How would you describe my personality based off my chart?

ZoraEos

Just curious - how would you describe my personality and character based off my chart?

Also, it's a Placidus chart, but let me know if you prefer another house, and I can accommodate.

Thank you!

Attachments

• astrodienst.JPG
    astrodienst.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 198
Hello, I prefer other houses,
but there is what I can tell you about your chart (not your personality!) as that can get harder,
based on what looks I see: easy blue and red lines.

Character: Deep and studious. Sometimes invisible, and deeply at thinking.
You can be good at music.

(For more analysis, need full birth chart with time/place on it, because I use my own settings: dark.) :)

Happy.

sworm09

Just curious - how would you describe my personality and character based off my chart?

Also, it's a Placidus chart, but let me know if you prefer another house, and I can accommodate.

Thank you!

Moon in Taurus

Soft, potentially lustful thanks to Taurus. Loving creature comforts and potentially overindulgent. Maybe not particularly sexual since Venus (the Moon's ruler) is in Virgo, but indulgent and sensual for sure. There might be an interest in art.

Mercury in Libra

Saturn has a lot of influence over this Mercury since you were born during the day.

Reserved and soft spoken, perhaps to the point of being outright self stifling. Good with mingling with others because of Libra, but not outspoken, often going unheard. Prone to depression, anxiety, and melancholy.

Capricorn Rising

Once again, mingling with people and willing to work with others, but not the most outgoing person. Considering Saturn in Aries, probably gives you a rough exterior despite being soft as pudding on the inside.

Jupiter in Capricorn in the 1st

Social inhibition is what that says to me. Wanting to reach out and be gregarious but being inhibited for whatever reason. Considering Saturn in Aries, not knowing how to talk to others or struggling to make social interactions not awkward or strained.

Lot of Spirit in Cancer

We come full circle back to the Moon. Yet another cardinal sign too. Definitely a soft, quiet person, despite what Capricorn would lead one to think. Jupiter has a decent amount of influence as well. He's in opposition to the Lot and the Lot is in the sign of his exaltation. We already talked about Jupiter.

So you're not exactly a people person, or at least not in the sense of being outgoing and readily talking to people. You're a people person in a far more intimate way, wanting to get to know people intimately but not being the best at reaching out or opening up to others. I notice some very real problems with communication here and not knowing how to approach other people yet constantly finding yourself in situations in which you're mingling with people. For less considerate people that could put a huge target on your back as it makes you susceptible to more dominant people who would take advantage of your difficulty speaking up for yourself, especially within the relationship sphere. Saturn in Aries immediately made me think rough exterior, but that is in all likelihood a sham when it's applicable. Saturn and the Moon have a lot of influence over your personality, so if I had to be reductionist and narrow you down to a planetary type I would say a mix of the Saturnian and the Lunar with more of a bias toward the Moon internally but definitely Saturn externally.

Thank you!

After reading your chart, that quote from you is very relevant. :)

Last edited:

ZoraEos

Hello, I prefer other houses,
but there is what I can tell you about your chart (not your personality!) as that can get harder,
based on what looks I see: easy blue and red lines.

Character: Deep and studious. Sometimes invisible, and deeply at thinking.
You can be good at music.

(For more analysis, need full birth chart with time/place on it, because I use my own settings: dark.) :)

Happy.

Wow, perfect short description! Thank you! :smile:

ZoraEos

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed analysis! It is so chillingly accurate, probably the most accurate reading I've ever had. May I ask, which house system do you use? I've been trying to pick a house system and yours seems excellent. I want to comment on each section individually -

Moon in Taurus

Soft, potentially lustful thanks to Taurus. Loving creature comforts and potentially overindulgent. Maybe not particularly sexual since Venus (the Moon's ruler) is in Virgo, but indulgent and sensual for sure. There might be an interest in art.

This is true - I am very into cozy environments, good food, candles, art, etc. I am very sensual, sometimes indulgent too, but not sexual. When it comes to sexuality, I am very austere. So that is a key distinction that you so accurately made.

Mercury in Libra

Reserved and soft spoken, perhaps to the point of being outright self stifling. Good with mingling with others because of Libra, but not outspoken, often going unheard. Prone to depression, anxiety, and melancholy.

Extremely true - I am very self-stifling, reserved, soft spoken, and I go unheard a lot. This has been a life struggle of mine. I also have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and lean towards melancholy a lot.

Capricorn Rising

Once again, mingling with people and willing to work with others, but not the most outgoing person. Considering Saturn in Aries, probably gives you a rough exterior despite being soft as pudding on the inside.

Yes, I can generally mingle and work on teams if necessary, because I recognize that it is something I need to do to get ahead in life and I am extremely ambitious. But it is something I don't like to do so much and it is something forced, and I often falter in it (being the quietest person on the team, leaving early at events or just sticking to myself, etc.) But it is so true that despite that rough exterior, I am so soft inside. I cry easily and often when I'm alone, and I always want to help people out.

Jupiter in Capricorn in the 1st

Social inhibition is what that says to me. Wanting to reach out and be gregarious but being inhibited for whatever reason. Considering Saturn in Aries, not knowing how to talk to others or struggling to make social interactions not awkward or strained.

Yes, a lot of social inhibition. It is very awkward for me, I sometimes feel like I don't know how to talk or socialize like a regular person. It's quite stressful.

Lot of Spirit in Cancer

Definitely a soft, quiet person, despite what Capricorn would lead one to think.

So you're not exactly a people person, or at least not in the sense of being outgoing and readily talking to people. You're a people person in a far more intimate way, wanting to get to know people intimately but not being the best at reaching out or opening up to others.

Soft and quiet is a perfect description. And 100% - I love to get to know people individually and to understand them deeply, I love deep connections and sincere friendships. Yes, I have a lot of trouble reaching out and opening up. For these reason, I have not had many long-lasting friendships in my life, just a few.

I notice some very real problems with communication here and not knowing how to approach other people yet constantly finding yourself in situations in which you're mingling with people. For less considerate people that could put a huge target on your back as it makes you susceptible to more dominant people who would take advantage of your difficulty speaking up for yourself, especially within the relationship sphere. Saturn in Aries immediately made me think rough exterior, but that is in all likelihood a sham when it's applicable. Saturn and the Moon have a lot of influence over your personality, so if I had to be reductionist and narrow you down to a planetary type I would say a mix of the Saturnian and the Lunar with more of a bias toward the Moon internally but definitely Saturn externally.

Yes, very much so. I have big problems with communication, which is why I find your reading so accurate. Yes, I'm always in mingling situations, and I frequently feel uncomfortable, unsure how to handle them, worried to make a fool of myself and sometimes I do embarrass myself because of the anxiety.
Yes, there have definitely been people who have taken advantage of my lack of assertiveness, I have been bullied frequently, and taken advantage of by men several times.
Yes, the rough exterior is total sham and defense mechanism, I am very sensitive and nurturing once people get to know me.
Yes, totally Saturn and Moon, that makes sense. :)

After reading your chart, that quote from you is very relevant. :)

Oh, I see - because I was so willing to accommodate! Haha! :happy:

Once again, thank you for your rich analysis. :) Lately I was getting skeptical about astrology, but this changed my mind.

ZoraEos

sworm09, may I also ask - does the chart indicate any way I can overcome these communication problems? What's the solution? Will it ever resolve? And did the chart indicate why it started in the first place?
Thank you so much

Hkk

Account Closed
Fiery in a introverted way.

Tend to be more on the assertive side however wants or needs to be more balanced in this area

sworm09

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed analysis! It is so chillingly accurate, probably the most accurate reading I've ever had. May I ask, which house system do you use? I've been trying to pick a house system and yours seems excellent. I want to comment on each section individually -

This is true - I am very into cozy environments, good food, candles, art, etc. I am very sensual, sometimes indulgent too, but not sexual. When it comes to sexuality, I am very austere. So that is a key distinction that you so accurately made.

Extremely true - I am very self-stifling, reserved, soft spoken, and I go unheard a lot. This has been a life struggle of mine. I also have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and lean towards melancholy a lot.

Yes, I can generally mingle and work on teams if necessary, because I recognize that it is something I need to do to get ahead in life and I am extremely ambitious. But it is something I don't like to do so much and it is something forced, and I often falter in it (being the quietest person on the team, leaving early at events or just sticking to myself, etc.) But it is so true that despite that rough exterior, I am so soft inside. I cry easily and often when I'm alone, and I always want to help people out.

Yes, a lot of social inhibition. It is very awkward for me, I sometimes feel like I don't know how to talk or socialize like a regular person. It's quite stressful.

Soft and quiet is a perfect description. And 100% - I love to get to know people individually and to understand them deeply, I love deep connections and sincere friendships. Yes, I have a lot of trouble reaching out and opening up. For these reason, I have not had many long-lasting friendships in my life, just a few.

Yes, very much so. I have big problems with communication, which is why I find your reading so accurate. Yes, I'm always in mingling situations, and I frequently feel uncomfortable, unsure how to handle them, worried to make a fool of myself and sometimes I do embarrass myself because of the anxiety.
Yes, there have definitely been people who have taken advantage of my lack of assertiveness, I have been bullied frequently, and taken advantage of by men several times.
Yes, the rough exterior is total sham and defense mechanism, I am very sensitive and nurturing once people get to know me.
Yes, totally Saturn and Moon, that makes sense. :)

Oh, I see - because I was so willing to accommodate! Haha! :happy:

Once again, thank you for your rich analysis. :) Lately I was getting skeptical about astrology, but this changed my mind.

I appreciate the feedback! I'm similarly skeptical about astrology, but feedback like this honestly makes me reconsider. Also I use Whole Sign houses with Alcabitius or Placidus as a secondary overlay for angularity. Alcabitius and Placidus aren't extremely dissimilar and a ton of people use Placidus anyway. So basically Whole Sign for topics, Alcabitius or Placidus for angularity.

sworm09, may I also ask - does the chart indicate any way I can overcome these communication problems? What's the solution? Will it ever resolve? And did the chart indicate why it started in the first place?
Thank you so much

Well since Saturn is so heavily implicated, being your Ascendant ruler and dominant over Mercury, the cliche answer is time. Saturn tends to ripen with age and your Saturn is definitely able to be overcome. He's retrograde and occidental, so it may take a looooooong time, but Saturn is in a diurnal sign and is in a day chart. It might not be easy and it may take forever, but there is hope on that front. The fear I would have with your Saturn though is trying too hard and ending up coming off as brash and unstable as a result, so take it slow. You'll probably be 30+ years old when Saturn finally starts to become manageable. Toward the latter half of your life you should see yourself become more assertive. I don't think you'll ever fully resolve the tension you feel in regards to people, but at least you'll probably learn how to live with it and manage it.

Another testimony of things getting better with time is that juicy Moon of yours. She's the 2nd triplicy lord of your Ascendant, so roughly the middle of your life, but she's also the third triplicity lord of your Sun, arguing the end of life. She is cadent and in a fixed sign, dragging things out. So I'd say she won't become fully active until middle age dipping into your early senior years, seeing you through to the end of life. You'll probably be a sweet person that comes off as rough at first because of what you've been through in your younger years, but as you get older you'll be able to directly channel that Moon in Taurus into your personality. If you want to have children I think you would end up being a spectacular grandparent, not saying that you won't be able to see some relief until that point.

As for potential causes, that's challenging. In the old texts Saturn having a huge influence was tied to infant exposure, literally abandoning a new born. Your situation doesn't have to be that disastrous, but you can kind of see the idea here. How was your upbringing? Saturn could easily indicate growing up without a good support network. It's interesting that the Sun (the father) and the Moon (the mother) make no aspect to your Ascendant ruler, Saturn. This could cause anxiety due to not knowing how to deal with people due to upbringing. Saturn in Aries in the 4th doesn't speak to a joyous upbringing and actually points to your father directly, but could mean your family generally. The first relationships that we have are with our parents and if those aren't good people can struggle with every relationship afterward. So problems with your upbringing, specifically your relationship with your father are probably to blame to some extent.

ZoraEos

Using whole houses with placidus/alcabitius overlay for angles makes a lot of sense! I’m going to have to try to make an overlay in the astro.com chart maker. Do you use the same system for transits or different?

That is very good to know that it is probably a matter of time because of the Saturn. I have felt impatient about it, feeling frustrated that I havent resolved it by my 23 years of age, but I think I have made great improvements from where I was in high school for example. So I’ll keep trying my best. It’s not the worst place for Saturn, I think.

So happy to hear that about the moon! Very lucky to have it 😊

Yes I did not have the best support network growing up - I often felt ignored by my busy parents, particularly my father who was gone for long stretches of time. And then when he was home, he would just drink and yell at us - I was shamed and criticized by him a lot as a child. He was also very abusive towards my mother. It wasn’t the worst childhood, my mother was generally really nice and supportive, but busy and stressed from my father. My paternal grandparents and uncle also visited daily, spending whole days with us. My grandma looked after me a lot and instilled very strict traditional values onto me. My grandfather was a stoic quiet figure. My uncle had a severe mental illness and was unpredictable in the house. And because we lived in a bad neighborhood, I wasn’t allowed outdoors and was just stuck in the house (this coronavirus quarantine is reminding me of it lol).

II use Whole Sign houses with Alcabitius or Placidus as a secondary overlay for angularity...

Well since Saturn is so heavily implicated, being your Ascendant ruler and dominant over Mercury, the cliche answer is time. Saturn tends to ripen with age and your Saturn is definitely able to be overcome. He's retrograde and occidental, so it may take a looooooong time, but Saturn is in a diurnal sign and is in a day chart. It might not be easy and it may take forever, but there is hope on that front. The fear I would have with your Saturn though is trying too hard and ending up coming off as brash and unstable as a result, so take it slow. You'll probably be 30+ years old when Saturn finally starts to become manageable. Toward the latter half of your life you should see yourself become more assertive. I don't think you'll ever fully resolve the tension you feel in regards to people, but at least you'll probably learn how to live with it and manage it.

Another testimony of things getting better with time is that juicy Moon of yours. She's the 2nd triplicy lord of your Ascendant, so roughly the middle of your life, but she's also the third triplicity lord of your Sun, arguing the end of life. She is cadent and in a fixed sign, dragging things out. So I'd say she won't become fully active until middle age dipping into your early senior years, seeing you through to the end of life. You'll probably be a sweet person that comes off as rough at first because of what you've been through in your younger years, but as you get older you'll be able to directly channel that Moon in Taurus into your personality. If you want to have children I think you would end up being a spectacular grandparent, not saying that you won't be able to see some relief until that point.

As for potential causes, that's challenging. In the old texts Saturn having a huge influence was tied to infant exposure, literally abandoning a new born. Your situation doesn't have to be that disastrous, but you can kind of see the idea here. How was your upbringing? Saturn could easily indicate growing up without a good support network. It's interesting that the Sun (the father) and the Moon (the mother) make no aspect to your Ascendant ruler, Saturn. This could cause anxiety due to not knowing how to deal with people due to upbringing. Saturn in Aries in the 4th doesn't speak to a joyous upbringing and actually points to your father directly, but could mean your family generally. The first relationships that we have are with our parents and if those aren't good people can struggle with every relationship afterward. So problems with your upbringing, specifically your relationship with your father are probably to blame to some extent.

sworm09

Using whole houses with placidus/alcabitius overlay for angles makes a lot of sense! I’m going to have to try to make an overlay in the astro.com chart maker. Do you use the same system for transits or different?

That is very good to know that it is probably a matter of time because of the Saturn. I have felt impatient about it, feeling frustrated that I havent resolved it by my 23 years of age, but I think I have made great improvements from where I was in high school for example. So I’ll keep trying my best. It’s not the worst place for Saturn, I think.

So happy to hear that about the moon! Very lucky to have it 😊

Yes I did not have the best support network growing up - I often felt ignored by my busy parents, particularly my father who was gone for long stretches of time. And then when he was home, he would just drink and yell at us - I was shamed and criticized by him a lot as a child. He was also very abusive towards my mother. It wasn’t the worst childhood, my mother was generally really nice and supportive, but busy and stressed from my father. My paternal grandparents and uncle also visited daily, spending whole days with us. My grandma looked after me a lot and instilled very strict traditional values onto me. My grandfather was a stoic quiet figure. My uncle had a severe mental illness and was unpredictable in the house. And because we lived in a bad neighborhood, I wasn’t allowed outdoors and was just stuck in the house (this coronavirus quarantine is reminding me of it lol).

Hey there,

I see. Saturn then is indicating the core of a lot of what you're going through. And don't feel bad about not haven gotten over all of that at 23. I'm not that much older than you, but 23 isn't really that old. Most people don't even become aware that anything even wrong until they hit adulthood, so you're not behind in any way.

And yeah I use the same system for transits, though I tend to use profections more than transits. With profections the whole sign house matters more than the quadrant based house. :)

ZoraEos

Hey there,

I see. Saturn then is indicating the core of a lot of what you're going through. And don't feel bad about not haven gotten over all of that at 23. I'm not that much older than you, but 23 isn't really that old. Most people don't even become aware that anything even wrong until they hit adulthood, so you're not behind in any way.

And yeah I use the same system for transits, though I tend to use profections more than transits. With profections the whole sign house matters more than the quadrant based house. :)

Thank you! That puts a lot into perspective and is very kind. :)

Great, I'll try the transits and profections too!