Borderline personality disorder in my chart?

There is a chance that I might have BPD according to my doctor. I really really hope that I'm healthy and that this would rather be something temporary but I have many of the symptoms and it's not looking good. :unsure:

Is there something in my chart that indicates bpd? Or bipolar disorder (this is also a possibility according to her)?

I know that astrology doesn't explain everything but I'm just curious if anyone can see mental illness in my chart.

Attachments

• Chart2.jpg
    Chart2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 140
Buy or download teh book: STOP WALKING ON EGGSHELLS. And give it to your family to read. If they agree that this is what life is like living with you, then you have BPD.

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Walking-Eggshells-Borderline-Personality-ebook/dp/B004DNXGFQ

I feel for your family. I know about this disorder than I ever wanted to know.

Hmm. I already know that my family thinks I'm out of control. My mom was the one who encouraged me to seek help. I will consider downloading that book tho, seems interesting. However, if my family read this book and would agree that life is like this with me, it isn't a diagnosis. Only a psychiatrist can do that. :smile:

I guess you have a family member/friend/someone who has bpd?

Frisiangal

There is a chance that I might have BPD according to my doctor.

Is there something in my chart that indicates bpd? Or bipolar disorder (this is also a possibility according to her)?

I know that astrology doesn't explain everything but I'm just curious if anyone can see mental illness in my chart.

That's a matter of personal opinion. There are those who might disagree with you.:smile:

The association of astrological symbolism with medical health is a specific branch of astrology. The symbolism can provide information that refers to personal(ity) traits which, in turn, could relate to a predisposition towards a physical complaint. Ethics forbid astrologers offering a diagnosis because most are not qualified (in the rational approach) as a medically trained practitioner.

When looking at the term 'mental illness', the astrological eye would probably first turn towards the position that Mercury (mentality) of Gemini or Virgo (communicative or rational mind), the aspects made and what this indicates as a means of verbal expression. The 1st and 6th houses concerned with manifestational health matters would be considered, yet also the 3rd house that is strongly associated with how one's environment can influence the individual thought processes. In the medical astrology through which I was taught the 9th house referred to 'health and well-being'; e.g. the pill and/or potion that can have a positive effect upon health and keep 6th house 'sickness' at bay.

The chart provided shows a 9th house Mercury in Virgo in harsh aspect to Moon(reactional response) in 7th house (close relationships). Mercury leads, which could mean that one's reactional response to people one is close to is first critical because it does not agree with the manner in which one personally thinks.
The 3rd house influence is found through Pisces, modern ruler Neptune. Neptune has a reputation for seeing things from a totally different other worldly perspective that is all its own. In good aspect to Mercury this can create a wonderful combination of mental perception attuned to an illusive and unfathomable fantasy quality. Worship of an idyll, yet also ideal for physical expression (Earth) through the creative arts.
It's when one's mental expression has an expression of realism that is not what others experience, that difficulties can arise.

The astrological eye regarding a Bi-polar disorder might turn towards harsh aspects between Jupiter (too much) and Saturn (too little). High highs versus low lows, optimism versus pessimism, joy versus depression, etc.. There is a harsh link between Jupiter and Saturn, which also takes in natal Sun....life's motivation; the big red triangle in the chart. A Libra Sun seeks balance through equality. It may incline to look towards others for this, rather than be strong in its own ability to see both sides of the same equation.

The personality is considered a 1st house condition. There is no birth data provided, but if the birth time is more or less accurate, the position of Pluto (deep emotional expression of power of will) to the Ascendant could be suggestive of a deep and underlying current that can take control over one's view of the personal world. There is a harsh aspect to Venus, ruler of 6th house of physical matters. If the 5th house is included (high latitude birth??), this could well bear a relationship with those matters concerning that house. Venus also aspects natal Neptune.

The inner world experiences of outer world situations could take precedence.
One major significance could be that there is no planet in the water elements of the chart. Water refers to expression of emotion through the quality of feelings. It could signify that there is a difficulty to 'adapt' to whatever someone else is experiencing or going through. It's all 'one way'.

The beauty of Libra is that it can adapt in its effort to seek equality of balance. The Libra Sun makes one very important aspect. It is positively aspected to the planet that brings about change. This can show itself in one's nature through its rebelliousness towards 'the norm' because its personal independence of individuality is so important. It's the path that leads to a future that puts old habits and ways behind it.

Such changes usually make an appearance after the Saturn return; i.e. when Saturn returns to its position at birth to begin a new cycle of experience. the change from immaturity to adulthood.
Co-incidence that Saturn and Uranus are in positive aspect in the chart?

Do YOU believe the medical diagnosis given you, or is it just an individual mental personality phase you could be going through??????

david starling

LowlyDivine, looking at this Chart, I do see inner conflicts, which isn't at all uncommon. One suggestion I have is, look at how you react when your PLANS don't go well. You have to stop blaming others for "getting in your way", and learn how to keep your personal energy-level high enough without using anger as a crutch. I'm not saying that you shouldn't make plans, but increase your flexibility when it comes to how to achieve them. Good potential, but patience is an ABSOLUTELY necessary ingredient. Wishing you well!

That's a matter of personal opinion. There are those who might disagree with you.:smile:

I personally believe in astrology strongly but there's always someone who responds to these threads with answers like ''astrology doesn't explain everything!'' so with that sentence I was trying to avoid answers like that.:smile:

But thank you very much for your long answer, I appreciate it! I'm going to have to read your message over and over again given that English isn't my first language so I'm trying to understand everything through and through haha. But you have already helped a lot! :happy: And the birth time is very accurate, straight out of my birth certificate.

Do YOU believe the medical diagnosis given you, or is it just an individual mental personality phase you could be going through??????

When my doctor told me about BPD and when I read more about it, it made a lot of sense. I felt like wow, I'm not the only one who acts this way and has these feelings. On the other hand, sometimes I feel that no way I could have that, I'm not that effed up. One thing for sure is that I'm not mentally healthy at this moment but whether it's a personality disorder behind all of this, I don't know. That is up to a psychiatrist.

LowlyDivine, looking at this Chart, I do see inner conflicts, which isn't at all uncommon. One suggestion I have is, look at how you react when your PLANS don't go well. You have to stop blaming others for "getting in your way", and learn how to keep your personal energy-level high enough without using anger as a crutch. I'm not saying that you shouldn't make plans, but increase your flexibility when it comes to how to achieve them. Good potential, but patience is an ABSOLUTELY necessary ingredient. Wishing you well!

Can you elaborate what are the placements in my chart causing inner conflicts? Or is it something Frisiangal already mentioned?

That is good advice right there. Easier said than done but I really try to be a better person every day.:smile: And thank you!

david starling

Can you elaborate what are the placements in my chart causing inner conflicts? Or is it something Frisiangal already mentioned?

That is good advice right there. Easier said than done but I really try to be a better person every day.:smile: And thank you!

Yes, easier said than done! Sorry if I sounded preachy. Frisiangal covered it well. I see Cardinal-sign placements as impelling goal-oriented plan making. The Asc is in Sagittarius, a Mutable-sign, and Mercury is in Virgo, a powerful Mutable-placement. The Mutables tend to take things as they come, and react intuitively. Jupiter, ruling the Asc is in Capricorn, Sun and NN in Libra, both Cardinal-signs. Leo fixates Mars so you have the will necessary to get things done. Elation when things are going according to plan, depression and even anger and resentment when they're not. Go with your Asc and Mercury as much as possible, meaning try to be more spontaneous and pragmatic. If one path is blocked, try finding another. So, not a psychological disorder, but a Cardinal versus Mutable Chart confict, especially Sun versus Asc; and, the factors noted by Frisiangal. Your life is a "work in progress"!

Last edited:
Yes, easier said than done! Sorry if I sounded preachy. Frisiangal covered it well. I see Cardinal-sign placements as impelling goal-oriented plan making. The Asc is in Sagittarius, a Mutable-sign, and Mercury is in Virgo, a powerful Mutable-placement. The Mutables tend to take things as they come, and react intuitively. Jupiter, ruling the Asc is in Capricorn, Sun and NN in Libra, both Cardinal-signs. Leo fixates Mars so you have the will necessary to get things done. Elation when things are going according to plan, depression and even anger and resentment when they're not. Go with your Asc and Mercury as much as possible, meaning try to be more spontaneous and pragmatic. If one path is blocked, try finding another. So, not a psychological disorder, but a Cardinal versus Mutable Chart confict, especially Sun versus Asc; and, the factors noted by Frisiangal. Your life is a "work in progress"!

No, you didn't sound preachy at all. Thanks for elaborating! :smile:

You said I should try to be more spontaneous. The thing is that I can be overly spontaneous. :lol: I'm very impulsive and I've ended up doing a lot of bad decisions in my life. My crazy impulsivity is one of the possible symptoms of bpd. Spontaneity is a great thing and I would love to be more spontaneous in a good kind of way but whenever I'm being spontaneous, it ends up being impulsivity, if that makes any sense.

craft94

Every person I know with BPD has at least one harsh aspect to Pluto. Usually, Venus is included since borderline personality is very much about relationships (idealization and devaluation). So I wasn't surprised to see it in yours. In your chart, you've got Leo Venus in the 8th square Pluto in the 1st - So yep, the majority of BPD people I can think of actually do have Venus in Leo square Pluto. The person who I had a major problem with also had their Leo Venus in the 8th though their chart was a much bigger mess than yours and their Ascendant was in Capricorn. However, this doesn't necessarily mean you have it. Whether you have or not, I think, largely depends on whether or not you think the diagnosis is helpful. Does it help to put a name to what you're experience or do you think having a set in stone disorder that never goes away will damage your identity hinder your spiritual progress?

Last edited:

craft94

Buy or download teh book: STOP WALKING ON EGGSHELLS. And give it to your family to read. If they agree that this is what life is like living with you, then you have BPD.

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Walking-Eggshells-Borderline-Personality-ebook/dp/B004DNXGFQ

I feel for your family. I know about this disorder than I ever wanted to know.

I've had a problem with someone with disorder too so I know BPD effects the people around the patient as much as it does the patient, but I still don't think that's the right thing to say to a person who actually has it. Like, I'm sure the person with this disorder has a lot of internal struggles too; do you not feel for them? A lot of people with BPD (not necessarily the OP) come from abusive families too, so you shouldn't assume it's the family that's bearing the burden of this disorder. You shouldn't make an already mentally ill person feel guilty for their mental illness, which they 100% didn't choose. I know it's common for individuals with BPD to feel guilty about their impulsive actions and because of their problems with emotional regulation, the guilt causes them to act even more impulsive.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
I think you should keep in mind that many doctors are coming around to the opinion that BPD and associated disorders are simply modern scams by the pharma/medical establishment. Many of the symptoms are normal psychology variation of the psyche that are outgrown. But now the pressure is to put people on drugs for profit and social engineering.

Your chart doesn't look very bad to me. The only aspect that I see that could be problematic is the sun/node opposed to Saturn/south node which implies your father's attitude towards you is the primary cause of your mental questions. Either you didn't meet his expectations or he provided a environment that didn't let you express yourself. Of course anytime saturn is on the south node there is a possibility of abuse of some type by the father.
The worse thing for your mental health is to buy in to the label that you have a mental illness.
rahu

Every person I know with BPD has at least one harsh aspect to Pluto. Usually, Venus is included since borderline personality is very much about relationships (idealization and devaluation). So I wasn't surprised to see it in yours. In your chart, you've got Leo Venus in the 8th square Pluto in the 1st - So yep, the majority of BPD people I can think of actually do have Venus in Leo square Pluto. The person who I had a major problem with also had their Leo Venus in the 8th though their chart was a much bigger mess than yours and their Ascendant was in Capricorn. However, this doesn't necessarily mean you have it. Whether you have or not, I think, largely depends on whether or not you think the diagnosis is helpful. Does it help to put a name to what you're experience or do you think having a set in stone disorder that never goes away will damage your identity hinder your spiritual progress?

Venus square Pluto makes sense, it's really intense and difficult placement to have. But specifically with Venus in Leo? Sounds odd. :lol: And my Pluto is actually in 12th, not 1st. Or did you mean my pluto-asc conjunct?

I think I already answered this before but when my doctor told me about bpd, it did make a lot of sense. A diagnosis would be really helpful because there's clearly something wrong with me and if there was a name for it, I could get the help I need, therapy and/or medication. I don't think a diagnosis would ruin anything.

I don't really like the idea of battling a mental disorder possibly for the rest of my life (well, who does?). I know a lot of people with mental disorders and it's the most heartbreaking sight. If I do have this disorder, I guess it's good that it's diagnosed early on.

david starling

No, you didn't sound preachy at all. Thanks for elaborating! :smile:

You said I should try to be more spontaneous. The thing is that I can be overly spontaneous. :lol: I'm very impulsive and I've ended up doing a lot of bad decisions in my life. My crazy impulsivity is one of the possible symptoms of bpd. Spontaneity is a great thing and I would love to be more spontaneous in a good kind of way but whenever I'm being spontaneous, it ends up being impulsivity, if that makes any sense.

You need impulse-control then. Remember to "keep your eyes on the prize" when making a decision. Listen to what Mercury in Virgo is telling you. Watch out when Mercury is Retrograde--especially important in your case!

I think you should keep in mind that many doctors are coming around to the opinion that BPD and associated disorders are simply modern scams by the pharma/medical establishment. Many of the symptoms are normal psychology variation of the psyche that are outgrown. But now the pressure is to put people on drugs for profit and social engineering.

Your chart doesn't look very bad to me. The only aspect that I see that could be problematic is the sun/node opposed to Saturn/south node which implies your father's attitude towards you is the primary cause of your mental questions. Either you didn't meet his expectations or he provided a environment that didn't let you express yourself. Of course anytime saturn is on the south node there is a possibility of abuse of some type by the father.
The worse thing for your mental health is to buy in to the label that you have a mental illness.
rahu

You're right about the father thing, I do have a bad relationship with my father.

I don't really know about the bpd being a scam thing. People with these issues self-harm and are often suicidal, it's a miserable condition to have. How can bpd be a scam when it has ruined many lives?

craft94

Venus square Pluto makes sense, it's really intense and difficult placement to have. But specifically with Venus in Leo? Sounds odd. :lol: And my Pluto is actually in 12th, not 1st. Or did you mean my pluto-asc conjunct?

I think I already answered this before but when my doctor told me about bpd, it did make a lot of sense. A diagnosis would be really helpful because there's clearly something wrong with me and if there was a name for it, I could get the help I need, therapy and/or medication. I don't think a diagnosis would ruin anything.

I don't really like the idea of battling a mental disorder possibly for the rest of my life (well, who does?). I know a lot of people with mental disorders and it's the most heartbreaking sight. If I do have this disorder, I guess it's good that it's diagnosed early on.
Then I 100% agree, it's good to get diagnosed/seek treatment if you think it would help you. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. Dont listen to anyone who tells you it isn't a real thing and that you shouldn't seek treatment. Don't let what you read about it (such as the thing Sweet Pea posted) destroy your self-esteem though. Your diagnosis doesn't define you.

Yeah, Leo can be pretty intense too, sometimes more intense than Scorpio at least outwardly, so to me it makes sense. It's a fixed sign - fixed signs can be very obsessive in love and they find it hard to let go.

And yeah I meant Pluto conjunct. Asc - close enough to the 1st house imo

Frisiangal

I do have a bad relationship with my father.
I don't really know about the bpd being a scam thing. People with these issues self-harm and are often suicidal, it's a miserable condition to have. How can bpd be a scam when it has ruined many lives?

Is this what you are doing to combat any issues that are difficult to face?

A check of the secondary progressed chart ( for the 20th year of life) with current transits suggests that much is going on that could relate back to your current 'in the head' state.
At your age personal contacts and group relationships are so important. Has anything occured in the last year or so that has affected you and seems to have left you outside of any such relationships that were important to you, yet not specifically to another? Do you live in a region which may not be so vastly populated that meeting people of a similar age and interest is more difficult than it would otherwise be?
If you attend college, is the study becoming a strain because your mind is elsewhere?
Have you been the subject of any kind of abuse that you are not opening up and talking about......except perhaps through irrational behaviour
towards others for which they cannot understand the reason?

Professional help could offer a means to unravel any temporary knots in the mind without their issuing a permanent 'mental' label.

:smile:

[P.S. I live with a very close Mercury-Venus square Pluto in the fixed signs. As far as I'm aware it bears no relationship to BPD, although the bi-quintile Mercury-Neptune does make me wonder at times if I'm insane, or just think on another wave length to others.:wink:]