Moon Conjunct Saturn...mother as enemy?

Starsareround

Okay, deep breath. I wasn't sure if I was comfortable posting about this, but I'm here to improve myself, my life, and there's no use tip-toeing around the biggest sorrow of my chart/life. My poor mom, I'm not villainizing her. She had an absolutely horrible childhood and a probable mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed or treated. But. Here I am trying once again to salvage our relationship, which I have tried to do many times before. I don't even want to go into the details of what she has done in the past, but believe me, it's not anything you have heard before. I forgive her, and I guess deep down, I love her, but I'm scared of her, and I don't really know if it's in my best interest to have her in my life. Please let me know if anything in the chart gives clues in how to move forward.

astro_w2gw_xxxxx.71303.124072.png

Oddity

The moon is a generic signature for mothers, but for night births, Venus often indicates the mother. The tenth house has relation to the mother in any chart.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but it looks like your MC sits perilously close to Algol, a star that indicates losing one's head - sometimes literally, often metaphorically.

And you've got moon-Venus-Saturn all scrunched together in 12 in Saturn's detriment. Mum's not all that great, to put it mildly.

That configuration doesn't connect to anything else in your chart, though. You two don't see each other properly, I don't know if you can. I would tend to think not, and as you are the child, it's going to hit you a lot harder.

It is up to you what you do, of course. Making peace as best you can, that may be a good thing. As to interaction, how much obligation do you feel towards her, and how much of that is real obligation?

Do what you need to do.

Starsareround

Thank you for your reply, Oddity.

It's true that we don't see each other clearly. It's uncanny and a relief that you spotted that in the chart. I guess there's no obvious resolution? I wish I came across as a petulant brat in the chart so at least I'd stand a chance of improving the relationship through self improvement. One of my brothers has been estranged from her for 20 years, and I think he made the right decision. I've silenced my relationship with her off and on throughout the years, and the times I've opened the door to her, she's come roaring back to wreak havoc on my life. I feel like it's a classic case of her feeling threatened by me and competitive. So if she is represented by Venus and the 10th, does that also mean I will be drawn to encounter similar themes and/or be affected by my relationship with her in my worldly status/career and love relationships? I guess the obvious answer is yes, that our imprinting relationship with our mother will impact well...everything in everyone's life.

To all whom this applies: Let's be the best mothers that we can be. IT'S IMPORTANT.

Gemini888

Regarding Oddity's answer about Venus: I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a night chart, and my Venus is in Taurus in 1H. It's also unaspected, the only aspect it has is an inconjunct to Jupiter. What do you think about it?