"elemental, my dear watson..."

arya ishtar

so, as a newbie (10-ish years of study) i am still working on my *own* chart, as i can say "yea" or "nay" and see what is true and what works, knowing *myself* better than *anyone*. and i can see my trends and propensities and can make course corrections and acknowledge stuff and the like.

decided to analyze my chart based on elements. used a simple calculation i found here: https://astrolibrary.org/interpretations/balance/ (nice, accessible, understandable beginning astro lessons.)
image.jpg
(attached for context, not for "read my chart," is that ok or will i be forcibly removed yet again? :tongue: )
[as long as you make some attempt to interpret your chart your chart will not be moved to the Read My Chart Forum - Moderator]

this interpretation was both bothersome *and* not surprising. more than 5 points in any element is "overly". i am overly (7) air and *no* earth. which explains why i've felt like a helium balloon on a piece of thread in a gale wind my whole life. why i have such a time of it trying to meditate or even just focus. why i have the *desire* to ground but am more often *up a tree.*

how can one compensate/counteract this propensity?!

Last edited by a moderator:

RaRohini

so, as a newbie (10-ish years of study) i am still working on my *own* chart, as i can say "yea" or "nay" and see what is true and what works, knowing *myself* better than *anyone*. and i can see my trends and propensities and can make course corrections and acknowledge stuff and the like.

decided to analyze my chart based on elements. used a simple calculation i found here: https://astrolibrary.org/interpretations/balance/ (nice, accessible, understandable beginning astro lessons.)
View attachment 59139
(attached for context, not for "read my chart," is that ok or will i be forcibly removed yet again? :tongue: )

this interpretation was both bothersome *and* not surprising. more than 5 points in any element is "overly". i am overly (7) air and *no* earth. which explains why i've felt like a helium balloon on a piece of thread in a gale wind my whole life. why i have such a time of it trying to meditate or even just focus. why i have the *desire* to ground but am more often *up a tree.*

how can one compensate/counteract this propensity?!

Hi Arya !
I have 4 planets in air signs distributed among Gemini and Aqua and there was a time in my life that i desperately wanted grounding.Thankfully my moon in Taurus led me instinctively. What helped me was :
Shopping and wearing jewelry at grounding points.(If you look at a picture of any Indian Goddess and note where they wear the jewelry..those are the grounding points). Both shopping and jewelry are Taurus heavy.
Another was the grounding provided by the Pagodas or centre heavy spires of Places of worship. Personally i felt Buddhist stupas to have strong grounding energy but Hindu Temples and Churches carry very good grounding as well. May select what suits you. Spiritual singing is very grounding as well as Taurus rules the throat. Food and medicine with daily routine grounds through Virgo energy.
Best of all is meditation with absence of airy thoughts !! Helps the balloon to stay put ha ha 😃

arya ishtar

rarohini, i am not a big shopper, but jewelry with stones (and even just rocks) are a big part of my life. and i don't do churches and such, but woods and trees instead. and i om. and sing. dancing really brings me into my body, and, in turn, to the earth. especially tapdance, lol.

so have a handle on *practices* to ground, think i was asking more about how/where to do so in my chart. at least, i think that's what i'm asking. i feel like if my chart shows me deficiencies, shouldn't it *also* show me how to *address* them?

RaRohini

rarohini, i am not a big shopper, but jewelry with stones (and even just rocks) are a big part of my life. and i don't do churches and such, but woods and trees instead. and i om. and sing. dancing really brings me into my body, and, in turn, to the earth. especially tapdance, lol.

so have a handle on *practices* to ground, think i was asking more about how/where to do so in my chart. at least, i think that's what i'm asking. i feel like if my chart shows me deficiencies, shouldn't it *also* show me how to *address* them?

Hi Arya!
Im not sure whether i understand the question.. i can read only vedic charts..your chart may point to the type of Grounding energy to use by noting the North node South node axis .. for example 2-8 axis mayean Taurus heavy whereas 6-12 axis .virgo grounding and 4-10 house Capricorn grounding..

Also , looking at your answer (trees and woods etc) i an thinking some of your main planets may be in Gemini (Punarvasu star) which is wedded to the environment. Pls look up this star.

Last edited:

arya ishtar

no planets in gemini, but *am* gemini rising...

as for nodes, trying to decide whether to use true node or mean node. (so either aries/libra or pisces/virgo.)

david starling

Nutation of the Nodes means there's a +/- factor. The Mean is in the middle; it's the average position, always Retrograde at a steady-state. So, I use the Mean as the anchor-point, and True as conditional, depending on other factors, such as Aspects and Transits. Btw.,looks like your Moon's in Scorpio according to the Chart posted here.

Last edited:

arya ishtar

"nutation"? (typo or something i don't know yet?)

and can't get to my notes, but what do you base your node choice *on*? as being in different signs entirely radically changes the meaning, no?

yes, my moon is in scorpio. am confused as to why you ask, tho. scorpio isn't earth, and i don't think i mentioned anything to the contrary. am super sleepy, tho, so may make sense when i re-read tomorrow...

arya ishtar

Nutation of the Nodes means there's a +/- factor. The Mean is in the middle; it's the average position, always Retrograde at a steady-state. So, I use the Mean as the anchor-point, and True as conditional, depending on other factors, such as Aspects and Transits. Btw.,looks like your Moon's in Scorpio according to the Chart posted here.

oh, i get it. you thought that me posting "overly air and no earth" meant i thought that was *all* that was in my chart, while i was just addressing those two extremes and not talking about water and fire at'all. just focusing my question on my peaks and valleys. am cool with my plateau, lol...

david starling

"nutation"? (typo or something i don't know yet?)

and can't get to my notes, but what do you base your node choice *on*? as being in different signs entirely radically changes the meaning, no?

yes, my moon is in scorpio. am confused as to why you ask, tho. scorpio isn't earth, and i don't think i mentioned anything to the contrary. am super sleepy, tho, so may make sense when i re-read tomorrow...

I apologize for mistaking what Ra Rohini said about Moon in Taurus. Of course! You stated you have no planets in Earth-signs (like me). I think I'm into landscaping and gardening for that reason--I need the connection. I'm Pisces Rising, Sun, Merc. and Mars; Aqua Moon and Venus; Nep.in Libra, and Sat./Pluto Leo. N.N. Gemini/Uranian Conj.; S.N. near M.H. in Sag. I do have the Descendant in Virgo, the Airy Earth-sign, but it's less than 2° from Libra.
"Nutation" is the astronomical explanation for the difference between Mean and True Nodal positions. The Moon orbiting the Earth causes it. You do have an extreme situation, because your Nodes are on the Cusp. The +/- factor is about 2° on either side of the Mean position. I would "own" all 4°, weighted more heavily toward the actual (True) position in your Natal Chart--a blend of both Signs, like any Cusp. I like sitting in trees too.:biggrin:

Last edited:

david starling

I would suggest painting in oils. But pace yourself--stop and rest, or you risk getting "strung out". You might well be a natural. I believe you have Visions to share. If you do this, try painting outdoors, bare feet on the soil, or grass. Possibly Surrealism.:unsure:
Btw, I enjoy not being Earth-sign bound!

Last edited:

estitom

Very interesting! Nothing I didn't know really (I'm "overly" water and lacking earth), but it made me think. I have the sun exalted in Leo in the first house (!), so I think that the three points given to fire probably underestimate how much the fire element is expressed in my life.

david starling

Very interesting! Nothing I didn't know really (I'm "overly" water and lacking earth), but it made me think. I have the sun exalted in Leo in the first house (!), so I think that the three points given to fire probably underestimate how much the fire element is expressed in my life.

Sounds like you're always in hot Water!:biggrin:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Using the system you referenced, I am 8 water and 1 earth.

I have had a hard time being grounded.
I just float. :)

Some things which help:
Tai Chi, Yoga, any of the body based techniques which integrate body, mind and soul.

Massage and other kinds of body work help too.

Things that activate the senses help as well.
Aromatherapy, music, etc.

Julia