Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 09-25-2020, 11:43 PM

Re: Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

#stable genius

Unread 09-26-2020, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Exactly way bread. Why should people have to live with logical fallacies and such thoughts, when a brain chip can help alleviate it due to its highly capable processing abilities?

Also I think it’s definitely an age thing. You’re one in a million, you do know that right?

Many older generations fall for scams due to the lack of online literacy that the younger generations have because didn't grow up with it. You’ll find many, many stories of older people being scammed from their retirement because of a nice guy who is actually a scammer from africa or india using a fake profile. And this is surprisingly common and a good business for scammers, otherwise there wouldn’t be millions of them trying to make a living off of it.

As for checking a few boxes on a website or devices, I don’t think they actually follow through it. There are still many loopholes and ways to gather your information, even your ISP does it. These privacy agreements are very barebones, and the bare minimum.

Also do you not see the equivalents of being on phones (Android phones are basically information sucking devices that send your info to the Chinese govt regardless of privacy agreements) as being just external chips that’s always on you?
Bunraku, if you want a microchip in your brain, I can't stop you. I recommend the "logical thinking" microchip.

Because now you're into "two wrongs make a right" territory. People give up X amount of their privacy to get the goodies they want from a given Internet site, thereby relinquishing any claim on any future privacy concerns? I get that there is a monetary value on my data, but since I live in a rural area with few opportunities to just go spend money somewhere (esp. during CV-19,) with two ad blockers, a good spam filter, &c, there are limits as to how many targeted ads I ever even see.

You've also got a fallacy ad populum: that just because a lot of people do something, it must be the right thing to do. [This is like the old question: "If you were a lemming and all the other lemmings are jumping off a cliff, would you do that, too?"]

Are you familiar with the expression "sheeple"?

Sorry, but a lot of scams targeting seniors are done by telephone or mail. It's not because seniors are Internet-illiterate, it's because they don't smell a rat.

Moreover, I can't tell you how many OPs I've seen by younger women who think they're in love with someone they've only "met" on the Internet. They don't stop to think that this guy is probably not who he claims to be. Sometimes he lives in another country so she wonders when they will meet. How vulnerable and naÔve is that? I could argue that lonely young women desperate to be in a relationship are more vulnerable than seniors are.

I don't know about you, but I got on the Internet via email for my work in 1993. Today I use it extensively, just not social media. I know very few seniors who are not connected, either because their work required it back-when; or to keep in touch with friends and family. Think about the dates when banking went on-line to get some idea.

Watch out for ageism, Bunraku. It is a form of prejudice.

Thank God, I'm an Aquarian. I can think for myself, thank you very much.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-26-2020, 03:26 AM

Smile Re: Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

Quote:
Like President Trump. His path was upwards and and became the most powerful person in the world. He is very high in the evolutionary scale.
He's the embodiment of the 7 deadly sins!

Not surprising then, that his presidency coincides with a deadly plague.
Unread 09-26-2020, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Like President Trump. His path was upwards and and became the most powerful person in the world. He is very high in the evolutionary scale.
Bunraku, now I think you're just pulling our legs. I suspected as much. You're just running a little line of jokes. For what purpose, I cannot imagine.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-26-2020, 04:10 AM

Smile Re: Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
#stable genius
Person/Woman/Man/Camera/T.V.!
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:09 AM

Bankruptcies/Divorces/Payoffs/Impeachment/Losers
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Bunraku, now I think you're just pulling our legs. I suspected as much. You're just running a little line of jokes. For what purpose, I cannot imagine.
Waybread are you going to tell me a person who won the hearts of many Americans and became the most powerful person NOT blessed karmically? He saved this country.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Bunraku, if you want a microchip in your brain, I can't stop you. I recommend the "logical thinking" microchip.

Because now you're into "two wrongs make a right" territory. People give up X amount of their privacy to get the goodies they want from a given Internet site, thereby relinquishing any claim on any future privacy concerns? I get that there is a monetary value on my data, but since I live in a rural area with few opportunities to just go spend money somewhere (esp. during CV-19,) with two ad blockers, a good spam filter, &c, there are limits as to how many targeted ads I ever even see.

You've also got a fallacy ad populum: that just because a lot of people do something, it must be the right thing to do. [This is like the old question: "If you were a lemming and all the other lemmings are jumping off a cliff, would you do that, too?"]

Are you familiar with the expression "sheeple"?

Sorry, but a lot of scams targeting seniors are done by telephone or mail. It's not because seniors are Internet-illiterate, it's because they don't smell a rat.

Moreover, I can't tell you how many OPs I've seen by younger women who think they're in love with someone they've only "met" on the Internet. They don't stop to think that this guy is probably not who he claims to be. Sometimes he lives in another country so she wonders when they will meet. How vulnerable and naÔve is that? I could argue that lonely young women desperate to be in a relationship are more vulnerable than seniors are.

I don't know about you, but I got on the Internet via email for my work in 1993. Today I use it extensively, just not social media. I know very few seniors who are not connected, either because their work required it back-when; or to keep in touch with friends and family. Think about the dates when banking went on-line to get some idea.

Watch out for ageism, Bunraku. It is a form of prejudice.

Thank God, I'm an Aquarian. I can think for myself, thank you very much.
It doesnít matter if Iím right or wrong, itís reality: your privacy is gone. no amount of tiny agreement sections or as blockers will help. Either you use VPN, Tor browser or a mixture of various security tools to fully enjoy privacy. These things are usually what people use if theyíre into illegal activities, though.

You can think you have privacy all you want, but you donít. Why do you desperately cling on to the past?

As for the population thing, itís just culture itís the future

You know when WiFi came out people kept saying ooh itís the devil itís gonna kill us all with its waves. Same thing with 5g.

Your room and gloom and wanting to turn things into a catastrophe is hindering you from achieving your true potential. Accept it and live your life.

Quote:
I get that there is but since I live in a rural area with few opportunities to just go spend money somewhere (esp. during CV-19,) with two ad blockers, a good spam filter, &c, there are limits as to how many targeted ads I ever even see.
This means nothing. Privacy and security breaches and leaks happen everywhere, not just your personalized settings. A lot of information such as SSN bank information etc. gets leaked in various places.
Algorithms designed to sap information are far more hidden and insidious.

Last edited by Bunraku; 09-26-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Waybread are you going to tell me a person who won the hearts of many Americans and became the most powerful person NOT blessed karmically? He saved this country.
He's RUINING it. Things were steadily improving economically BEFORE he was elected, and would have continued doing so regardless of who was President.

Last edited by david starling; 09-26-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
He's RUINING it. Things were steadily improving economically BEFORE he was elected, and would have continued doing so regardless of who was President.
COVID literally happened. Itís not his fault, unless you think that highly of him to the point he can stop covid.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
COVID literally happened. Itís not his fault, unless you think that highly of him to the point he can stop covid.
What's your take on why this pandemic started in the first place? Pure happenstance, or deliberate? Not sure about it myself.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
What's your take on why this pandemic started in the first place? Pure happenstance, or deliberate? Not sure about it myself.
What do you mean?
Typical it would come out of Chinaís wet market. Ebola started out the same, with bat meat.

I donít think Trump or anyone couldíve done anything about it. China has severe issues with cleanliness and sanitation, all for a cheap buck.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
What do you mean?
Typical it would come out of Chinaís wet market. Ebola started out the same, with bat meat.

I donít think Trump or anyone couldíve done anything about it. China has severe issues with cleanliness and sanitation, all for a cheap buck.
So, you don't believe masking and distancing from the beginning would have helped?
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:51 AM

Musk was against California's attempts to slow the spread.
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
So, you don't believe masking and distancing from the beginning would have helped?
With the way the Chinese handled itóprobably not because they hid it and it spread everywhere during the holiday seasons. People who are tasked or involved with the handling of it just want their paycheck and to protect their own assets while leaving min wage workers to face it. It was doomed from the beginning. The CDC kept saying some very weird information that didnít even make sense. Definitely not Trumps fault.

I think no one will ever be prepared for large scale disasters. How many years as it been since the last pandemic? People donít remember how to deal with it. Resources are always stretched thin in any sort of disaster situation. Unless you want to spend a lot of resources stockpiling, and thatís when people say the government is hoarding supplies. Damned if you do damned if you donít. No fault of Trump

Anyways As I support science I do wear masks. Amazon sells plenty of cute patterns.

Last edited by Bunraku; 09-26-2020 at 07:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-26-2020)
Unread 09-26-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Musk was against California's attempts to slow the spread.
Some people view that deliberately infecting people with it will quickly end the pandemic.
Unread 09-26-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Some people view that deliberately infecting people with it will quickly end the pandemic.
That's crazy-talk! Unless you mean vaccinations. I'm going to wait and see regarding the vaccines.
Unread 09-26-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
That's crazy-talk! Unless you mean vaccinations. I'm going to wait and see regarding the vaccines.
Did you sign up for the trials? Iím excited
Unread 09-26-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Did you sign up for the trials? Iím excited
There's a Sign-up?
Unread 09-26-2020, 11:25 AM

You heard it here first!

Both Trump and Musk are extraterrestrial Aliens, and that makes them immune from Covid-19.

The "vaccinations" will implant invasive Alien DNA into the human body, which will become dominant and create a new race of Covid-immune hybrids.

Last edited by david starling; 09-26-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Unread 09-26-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Yes. I am going to tell you that.

Donald Trump has not saved the country. Just the opposite.

He has severe personal problems, like his inability to tell the truth on any consistent basis.

I don't believe in karmic blessings-- or curses.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 09-26-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
It doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong, it’s reality: your privacy is gone. no amount of tiny agreement sections or as blockers will help. Either you use VPN, Tor browser or a mixture of various security tools to fully enjoy privacy. These things are usually what people use if they’re into illegal activities, though.

You can think you have privacy all you want, but you don’t. Why do you desperately cling on to the past?

As for the population thing, it’s just culture it’s the future

You know when WiFi came out people kept saying ooh it’s the devil it’s gonna kill us all with its waves. Same thing with 5g.

Your room and gloom and wanting to turn things into a catastrophe is hindering you from achieving your true potential. Accept it and live your life.

This means nothing. Privacy and security breaches and leaks happen everywhere, not just your personalized settings. A lot of information such as SSN bank information etc. gets leaked in various places.
Algorithms designed to sap information are far more hidden and insidious.
I do not inhabit your amoral universe.

Please check your ageism. It is totally biased.

How old are you, Bunraku?

What "population thing"? Where did I mention WiFi or 5G?

You're confusing me with somebody else, yet again.

Oh, I get it. Anyone who disagrees with your embrace of a highly speculative technology must therefore believe in every conspiracy theory going???? And you're confusing me with those people???

Please explain in what way my privacy is gone such that it affects my everyday life-- about which you know next to nothing, incidentally.

In the past when banks operated with paper records, any bank official could access their customers' records by going to the file cabinet. We've heard about the olden days of telephone operators listening in on people's phone calls. Privacy breaches are not new, Bunraku. Just illegal in many cases.

What "doom and gloom"? Questioning the impact of one highly speculative technology is not synonymous with living a life filled with doom and gloom. Does not compute.

However, thanks to your extraordinary posts, I'm beginning to wonder if Elon Musk could develop a logical thinking microchip for you.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Last edited by waybread; 09-26-2020 at 11:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-27-2020)
Unread 09-26-2020, 11:18 PM

Donald Trump did not cause Covid-19 but he totally bungled the US response to it, with thousands of lives and sick people as a result.

Just as a basis of comparison, look at Canada's rates of CV-19. Adjusting for the population difference (Canada's population is about 11% of the US) Canadian rates of infection and death are significantly lower.

Canada: 148K cases, 9,242 deaths as of today. CAN population: 37.59 million.

USA: 7,284, 383 cases, 209, 155 deaths as of today. USA population: 328.2 million.

To pro-rate these figures using a quick-and-dirty 10% population figure for Canada/USA, Canada would have 728.4K cases instead of 148K, and 20.9K deaths instead of just over 9 thousand, if Canada had Donald Trump's level of health care non-solutions.

Why" Because Canadians take this stuff more seriously than Donald Trump and his fans have done. Canada also has a national/provincial health care system, that includes everyone.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 09-26-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
With the way the Chinese handled itóprobably not because they hid it and it spread everywhere during the holiday seasons. People who are tasked or involved with the handling of it just want their paycheck and to protect their own assets while leaving min wage workers to face it. It was doomed from the beginning. The CDC kept saying some very weird information that didnít even make sense. Definitely not Trumps fault.

I think no one will ever be prepared for large scale disasters. How many years as it been since the last pandemic? People donít remember how to deal with it. Resources are always stretched thin in any sort of disaster situation. Unless you want to spend a lot of resources stockpiling, and thatís when people say the government is hoarding supplies. Damned if you do damned if you donít. No fault of Trump

Anyways As I support science I do wear masks. Amazon sells plenty of cute patterns.
Actually the US under President Obama did have protocols and stockpiles in place to deal with a pandemic, which medical scientists fully predicted could happen. Donald Trump simply downplayed the pandemic so that he wouldn't look bad.

He looks bad now, though.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...icials-confirm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...demic-response

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 09-26-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Donald Trump simply downplayed the pandemic so that he wouldn't look bad.
I wonder why he did that though. He did not cause the pandemic, he should not have to fear that people would think that it is his fault.