Will it rain on Sunday?

fensi88

I have to go to some party which include short trip to mauntan and I am wonder will it be rain on that day? In our country it rains every day this year, for example this June is coldest June in last 100 years!

Data: 13 June 2006
7:34am
20e29
44n48
gmt+2

I have seen few approachs, but I will use this time ruler of 1st, as ruler of general situation and it is Moon at 11Cap10. Moon is ruled with Sa at 8Le14. As Cap and Sa is "cold" and Le is "shiny" I think it will be cold but shiny. But I do not know for sure maybe that ASC in Can and Moon represent rain?

Three-leg-cat

Here they suggest using Ingress chart and the 4th house when forecasting weather:
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-mundane.htm
The Ingress Chart can also be used for weather forecasting. The names of the four elements of astrology derive from the four elements of weather. The Fire Signs bring heat, the Water Signs precipitation. The Air Signs bring wind, and the Earth Signs are months of agricultural activity. The most important house in weather forecasting is the 4th house, and the houses of greatest
influence are the angular houses. The most important house in weather forecasting is the 4th house, and the houses of greatest influence are the angular houses.
http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/AriesIngress2006.htm
4 Real estate, mining, agriculture, the land itself; weather events.

Any other ideas?

fensi88

Thanks for this interesting link, but they are about long term forecast. I think horary is better when it comes to specific day.

pwadm

Staff member
Hi Goca

My two cents: common sense tells that if this year it rains every day in Serbia, chances are that it will rain on Sunday too.

So your chart would need to be to display very strong indications of not raining in order for this to happen.

I'd approach this chart this way:
  • a party is a 5th house matter - ruler Mars
  • a short trip is a 3rd house matter - ruler Mercury
  • weather in general is a 4th house matter - ruler Venus
The party - Mars in Leo (fire sign, dry) conjunct Saturn (cold and dry nature) - doesn't sound rainy at all.
The trip - Mercury in Cancer (water sign) opposite the Moon (cold and wet nature) - sounds very rainy.
The weather in general - Venus in Taurus (earth sign, fertile, natural) - indicates a normal weather - in your current conditions.

Moreover, the symbolism is quite clear: the Moon in Capricorn (water - mountains, also you) is in opposition with Mercury (the trip) - so it is most likely that it will rain (and you will dislike it).
You might enjoy the nature, the natural environment (trees, animals, forests): Moon - Venus trine.

Don't forget you umbrella ! :D

fensi88

Radu, thanks for your instructive answer! At the end it appears to be as I afraid off.

the Moon in Capricorn (water - mountains, also you) is in opposition with Mercury (the trip) - so it is most likely that it will rain (and you will dislike it).

This is a big true. I do not like to go to that party, but I have to.

So, now I can plan something warmth to dress. (I always take umbrella with me).