Chiron in the 8th

Saturnian

I've read that it is a good placement to heal others,but also bad cause my Chiron is in Virgo and it is said that they cannot heal themselves.Also it's R.

Chiron in Virgo R(in the 8th house)

Tamara

what do you mean under healing? physical or psychological healing? i`ve got chiron in the 8th house and i do it everytime (psychology is my profession). well, about virgo don`t know what to say...

midnight sun

I have Chiron in 8th, too but it's in Gemini. As a result, I was helping people online in a psychology forum for 3 years.

Don't believe in negative comments, Chiron in Virgo is great for healing I think. Virgo knows body well and in 8th house, it will probably knows how the psychology works. Like Moon in Virgo does about emotions, in 8th house Virgo can examine the unknown of mind in details and can have fun of exploring it. After exploring and knowing yourself well, it's time to tell about this to others and heal them.

Saturnian

Are you aware that some astrologers consider Virgo to be the sign of Chiron's "rulership"?

Arian Maverick
I've heard that,but it's not sure yet.

I have Chiron in 8th, too but it's in Gemini. As a result, I was helping people online in a psychology forum for 3 years.

Don't believe in negative comments, Chiron in Virgo is great for healing I think. Virgo knows body well and in 8th house, it will probably knows how the psychology works. Like Moon in Virgo does about emotions, in 8th house Virgo can examine the unknown of mind in details and can have fun of exploring it. After exploring and knowing yourself well, it's time to tell about this to others and heal them.
I actually do that a lot.

But what about Chiron R?

R4VEN

But what about Chiron R?
Any planet (or planetoid) in Rx adds depth and introspection.
Those with Chiron Rx are said to have an innate ability for helping/healing others, and in so doing they work towards healing themselves.

That's 3 ticks (checks??) for you, Saturnian - Chiron is in Virgo, and 8th house, and retrograde, so you have an ability to unconsiously, and consciously if you wish, see the inner workings of any situation with a view towards working it out, or understanding it.

Claire19

Hi there I also have Chiron in the 8th and I think wherever it may be it is for healing others and not one self. THis is the myth as I understand it.
I dont have any aspects except to the north node and dont know if it counts.

Saturnian

Any planet (or planetoid) in Rx adds depth and introspection.
Those with Chiron Rx are said to have an innate ability for helping/healing others, and in so doing they work towards healing themselves.

That's 3 ticks (checks??) for you, Saturnian - Chiron is in Virgo, and 8th house, and retrograde, so you have an ability to unconsiously, and consciously if you wish, see the inner workings of any situation with a view towards working it out, or understanding it.
I thought Retrograde would make things difficult,but I am glad it is somewhat positive.
I also have it aspected.

Chiron trine Sun
Chiron trine Mercury
Chiron trine Venus
Chiron trine Mars
Chiron sextile Jupiter
Chiron trine Asc

Chiron bi-quintile Uranus(if it's important)

cjblackm

Also have Chiron in 8th in Cancer conjunct Moon, Sun, and Vertex. I have found I feel best when creating an environment of trust and safety so that other people can open up and tell me what is wrong. As a matter of fact, due to circumstances unknown (or not topic appropriate for this section) there for a while I wasn't getting many people talking to me about their issues I felt out of place and slightly empty because of it.

I have many aspects to Chiron in the 8th, as well as a stellium in the 8th.
But how would you interpret a Chiron in 8th conjunct with what was mentioned above? I have always very easily felt for people. Literally would be too embarrassed (still am a bit) to watch American Idol or other shows of that nature because of the fear I felt for them. I also have a tendency to absorb other people's emotions,which I don't think is a Chiron ordeal. But considering Chiron, Moon, Sun, and Vertex. It can be difficult to disentangle at times.

Attachments

• astro_2gr_02_courtney_hp.84039.28830.jpg
    astro_2gr_02_courtney_hp.84039.28830.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 24

R4VEN

I also have a tendency to absorb other people's emotions,which I don't think is a Chiron ordeal. But considering Chiron, Moon, Sun, and Vertex. It can be difficult to disentangle at times.
The absorbing of the emotions of others is your Neptune opposition Sun, plus your Moon in Cancer in the 8th house. Moon in Cancer is sensitive no matter where it is, but in the 8th house it's like a channel to every other dimension there is, including the thoughts and feelings of other people. Your 8th house planets render you very sensitive to rage and sexual drives - usually of others - as well as the `other side', and the spirit world in general. I hope that you engage in some regular self-protection practices.

Firstly, an 8th house Chiron gives you experiences around having to transform your life totally during your lifetime. It is hugely transformational, and such transformations come through a connection/interest in some or all of the following:

• the process of death; what happens after death
  • is it possible to live on very little income?
  • sexual matters - including the unusual or perverse
  • the process of loss and letting go.
That sounds rather grim, I know, but Chiron aspects and placements are not easily seen or felt, as those of your ASC, or Sun, Moon and Mars placements. Think of Chiron's work as being a bit like your virus protection on your computer, working quietly and silently in the background, but always working.

The conjunctions to Sun and Moon - all in Cancer - will increase your levels of sensitivity, as well as your drive to know yourself better. You may also have a very private sense of there being a `destiny' for you in your life. You will know what this means as your life continues.

cjblackm

The absorbing of the emotions of others is your Neptune opposition Sun, plus your Moon in Cancer in the 8th house. Moon in Cancer is sensitive no matter where it is, but in the 8th house it's like a channel to every other dimension there is, including the thoughts and feelings of other people. Your 8th house planets render you very sensitive to rage and sexual drives - usually of others - as well as the `other side', and the spirit world in general. I hope that you engage in some regular self-protection practices.

Firstly, an 8th house Chiron gives you experiences around having to transform your life totally during your lifetime. It is hugely transformational, and such transformations come through a connection/interest in some or all of the following:

• the process of death; what happens after death
  • is it possible to live on very little income?
  • sexual matters - including the unusual or perverse
  • the process of loss and letting go.
That sounds rather grim, I know, but Chiron aspects and placements are not easily seen or felt, as those of your ASC, or Sun, Moon and Mars placements. Think of Chiron's work as being a bit like your virus protection on your computer, working quietly and silently in the background, but always working.

The conjunctions to Sun and Moon - all in Cancer - will increase your levels of sensitivity, as well as your drive to know yourself better. You may also have a very private sense of there being a `destiny' for you in your life. You will know what this means as your life continues.

First off, I really appreciate your reply to my request. In regards to self protection practices I am currently seeing a shaman that does yohti healing I began cleansing around Easter and have continued sense, emerging a brighter individual in the process. We have performed exorcisms, done karmic ceremonies, the whole bit. I periodically become haunted in a sense but not sense I've been seeing my shaman. Nothing ever really reoccurring, it's more like a tv with the picture coming on briefly then returning to static- because the images and news is generally so terrifying/awful to look at, sometimes I ignore that "tv".

I understand what you are saying about feeling destined, felt that way since I was young, but in a good way, as if I were very special for something. Exactly what that is I am still unsure. After a degree in neuroscience and having a life passion for performing I've decided I will open a research facility for neurological health once I am more financially established but that about it.

The dealing with death and sex seem to have been more prominent in adolescence than anything although death of a psychological and metaphysical is constantly occurring for me, which I need. I believe I will have to go to another forum to make sense of my 8th and 12th placements since most of my planets are connected to to one or both by aspect or in house. Thank you again for your knowledge!

M

may28gemini

I have Taurus Chiron in the 8th conjunct Mars. I suppose there is quite a bit of truth as far as Chiron healing others in the 8th.

I've been told that I generally have a very comforting vibe (by both males and females) and as a result, people feel free to confide in me about all sorts of things. Animals are very drawn towards me and like hanging out around me.

In my particular case, physicality is part of the equation to "heal others" but it also heals me. I like touching and feeling others (when they give off a nice energy, not when they're gross). Males like to hug me and they feel very comfortable around me... so comfortable that they fall asleep if they hug me for awhile. My cat always sleeps on me and likes being on me when I'm at home.