January 26 2009 Solar Eclipse

Neptune Rising

poshslob said:
The eclipse will be in my second house, opposite my Sun.

What would the eclipse bring?

What house does your Sun rule?

It might highlight the issues concerned with that house...

I did a search and found this information on eclipses and found it amazing. The information was written on this site BTW:

The ancient rule was that the effects of a Solar eclipse last as long in years as the eclipse lasts in hours; of a Lunar eclipse, a month for every hour. From a Figure cast for the moment of commencement of the eclipse, events were deduced as affecting countries ruled by the ascending Sign, based upon the strength of the planets in the Signs and Houses

Some modern authorities consider that the countries which lie within the eclipse shadow are probably those in which the events signified by the eclipse will be felt. In the Nativity, the eclipse is most powerful when it falls upon the birth position of a planet, luminary, or ascending degree.

Contrary to ancient superstitions, eclipses are not uniformly evil. One man's loss is often another's gain, and an eclipse in good aspect to a benefic under good directions can result favorably. Those on the places of the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, or M.C. and on the malefics are, however, unfavorable influences. Frequently their effects are not felt until some time thereafter, when another planet, principally Mars, transits over the degree on which the eclipse occurred. Thus an eclipse-degree becomes a sensitive point for several years after the eclipse has passed; in fact, until its consummation is attained with a subsequent transit of Saturn over the eclipse degree. Frequent reference to the following tables in connection with current or past events, will contribute vastly to an understanding of the major trends that are set into motion by the third dimension of the Moon's orbit - that which is vertical to the plane, marked midway by the passing of the Nodes.

So it would appear, since I have this particular eclipse falling directly on my ascendent of Aquarius at 6:22 degrees (Venus conjunct on one side, Moon on the other side), that this particular eclipse is not exactly going to be 'something I should look forward to'....I find it interesting to note that the affects will not be felt until Mars transits over it, and that the eclipse will be felt for several years or until Saturn passes over my ascendent. Since Saturn is upon my Saturn return, this event will take many, many years to come before this eclispe is 'done'....

It doesn't exactly sound like a 'walk in the park' if you know what I mean.

Any thoughts of this 'gloom and doom' picture, or am I overreacting?
I attached my natal chart (it has some progressions I was looking at, but don't pay attention to those)....I'm more worried about the 'impending doom' of the eclipse....

Thanks for your help !!!!

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2009218.19477.3006.gif
    astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2009218.19477.3006.gif
    34 KB · Views: 37

J.Lily

Wow thats alot going on in that ASC area of your chart regardless of an eclipse, and that is exact then, I went to a lecture last fri the speaker specifically spoke on the coming years eclipses this ones effects will last 6 years, as the above article mentions the eclipse is 6hrs 4min it is solar so it lasts 6yrs. It is #51 in saros series 131 which began in 1125 AD. Effects are strongest in visiblity areas (Sumatra Java S.Africa) I don't wanna be your doomsayer, please try not to be negative or worrysome(very saturnian comment you said) This eclipse IS connected with Jupiter.
from what I remember in the lecture this one isn't all that bad. J.Lily

hermetic

The ancient rule was that the effects of a Solar eclipse last as long in years as the eclipse lasts in hours; of a Lunar eclipse, a month for every hour. From a Figure cast for the moment of commencement of the eclipse, events were deduced as affecting countries ruled by the ascending Sign, based upon the strength of the planets in the Signs and Houses

Some modern authorities consider that the countries which lie within the eclipse shadow are probably those in which the events signified by the eclipse will be felt. In the Nativity, the eclipse is most powerful when it falls upon the birth position of a planet, luminary, or ascending degree.

Contrary to ancient superstitions, eclipses are not uniformly evil. One man's loss is often another's gain, and an eclipse in good aspect to a benefic under good directions can result favorably. Those on the places of the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, or M.C. and on the malefics are, however, unfavorable influences. Frequently their effects are not felt until some time thereafter, when another planet, principally Mars, transits over the degree on which the eclipse occurred. Thus an eclipse-degree becomes a sensitive point for several years after the eclipse has passed; in fact, until its consummation is attained with a subsequent transit of Saturn over the eclipse degree. Frequent reference to the following tables in connection with current or past events, will contribute vastly to an understanding of the major trends that are set into motion by the third dimension of the Moon's orbit - that which is vertical to the plane, marked midway by the passing of the Nodes.

Well, if this is the case, Mars will go over the eclipse point some two weeks later, around 13th February, and Saturn will take more than 6 years to come to the point so...
Could someone explain if this eclipse is on my natal Moon in 7th house, can I expect positive or negative effects out of it?

Thank you Lily for you encouragement!! I was just kind of spooked by the information that I read that I quoted. Perhaps Jupiter will send good things my way, and I hope that this new year brings you good tidings and joy !!!

sixaquarius

(I see that my chart posting has expired and so, being cyber-challenged, I will post it again in a new -- the next -- reply.)

The January 26, 2009 solar eclipse falls in my natal 6H Capricorn, conjunct my natal Jupiter (located there at 5 degrees 55' 54" Aquarius). Transiting Jupiter also is conjunct natal Jupiter. Looks rather bright -- fortunate, expansive, Jupiter-y effect for all things 6H (daily routine/work and health)? I understand also from reading the Lllewellyn that NN transiting through the same house as the solar elcipse sun can indicate "opening doors"?

Jupiter is Ruler of Sagittarius, my natal 5H cusp. Pregnancy not possible for me, but good things re my children? Or does it mean that my (divorcing)brother-in-law's children really do come to stay with us this summer?

I understand also from Llewellyn that NN transiting through the house in which solar eclipse occurs indicates opening doors?

But I'm not crowing with delight, not yet (especially about those poor damaged children coming into my care). There seem to be "blots" on what at first glance looks like a pretty picture -- hard aspects. The solar eclipse squares natal Sun/Mercury/MC, and also squares natal Uranus (Ruler of Aquarius), the planet conjunct my Leo AC.

Can anyone help? Squares between transiting (eclipse) Sun and natal 9H/10H Sun/Mercury and MC indicate difficulties with issues of these houses, angles?Am particularly concerned about 7H Aquarius (partnerships/marriage) since my 2009/10 solar return chart depicts a hard year (AC/DC reversed) that's all about 1H/7H relationships. I am wondering how (and if) the Aquarian solar eclipse plays into Aquarius 7H/DC partnership issues.

The solar eclipse conj. Jupiter/5H Sagittarius connection is confusing for me because in my progressed chart, the solar eclipse again conjuncts Jupiter (here a 2 degree orb), but Jupiter is now in Aquarius in 5H Capricorn. Capricorn, indicating constrictions, stringent lessons?

Finishing up here, with a (probably dumb) question: How do people like me, who are appreciative of all we learn on this website, who are grateful for all help received -- how do we give back when we are not (yet) astrologically knowledgeable enough, and consequently not confident enough, to answer posters' queries?

My urge (and usual way of showing appreciation) is to pop by with a home-made apple pie, but that's not possible in the cyber-sphere.

filef3dbva-u1224026991/astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2009126_hp.63234.16842.gif?19252

Last edited:
Here is Starbridge's natal chart with transits for solar eclipse 26 January 2009:

Attachments

• 26 Jan 09 solar eclipse natal transit chart.gif
    26 Jan 09 solar eclipse natal transit chart.gif
    33 KB · Views: 27

cassanra

Hermetic, The solar eclipse on the 26th, if it is with in 3 degrees of a planet, should affect your moon. This eclipse will be the dragons head or north node and has more benefits.
Celeste Teal wrote in ECLIPSES on page 113 :
North node Solar eclipse-beginnings, courage to allow new energy in ; spirit and ego.
South Node Solar eclipse-Beginnings depend on release; spirit and ego;filtering.
North Node Lunar eclipse-Culmination creates openings;soul and emotion;joy.
South Node Lunar eclipse-Culmination and release; soul and emotion;filtering
The moon implies mother, women, emotions, birth or those things related to women and the 7th house implies partnerships, open enemies.
It does become affective in Feb 12 or 14 or thereabouts by mars transit over the area. Look for charged emotions in your case up to several days prior to the exact transit. Sometimes the individual is overwhelmed by the influx of stimuli and it may take awhile to sort through it. I can attest to that with the August 1st and really the Feb 20th dragons tail lunar at 1' 53 degrees Virgo which was almost exactly conjunct natal Pluto in the 6th. When the sun transited that spot in August 24 I found out I did not get the manageres job I interviewed for and I was overwhelmed with emotion and I could not make heads or tails (no pun intended) of it.

cassanra

Starbridge,
the eclipse will activate Jupiter. Jupiter is in the 6th is not quite as strong in your natal as it would be in an angle but it does receive a lot of aspects. As ruler of your 5th creativity could be expanded or increases spiritual connections to creative work. It is beneficial as this is the dragons head solar and should lend to more positive influence. Since it is in your 6th you might find positive health or change in life styel to reflect spiritual beliefs. Let us know:)

tootsie

Hi, From what I've read it is significant if it falls on one of the ang., and being conj your moon could show changes in relationships with women and partnerships. There could be a significant relationship with a woman. The 7th of partnerships, open enemies and what you attract. Also, you will want to look and see if it opposes any planets in your 1st h.

Also, seems like I read somewhere that it is impt to check solar return to see where it falls??

Cheers!
Tootsie

Last edited:
Hello Cassandra -- Re positive change in 6H lifestyle/health, perhaps I will make January 26 my bona fide quit smoking date. (Am weaning off now.) I remember reading somewhere that one can attempt to engage eclipse energies for certain projects, but forget whether this would be a good or bad decision for something so difficult as addicition. So wedded am I physically and behaviorially to the horrid habit, for me it is a "spiritual battle." ~~ S

Hi Tootsie, Happy New Year (day late)! And thanks for your thoughts.

Solar eclipse conjunct Jupiter(s) and transiting Moon (woman/mother?) perhaps will mean positive developments with my estranged mother, with whom I am carefully attempting reconnection. Or this woman might be an influential, intriguing woman with whom I have an opportunity to be better friends. Wish 7H "open enemies" weren't a factor, but there it is.

No tr./eclipse Sun oppositions to natal 1H planets but 1/26 tr. Sun being conj. Jupiters(s) -- would this energize natal 6H Jupiter/1H Pluto quincunx (minor aspect indicating adjustments)?

IN 09 SR chart, solar eclipse falls in 12H Aquarius, conjuncts SR NN. SR Jupiter is at the end of the house conjunct SR Aquarian AC. I'm glad of this as I understand that Jupiter conj. AC can be a benefitic (sp?) aspect, especially since I have a difficult, relationship-issues year ahead with 1H/7H-AC/DC reversed.

cassanra

Starbridge, I would not include the moon in your eclipse focus as it is only conjunction and oppositions. It may be that the aspects jupiter makes in the natal will come to light but the focus will be on 'expansion' 'spirituality' or key words for jupiter.
There is some controversy about making any big decisions around the eclipse but evidently a positive eclipse, as this one, can help break habit patterns. Good luck with that...jupiter does forewarn of over optimism but the eclipse can bring the extra strength to do it.

Cassandra -- thank you. (Sigh.) Need to think about of this. I teach Sunday School to adorable six-year olds, and doing so "feeds" me even as I "feed" them in an agape way, but I haven't been feeling too spiritual lately. Actually, I feel rather discouraged and and dried-up and distant when when I think about my church in particular and my relationship with God/Love in general. So, where the shoe pinches, right? Mangled pun: this pinch "fits" with spiritual journey.

Neptune Rising

I had a N Node eclipse on my natal Juno in 2007, at 29 Pisces. I started a job on that very day, I think it was March 2007. In Jan 2008 I handed in my notice because the conditions were no longer bearable. Mars had been transiting square to this eclipse point during the summer of 2007, and conflicts at work had been rising for me around this time (and before). The first direct transit of Mars in Gemini started in Sept 2007, then retrograde in Dec 2007 when I handed in my notice.

However my friend also started a job on that day, he was also having problems in the summer but he stayed in his job.

It will be interesting to see how Mars affects this eclipes point. I'm glad though its not retrograding back and forth over this one this time.

NR

Last edited:

nw_astro

Can some one look at my natal chart and let me know what effect it will bring on my chart.

thnks

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 22

StarNur

I cant predict what will happen on this eclipse even for myself... althought it's in my 10th house and aspecting 4 natal planets (sun, mars, merc, jupiter). I would garner a guess and say that there could be a change to my career, father or boss, or some important man in my life.

Since i started following astrology i've noticed that every eclipse has had a major impact on my life... the virgo-pisces eclipses in the past years were extremely emotionally trying times for me especially when they aspected my moon, saturn, nept t-square and asc.. The last leo-aqua eclipse was also a shocker

At these times secrets/hidden actions were revealed, ive undergone major crisies, changes and taken drastic measures as a result of what was revealed. Ive also taken on new jobs on the day or the week of three of the eclipses. I moved out of the country during one eclipse. None of these events were planned...at least by me.

Moulin

I just found out my boyfriend is scheduled to have an operation on 23rd January. I'm worried. His sun is 10' aquarius and his venus 5' capricorn.

Does the solar eclipse affect operations, does anyone know please? :confused: