how do you personally view a cancer mc?

iSelf

Ahah, that would mean that most Libra risings don't have possibilities to reach high positions.

Cancer MC really depends on the positionment of the moon. But think like this, if cancer seeks protection and security, a cancer MC (with a chart that has the necessary potential) would seek protection in authority itself, that is to say, would act a bit like a Capricornian, but with a more distant, and self protective atitude. In some instances, this can actually be good, since if you demonstrate competence, people will trust in you, and given the fact of the MC being Cancer, people wouldn't complain about you coming in ''too strong'', like a Capricorn, making you more trustable.
This is what I think. It really depends on the chart configuration, though.

R4VEN

I find Cancer MC interesting - and elusive. I guess this is the self-protective Cancer factor.

The following people apparently have (or had, in the case of the no-longer-living) Cancer MC:

• Bill Clinton
  • John F Kennedy
  • President Mitterand (former President of France)
  • Mahatma Ghandi
  • Cat Stevens
  • Yoko Ono
  • Justine Henin (Belgian tennis player)
  • Monica Lewinsky
In all the above mother/nurturing has played an important role in their development. That is, their sense of being safe - or not - in the world has been defined by their early relationship with mother. Their role in the world at large is influenced - usually unconsciously - by this primal relationship. There may also be times in their life when they have a need to protect their reputation. They may have an unconscious connection to the feelings of others, and if they choose a creative/artistic career, then this can be detected in their work.

Work chosen may reflect Cancerian values, such as caring for and nurturing others. It may also be connected to the home or the home life. A lot will depend upon natal Moon sign and house, etc.

A couple of people close to me with Cancer MC both had strong primary relationships with their mothers, and both have very solid connections to their sense of career and life purpose. Both use language and relating (Libra Rising) in their work. One is a uni lecturer, while the other works in in serving in a coffee and lunch shop.

[I have used Jeanne Avery's The Rising Sign as a source text, but even in there Cancer MC sounds hard to define and so to detect.]

Last edited:

kirlie

In all the above mother/nurturing has played an important role in their development. That is, their sense of being safe - or not - in the world has been defined by their early relationship with mother. Their role in the world at large is influenced - usually unconsciously - by this primal relationship....

Work chosen may reflect Cancerian values, such as caring for and nurturing others. It may also be connected to the home or the home life. A lot will depend upon natal Moon sign and house, etc.

My girlfriend has a Cancer MC. She did have issues with her mother. She always wanted to be emotionally closer to her, then once it looked like they were on the right track her mother passed away. Her Sag moon is right on the cusp of the 2nd/3rd house. She's a middle school PE teacher and she coaches several freshman sports. She absolutely loves her job and being a coach is a large part of her identity. She is very nurturing to her students and they become "her kids" every year. Any store we go to we always run into her former students and they always greet her warmly. She will never be rich doing what she is doing, but she's in a job that she loves and is very good at least partly because she has a Cancer MC.

LittleMiss

I have a friend with Cancer MC, and she does not have a close emotional bond with mother... Rather quite the opposite, I don't think they ever share close emotions. But she do have a serious attitude towards her vocation... (But she is a Taurus sun also, and moon in sag). But can Cancer MC be interpreted as the mother beeing more of an authority figure? Just guessing here, this got me a bit confused.

R4VEN

I have a friend with Cancer MC, and she does not have a close emotional bond with mother... Rather quite the opposite, I don't think they ever share close emotions. But she do have a serious attitude towards her vocation... (But she is a Taurus sun also, and moon in sag). But can Cancer MC be interpreted as the mother beeing more of an authority figure? Just guessing here, this got me a bit confused.
Having a Cancer MC does not necessarily determine the nature of the `bond' with the mother, but rather the experience a person has with their early relationship with the mother usually determines their approach to the world at large. For instance, the person I mentioned in post #3 who is a uni lecturer is my oldest brother. He experienced our mother as being very supportive of him, and giving him a sense that he could do whatever he wanted to do cos he was terrific (I had a totally different experience of her!!), so he set his sights high, but never lost sight of the need to be available and nurturing to his students.

Everybody's experience of mother is different, but a Cancer MC will have their 10th house matters influenced by how they received her, or saw her. And another `for instance' - Belgian tennis player, Justine Henin, lost her mother when she was 12 or so. Her ambition was fueled by this loss, almost as though she was playing for her mother.

In your friend's case, LittleMiss, the poor bond with mother has worked in the same way as my brother's close bond with his mother. When my brother was doing his PhD, it was almost like he was trying to make his mother proud of him, where another person may be motivated by doing well despite how their mother may respond.

Everyone's experience is different.

LittleMiss

R4VEN:

Aha, I think I understand: - Cancer on the MC indicates that the mother (symolised by Cancer) affects how the person comes out to the public world (MC)?
I think I see what you mean by your examples. It got me thinking - my friend has a very serious attitude towards her vocation - maybe as a way to get her mothers aproval also? And I think that work/vocation is a big subject for conversation in her family. And allthough she does'n share a very expressiv - emotional bond with her mother,the mother affects how she feels about herself a great deal, and is a big part of my friends life.

Yes, everyones experience is different, that is what makes astrology so interesting! :biggrin:

R4VEN

Aha, I think I understand: - Cancer on the MC indicates that the mother (symolised by Cancer) affects how the person comes out to the public world (MC)?
LittleMiss, that is a very, very clear description of what I took too many words to say!!
I think I see what you mean by your examples. It got me thinking - my friend has a very serious attitude towards her vocation - maybe as a way to get her mothers aproval also? And I think that work/vocation is a big subject for conversation in her family. And allthough she does'n share a very expressiv - emotional bond with her mother,the mother affects how she feels about herself a great deal, and is a big part of my friends life.
And I think you have described your friend's situation with Cancer MC really well. With career being a big topic of conversation in her family, it is obviously high on their list of values, so your friend is motivated to do well in this area of her life.

LittleMiss

LittleMiss, that is a very, very clear description of what I took too many words to say!!

And I think you have described your friend's situation with Cancer MC really well. With career being a big topic of conversation in her family, it is obviously high on their list of values, so your friend is motivated to do well in this area of her life.

Thank you R4VEN!! I learned something new here, very greatfull! :biggrin:

You all have it wrong. The MC represents the relationship with the father, not the mother. Also, people with a Cancer MC often have a Capricorn IC, meaning a cold, distant relationship with the mother and strictness growing up and in the family household. So kind of the opposite of what you've said