Moon Sign and Food

Osamenor

Staff member
I was once in an astrology class where a discussion started about food and moon signs. Someone said (not seriously) that they were thinking of opening restaurants for each sign: comfort food for Cancer, foreign food for Sagittarius.... (They actually started with those two signs.)

The Cancer moon person in the group said, "Yum, comfort food!" while I, a Sagittarius moon, said, "Yum, foreign food!" almost simultaneously.

Seriously, do you see a correlation between your moon sign and the kind of food you would really go for? Do you tend to prefer comfort food if you're a Cancer moon, foreign food if you're a Sag moon, or whatever other food fits the symbolism of your moon sign? (Or, maybe more to the point, which kind of restaurant would you choose, if you had a choice of restaurants by astrological sign? And if you're not a Cancer or Sag moon, what kind of food would you associate with your moon sign?)

For the record, I really do prefer exotic-to-me food when I'm eating out. Standard American fare doesn't cut it. I like Indian or Thai or Chinese or Mexican or Japanese or Vietnamese or Eritrean or, really, whatever isn't standard American fare. I also like to experiment when I cook, with different kinds of dishes from what I grew up with. And I grew up with plenty of ethnic restaurants nearby, so foreign food is rather familiar from childhood, although what we ate at home was more along the lines of standard American fare.

CapAquaPis

3 things about Aquarian Moons when it comes to food: 1. they like to try new, fad and trend foods; 2. ethnic diversity is in the palate; and 3. vegetarianism and vegan is on the menus of many Aquarian Moons. You may watch your weight, but you don't mind having a few pounds overweight in your guts. And finally, you tend not to be a snob when it comes to so-called haute-cuisine.

Chrysalis

What would a Gemini moon eat :unsure:....their words ? :lol:

No seriously though, im a gemini moon. And yes i suppose there is some truth in this, as i like to try different things, i get bored with eating the same things all the time, i eat little and often (more of a snacker). I'll try anything once within reason, food from all different nationalities i like to try, this includes eating and cooking.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
What would a Gemini moon eat :unsure:....their words ? :lol:

:lol: A Gemini moon person will have to tell us. ;)

Joking aside, I hope we do hear from someone with a Gemini moon. And all the others. It would be nice if at least one representative of every moon sign weighs in.

(I see we already did! :smile:)

Chrysalis

To add to this thread, im close to someone who has a Virgo moon.

Very very picky eater, as in if they say they hate onions "they do". They will inspect the food for onions, and any minute onion found will be pushed to one side.

They like things just as they like them cooked, with no in between.

Doesn't like to try different things, they just like what they like and are not very experimental.

And not very big eaters, they will never finish a full meal. Interestingly enough this sign also ruled by mercury making them not such big eaters, more snackers.

Osamenor

Staff member
To add to this thread, im close to someone who has a Virgo moon.

Very very picky eater, as in if they say they hate onions "they do". They will inspect the food for onions, and any minute onion found will be pushed to one side.

They like things just as they like them cooked, with no in between.

Doesn't like to try different things, they just like what they like and are not very experimental.

Interesting contrast to Gemini and Sag, which seem to share a need for trying the new.

My sister was rather like that as a kid. She's a Libra moon, not Virgo, and she's not so picky as an adult, but she's not a big eater either. She keeps her portions small, not out of a desire to lose weight or count calories (she's naturally quite thin) but because she doesn't have the stomach for much food at a time.

If I think of Libra in the abstract, not thinking of my sister, I think Libra moon might have an extra delicate palate, really need the flavors to work just right. Like the classic gourmet, or the wine expert who can taste the smallest difference in terroir. Really, in my sister's case, that seems to be the root of her having been such a fussy eater as a child: she has sensitive taste buds. If the seasoning of the food was just a little different from before, she didn't like it. She went through a long phase of liking packaged foods, which are always the same, better than home cooked ones.

Chrysalis

One more, who's my sister. She's an Aries moon,and she really does cook quick, its like she'll not think about what she's really doing and will just throw everything together and hope for the best.

She, more than actually cooking will eat on the go, standing at the cooker and stirring the pot is not really her thing. She's burnt many things from not remembering she has something in the oven or on the stove.

She does like her food though, and yes she does eat quick....infact very quick. Last time i was sat at the table with her, i was eating a burnt tuna past bake, i was only halfway through mine and she was done.

As for taste wise, she's not a fussy eater, she'll eat anything really. Oh but she does like spicy food.

Interesting about the burning thing, when mars rules fire.

Osamenor

Staff member
As for taste wise, she's not a fussy eater, she'll eat anything really. Oh but she does like spicy food.

Spicy food is what I would've guessed for Aries moon. And if Libra moon has a sensitive palate, it stands to reason that Aries moon would be the opposite.

But since none of these moon signs are my own, all I have is my impressions. I hope we hear from more people with different moon signs.

And I find it really neat that you and I have opposite moon signs from each other and so do our sisters! :smile:

She, more than actually cooking will eat on the go, standing at the cooker and stirring the pot is not really her thing. She's burnt many things from not remembering she has something in the oven or on the stove.

I've also done that, though perhaps not as often as your sister. Maybe it's all the fire energy in my chart. Fire grand trine: Leo sun, Sag moon, and Aries Jupiter.

If I burn something, it's usually because I got distracted and forgot to check it or forgot to set the timer. Not that I completely forgot I was cooking.

Chrysalis

Spicy food is what I would've guessed for Aries moon. And if Libra moon has a sensitive palate, it stands to reason that Aries moon would be the opposite.

But since none of these moon signs are my own, all I have is my impressions. I hope we hear from more people with different moon signs.

And I find it really neat that you and I have opposite moon signs from each other and so do our sisters! :smile:

I've also done that, though perhaps not as often as your sister. Maybe it's all the fire energy in my chart. Fire grand trine: Leo sun, Sag moon, and Aries Jupiter.

If I burn something, it's usually because I got distracted and forgot to check it or forgot to set the timer. Not that I completely forgot I was cooking.

Well i was going to say that she was actually an Aries stellium, but i didn't want to sway from the moon. So maybe with her that makes it worse.

Me and her don't get on at the best of times, my libra stellium cant take her aries stellium.

I don't wanna derail the thread anyway, but interesting thread Osamenor, lets hope some others join in.

The one that im most intrigued with hearing about is a pisces moons.

conspiracy theorist

Aquarius Moon. It has flowing aspects from Jupiter, Mars and Venus but I think the more influential aspects are a square from Pluto and a parallel to Saturn. I'm not a nurturer by nature. I've been told on more than one occasion that I am cruel to myself.

This manifests as me being a "goal-oriented" eater. Most of the time I do it because I have to, and I need the energy and nutrients to continue with my business. Although my metabolism is high, I can survive on a meal a day, and some stretches my diet has been very bland. I can eat anything and I have a cast-iron stomach. I think my high threshold for variety and strange food might come from the sign Aquarius, and the austere attitude toward food comes from the afflictions coming from Pluto and Saturn. It's very spartan.

Ironically, some of the foods that I go for the most apparently are bad for me, according to my "genetic makeup" as told to me in the past by parents (I don't feel any untoward effects after eating them). I find that these foods actually taste great, but its ultimately self-destructive. Funnily I see this as another manifestation of the epicurean moon aspects coupled with the heavy hitters adding "injury".

I do like exotic food, but then I have a Sagittarius stellium.

Abstractly, I could see Aquarius Moon basing their eating habits on a philosophy or ideology (speaking about those who actually have a choice due to the freedom in their cultural milieu). However, the way I eat isn't governed by any sort of ethic.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Ironically, some of the foods that I go for the most apparently are bad for me, according to my "genetic makeup" as told to me in the past by parents (I don't feel any untoward effects after eating them). I find that these foods actually taste great, but its ultimately self-destructive.
Interesting. Out of curiosity, what are these foods, and why do your parents say they're bad for you? Are they junk foods? Or is it something along the lines of, your parents say everyone in the family is lactose intolerant but you love dairy and feel no ill effects from it?

conspiracy theorist

Interesting. Out of curiosity, what are these foods, and why do your parents say they're bad for you? Are they junk foods? Or is it something along the lines of, your parents say everyone in the family is lactose intolerant but you love dairy and feel no ill effects from it?

The latter, it didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now. I've never been a binger on junk food, and I live healthily so that junk food has little to no after effects, since it's burned out of my system quickly.

helike13

Cancer ASC and domicile Moon here....

I live in Asia so I eat Asian food but I'm European. I prefer Asian cuisine over Western.

The only Western food I can't cut off is bread.

But the funniest thing is I don't eat fish and seafood.... :) Even my chart is water dominated....

Osamenor

Staff member
Cancer ASC and domicile Moon here....

I live in Asia so I eat Asian food but I'm European. I prefer Asian cuisine over Western.

The only Western food I can't cut off is bread.

But the funniest thing is I don't eat fish and seafood.... :) Even my chart is water dominated....

Bread is very Cancerian.

Do you find comfort food a particular draw for you? Or not? Any particular kind of flavors that you're drawn to, like spicy or bland or sweet or savory?

katydid

My husband has the Moon in Cancer, conjunct the IC.

He has a sensitive stomach and cannot stomach spicy foods, or raw onions.

He craves comfort foods from his childhood. He likes me to cook things his mother used to make. Like meatloaf with tomato paste crust. And mashed potatoes and peas. lol

My daughter has Moon in Aquarius and has been a vegan for years. And she became a vegetarian at about age 7, when she first realised what 'meat' was and all that messy stuff. It went against her ethics.

My Son has Moon in Taurus. He loves to eat and to feed others. He loves basic foods, like meat and potatoes. He loves to have people over to his home, and his wife cooks and he BarBQues to his hearts content.

I have the Moon in Cap. I think it limits my ability to want to try new or exotic things. I do like Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Italian cuisine. But I don't like to try new, 'exotic' things. I'm happy with my old time favourite dishes. :whistling:

ElenaJ

Interesting thread.
Moon in taurus here, I prefer solid down to earth foods where I can see and feel the ingredients, not fancy elegant recipes.
About bread, my husband has cancer Venus and he could live on bread. He has a virgo moon conjunct Jupiter, so sweets are his big thing, and he does like to try new things so apparently the Jupiter overrides the virgo.
Seems to be some correlations here.

helike13

Bread is very Cancerian.

Do you find comfort food a particular draw for you? Or not? Any particular kind of flavors that you're drawn to, like spicy or bland or sweet or savory?

Yes... My comfort food is bread + chocolate drink every morning. This combo is a must have since childhood until now. Other meals during the day vary.

So bread is Cancerian....

Actually I work as a street food hawker in Malaysia. I sell Lángos which is a traditional Hungarian food (I am Hungarian). And.... It's a fried flatbread :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A1ngos

So my Cancer Moon in my chart has been elevated on a professional level :)

DtRE05C.png

Last edited:

spiritwoman

Scorpio moon here
I love exotic, ethno food, even street food, anything foreign and new will do, I also like cooking and have a great sense of proportion and love spices
But I have a stelium in the 9th house

PlutoLibScoAsc

I have Gemini moon conjunct rahu in 9th house, opposition Uranus.

I like shashimi, Japanese food is my favourite. I like spicy food, I would even request for extra hot (Spicy food because of my Leo stellium?). I don't like oily fried food.

Looking into my history and habit, I am really faithful to the type of food that I love, I can go to the same restaurant ordering my same favourite food for years. My favourite types of food is less than 10.

I don't mind trying new food, as long as is not some worms, centipedes, dog or crocodile, etc. I am fine.

I like to eat a lot. I always suggest buffet to my family and friends, lol.
I really like carbs like noodles, bread & rice but I also really need to control it.
I also know how to eat my way to skinny if I want to cause I do keto whenever I think is time to fit into my dresses 😁.

When I cook at home, I like to invent new food or if I learned it from somewhere, I like to add a bit of my own twist to it.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Got another Virgo moon addition.

A friend of mine has a Virgo moon, but it is trine her saturn.

Her food is very bland, not very experimental at all, kind of the same thing week in week out, she never buys fresh veg its always tinned including tinned potatoes. Infact the majority of her food shopping is tinned stuff.

She's seen me eating sushi before and she's like "ugh whats what ?"