General comments about medicine and drugs

Kingsley

Re: Heath ledger dead

I know someone that used to swallow vast numbers of stillnox. It's not something I thought that could kill you. There are some pretty weird side effects including sleep walking.

I heard that he was suffering from pneumonia at the time (perth ABC Radio)

If suicide was an intention, sometimes massage or cleaning ladies coming the next day deosn't really figure into the equation at the actual time.

doesn't matter really now does it?

kingsley

Kingsley

Ambien or stilnox has been known to make people do some pretty weird things. I have heard first hand reports of hallucinating, sleep walking, eating food in the fridge without knowing it and many more examples which are probably on the internet if you go search.

It is possible that he "woke up" and swallowed more pills.

People do kill themselves in suicidal acts and that has nothing to do with who is coming around. Its only the ones that don't really wish to kill themselves that think about the masseusse appointment and refrain for a better time. Some purposely kill themselves so that particular people will have to find them and clean up the mess but not in Heaths case.

k

God i HATE pharmaceutical companies.....this is the site i got the above from....look at the possible side effects from "getting off this drug"........(ambien)

http://www.prozactruth.com/ambien.htm

I am utterly disgusted and hope the person that put heath on this stuff is having really sleepless nights......talk about bloody drug dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(F@#% i really HATE pharmaceuticals at times, if you hadnt worked that out!)

Natasha

Our media have extracted every possible gram of coverage over Heath
It has gone on for days
I find our media not to care at all but just be interested in pushing the most extreme and dramatic version of an event.
They often do not bother about the facts but focus of grandiosing their own personal points of view.
They think we should be preached to by them and facts are inconsequential
We usually hear their own politically correct latte set values trotted out.
I have paid little attention to their ravings expect to try to find any relevant facts - eg which have been mentioned here
Our journalists come to the TV or paper to push their own set of values (the bleeding heart do-gooder variety) or love to exaggerate or make wild assumptions or play up any issue to make it larger than it alread it

I know jouralists around the world do play up facts but we here dont get facts we get some journalists opinion and point of view rammed at us

I know some of this is not ALL relevant to this particular events but I am so over reading or watching them it irks me to bother

VenusInAries

No Natasha I agree with you 100%...it upsets me that they say things with complete disregard that people are gonna believe them and not question it.. well alot of people will and I have been guilty myself of that but really there is a lot to be questioned by what gets put out there and why they put it out the way they do.

Moulin

yep

pharmaceutical companies are money orientated babe.

People are obviously gullible enough to buy it :p

sue them all, l say.
Liquid Green said:
God i HATE pharmaceutical companies.....this is the site i got the above from....look at the possible side effects from "getting off this drug"........(ambien)

http://www.prozactruth.com/ambien.htm

I am utterly disgusted and hope the person that put heath on this stuff is having really sleepless nights......talk about bloody drug dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(F@#% i really HATE pharmaceuticals at times, if you hadnt worked that out!)

Last edited by a moderator:

i know all about there money games, but the thing is that people hold doctors as GODS, somewhat.........people dont question them on average.....why are these types of drugs legal..........?
Sue them alright.....

Look i have to stop ranting.....i have no astro here at all.......hopefully someone can work with the info I am finding though

archergirl

Keith Moon, late drummer for The Who, died in much the same way: taking way too many of a drug he was prescribed (in his case, for alcohol withdrawal symptoms). His philosophy was: if one works well, more will work even better. He got so doped up that he would forget he'd already taken his dose for the day. He wound up with something like 70 of the tablets in his system when he died, I think.

In Heath's case, he had mentioned in an interview in November that he was only able to sleep for about two hours at a time. He may have been popping more and more pills to try to get an effective dose to help him sleep. Drug overload isn't that uncommon; it's not necessarily suicide (although considering everything else going on in Heath's life, who knows?), just a sort of stupidity as far as taking prescriptions goes. But apparently they found 26 undigested pills in his stomach, and that seems just a little suspect to me.

Meditation and therapy might have helped him more, alas.

AG :)

Last edited:
can you show your source for what they apparently found in stomach please AG.(number of pills) His pill containers have repeatedly been said by the media to be full...or in accordance with his prescriptions.
How anyone can know the findings of his autopsy report i find hard to believe.........also the fact that they were undidgested says a lot to me, if indeed your claims are true... (if they are undigested then perhaps they hadnt been there long? those drugs are supposed to take efffect quickly and are digested in the same manner......i have been the study of too many clinical drug trials to believe a word of what you are saying.....in england and i was paid......!)

Last edited:

Derestanne

The state of prescription drugs in the United States appears to be rapidly breaking down into chaos. The Health Care System is dangerously disfunctional now and the public remains under-educated and confused concerning which drugs are truly safe and effective and which ones are doing more harm than good. From pain medications with metal shavings in the tablets to children's cold formulas, health and wellness is on an ice-slick slippery slope.

Michael Moore's Documentary "Sicko" is a must see and I find it very significant that Sicko became available on DVD within weeks after Saturn moved into Virgo.

This week's news was full of more sad pharmaceutical stories. We had a young girl who was injected with at least five different immunizations in one day and promptly developed Autism. The US Government has been fighting and denying allegations for years that there is any link between immunizations and Autism. In this particular case, the Gov't has been forced to concede a connection!

Then CBS News reported that Hospitals were switching drugs to Merck manufactured products, sometimes with detrimental effects on patients, in exchange for receiving favored pricing from Merck. Merck will now have to pay over $600 million dollars in penalties.

New drugs are being rushed to market without adequate study and testing. Year 2005 in particular saw a big increase in pharmaceutical recalls and lawsuits in the USA. Effectively, the human population has become a vast pool of unwitting guinea pigs. Saturn in Virgo is saying it's time for everyone to get wise about what we are eating, drinking and injecting.

I personally believe that in the US, we need a privately funded (donations) emergency program to quickly establish more Free Clinics. Waiting around for the Gov't to get it's act together will likely result in millions more unnecessary deaths and the continuing spread of contagious disease. The big corporate health care providers would be opposed to the establishment of more Free Clinics and that is their problem! It is really phony that "Right To Life" means everything where Abortion is concerned but it means absolutely nothing when we are speaking about the right of middle class adults to remain alive and healthy.