Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 04-18-2020, 07:52 AM

Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Learning more about the nature of coronaviruses in part of my huge interests in science. The classification of living things (animalia, botany, viruses, bacteria and fungi) shows the similarities and differences of related species. From the common cold (rhinovirus) and influenzas; to poxes like chickenpox (and shingles), smallpox (extinct since vaccination in the 1970s), measles and rubella; herpes as a STD; canker sores; and SARS like the first one (2002-04 now disappeared), MERS (2010s to reappeared in different places then to vanish) and Covid-19 which turned into a current global pandemic in 2020. Viruses known to make us cough, sneeze, have fever, chills and sore throats; as well make the skin break out into rashes and pimples; and the ones likely to cause forms of pneumonia have similar symptoms, but they vary differently.
I'm afraid to catch a regular old cold now! Everyone would think I caught Covid-19.

The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-18-2020)
Unread 04-18-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: What are you learning from COVID?

The first person I knew that needed computer anonymous, was an Aquarius. He would stay up all night on the thing. His family was unimpressed, as he was ignoring his daily duties. Sleeping through the day and alone eyes bulging at the screen at night. He was a fabulous musician, classically trained. It was the early 90's.
Unread 04-18-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
none of the links you posted are working.
-

Nothing wrong with keeping what you earn. I'm not in favour of taxation, which I consider theft. So do many people.

If you believe tax cuts are bad for the economy, speak with small business owners who beneffited from lower taxes. A lot of people were happy with the tax cuts.

If you are against the top marginal getting a higher cut, its what you get for having progressive taxation.
In Canada, taxation began with The War Measures Act. It was renamed in 1988, to The Emergency Act of 1988.

When it was The War Measures Act, it was used for the first and second world wars. The taxation went to the War effort, so they said anyway. It was never repealed. They just kept raising it and making new laws to afford themselves protection for the misappropriation our money.

The Last time it was used was for The FLQ October Crisis, in Montreal by PM Pierre Trudeau, the said father of our present PM Justin Trudeau. Now Justin is mentioning using it.

I say "said" Father because of the rumours. He looks very much like a famous political leader. Fidel Castro.

Would it be funny? or not?
Unread 04-18-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
In Canada, taxation began with The War Measures Act. It was renamed in 1988, to The Emergency Act of 1988.

When it was The War Measures Act, it was used for the first and second world wars. The taxation went to the War effort, so they said anyway. It was never repealed. They just kept raising it and making new laws to afford themselves protection for the misappropriation our money.

The Last time it was used was for The FLQ October Crisis, in Montreal by PM Pierre Trudeau, the said father of our present PM Justin Trudeau. Now Justin is mentioning using it.

I say "said" Father because of the rumours. He looks very much like a famous political leader. Fidel Castro.

Would it be funny? or not?
Canada isn't a constitutional republic. It is a fiefdom of the english royal family. You have a sovereign and a monarchy which acts as the head of state. The idea of strong government presence in your daily lives is a given. The country was never founded under the principles of liberty.

The majority of republics were founded on the idea of small government intervention, and individual rights protected by a constitution.

This is evident in the constitutional preamble of Canada in comparison to any republic. For example, while the canadian constitutional preamble talks about an administrative division subject to the british crown, the american constitution talks about individual liberty.

-------------------------------

What I'm trying to say is that Canada is supposed to get ******* by government and the political aristocracy. Your entire country is founded on that ideal. Other nations are not. Don't get me wrong, I agree you are getting robbed blindly by the political class, and I hope some day you can do something about it.

But Canada's problems are inherent to a system which is corrupted in the first place. Its not just politicians. Its the whole identity of a nation which grew used to relegating everything to the government. That is why now Canada along with the rest of the UK is suffering from virtually every single individual right being breached by those in power.

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 04-18-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Unread 04-18-2020, 10:08 PM

I've learned there's truth to the saying, "If you don't see it coming, you won't know what to do when it gets there".
Unread 04-18-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
The first person I knew that needed computer anonymous, was an Aquarius. He would stay up all night on the thing. His family was unimpressed, as he was ignoring his daily duties. Sleeping through the day and alone eyes bulging at the screen at night. He was a fabulous musician, classically trained. It was the early 90's.
A sidereal Sun-Capricorn?
Unread 04-19-2020, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Canada isn't a constitutional republic. It is a fiefdom of the english royal family. You have a sovereign and a monarchy which acts as the head of state. The idea of strong government presence in your daily lives is a given. The country was never founded under the principles of liberty.

The majority of republics were founded on the idea of small government intervention, and individual rights protected by a constitution.

This is evident in the constitutional preamble of Canada in comparison to any republic. For example, while the canadian constitutional preamble talks about an administrative division subject to the british crown, the american constitution talks about individual liberty.

-------------------------------

What I'm trying to say is that Canada is supposed to get ******* by government and the political aristocracy. Your entire country is founded on that ideal. Other nations are not. Don't get me wrong, I agree you are getting robbed blindly by the political class, and I hope some day you can do something about it.

But Canada's problems are inherent to a system which is corrupted in the first place. Its not just politicians. Its the whole identity of a nation which grew used to relegating everything to the government. That is why now Canada along with the rest of the UK is suffering from virtually every single individual right being breached by those in power.
Actually, I see all government bodies as the same lying slime. I can’t tell the difference, between government rule, and government rule. We are all slaves.

Every country has problems. All stem from the puppet masters that want you to think you are free. Or not.
Unread 04-19-2020, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
A sidereal Sun-Capricorn?
It’s been years, not sure if I have his data.
Unread 04-19-2020, 09:11 PM

I am somewhat happy that this is going on. Because
people were so harsh on me, bullying me for being different.
Not doing what I need to do...
such as finding a job
or marrying a guy.

I'm kinda like Good!!!

Since I can't do the things I wanna do...
people can't do the things.

People bullied me at the concert.

So good... Concerts are cancelled.

I saw people in other countries are so angry with the USA.
And one of them said, "USA deserves it"
Maybe some Americans hurt that person.

USA *****!! People are so mean and snobbish.

Some men wanted me to be a housewife...
ruining any opportunities I have my eyes on...
Good!!! Traditional is gone. Normal is no more.

Everything is upside down.
The Following User Says Thank You to PatAstro For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (04-19-2020)
Unread 04-20-2020, 02:25 AM

Serological studies in 3 select locations which were earlier covid19 hotspots last month before mitigation like lockdowns, higher number of available testing and closer management to isolate all positive cases. Imagine 1 out of 8 people in a German town (Gangelt-Heinsberg), NY suburb (New Rochelle) facing the Bronx, and the SF bay area in CA (Santa Clara city and nearby areas in the namesake county). If a place has 1,000 overall cases in 6 weeks, but to find a lot of the 3,300 (Santa Clara), 500 (Gangelt-Heinsberg) and 1,000 (New Rochelle's local maternity ward), the rate of actual asymptomatic infection is 5-85 times more than the current infection record varies by location or how early the first case! Also they're studying the majority of the USS Theodore Roosevelt where the president fired Capt. Crozier for his concerns of the risk of infection spreading to him and others on his naval carrier. Why 1-3% of the 600 out of 4,000 sailors tested positive died or in serious condition, but 91-93% have few or no symptoms. The naval crew were in the best of health, are in their 20s and 30s, and blood type (genetics?) disparities studies on severity and recovery from covid19. No one is immune to a new virus (look at Native Americans widely reduced by 98% by introduced European diseases they never had for 50,000 years), but the way the virus acts to most younger, healthier or certain people...it makes me wonder this is less "SARS or MERS" or more like a "cold/flu" when we know this isn't a cold or flu to begin with. Diseases with a potential risk of death to anyone need to be eradicated.

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 04-20-2020 at 02:28 AM.
Unread 04-25-2020, 02:35 AM

Hi,

I learnt today our stable genius - president has found a preventive cure against covid:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/polit...tic/index.html

Disclaimer: I highly recommend against it. Disinfectant/bleach kills faster than covid, so please do not try this. This post is meant - as a joke.

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Unread 04-25-2020, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Hi,

I learnt today our stable genius - president has found a preventive cure against covid:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/polit...tic/index.html
Disclaimer: I highly recommend against it. Disinfectant/bleach kills faster than covid, so please do not try this. This post is meant - as a joke.
The man is extremely dangerous to the American people today...Getting worse for sure.

Even the White House staff and his aides were shocked and today had to help him backtrack and come up with a few lame excuses for this blunder. There ARE people who will try these things, as Maryland's Governor (R) Hogan, had to have a release not to try them from the Health Dept. to the citizens, as did Lysol & Datrol companies who make disinfectants.

Seems he is getting desperate for attention again, which plays havoc in this country when he is. He didn't take questions from reporters for the very first time today at his daily Covid Briefing. What could he possibly say to defend that? So, he didn't even try.
Unread 04-25-2020, 04:52 AM

I'm learning a lot of people on this forum will support Joe Biden despite his blatant racism and his sexual assault allegations.

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 04-25-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
I'm learning a lot of people on this forum will support Joe Biden despite his blatant racism and his sexual assault allegations.
Never underestimate the power of the matrix. Most people are still fully under the spell of the MSM. Nevertheless, cracks and glitches are appearing everywhere now. Some are actually really hard to ignore (see JB). It's going to be a long and slow deprogramming progress for a lot of people. A lot of the stuff that's showing up in the news now is going to be difficult to process for most people, because it will challenge their entire value system and world view and turn it upside down. It's going to take some time to come to terms with that. I went thru a similar process more than a decade ago. It's not exactly fun. But I did it voluntarily and I had several years to come to terms with what I've learned. Today, people are forced to go thru this process, and in a matter of months, not years. Which means it's going to be intense. So have patience and be nice. We are all in this together and there's no going back.
Dirius (04-25-2020)
Unread 04-25-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Dirius, it appears you're a Trump-supporter, although please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Why does Trump have the support of out-front White-supremacists?

Why are you ignoring the sexual assault allegations against Trump?
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (04-25-2020)
Unread 04-25-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Never underestimate the power of the matrix. Most people are still fully under the spell of the MSM. Nevertheless, cracks and glitches are appearing everywhere now. Some are actually really hard to ignore (see JB). It's going to be a long and slow deprogramming progress for a lot of people. A lot of the stuff that's showing up in the news now is going to be difficult to process for most people, because it will challenge their entire value system and world view and turn it upside down. It's going to take some time to come to terms with that. I went thru a similar process more than a decade ago. It's not exactly fun. But I did it voluntarily and I had several years to come to terms with what I've learned. Today, people are forced to go thru this process, and in a matter of months, not years. Which means it's going to be intense. So have patience and be nice. We are all in this together and there's no going back.
The Mainstream Media got Trump elected in 2016. Let's see if they can manage it in 2020. In 2016, they convinced nearly everyone that there was no way Trump could win, which increased the determination of his followers to prove the Mainstream Media wrong. And, at the same time, this caused many who would have voted against him, to stay home or vote for a 3rd Party candidate, because they were fooled into believing HRC would win with or without their votes. Meanwhile, Mainstream Media gave Trump over a $Billion in free publicity. Not sure how they can do it in 2020.

Last edited by david starling; 04-25-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Unread 04-25-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
Are you saying that aquarius saturn expands remote socialization while reducing in-person socialization? "Social but distant" is how I would describe aquarius.
This is a very interesting topic and I would love more discussion on this to get a better understanding. I follow trad. Astrology when it comes to rulerships and Horary (which i most love to practise), so Saturn is the ruling planet for both Cap and Aquarius for me.

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Unread 04-25-2020, 02:01 PM

When you can't beat them, join them Since most of what you guys seem to be "learning" during Covid, and outside of it, is trump...I will contribute to that obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
Don't you realize he pays himself handsomely? Its just "off the books"....
Besides the huge Tax Cut he gave to himself and his rich friends 2 years ago there is now this, worth millions each:...
And it is he and his cronies that take, take, take. But even during such horribly distressful times when you would think the hardest and most corrupt of people would learn at least an iota of empathy and humanity, the president decides that he will not give a cent out of his trillion dollar package to even legal H1 status people with families, earning below 99k p.a. and some jobless now; DESPITE the govt. having arduously collecting full (not a % less) SS and other taxes from them!!!!!!!! How fair is that?? To anyone here that wants to come back with the argument - well citizens should get first - my retort would be - the citizens did not pay a cent more because they are citizens in terms of taxes than H1 (and H1 often earn much less - because they are considered cheap man power.)

Last edited by aquarius7000; 04-25-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 04-25-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
aquarius7000, once again ”skilled labor” is used as a political football. Hope you’re doing okay.
I am doing well. Just lamenting the highly discriminatory policies of the gov that are not letting others do well. Hope you are doing well though.

Unread 04-25-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by !4C View Post
Are you saying that aquarius saturn expands remote socialization while reducing in-person socialization? "Social but distant" is how I would describe aquarius.
This is a very interesting topic and I would love more discussion on this to get a better understanding. I follow trad. Astrology when it comes to rulerships and Horary (which i most love to practise), so Saturn is the ruling planet for both Cap and Aquarius for me.
I'm thinking that the aquarius side of saturn blocks primative, pre-language social behaviors. Both face masks and internet have a tendency to disable our non-verbal communication skills, which normally benefit from ability to read expressions, situational awareness, and familiarity of others.
The Following User Says Thank You to !4C For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (04-26-2020)
Unread 05-02-2020, 05:51 PM

According to the video by a famous Chef, (he's French so has an accent...the most important part I think is the dire warning, because he works globally to help relief those stricken with food shortages), is that the U.S. is facing a shortage now of meat.

His short video is the 3rd down on this link:

He spoke about the neglect of the President and Congressional leaders to try whatever is deemed necessary NOW, to salvage the meats, eggs, milk produce, to help the people survive during this crisis and perhaps even an upcoming worse time.

The POTUS has the wherewithal to stop this from happening if he would but act. Not with forced labor, but with the waste and plowing under that is going on now on the huge farms. The processing plants I can understand having them manned, but not without the absolute necessity of safeguarding them and their families with testing, testing, testing, every day, every week, and the proper clothing that the infectious disease experts demand of them to successfully work there now.

Jose Andes, celebrity chef who helped feed Puerto Rico during the hurricanes that devastated them with his group organizational skills, speaks out about the USA and upcoming crisis growing:

3rd video scroll down:

https://time.com/5830178/meat-shorta...wsletter-brief

Are there meat shortages? How long will the shortages last?

In the coming weeks, grocery stores may have a smaller variety of meat, and less meat overall.
Quote:
Glynn Tonsor, a professor at Kansas State University’s department of agricultural economics, says that whether or not you find meat on your next shopping trip could come down to timing — whether “you come in five minutes after the truck was unloaded, so to speak, verses 12 hours after it was unloaded,” he says.
Unread 05-02-2020, 07:39 PM

Personally, I sincerely hope one very important thing people learn from Covid is how utterly cruel and primitive it is to encourage slaughtering of a living being so one can feast on it.

We don't like being locked inside our four walls despite all the comfort and tech around us, but we are absolutely devoid of any spiritual maturity and conscientious action when we (even if indirectly) allow 100s of living, innocent animals to be packed like many bees in a single hive (though they have the freedom to fly away)... not knowing that they will mercilessly be butchered alive. How evolved we humans are!!!

I know this is not something people like to hear, but it IS the truth and needs to be repeatedly 'dished' out !!!

Unread 05-02-2020, 07:54 PM

I stopped eating poultry and red meat because it was so obviously detrimental to my immune system. I'm guessing that when people are unable to continue their meat-addiction due to shortages, it will help to lower the death rate from the current pandemic.

Since then (this was about 40 years ago), I've come to see the cruelty involved in animal slaughter.

Last edited by david starling; 05-02-2020 at 07:56 PM.
Unread 05-02-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I stopped eating poultry and red meat because it was so obviously detrimental to my immune system. I'm guessing that when people are unable to continue their meat-addiction due to shortages, it will help to lower the death rate from the current pandemic.
Commendable... even if only for the sake of one's own health that one stops eating... it still benefits the animals, the ecosystem and the person himself.

I absolutely believe that COVID is happening due to a bigger purpose and to affect this earth (all of earth's inhabitants- flora, fauna, the various layers of the atmosphere, etc...) on many different levels.

The way the earth is now... so pure and free of the burden we put her in when we are let loose... is what should be the reality and normalcy of things. I always of think that when I hear on the telly and in my social circle... "can't wait for things to get back to 'normal'(!)".

Thing is that we have veered off so far away from reality that illusion and this poisonous web we ourselves have built and have let ourselves get strangled in has become our definition of reality and normalcy, such that the real deal seems abnormal or la la land to us today. Have we truly evolved as human beings or just moved ahead on a purely materialistic level?

The way the tech advanced and so-called educated West is suffering from Covid most - is the answer itself. Yes, yes, it is due to a handful of people or due to this and that... fact of the matter is... COVID has shown that high literacy rates are not necessarily a reflection of educated minds, tech advancement is not progress, rich people do not necessarily have better immune systems or are not healthier (they might be able to afford better quality food because devious minds have created different qualities of food to bring in more profit on various levels - the organic(!) line of hogwash. We live in our self-woven cocoons of self-conceited and self-pleasing deception.

Last edited by aquarius7000; 05-02-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Unread 05-02-2020, 08:22 PM

Some people, even children in this world are meat eaters and carnivorous.

Its a inbred human trait, and people are ALL different.

Its more important (says the old testament), to allow humanity to devour the animal for his sustenance, IF indeed, that is what God wanted, so be it.
He or It, didn't advise, "go out and beat the living **** out of an animal THEN consume it" that I"maware of

Genesis 9:3 ESV /

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything"

Otherwise, we'd all be on feeding off the grasses with no worry.

Meanwhile, at least feed the children what they crave for their growing bodies -

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...mans-need-meat

Quote:
Meat Hunger and Nutritional Deficiency
We can assume that meat was an important component of the diet right up to the Agricultural Revolution when people began to rely heavily on a small number of cereal crops, such as wheat and rice.
The immediate consequence of this dietary shift was a decline in health and life expectancy. Early agriculturalists were shorter in stature and had lower life expectancy compared with their forager ancestors (2). It seems likely that their health problems were caused more by a decline in nutritional variety than by the loss of meat per se.
There is an ongoing controversy about the adequacy of vegetarian diets. Although vegans—who avoid meat, eggs, and fish—are at risk of nutritional deficiency problems, most experts agree that a wise choice of foods can ameliorate the problems. So, lack of calcium can be addressed by eating collard greens, or tofu, for instance. A scarcity of vitamin B12 can cause anemia and nerve damage but is easily addressed by taking supplements.

I don't have livestock in my home I love abundantly, and would prefer to take care of children first although I'd NEVER condone harming an animal purposefully other then for food and the care of humanity.

Talk to the farmers about the need for more compassionate farming of their livestock & animals likewise, the slaughter of them for consumption.

There is something to be said about that for sure. Chickens as well, more humanity is needed! Even in the henhouse