Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 07-15-2009, 04:04 PM

Midpoints

What planets do you have conjunct square or opposite your Sun - Moon Midpoint or Ascendant - MC Midpoint?

These two Midpoints: Sun/Moon and Ascendant/MC are Ive read meant to be the most important points in the chart and according to some are as important as any planet, also very revealing in synastry, progressions and transits.

I have Saturn square both. So that explains it.

Unread 07-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Re: Midpoints

I have nothing on my Sun/Moon midpoint, the orbs used are usually very small. I don't think I have anything on Asc/MC. I have my Sun opposite my Jupiter/Pluto Midpoint on my Virgo Asc. I have my Sun/Jupiter midpoint in Taurus in my 9th house opposed by my 3rd house Uranus. I have often thought this amplifies my interest in astrology and my obsessive need for knowledge (Jupiter-Pluto), it occupies me day and night. Perhaps something else in my chart explains this.

The Sun/Moon midpoint was supposed to be a good indicator for predicting relationships. I haven't tried it, and would have no clue if it works. I will check when I met my partner if 15 degrees Pisces is being aspected......................

Nothing in transits.....Perhaps it does explain character in more exact detail, not experienced enough to know really.

Last edited by Shining Ray; 07-15-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: I just repeated unnecessarily
Unread 07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

I never checked synastry, and my Sun/Moon midpoint is conjunct his Pisces I.C. I have 2 of my Pisces planets in his 4th house with SN. ......lucky him . But he has 3 planets in my 12th house...lucky me.

Last edited by Shining Ray; 07-15-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Unread 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

I like midpoint and the two you mentioned are great starters, but for Asc/MC you must have a correct birth time.

I have my chart ruler Uranus on sun/moon midpoint obviously both square, opp Asc. Then mercury on Asc/Mc midpoint, I've always known or recognised this need to communicate with people,jobs in customer facing positions, receptionist, meeting and greeting, public speaking on astrology, teaching Saggi MC.
Unread 05-13-2019, 08:44 AM

Venus is partile square my sun/moon midpoint (7th house).
As for what it could mean, i don't know.

Also have saturn square my Asc/Mc midpoint (11th house), i can come across as saturnian at times with people i don't know, not too great being in large groups of people.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 05-13-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added houses sun/moon midpoints land in
Unread 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM

I have Mars, I'm an individualist and a loner
Unread 05-13-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Jupiter View Post
I have Mars, I'm an individualist and a loner
Which midpoint does mars aspect ?

Which house is the midpoint in ?
Unread 05-13-2019, 10:21 AM

Smile Re: Midpoints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Venus is partile square my sun/moon midpoint (7th house).
As for what it could mean, i don't know.

Also have saturn square my Asc/Mc midpoint (11th house), i can come across as saturnian at times with people i don't know, not too great being in large groups of people.
Aside from Yods, I haven't been using midpoints. I have Merc Conj my Sun/Moon midpoint in Pisces, and Saturn opposite my Asc/M.C. midpoint in Aquarius. Any interpretations?
Uh, Merc is also at the Yod midpoint of the Nep/Pluto quincunx.

Last edited by david starling; 05-13-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Unread 05-13-2019, 01:08 PM

Reading up on midpoint astrology, it looks like a 1 degree orb, or at most 1.5 degree. (For Yods, a 2 degree orb appears standard.)
So, Merc is not small enough orb to be seen conventionally as a Sun/Moon midpoint conjunct planet. However, Saturn is close enough orb for my Asc/M.C. midpoint opposition.

Last edited by david starling; 05-13-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Unread 05-13-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Aside from Yods, I haven't been using midpoints. I have Merc Conj my Sun/Moon midpoint in Pisces, and Saturn opposite my Asc/M.C. midpoint in Aquarius. Any interpretations?
Uh, Merc is also at the Yod midpoint of the Nep/Pluto quincunx.
As for interpretations, im not too sure on just yet, ive only just started looking into these myself.

I think i can feel my AC/MC midpoint which falls in sagg/11th house with saturn square it. I can feel it in the sense of group settings im not great with, i prefer one on one interactions, i get anxious and i probably won't speak that much. But then once i feel more comfortable and at ease, my sagg side will appear.

So with regards to your mercury being conjunct your sun/moon midpoint in pisces. As midpoints further refine a chart and show where clusters of energy may be with certain natal planets, then maybe it shows that you have artistic talents i don't know though, i suppose it depends on what house your midpoint falls into.
Unread 05-13-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
As for interpretations, im not too sure on just yet, ive only just started looking into these myself.

I think i can feel my AC/MC midpoint which falls in sagg/11th house with saturn square it. I can feel it in the sense of group settings im not great with, i prefer one on one interactions, i get anxious and i probably won't speak that much. But then once i feel more comfortable and at ease, my sagg side will appear.

So with regards to your mercury being conjunct your sun/moon midpoint in pisces. As midpoints further refine a chart and show where clusters of energy may be with certain natal planets, then maybe it shows that you have artistic talents i don't know though, i suppose it depends on what house your midpoint falls into.
It's possible that Saturn in H6 opposite my Asc/M.C. midpoint in Aquarius H12 is what alerted me intuitively to this being a tropical Age of Capricorn with Saturn as Age-ruler. I can't understand why I'm the only one I know of who even considered the possibility of tropical Ages concurrent with sidereal Ages. It's logical and checks out empirically, so why was it left to me to have to develop it? I'll see if there's another midpoint that explains this.

Tags
midpoints