Does Neptune be in the 8th house to show that the partner will easily abuse them?

Osamenor

Staff member
Vulnerability to partner abuse has nothing to do with which house Neptune is in. I'd look at Pluto for that, not Neptune, but even then, house placement isn't so relevant, unless it's in the seventh house. If Pluto is in the seventh or on the DC, the native has to deal with power in relationships, probably to the extreme. They might tend to give their power away to a partner, or to take power over a partner. They might be strongly attracted to people who radiate power--or powerlessness. Because Pluto is such extreme power, that could be a setup for abusive relationships. The native might be the abused, or might be the abuser. However, they also have the option of developing a healthier relationship to power. In that case, there might still be a significant power dynamic in their relationships, but not an abusive one.

If Pluto is not in the seventh house, its placement doesn't give it such a strong say over the relationship arena, but its aspects might. If Pluto aspects Venus or the seventh house ruler, especially by conjunction, square, or opposition, and especially if it's a tight aspect, we may be seeing a similar pattern to Pluto on the DC.

If Neptune is in that position--either in the seventh house/DC, or in strong aspect to Venus or the DC ruler--it doesn't speak to any particular tendency to abusive relationships, but the native might tend to idealize their partner(s), more so than average. If they do get into an abusive relationship, their reasons for either tolerating abuse or dishing it out (again, they might just as easily be the victim or the victimizer) would likely have to do with that Neptunian tendency.

If they have an abusive partner, they idealize their partner and live for the honeymoon periods between rounds of abuse. Chances are they'll ignore the red flags early in the relationship, and be extremely reluctant to leave later on in it. If they're the abuser, they're likely motivated by a desire to make their partner conform to their idealized vision of him/her.

It sounds like you're talking about a specific person's chart. There are only two time windows when they could have been born, for all the sign placements you describe to exist in their chart: April/May of 1999, or January/February of 2001. If it's the first, they could have a tight t-square involving those three planets. If it's the second, the orbs wouldn't fit. By 2001, Saturn was in late Taurus but Neptune still in early Aquarius. Either way, we're talking about a young person. Unless they're currently in an abusive relationship, it doesn't make sense to worry about that. Birth charts show potential, but not every potential manifests. But if they are in an abusive relationship, the chart would show what's driving them to be in it.

Last edited:

Sagittarius Jupiter

Hi Sc

we need more than that placement for comparison of a natal chart

different values, and prevalent motives, etc. etc.

Psychic

do you want to post birth charts? :biggrin:

Lin

Please post the natal chart with that configuration in it. And yes, Neptune in the 8th could mean that the person is blind (at first) to the fact that the other person may be abusive. We think of abuse as something that is obvious from the beginning.
And it might be. But the person with Neptune in one of the marriage houses (7 or 9) may not be vigilant about this issue. They may make excuses at first (for the other person's abusive ways, esp. verbal abuse). If the other person has had a bad day or a bad week or a bad financial situation we may may that excuse for them.

But abuse is usually something "handed down" from parents to children. And if a person is abusive it's probable that they learned this from the dynamics in their home.

If we fall in love with someone we can try to "live with it" - because we are in "love." AND we assume that the person can change.
However: abusers don't change.

Neptune in the 8th is very problematic at it can also mean deception in the relationship. OR not being fully truthful about the past. OR a number of other issues that are hidden at first which Neptune keeps us from seeing the truth and sometimes even keeps us from WANTiNG to see the truth.

The square to Mars represents issues with men or issues with asserting yourself or dealing with your own desires, needs and creativity.

The square to Saturn means that there is a "war" between the "titans" - Neptune and Saturn. Saturn wants structure and truth and strength. Neptune is the deceiver.

So....not great for relationships.

And if Saturn actually OPPOSES Mars then you have to make a conscious decision of whether you want to have drama in your life even if it means not having a future of a safe, structured, future where you can have a permanent, traditional family, - because you can't have children if you are in an abusive relationship. The abuser will abuse the children too.

I have given you a partial answer - as I have not actually seen the chart. There might be other energies which can modify the negativity of the squares. But I would have to see it.
LIN

Scherzy

Please post the natal chart with that configuration in it. And yes, Neptune in the 8th could mean that the person is blind (at first) to the fact that the other person may be abusive. We think of abuse as something that is obvious from the beginning.
And it might be. But the person with Neptune in one of the marriage houses (7 or 9) may not be vigilant about this issue. They may make excuses at first (for the other person's abusive ways, esp. verbal abuse). If the other person has had a bad day or a bad week or a bad financial situation we may may that excuse for them.

But abuse is usually something "handed down" from parents to children. And if a person is abusive it's probable that they learned this from the dynamics in their home.

If we fall in love with someone we can try to "live with it" - because we are in "love." AND we assume that the person can change.
However: abusers don't change.

Neptune in the 8th is very problematic at it can also mean deception in the relationship. OR not being fully truthful about the past. OR a number of other issues that are hidden at first which Neptune keeps us from seeing the truth and sometimes even keeps us from WANTiNG to see the truth.

The square to Mars represents issues with men or issues with asserting yourself or dealing with your own desires, needs and creativity.

The square to Saturn means that there is a "war" between the "titans" - Neptune and Saturn. Saturn wants structure and truth and strength. Neptune is the deceiver.

So....not great for relationships.

And if Saturn actually OPPOSES Mars then you have to make a conscious decision of whether you want to have drama in your life even if it means not having a future of a safe, structured, future where you can have a permanent, traditional family, - because you can't have children if you are in an abusive relationship. The abuser will abuse the children too.

I have given you a partial answer - as I have not actually seen the chart. There might be other energies which can modify the negativity of the squares. But I would have to see it.
LIN
I have attached the chart

Scherzy

here is my chart

Attachments

• job.jpg
    job.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 30

Osamenor

Staff member
here is my chart

Sure enough, you have highly relevant Pluto aspects. Pluto conjunct Juno, the partnership asteroid--that's rather similar to Pluto conjunct Venus. And trine Jupiter, your DC ruler, while Pluto itself is in your seventh house whole sign (though sixth Placidus). And trine your sun, too.

If you've experienced partner abuse, that says something about your relationship to Pluto - power. Chances are you draw people into your life who reflect your shadow side. Relationships are shadow work for you. If you're not conscious about it, that's a set up for being in an abusive relationship.

And maybe there's an extra strong emotional attachment to your partner(s), or even just to the idea of being in a relationship, with your moon on the DC. If that's the case, you might be inclined to rush into a relationship and/or hold onto it at all costs, so as not to have to be single. If the relationship is with someone who's abusive, that would result in you ignoring the red flags at the early stage and then not wanting to leave after the abuse surfaces.

Scherzy

Sure enough, you have highly relevant Pluto aspects. Pluto conjunct Juno, the partnership asteroid--that's rather similar to Pluto conjunct Venus. And trine Jupiter, your DC ruler, while Pluto itself is in your seventh house whole sign (though sixth Placidus). And trine your sun, too.

If you've experienced partner abuse, that says something about your relationship to Pluto - power. Chances are you draw people into your life who reflect your shadow side. Relationships are shadow work for you. If you're not conscious about it, that's a set up for being in an abusive relationship.

And maybe there's an extra strong emotional attachment to your partner(s), or even just to the idea of being in a relationship, with your moon on the DC. If that's the case, you might be inclined to rush into a relationship and/or hold onto it at all costs, so as not to have to be single. If the relationship is with someone who's abusive, that would result in you ignoring the red flags at the early stage and then not wanting to leave after the abuse surfaces.
Thank you :)
and I have neptune in 8th square saturn means poor spouse?

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you :)
and I have neptune in 8th square saturn means poor spouse?

Do you mean poor as in the opposite of rich? Or poor as in they're not a good spouse?

Assuming you mean financially, I don't think your eighth house has anything to do with whether your spouse is rich or poor or anything in between. How strong your eighth house is, compared to your second house, might indicate whether you prosper more through your own individual efforts (second house) or through shared, inherited, or other people's resources (eighth).

If the eighth house is stronger, maybe your spouse is your main source of financial support. Maybe you benefit greatly from inherited wealth. Or maybe you earn your own living, but the way you earn it is strongly dependent on other people's money. That could be a job that's funded by grants, or a government job funded by tax money, or a sales job that pays commission only, or a fundraising job in which you have to secure the funding for your own salary. If you spend much of your life studying, and you pay your living expenses through student allowances (if you live in a country that has them), that would also be eighth house.

If your second house is stronger, you're more likely to need to make your own income than be able to depend on other people's. In that kind of case, maybe you make more money than your spouse. Maybe you're the one who supports them. Or, if you and your spouse work together, maybe you're the one who handles the financial side. You probably wouldn't profit much from inheritance, or if you did inherit money, your earnings would still be greater than anything you inherit.

In your case, your second house is ruled by an angular moon. That looks very good for your finances and your ability to make your own living. But, since the moon is on the DC, that might speak to getting some help from a spouse/partner. Maybe they support you financially at a certain time in your life. Maybe you share a business with them. Or, the DC could indicate having one or more business partners, or making a living in a field where you would work one-on-one with clients. You've mentioned wanting to be a lawyer. That could be that kind of field.

Neptune doesn't rule your second house or your eighth, and it's so close to the cusp of your ninth house that it arguably has more say over ninth house matters than eighth house ones. It doesn't rule any house, in fact, since you have Pisces intercepted. I don't see Neptune having any particular impact on your finances, or, if you marry, your spouse's.

Scherzy

Do you mean poor as in the opposite of rich? Or poor as in they're not a good spouse?

Assuming you mean financially, I don't think your eighth house has anything to do with whether your spouse is rich or poor or anything in between. How strong your eighth house is, compared to your second house, might indicate whether you prosper more through your own individual efforts (second house) or through shared, inherited, or other people's resources (eighth).

If the eighth house is stronger, maybe your spouse is your main source of financial support. Maybe you benefit greatly from inherited wealth. Or maybe you earn your own living, but the way you earn it is strongly dependent on other people's money. That could be a job that's funded by grants, or a government job funded by tax money, or a sales job that pays commission only, or a fundraising job in which you have to secure the funding for your own salary. If you spend much of your life studying, and you pay your living expenses through student allowances (if you live in a country that has them), that would also be eighth house.

If your second house is stronger, you're more likely to need to make your own income than be able to depend on other people's. In that kind of case, maybe you make more money than your spouse. Maybe you're the one who supports them. Or, if you and your spouse work together, maybe you're the one who handles the financial side. You probably wouldn't profit much from inheritance, or if you did inherit money, your earnings would still be greater than anything you inherit.

In your case, your second house is ruled by an angular moon. That looks very good for your finances and your ability to make your own living. But, since the moon is on the DC, that might speak to getting some help from a spouse/partner. Maybe they support you financially at a certain time in your life. Maybe you share a business with them. Or, the DC could indicate having one or more business partners, or making a living in a field where you would work one-on-one with clients. You've mentioned wanting to be a lawyer. That could be that kind of field.

Neptune doesn't rule your second house or your eighth, and it's so close to the cusp of your ninth house that it arguably has more say over ninth house matters than eighth house ones. It doesn't rule any house, in fact, since you have Pisces intercepted. I don't see Neptune having any particular impact on your finances, or, if you marry, your spouse's.
Thank you,It was all helpful comment.Now I understand better.

So we should be more interested in Saturn.
Is my 2nd home stronger than my 8th?
I don't want my partner to earn less money for me, since I don't gain so well :)

Osamenor

Staff member
Is my 2nd home stronger than my 8th?
I'd say they're both more or less equally strong. Your Saturn isn't angular, but it is decently placed by sign and house. If we take it to mean anything about your spouse's finances, I would expect his income to be steady (Taurus), maybe because he's very conscientious about earning and saving. The eleventh house placement suggests, maybe, good long term planning, or income that isn't necessarily high to begin with but increases over the long term, or income gained through group endeavors.

The eleventh house also indicates your own income from your career, because it's the second house from the tenth. I've gathered that you're currently a student. Possibly, when you get a career going, this Saturn/eleventh house placement will describe your income. Whether you marry or not, you can do well enough financially if you manage your income in a Taurean way--conscientiously, with prudent investments and saving.
I don't want my partner to earn less money for me, since I don't gain so well :)
If you haven't started your career yet, how do you know how well you really earn?

The DC placement of your second house ruler does suggest income that either comes from a spouse/partner, or that the two of you make together. Maybe you'll start a business with your spouse. Maybe, if you go ahead with your plan to become a lawyer, you'll marry a fellow lawyer, and have a practice together. That would fulfill both your second and your eighth house at once.

Scherzy

I'd say they're both more or less equally strong. Your Saturn isn't angular, but it is decently placed by sign and house. If we take it to mean anything about your spouse's finances, I would expect his income to be steady (Taurus), maybe because he's very conscientious about earning and saving. The eleventh house placement suggests, maybe, good long term planning, or income that isn't necessarily high to begin with but increases over the long term, or income gained through group endeavors.

The eleventh house also indicates your own income from your career, because it's the second house from the tenth. I've gathered that you're currently a student. Possibly, when you get a career going, this Saturn/eleventh house placement will describe your income. Whether you marry or not, you can do well enough financially if you manage your income in a Taurean way--conscientiously, with prudent investments and saving.
If you haven't started your career yet, how do you know how well you really earn?

The DC placement of your second house ruler does suggest income that either comes from a spouse/partner, or that the two of you make together. Maybe you'll start a business with your spouse. Maybe, if you go ahead with your plan to become a lawyer, you'll marry a fellow lawyer, and have a practice together. That would fulfill both your second and your eighth house at once.
Thank you:)