left extremisties: only skin-deep problems?

Anavlis

What is the body or, rather, her mind, telling a woman with persistant hair loss problem, itchy bumps on the LEFT-hand fingers, a recent careless injury to the LEFT hip joint (almost managed to do a split though), three viral warts on the LEFT foot (contracted at a swimming pool, like her mother and daughter) and itchy skin (fungus?) between the toes already hit by the warts. Have I LEFT out something? Oh, yes, her left sciatic nerve was giving her some problems in December and January, too. BTW, she is left-handed and her left eye has always suffered poorer vision than the right one. Besides, she has had a couple of dreams in which she (rather abruptly) decides to take a left turn. I believe there is nothing left there anymore. Her right side of the body seems to be alright.

Leo Rising
IC Libra conjunct Mars Libra conjunct South Node Scorpio
Neptune in 4th Scorpio
6th cusp in Capricorn
Moon in 6th Capricorn
Lilith conjunct Chiron in 8th Pisces conjunct Saturn in 9th Aries
Saturn conjunct Sun: 9th in Aries
Jupiter in 12th Cancer

What (unconscious) issues are at stake here?

Belle Lune

What is the body or, rather, her mind, telling a woman with persistant hair loss problem, itchy bumps on the LEFT-hand fingers, a recent careless injury to the LEFT hip joint (almost managed to do a split though), three viral warts on the LEFT foot (contracted at a swimming pool, like her mother and daughter) and itchy skin (fungus?) between the toes already hit by the warts. Have I LEFT out something? Oh, yes, her left sciatic nerve was giving her some problems in December and January, too. BTW, she is left-handed and her left eye has always suffered poorer vision than the right one. Besides, she has had a couple of dreams in which she (rather abruptly) decides to take a left turn. I believe there is nothing left there anymore. Her right side of the body seems to be alright.

Leo Rising
IC Libra conjunct Mars Libra conjunct South Node Scorpio
Neptune in 4th Scorpio
6th cusp in Capricorn
Moon in 6th Capricorn
Lilith conjunct Chiron in 8th Pisces conjunct Saturn in 9th Aries
Saturn conjunct Sun: 9th in Aries
Jupiter in 12th Cancer

What (unconscious) issues are at stake here?

I would say that you may perhaps have issues with your masculine energy? The left side of your body represents your masculine energy, and for sooo many left hand issues, I would think that maybe there is an imbalance between your masculine and feminine energy.
That being said, I would also think perhaps you could have a hormonal imbalance, i.e. the persistent hair loss?
Your Lilith is conjunct Chiron, indicating a great wound in your soul (from eons back) from the masculine. Repeating this theme is the conjunct with Saturn (Masculine authority). In fact it is even more intense as it is in the 8th house, Lilith issues. I would think the universe is telling you that now is the time to start digging into this wound, and healing the masculine energy within yourself. To balance your divine feminine with your divine masculine energy.

dr. farr

In homeopathic medicine, left sided or right sided predominance of symptoms indicates certain spefic homeopathic remedies (regardless of the "disease" expressing itself by this tendency to being all on one side or the other)

Astrologically it MIGHT point to an emphasis upon the houses/sign/planets in the left hemisphere of the natal chart (ie, from the 9th house on down through the 7th house and into the 4th house) In the list provided above, note that the South Node, Neptune, Moon, Lilith, Chiron, Sun and Saturn, are all in that left hemisphere of the natal chart.

Anavlis

Dear Belle Lune and dr. farr, thank you both for your valuable comments and advice. You are both right, I think. The problem is a multi-layered one, and it really depends on how deep or how farr one chooses to go with this wounded (t)issue: whether to focus on the present physical condition, present mental issues, childhood experience, family issues or personal karma going back eons. And, Belle Lune, yes, it is about me, not another “woman”. Of course, I rationalized the use of the third person thinking to myself it was more “reader-friendly”, but actually I was just … what? delegating the problem or responsibility to someone else, adopting a more distanced attitude, trying to hide away?
Yes, I believe (at the psychological root) there is something about my masculine energy (animus), or the imbalance between the two energies.
Belle Lune, you say that the left side of the body represents the masculine energy. But is it not really the other way round? See eg: “The [FONT=&quot]right side of our brains controls our feminine, creative aspects[/FONT] so it represents the creative and emotional side of our personality. This is reflected in the left side of our bodies.« http://www.my-holistic-healing.com/body-mind-and-soul-symbolism.html
And, quite indicative, the majority of my houses and personal planet things (there is yet another one: Piscian Mercury in the 8th house) indeed fill the left hemisphere of the natal chart. But what do I learn from that? Well, for a start it might be interesting to see what I did not mention about my chart: Which aspects of my personality. I do not know how to cope with (or bring to a full life?) my Venus in 10th Taurus conj. pars Fortuna in a Grand trine with the Capricorn Moon in 6th and Virgo Pluto conj. Uranus in the 2nd opp. Piscian Mercury in the 8th house, and (according to some systems) Venus opp. Neptune in the 4th house Scorpio).

If I look back at my childhood I would say that the feminine and masculine energies must have presented to me by the wrong parent. My mother was too masculine (I felt her as a true mental tyrant), my father was too feminine or not strong enough to defy and fight mum's past resentments and hurt feelings. And if I compare my own and my husband's ancestor families (and even at the national level) the issue with unclear or imbalanced parent/psychological roles has been going on for several generations. There is an imbalance of energies. I have been looking for a firm vertical axis to hold on to, I have been trying to find a horizontal equilibrium (well, the thing about learning how to do a split is a rather unfortunate physical attempt to achieve the mental poise). How should I go about balancing - healing - the divine energies at the core of my personality? When I am working on something at one end, then something else is suffering at the other. It is so difficult to hold the system together. Some people are sentenced to death. Sometimes I feel I have been sentenced to life.

Belle Lune

I thought exactly what you did, re the left brain, and our bodies representing the exact opposite, after I posted it. Also perhaps all your symptoms on the left hand, mean you have far too much masculine energy, (like perhaps as you say you mother also had the same symptoms), and need to balance it out with feminine energy.

Also I do believe your issues lie in the more masculine sense as your Lilith is conjunct both the Sun (Masculine) and Saturn (Masculine ,Authority) , and they lie in Aries (Masculine). Also your Moon is in Capricorn (Masculine), and it’s interesting as of course the ruler if Capricorn is Saturn. Then again Chiron in Pisces (female) is conjunct Saturn, which does complicate the matter, meaning you were of course wounded by an authority (Masculine or father), figure. Like you say your father was far too feminine.

It’s interesting that you say some people are sentenced to “death”, as all these planets lay in your 8th house. The house notoriously known for issues surrounding death J. No I do not believe you have been sentenced to life J. You have obviously chosen your family as you have said it’s been in their family for generations, to work on these issues. If you feel the issue is in the more masculine sense, start taking up some feminine activities. And there is nothing more pleasing to the feminine aspect than giving out unconditional love to the world, perhaps get involved in some sort of charities?

We have just had the Venus eclipse, or occultation on the 5th June, which many believe is a wonderful opportunity to work on such issues as balancing one’s masculine and feminine issues. We haven’t had one in a few hundred years, nor will have one in a few hundred more. So I think the universe is giving you a lucky break here J

Anavlis

Belle Lune, thanks. There really might be too much of the masculine energy in me - but what is it that makes me so masculine? I look like a woman, I dress like a woman, I love all kinds of art, I prefer to live in a modest little home than in the great big city, I have given birth to three children, which many women in my walk of life have not ...

But, on the other hand there is my mum who is so awfully proud of my career and has always been so hateful about the people and interests I loved: she downright detests my interest in astrology, "What good is that astrology to you? Go home and take care of your children."

A friend of mine, a Freudian not an astrologer, says to me from time to time: "Anavlis, you are too phallic, too masculine. You know too much, you think too much and you want to know too much. This is not feminine. Go home and take care of your husband and children."

I should take up some charitable activities? Well, Belle Lune, as they keep saying to me: Charity begins at home. I just have not learnt the lesson yet, obviously. Since everybody keeps sending me home. Still, I have not found my home yet. I thought astrology would help me find the way back home.

Belle Lune

Belle Lune, thanks. There really might be too much of the masculine energy in me - but what is it that makes me so masculine? I look like a woman, I dress like a woman, I love all kinds of art, I prefer to live in a modest little home than in the great big city, I have given birth to three children, which many women in my walk of life have not ...

But, on the other hand there is my mum who is so awfully proud of my career and has always been so hateful about the people and interests I loved: she downright detests my interest in astrology, "What good is that astrology to you? Go home and take care of your children."

A friend of mine, a Freudian not an astrologer, says to me from time to time: "Anavlis, you are too phallic, too masculine. You know too much, you think too much and you want to know too much. This is not feminine. Go home and take care of your husband and children."

I should take up some charitable activities? Well, Belle Lune, as they keep saying to me: Charity begins at home. I just have not learnt the lesson yet, obviously. Since everybody keeps sending me home. Still, I have not found my home yet. I thought astrology would help me find the way back home.

Well perhaps therein lies the problem. You have everyone of authority (Saturn) demanding you to go home and do feminine activities. That is an excellent Lilith problem! You are getting shamed by the masculine (Sun) and (Saturn) for your intellect. The patriarchal society did not want the feminine to have knowledge, voting rights, well any rights. And clearly from eons back, that is what your problem has always been. You were most probably someone who was always (now I am speaking eons), active (Aries), and very independent (Aries), who was clearly shamed for this.

It seems that once again, you are trying to get out there, be independent, enjoy doing whatever you enjoy (Astrology), have your own friends, yet you still have these Saturnian figures disapproving. That is what your lesson is. You now need to realize its 2012!!!!!!!! We have burnt our bras, we have been given the right to vote, we are able to work, and we most certainly can be friends with whomever now, and chose whatever activities we like! As long as your children and husband are not neglected you no longer have to act like a 1950’s housewife J

You just have to put that in your psyche, cut the energetic ties with the Saturnians, i.e. take their words with a pinch of salt, and move more towards those who embrace you for who you are.

Abby83

Am loving the information in this thread. I do believe in balancing the energies of masculine and feminine. But feminine doesn't pay the bills!!!! So a lot of the time being feminine is difficult to achieve in society for many generations.