Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 06-29-2021, 02:49 AM

Post Re: US - a Uranian Country

The 1880s-1910s (after reconstruction ended in 1877 to our entry in WW1 in 1917) is an interesting four-decade period in the USA: the Gilded Age (1877-87), then the last decade of the Victorian age (1887-97), the Gay (as in happy) Nineties (1897-1900), and the turn of the (20th) century which is sometimes called the Industrial Revolution (1901-08) and the Progressive era (1909-16).

The planet Uranus was in Libra and Scorpio in the 1890s, esp. 1893-96 was when the panic of 1893 triggered an economic depression in the middle of a widely remembered decade in a large percentage of the later 20th century. And there are good and warm memories of living through the 1970s, a difficult time for the USA began with the Vietnam War, then Watergate, the OPEC embargo, Stagflation and the Iranian hostage standoff in the last 2 months of the 1970s.

And Uranus was also in Aquarius in the 1910s, based on its average 84 years of orbit in the solar system. Info from Google: Uranus was in Aquarius from February 1912 until January 1920 (7 years, 12 months) and for 2 months in the spring of 1995 and from January 1996 to January 2003 for 7 years sharp, dignified in the sign it rules giving originality, invention, scientific advance, revolutionary changes, independent and radical social movements and organization. Uranus was in Aquarius a little longer in July-Dec. 2003.

Unread 06-29-2021, 11:32 PM

Re: US - a Uranian Country

Tim, I think this would be good to cross check with your chart:

When did In God We Trust replace E pluribus unum?

On July 30, 1956, the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution "declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States." The resolution passed both the House and the Senate unanimously and without debate. It replaced E pluribus unum, which had existed before as a de facto official motto.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 06-30-2021, 01:01 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
Tim, I think this would be good to cross check with your chart...On July 30, 1956, the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution "declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States." The resolution passed both the House and the Senate unanimously and without debate. It replaced E pluribus unum, which had existed before as a de facto official motto.
Cold Fusion,

If nothing else, this indicates how THOROUGHLY government and religion were tied to together in the 50s. By the end of the 60s this deep belief in religion was undermined in the US and, to preserve their dwindling numbers of believers, US churches started turning away from the spiritual and towards the secular.

While this isn't a large enough of an event to show up as a major transit and so be useful for testing the Cornwallis chart against others, in the Cornwallis chart there are significant transits to and from the planets of religion (Jupiter) and spirituality (Neptune), suggesting a strong interest in religion at the time.

Following up,

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Official US Motto Creation.jpg (54.9 KB, 6 views)
Unread 07-01-2021, 09:50 PM

Which Christian denominations do you mean, Tim? There are major differences between them. Some always had a practical bent (Salvation Army, Dutch Reformed.) The Mormons (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) stress both practicality and spirituality. The charismatic evangelical churches are different yet again.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 07-01-2021, 09:56 PM

Smile Re: US - a Uranian Country

"In God We Trust" was part of the Cold War against the "Godless Commies".
Unread 07-01-2021, 10:33 PM

Interesting how the chart Wilson posted is very similar to the original USA chart.
Unread 07-01-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Interesting how the chart Wilson posted is very similar to the original USA chart.
Especially the Ascendant.
Unread 07-02-2021, 05:48 AM

Actually if you go down this route, it was not independent after Yorktown. That happened after the final ratification of the peace treaty. Even the wartime recognition by France was conditional, subject to a peace settlement. Liberty in my view is Jupiter not Uranus (that's fascism). In the civil war, both sides claimed to be for liberty, and the same is to some degree still true of the parties (freedom from government or freedom from capitalists/oligarchs).
Unread 07-02-2021, 06:02 AM

Question Re: US - a Uranian Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Actually if you go down this route, it was not independent after Yorktown. That happened after the final ratification of the peace treaty. Even the wartime recognition by France was conditional, subject to a peace settlement. Liberty in my view is Jupiter not Uranus (that's fascism). In the civil war, both sides claimed to be for liberty, and the same is to some degree still true of the parties (freedom from government or freedom from capitalists/oligarchs).
Can you explain fascism relative to Uranus? The Aquarian symbol isn't two lightening bolts as in the SS insignia, it's dual waves of mental energy. (If that's what it's about).
Unread 07-02-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Can you explain fascism relative to Uranus? The Aquarian symbol isn't two lightening bolts as in the SS insignia, it's dual waves of mental energy. (If that's what it's about).

Fascism in my book is what was practised in Italy, Spain and several East European countries (including Poland, enemy of Germany) in the 30s. Charateristics are nationalism, self-sufficiency and anti-communism. Characteristics of Nazism (Pluto) are domination and extermination (although it began as fascism). To me it's significant that Franco did not join Hitler in WW2, despite being invited and having been helped to power by him. The US has some fascist elements, but it's not a dominant trait (at least so far).

As for Aquarius, I consider Saturn sole ruler of that sign. The ancients could not see Uranus, so they replaced it with the Sun (the Sun rules Leo the sign of dictatorship and exalts in Aries the sign of nationalism/isolationism).
Unread 07-02-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Fascism in my book is what was practised in Italy, Spain and several East European countries (including Poland, enemy of Germany) in the 30s. Charateristics are nationalism, self-sufficiency and anti-communism. Characteristics of Nazism (Pluto) are domination and extermination (although it began as fascism). To me it's significant that Franco did not join Hitler in WW2, despite being invited and having been helped to power by him. The US has some fascist elements, but it's not a dominant trait (at least so far).

As for Aquarius, I consider Saturn sole ruler of that sign. The ancients could not see Uranus, so they replaced it with the Sun (the Sun rules Leo the sign of dictatorship and exalts in Aries the sign of nationalism/isolationism).
Do you consider Uranus an astrological planet? You mentioned Pluto, so what's up with Uranus as a Sign-ruler?
Unread 07-02-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Do you consider Uranus an astrological planet? You mentioned Pluto, so what's up with Uranus as a Sign-ruler?
Due to the confusion of the ancient and medieval astrologers, I currently consider Uranus a co-ruler of Leo (although the Sun is not strictly speaking a planet and should not rule anything but represent the sum total).
Unread 07-02-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Due to the confusion of the ancient and medieval astrologers, I currently consider Uranus a co-ruler of Leo (although the Sun is not strictly speaking a planet and should not rule anything but represent the sum total).
You're an independent thinker! I respect that.

So, are you agreeing with the thread title?
Unread 07-02-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
You're an independent thinker! I respect that.

So, are you agreeing with the thread title?
If I did, I would be saying the US is fascist, which I already said I don't think is the case (although it has co-operated with fascist regimes in the past, and is a world leader in IT). Aquarius rules both democracy and America as a geographic entity (not just a nation-state), Ptolemy and others divided the Earth geographcally by signs. And capitalism is the opposite of fascism, and more fortunate for the US as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-02-2021)
Unread 07-02-2021, 11:12 AM

Question Re: US - a Uranian Country

Quote:
If I did, I would be saying the US is fascist, which I already said I don't think is the case (although it has co-operated with fascist regimes in the past, and is a world leader in IT). Aquarius rules both democracy and America as a geographic entity (not just a nation-state), Ptolemy and others divided the Earth geographcally by signs. And capitalism is the opposite of fascism, and more fortunate for the US as well.
So, the U.S. as a Saturnian-ruled nation?
Unread 07-02-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
So, the U.S. as a Saturnian-ruled nation?
If you insist, there is the breakdown from Astrolog. I think this is getting repetitive, so I'm bowing out for now.
Attached Images
File Type: png strength.png (50.9 KB, 2 views)

Tags
country, uranian