolutely not. As a community, we are extremely hurt, said Sergio Giangrande, president of the Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans, which is headquartered in Stone Park.

Giangrande said he壇 been reassured by Mayor Lori Lightfoot痴 recent comments that she had no plans to tear down statues of historical figures.

的 don稚 understand what changed, Giangrande said. 鄭re we giving in to the violence of the left at this point? ... This was a decision made without us. We were not at the table to discuss what other options there were.

Quote:
It is sad that some are so fixated in seeing things just from one angle and one angle only that they won't even consider that there is another side to the coin.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
Dirius (07-25-2020)
Unread 07-25-2020, 05:05 PM

Does that count for black people who make racist comments about whites and other races?
What about Asians or Jews who make racist comments?

Who is going to judge what is a racist comment and who are they going to snitch it too?

We are at the beginning of a totalitarian state where people can be indicted for their thoughts and comments by their own family. Will they go around recording and videotaping their racist family members, neighbours and friends or do we just believe a person is racist because their Uncle Joe says so.

Lives can be destroyed with snitching and for what? To appease the violent, terrorist BLM group? Who are the most racist organization that don't care about black children being shot in the streets for they want to destroy the police that protects them. BLM had nothing to say when gang-bangers opened gunfire at a funeral for a homicide victim. 15 people injured.

Crickets can be heard from BLM and the Black, Woke Democrat Chicago Mayor. She is completely unhinged if she doesn't think shooting at a funeral in broad daylight needs to be stopped.

https://youtu.be/UZ34wS5uw6o

Quote:

Last edited by blackbery; 07-25-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Unread 07-25-2020, 05:36 PM

The article is racist against white people for it implies that ALL white people are racist against black people whether they realize it or not.

They call that a fact in the article.

And this too. If you don't agree with BLM that the protests are 'peaceful' you are labelled a racist. Even if the majority of people are black or hispanic who oppose BLM, they are racist too!

If they describe the largely peaceful protests as “looting” carried out by “a bunch of thugs,” describe to them what you saw with your own eyes when you went out protesting.

Many law-abiding citizens do think that causing over one billion dollar of property damage (private and gov't) is violent rioting, causing the deaths of at least 30 innocent people, mostly black, is violent rioting and continued rioting, looting, burning by thugs needs to be called out for what it is and not what BLM claim. It's violent, out of control rioting by thugs and it needs to stop.

https://youtu.be/3B79fn6Fmj0

https://youtu.be/uQc5uxpl3eM

Why does Black Lives Matter only care about black lives when white people are threatening them?
The movement presents an inaccurate and infantilising view of society, which strips black people of all agency

Quote:
Well, if you have the time, you might try reading my entire post.

Last edited by blackbery; 07-25-2020 at 05:51 PM.