Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 02-17-2012, 12:12 AM

A thing born in cyberspace

What do you use for the location?

Unread 02-17-2012, 03:12 AM
Banned

Re: A thing born in cyberspace

what do you use for the time? if you figure that out, you might be able to establish a location..
Unread 02-17-2012, 01:30 PM

I've got the time. I wonder about the location though. Should I use the place where the person was when they originated the thing? I guess that's sensible.
Unread 02-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

moog,

i think that is the way to go.. the person and place where the idea originated. that is what i would use for time and location. it is sort of like a conception chart..
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog View Post
I've got the time. I wonder about the location though. Should I use the place where the person was when they originated the thing? I guess that's sensible.
Yes, quite sensible considering the internet is just a tool to transmit what originates in a person's head initially.
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:58 AM

I agree-but if you can't find where the person was, or who the person was, that originated the think, you can always use the omphalos (navel or center) of the Earth (according to esotericists) as the location: ie, the Giza plateau, near Cairo, Egypt (that what I use for generic mundane ingresses, etc)
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:05 AM

Hi dr. farr,

Before introduction of time zones in rounding off hours, we used local time, during this time all locations would have Sirius culminating within 1* degree orb at start of New Years Day (midnight).

Now locations have to be within a degree of every 15 degrees of longitude of the Prime Meridian of Greenwich UK, to show this, Cairo and Giza are aligned to this process, so roughly between 1901 till 2100, Sirius will culminate by the accurate paran over the Pyramids, during the first minute of New Year, which is a strange coincidence, considering the importance given to Sirius by the ancient Egyptians to the start of the year!
Unread 02-18-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
I agree-but if you can't find where the person was, or who the person was, that originated the think, you can always use the omphalos (navel or center) of the Earth (according to esotericists) as the location: ie, the Giza plateau, near Cairo, Egypt (that what I use for generic mundane ingresses, etc)
Thanks, that's handy to know!

Tags
born, cyberspace, thing