Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 03-08-2020, 11:11 PM

South Node in the 2nd House

Does anyone know anything about this?
How am I supposed to make a career and have any semblence of a life with this placement right there- and Venus and Pluto sitting right next to it.
This has been really difficult for me- and I feel like the lack of "caring" for better or worse has made this very hard for me to succeed in any kind of life...
I'll keep it short and sweet 👌 guys thanks. Also, I've heard that the 2nd 8th node axis is a pretty difficult one- due to the fixed nature, and the ..nature in general of the content.
Thanks..

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-09-2020 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 03-08-2020, 11:43 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric traveller View Post
Does anyone know anything about this?
How am I supposed to make a career and have any semblence of a life with this placement right there- and Venus and Pluto sitting right next to it.
This has been really difficult for me- and I feel like the lack of "caring" for better or worse has made this very hard for me to succeed in any kind of life...
I'll keep it short and sweet 👌 guys thanks. Also, I've heard that the 2nd 8th node axis is a pretty difficult one- due to the fixed nature, and the ..nature in general of the content.
Thanks all...
2nd house isnít career. 10th house is.

You can do whatever you want. Scorpios have power with 8tg house ruler.

Change your mindset and stop panicking. Put your chart up if you feel comfortable.

I know people with the same placement as you with Venus and Pluto and they have a rich powerful and fulfilling life so letís look and give you some real insights on what you will achieve in your life 😊
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: South Node in the 2nd House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
2nd house isnít career. 10th house is.
Exactly.

Second house deals with personal finances and personal values. How you make money, how you spend money, and how you manage money, are found in your second house. Eighth is other people's money, shared money, shared values, collective resources. Having your nodes on the second/eighth house axis might mean that questions around what's yours and what's other peoples arise frequently. Maybe issues around personal income versus family money are up. Or maybe it's some other manifestation of the second and eighth.

Since it's the south node that's in your second, it might be the case that you feel very strongly that you have to support yourself and you can't depend on anyone else to help you. If that's the case, then the eighth house north node points you in the direction of learning to accept the help and resources of others. But, you might be manifesting it another way, so I can't say for certain if this is the case.

Note that nothing is said here about career. For your south node to have much of anything to do with your career, it would have to be in your tenth house, or its ruler would have to be, or your tenth house ruler would have to be conjunct your south node. If you are having issues with career, that would correlate with something else in your chart.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Exactly.

Second house deals with personal finances and personal values. How you make money, how you spend money, and how you manage money, are found in your second house. Eighth is other people's money, shared money, shared values, collective resources. Having your nodes on the second/eighth house axis might mean that questions around what's yours and what's other peoples arise frequently. Maybe issues around personal income versus family money are up. Or maybe it's some other manifestation of the second and eighth.

Since it's the south node that's in your second, it might be the case that you feel very strongly that you have to support yourself and you can't depend on anyone else to help you. If that's the case, then the eighth house north node points you in the direction of learning to accept the help and resources of others. But, you might be manifesting it another way, so I can't say for certain if this is the case.

Note that nothing is said here about career. For your south node to have much of anything to do with your career, it would have to be in your tenth house, or its ruler would have to be, or your tenth house ruler would have to be conjunct your south node. If you are having issues with career, that would correlate with something else in your chart.
I am having trouble, again uploading my chart. How can I do this??

I understand that, what I'm saying where I'm coming from is that the second house is savings and finances, wealth. And,If there's no motivation for savings, then there's really no motivation for work.That's the angle that I'm coming at.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-09-2020 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:23 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Are you using a laptop, desktop, or mobile device?

If a mobile device, is it in desktop mode?
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Are you using a laptop, desktop, or mobile device?

If a mobile device, is it in desktop mode?
I don't know man. How can I tell?
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:25 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I don't know.
You don't know what you're accessing the internet from?

In that case, it's hopeless.

The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Zora (03-11-2020)
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:26 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I understand that, what I'm saying where I'm coming from is that the second house is savings and finances, wealth. And,If there's no motivation for savings, then there's really no motivation for work.That's the angle that I'm coming at.
So you're not motivated to make money? What do you live on?

Unread 03-09-2020, 12:54 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Can somebody help me upload my chart please?
Send your birth details and I will upload for you
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:56 AM
Account Closed

https://imgur.com/upload

Or if you go on this link.

You go to Astro.com bring up your chart.
Then copy the link of your chart in web browser
It take a pic of your chart if you are in your phone

Go to the link above and paste it upload it

Hope this makes sense. If it doesnít just send me your details date of birth country of birth and town of birth and I will upload
Unread 03-09-2020, 01:02 AM

It's August 17th, 1986. Anchorage AK
at 9:04 am
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-17-8-1986_09-04.jpg (46.1 KB, 31 views)
Unread 03-09-2020, 01:09 AM
Account Closed

Your mc is Gemini which has Chiron - no aspects
Gemini ruler mercury in the 11th with your sun squaring Pluto in 2nd house of value

With squares there’s always a little bit of difficulty however only you can overcome that. It’s how you feel. Changing your mindset will change the way you react.

[Deleted non-astrological comments. - Moderator]

Last edited by Osamenor; 03-09-2020 at 01:56 AM.
Unread 03-09-2020, 02:07 AM

*Edited the post.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-09-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Unread 03-09-2020, 11:00 AM

Not sure what brought on this last comment.
Mercury in the chart rules both the midheaven of career and the ascendent, so these are tied together.
Pluto is not in the 2nd house, it is on the cusp of the 3rd house of communications, and squares mercury.
So pluto in scorpio wants to dig down and get to the bottom of things, but then tends to express it in an abrupt, shocking way. Perhaps also because mercury is in Leo, a sign that tends to be very open and up front, and ego centered, while pluto in scorpio hides itself, keeps what it knows to itself, and comes from the inner subconscious. So Leo blurts out what scorpio wants to keep secret, creating a conflict. This then plays out in the way other people are approached (ascendent) and the approach to a career (midheaven).
It's also recognisable in the request to delete the thread so brusquely. This is a characteristic of the aspect, that once you recognise it and accept it you can control it.
Venus is strong in libra, sitting on the cusp of the 2nd house, which is its natural house, and governs things of value, that include not only material ones but spiritual as well, your self esteem and sense of self worth.
The south node shows us where you have been in the past, in previous lives, and it's a comfort zone, a place you know and retreat to when needing support.
The north node shows where we should be aiming for. In this case, Aries is aggressive, much more so than libra, and in the 8th house looks towards the things others value.
Venus is also finance and money, strongly placed, brings to mind the financial world. Venus approaches a developmental square with mars, also strong in Capricorn, the sign of business. In the 4th it could refer to real estate, for example.
Moon also in Capricorn is business oriented, and on the cusp of the 5th of investments, children, gambling, might apply to any of these areas.
Saturn ruler of the 6th of work in the 3rd makes a trine with mercury of career, promising stability and linking the 10th and the 6th. These two also link up with that strong Venus, making it possible to have a good income from your work and career.
Sun in Leo on the 12th cusp shows that you can look inward for your resources, and it is in good aspect with the nodes, helping to achieve your soul's goals.
Neptune in the 4th makes a sextile with the cusp of the 3rd and pluto, giving good intuition.
At the moment transiting Uranus opposes your pluto, pushing you to find solutions, unique ones, and maybe that is also why you turned to the forum to look for an answer, since Uranus governs astrology.
The very powerful movement going on currently in Capricorn stressed your Venus, but that is over now, and will stimulate your moon soon, again pushing you onwards.
Not sure if you will read this, but good luck with it, it's going to all fall together for you if you analyse it carefully and then apply it to lay out your future.

Last edited by ElenaJ; 03-09-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Unread 03-09-2020, 09:27 PM

Thank you for all of this. I guess I'm still here.. and thank you for all of the input. So I'm still kind of guessing what career I should be pursuing or going after. How would I control that Mercury Pluto aspect because I can't really stop it? I guess being aware of it, and having an awareness helps. Thank you very much for the input and your insight.
I've been struggling with money, finances and career and family for a very long time.
Thank you very much for your help. it's really, greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-09-2020 at 09:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric traveller For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-10-2020)
Unread 03-10-2020, 04:10 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I've been struggling with money, finances and career and family for a very long time.
How have you been struggling with money, finances, career, and family?

To give you astrological advice, we need to know how your chart is actually manifesting in your life. Every chart has so many potentials in it that there's no way to know which potentials are true without the native's input.

If the whole story is too complex, too personal, or both, it's fine to be pretty bare bones about it, but we do need some sense of what's going on for you.

Unread 03-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Just having a hard time finding a job, even finding what career I want to do; shortage of money. I'll apply every day and hear nothing back even though I"m over qualified, pretty highly educated and have what I think is a decent resume... constantly day in and day out. For years. It's hard to find work that I like- and to stay with it. Struggling with family, lots of arguments...with my Mom and brother especially in my immediate family. Stuff like that. I just feel like I generally apply to jobs, and hear nothing back... this is my biggest complaint by far. I just can't make any headway. And I can't understand what I'm doing wrong or how to make headway. Just a lot of sucking in general with everything. I don't know how to describe it. That's how it is.

Even though I'm highly educated and capable, willing to work....nothing. It's Nothing.. I've been underemployed for a very, very long time. It's hard to get in a place that I like. Established.

Others are not being kind to me in my family...they have left me or don't talk to me for no reason whatsoever, me trying really hard to communicate. Not getting recognition for the stuff that I do, being left high and dry and for no reason.. Stuff like that. It's very frustrating.
Can't find a place where I fit. And I can't establish myself.
Some weird instances where I'm singled out for something in public and castigated and then kicked out of a group, for no reason whatsoever by authority figures. This has happened in the past, and past years a couple of times...more than usual. Just for doing nothing at all -it's even started happening on this forum. Once, I was told to leave this one group, given no reason or no justification, also there was a bad traffic incident in which I was found guilty, when the person clearly was behaving dangerously and I reacted, and I was punished by the law with a stiff penalty, and she got off completely Scot free, while I had to pay the penalty. Stuff like that.
Just generally what I've found to be weird Chironic 10th house authority stuff. It just happens... I don't do anything to deserve it, but it happens. I also think that Uranus squares are really affecting me negatively. It forms a square with almost everything. Jupiter opposition asc. is also not very well from what I understand even though it's aspecting my first house. Trying to understand this stuff. I think the Uranus squares are really causing a problem for me.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-11-2020 at 12:20 AM.
Unread 03-14-2020, 08:28 PM

Does that all make sense? I tried hard to basically explain everything.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-14-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Unread 03-14-2020, 09:51 PM

Hi,

Could I recommend next time to pull your chart at astro.com please - they are just clearer.

I agree that 2nd house is indeed connected to one's career given your personal income (2nd house) comes in through what you do for a living - your job and career.

In your case, your second house ruler, Venus, is in Libra, where it is beautifully placed. Pluto is on the cusp of 2nd to 3rd house, so some might not even call it in the 2nd. However, if we do take it in the 2nd, it could show that you have an inherent fear of losing money and could at times go into an extreme spending or saving mode. I have Pluto in my 2nd, too, and the ruler of my 2nd house is mediocre in strength.
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Unread 03-26-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Hi,

Could I recommend next time to pull your chart at astro.com please - they are just clearer.

I agree that 2nd house is indeed connected to one's career given your personal income (2nd house) comes in through what you do for a living - your job and career.

In your case, your second house ruler, Venus, is in Libra, where it is beautifully placed. Pluto is on the cusp of 2nd to 3rd house, so some might not even call it in the 2nd. However, if we do take it in the 2nd, it could show that you have an inherent fear of losing money and could at times go into an extreme spending or saving mode. I have Pluto in my 2nd, too, and the ruler of my 2nd house is mediocre in strength.
Yeah. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that, at all either. Thank you, it makes no sense to me. I had to explain it like 5 times, and then some of them still didn't get it...and then there was an argument about it. LoL. And...then I was attacked; and then I had a moderator contact ME about attacking others. Lol. It was all pretty hilarious.

But still waiting on that response for the information that I provided.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-26-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Unread 03-26-2020, 04:23 PM

With Uranus, Neptune and mars in the 4th, it's easy to see you have challenges in your home life. Uranus is very rebellious and refuses authority. It squares Jupiter, ruler of the 4th house and representing your father, so there is a built in conflict here.
It isn't always clear when interpreting a chart if the 4th is the mother or the father, you say you have issues with your mother... and your father? Maybe your mother should be the 4th?
However, Uranus also trines your sun, on the cusp of the 12th, which means you can resolve this, look inside yourself. Mars and Neptune there are also difficult to handle, but again, Neptune gives you a handle through transformative Pluto, on the cusp of your 3rd of thoughts and communications. Mars, your initiative, is a little isolated, making only the square with Venus, who rules your house of self esteem, so sometimes you need a bit of a push to take action.
So, you have to look inward, change your way to thinking, work on your self confidence, to lighten the home situation and relationship with your father (or mother).
You wrote that you applied for jobs where you are overqualified. When I was in a position to evaluate job applications, if someone was overqualified, their application would be set aside and not considered, with the idea that they wouldn't be happy in the position, and would soon try to move on. Why are you applying for jobs like this? Why are you not applying for what you are qualified? Not sure if you mentioned what your expertise is, but I don't understand why you are doing this. Not criticising, just trying to understand.
Unread 03-26-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
With Uranus, Neptune and mars in the 4th, it's easy to see you have challenges in your home life. Uranus is very rebellious and refuses authority. It squares Jupiter, ruler of the 4th house and representing your father, so there is a built in conflict here.
It isn't always clear when interpreting a chart if the 4th is the mother or the father, you say you have issues with your mother... and your father? Maybe your mother should be the 4th?
However, Uranus also trines your sun, on the cusp of the 12th, which means you can resolve this, look inside yourself. Mars and Neptune there are also difficult to handle, but again, Neptune gives you a handle through transformative Pluto, on the cusp of your 3rd of thoughts and communications. Mars, your initiative, is a little isolated, making only the square with Venus, who rules your house of self esteem, so sometimes you need a bit of a push to take action.
So, you have to look inward, change your way to thinking, work on your self confidence, to lighten the home situation and relationship with your father (or mother).
You wrote that you applied for jobs where you are overqualified. When I was in a position to evaluate job applications, if someone was overqualified, their application would be set aside and not considered, with the idea that they wouldn't be happy in the position, and would soon try to move on. Why are you applying for jobs like this? Why are you not applying for what you are qualified? Not sure if you mentioned what your expertise is, but I don't understand why you are doing this. Not criticising, just trying to understand.
Thank you Elena J, I had strong issues with my father, and with my mother it seems to be anger directed at her, and a difficulty expressing love and affection, it's pretty cold and distant... these things are hard to discuss. So I'd say it's both parents.

I'm trying with my Mother right now as my father's passed away, but it's hard.
I think I do that with jobs because of low confidence...not knowing what it is I want to be doing. Doing what I feel I "have to do." The 10th house speaks to that.
Yeah.. I'm just trying to make this better with my Mom. It's a really hard situation. I'm a science major but don't have interest in that stuff anymore. I guess, I'm applying for jobs that I think I could get easily. Or that I'd be good in... I don't know. I've just been trying to get a job. And, I've recently thought about getting a complete career shift. acting & writing, or getting into a career shift into that different direction. I don't know.
Thank you for your advice. I'll try to look inward although I don't know what else I can do. The anger just keeps on coming, towards my Mom. It's endless... I think that's the major problem right now. Ask for jobs, I'm rebellious and have my own idea, that's the issue.
Thank you.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-26-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Unread 03-26-2020, 04:57 PM

"I'm a science major but don't have interest in that stuff anymore."

What is it that does interest you? Gemini on the midheaven shouts communication, but it is also a double sign so maybe more than one job?

"I guess, I'm applying for jobs that I think I could get."

Well, it doesn't seem to be working out up to now, why not try applying for jobs that you are more qualified for? As they say, what do you have to lose at this point?

"my mother it seems to be anger directed at her, and a difficulty with her expressing love and affection, and her being pretty cold and distant.."

These are very delicate issues. Each of us has some black spot in our childhood, admittedly yours is more challenging. Concentrate on your own reaction to her, let her reaction be her job. The problem is, we only have one mother and one father and when it is too late, we are left behind to carry the burden of guilt for unresolved issues inside ourselves.
Unread 03-27-2020, 04:40 PM

You mentioned Sun on the cusp, of the 12th house. What does it mean to have a sun on the last 5 degrees of the eleventh house???

Acting, I think that maybe getting into the arts, like play-acting or screen acting would be interesting and fun, also...some writing perhaps. I enjoy writing a lot.
Travel, international trade..embassy's idk.stuff like that is way cool.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 03-27-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Unread 03-27-2020, 04:59 PM

Your sun is on the 12th cusp, it isn't 5 degrees short. Why are you asking this?

No, it doesn't sound dumb. What is dumb is not following your "slot."
The energies in your chart all add up in a certain way, and lay out a path, you should be following that.
There are so many possibilities in the fields you mentioned.
Even in travel, think of the documentaries to promote destinations... they are all written and there is an "actor" presenting it. Banal, but it isn't as easy as it might seem, not everyone can do it, make a place sound intriguing and attractive, without being boring.
Not everyone has to write the Godfather or be Brad Pitt!

Tags
house, node, south