The Deep Personal Crisis of 2020

Lin

My thoughts are this: we're forced to stay home and therefore we are not in our usual routine on a daily basis. For some people, people who rely on their daily routine for a measure of sanity in this odd unbalanced (Saturnian) time, this can be traumatic.

So...there are things we can attempt. Time just listening to music. Your favorite music or music that you would usually not think about listening to in your car. For half an hour.

Meditating on a fixed point. A candle, a flower, a photograph, or some other object which is easy to look at. Keep your focus and don't think about anything else. If you can do this for 10 minutes it will work.

Do some easy floor exercises and/or yoga positions which don't stress you.

Watch a couple of hours of really funny movies. No commercials.

Don't watch the news for 24 hours.

Look at photos in your album which you haven't looked at for years.

Clean something. A closet, a drawer, declutter ONE space.

Stop thinking about what is going to happen in 2 weeks. Deal with one day at a time.

Make a list of everything you are grateful for.

Every virus runs its course. That's a fact.

LIN

david starling

David, I have natal sun opposite Saturn, as well, although it's wide and out-of-sign. However, when the sun opposes Saturn, Saturn is always retrograde, so I now have an in-sign progressed Saturn with a narrower orb.

Although my natal Saturn and Pluto are not conjunct, their midpoint is close to an exact opposition with my sun. I have found Saturn easier to deal with.

My natal 4th house Jupiter at 19+ degrees Capricorn had gotten hit, but I didn't find it to be quite as bad as I thought. (though there's still time :unsure: )

Basically in choice-centered astrology, we find a constructive, concrete action we can take that is consistent with a given transit by sign/s, house/s, and the nature of the involved planets.

In my case, we did a lot of home renovations. (Pluto connotes old-into-new, and surplussing whatever is unnecessary and not supportive in our lives.) We put the house up for sale and got a good offer even before it was officially listed. We had planned to move to town anyway--this wasn't just on account of 4th house transits.

But a thorough house (apartment, room) cleaning is entirely consistent with a Pluto transit. Interesting how many people are discovering Marie Kondo's decluttering methods just now.

Now I'm just hoping our house sale goes through, as COVID-19 is creating not just a health crisis but a financial crisis. We still have to find a new place to live, as I don't want to be on the hook for a new house until this one is officially sold.

My feeling is that if Pluto wants a chunk of your hide, he's going to take it, regardless.

Waybread, how do you see Saturn retrograde compared to Saturn direct, snap-shot natal? Possibly a weakened version?

waybread

Theoretically in a natal chart the energy of a retrograde planet is turned inward. However, the outer planets are retrograde a lot of the time. Natally Saturn opposite sun can generate a lot of self esteem (sun) problems, or else a kind of splitting whereby the individual identifies with his/her sun, denies Saturn, but then feels picked-on by Saturn-like other people.

More mundanely, I think a retrograde planet indicates that, whatever might be the initial aspect/s, the cosmos isn't done with us yet. We may get a reprieve for a while when the planet moves away, but then when it turns retrograde and hits the same place again, we're being asked to revisit the issues that it raised.