Does this person have ethical issues based on Jupiter's aspects and Mercury?

Mj66

Does Jupiter forming many hard aspects in a person's chart cause lack of conscience?

[edited to make OP's question clear - Moderator]

Attachments

• astro_2gw_anonymous.47997.9696.jpg
    astro_2gw_anonymous.47997.9696.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

I think someone with Jupiter square Mercury would be prone to exaggeration.

The moon-Neptune-Venus T-square suggests a very creative person, but one without a super-strong grip on reality. I note that this person is low in the earth element which relates to practical, material matters.

AppLeo

I don't think Jupiter leads to a lack of ethics or consciousness..

Mercury-Jupiter actually suggests a conscious or philosophical approach to life. And a major exaggeration. The speech will be large and wide.

To me this person might have speech or mental problems. The 8th house is debts, along with Mercury being a detriment in Pisces and conjunct Chiron and Saturn. It suggests that this person has poor or lack of communication. There could be a speech impediment of some kind.

With the square from Jupiter, there's a feeling that this person has a lot of to say, but it's lost on people. On top of that, Jupiter in Gemini (being in its detriment), their philosophical or moral approach to things will probably be lacking or not make any sense.

With Jupiter in the 11th and Mercury in the 8th, with these planets square to each other, and Mercury being the ruler of the 11th, and Jupiter being the ruler of the 8th, there's a really serious issue or interplay going on between these areas of life.

The 11th house could generate lots of friendships, or lots bad friendships only for them to be lost anyway. Or they take on a kind of debt energy with the 8th house. Friends might be draining rather than rewarding. Maybe this person is a bad investor or accountant and when dealing with his/her friends' money or resources ends up losing all of their money or miscalculating it.

Last edited:

Mj66

Thanks all for your input. I love this person dearly and I know each and every one of us has challenging aspects in our charts, I just have come to realize as of the past few years not to expect this friend to "walk the talk" and many times back out of things they expressed on an opinion for a prior topic.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Does Jupiter forming many hard aspects in a person's chart cause lack of conscious?

From the topic title and OP's first message, I thought (s)he meant conscience and not conscious, as per consciousness.

If so, I would agree that Jupiter is strongly associated with one's conscience; that within one's moral judgement of what is considered as right and wrong. This could involve a relationship between Mercury of Virgo's morals and ethics and Jupiter of Sagittarius.

When looking at conscience 'through the eyes of God', wouldn't we be looking more towards an all-loving Jupiter of Pisces, OR the judgement of a harsh God through Saturn guilt, for which penance for forgiveness could be considered a role of Neptune of Pisces?

Charts of those who act without moral conscience have been seen to show the socio-pathic nature of a harsh Jupiter-Saturn aspect.

If acting through conscious awareness was meant, aspects to Sun would be involved, wouldn't they?

:smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
From the topic title and OP's first message, I thought (s)he meant conscience and not conscious, as per consciousness.

:smile:

Thank you for this interpretation of the question! It makes much more sense to think about it this way.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Yes, thanks for correcting my spelling. I meant Conscience.

I meant no offfence, nor was it a correction of spelling. As I commented in my post it was more of thinking in terms of what you meant in your first post, and the replies received according to the word 'conscious'.

Glad to read that my mind got something right, and that with tr. Mercury retrograde conjunct Saturn!. :wink::smile:

Lin

Both conscious and conscience apply here....and issues abound. This person cannot objectively hear the opinion of others if it does not agree with her's. And there is a lack of compassion, although that probably is directly attributed to her somewhat abusive childhood....she has so many issues that I find it amazing that you have been able to be tolerant of her attitudes.
Several inconjuncts show that she has some major ''maladjustments'' - possibly emotional, psychological, definitely social, and not liable to ''mellow'' with age.

Also a lot of secrets....which is takes care to keep that way.

LIN

Mj66

Thanks for your input Lin.
We've been friend's since I've been younger and I see both the good and the not so good in everybody. With age you become more cynical-which I have. I noticed her chart had a fair amount of hard aspects to Jupiter and I know that is Conscience...so that was my first red flag, also Pisces in Mercury isn't always the most honest.
With knowing that I am starting to see my friend's behaviors in a different light.

Mj66

Hi Lin,
Are you interpretations the same as mine? Does it have to do with the Jupiter challenges? Or do you attribute this to the mercury in Pisces-or even something different that I didn't catch.
Just wondering if you could go into further detail with your analysis?
Thank you!

waybread

From a traditional perspective, Mercury in Pisces is in its fall, as is Jupiter in Gemini. Then the tight square isn't helping matters. Usually mutual reception is beneficial, but not so much when both planets are hamstrung.

I just noticed that Mercury is retrograde, as well. You might be dealing with a person who lives a lot in her/his head, such that it becomes the reality; not so much hard external realities.

I am also struck by Mercury conjunct Saturn and Chiron. Normally this gives feelings of sadness or depression. The Neptune trine will confer a vivid imagination, and perhaps even creative writing ability.

I just think this person's reality-grounding is weak. The Leo moon trine Aries sun-Mars looks energetic and even self-confident; but perhaps, as you suggest, this person promises what s/he cannot deliver.

I don't see a hard-core pathological liar, which I would associate more with a stressed-out 12th house. More someone with a weak grounding in basic reality.

Mj66

Thanks for that perspective Waybread-
I believe that perspective is definitely closer to the truth. I prefer to see my friend as maybe a bit wishful in thinking. Maybe even somewhat naïve.

mercuryforward

interesting discussion which I only saw after I already posted about how to spot liars.

I see here the South Node in 4rh house of family and emotional intimacy squaring the Moon in 1st close to Asc. This Moon rules the 12th house. And it opposes Venus, ruler of both 3rd (communication, friends, siblings, neighborhoods, childhood environment) in the 7th, the house of relationships. And this opposition points toNeptune in 4th. This Neptune colors both the personality and relationships. There’s going to be a lot of projection (Moon in 1st ruling 12 house, the house of Neptune, delusions and fantasies) opposing Venus in 7th. Oppositions on that axis involve projections. There is some troublesome childhood stuff perhaps? The North and South Nodes - subconscious issues, both karmic and newer ideals to be worked toward - under stress in 4/10 axis, this is all challenging. I think when looking for issues concerning consciousness we really need to look at the nodes and let the software insert those aspect lines for true and descendant nodes.
Such an interesting chart.