Does Gemini control Scorpio?

FedorFan

Since Gemini is in Scorpio's eighth house. Or does Scorpio control Gemini?

[Moderator edit - Thread moved here, as thread-starter's attempt at answering the question is missing.]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Fedorfan, you should not look at it that way. No sign controls another sign. Just look at the fact that Mercury gets an 8th house flavour.What you should do is looking at the ruler of that 8th house, Mercury (of course only if the 8th house cusp falls in the sign of Gemini). Then see where Mercury is placed in the chart. This will show you how this person will probably express psychological (8th house) thoughts (Mercury) in the house where Mercury is placed, or this person will try to transform (8th house) the house (life area) where his Mercury is placed by using his communicative skills.

Should the sign of Gemini fall inside the 8th house as an intercepted sign, then Mercury will co-rule the 8th house and Venus (ruler of Taurus) will be the main ruler (because then Taurus will be the sign of the 8th house cusp.

Last edited:

katydid

FedorFan said:

[Moderator edit - Thread moved here, as thread-starter's attempt at answering the question is missing.]

Your question 'speaks to me' because of personal circumstances.
And i think I understand the spirit of the question. In terms of signs in quincunx to each other, by being in the 6th or 8 house position, there is kind of a natural urge to 'control' each other. That is where the awkward, uncomfortable nature of the quincunx comes from.

I have the sun @ zero Scorpio, while my 16 yr old daughter has her Sun @ zero Gemini. So, does the Scorpio mom control the Gemini daughter, or does the Gemini daughter control the Scorpio mom. Surprisingly, both circumstances are true.

My Scorpio nature and Mothering instincts do seek to 'control' her wilder, more free spirited impulses, and occasionally I succeed. At the same time, her urge for freedom, and spontaneity force me to let loose of my controls, and trust her to make good choices. For example, I no longer read her texts, like I did when she was 13.:eek: She makes concessions as well. She actually likes it when I look at her potential bf's charts, and she is learning from it, where she used to think it was 'Psycho.' :eek: Now she appreciates it.

So I think Scorpio 'controls' Gemini by trying to warn it about the potential destruction if they continue being so careless, and Gemini controls Scorpio by pointing out their unnecessary paranoia, and resisting it's power grab. :60:

starlink

Your question 'speaks to me' because of personal circumstances.
And i think I understand the spirit of the question. In terms of signs in quincunx to each other, by being in the 6th or 8 house position, there is kind of a natural urge to 'control' each other. That is where the awkward, uncomfortable nature of the quincunx comes from.

That is actually a very original way of looking at it and when approaching it as a quincunx situation, yes, why not, it could well show reciprocal dominance:) but I dont know if we can say: yes, one sign dominates the other, generally speaking.

katydid

starlink said:
That is actually a very original way of looking at it and when approaching it as a quincunx situation, yes, why not, it could well show reciprocal dominance:) but I dont know if we can say: yes, one sign dominates the other, generally speaking.

Yes, you are completely right that ,generally, one sign does not dominate another. But , as a Scorpio, I will admit, we may try to do so anyway.:eek:

athan

katydid said:
Yes, you are completely right that ,generally, one sign does not dominate another. But , as a Scorpio, I will admit, we may try to do so anyway.:eek:

I see you Katydid....;);)

and the question speaks to me too....

so I subscribe to the thread....:p

the phrasing a sign ''controlling'' another made me think of Chinese Feng Shui philosophy and the Productive/Destructive cycle of the Elements....

the way I read the question is ''does sign X has the power to produce change unto sign Y ?''

Control is such a fascinating thing...
just like Scorpios and Tauruses :D

katydid

:cool: the phrasing a sign ''controlling'' another made me think of Chinese Feng Shui philosophy and the Productive/Destructive cycle of the Elements....
=============================================

YES. And I have tried to incorporate my studies of Feng Shui into the studies of Astrology. It would be easier if it were fire/earth/air/water instead of Fire/wood/earth/metal/water of course.:cool:

But it does bring that to mind. I helped my Gemini daughter Feng Shui her bedroom, and she wanted 'fiery articles' , red satin pillows, in her North corner, her water sector. As a scorpio, I took that quite personally.;) She won
but I did add some 'wood', green accents, to control the fire.