Another chiron question...

07.Re

Hi all

My youngest son has chiron placed in the 12H / Sag.

What I find interesting is that it conjuncts Pluto and Venus and quintiles Mars. It also makes an opposition to Jupiter in the 6H / Gemini.

I have read that the Pluto / Chiron energy can cause one to act in a domineering manner, but would this energy be stifled in the 12th H?

Many thanks

Last edited:

R4VEN

07.Re, I cannot resist a Chiron question. For me, it is like a sickness!!!!!!! Learning about Chiron has helped me flesh out my own natal chart, and has given reason and perspective to many of the life circumstances which have otherwise been bewildering for me.

A 12th house Chiron is about tuning in to the collective wounds/pain. People with a 12th house Chiron are natural healers/counsellors/helpers-of-others. They `feel' what others feel. As with your son with the 12th house Neptune, this boy may be really naturally compassionate, and intuitively know when someone is upset or hurt. He will have to have boundary-training (for want of a better word) because he may allow others to take advantage of him - or the other way around. As he gets older, he may show an ability for just knowing who to talk to or who to avoid. This is a healing gift, and he will need guidance with it.

The 12th house Pluto is a `contained power' placement, and the venus is about his `secret love life'. Much of his 12th house will begin to energe as he gets to adulthood, but the true strength and depth of it will probably take longer.

As to the aspects:

• I like that Chiron-Mars quintile, particularly with Mars being in the 10th house, and Mars forms a trine with neptune. He may have a strong intuitive drive to do `something' with his life - he will know what, when, how.
  • The conjunctions to Pluto and Venus will mean that he can use the energies of both these forces to bring balance to what he does with Chiron. Pluto is transformative, while Venus is feminine and balanced.
He may use art to help him bring this energy out into the world. His first Chiron square takes place between ages 13-15, so whatever he experiences during this time can give an indication of what this conjunction is about for him. The feminine and masculine energies are really badly out of balance in the world, and children like your son have the capability of bringing some balance to this. Of course he will not do this alone. His generation will have this as a major task.

And as to your question about misuse of Pluto, he is unlikely to do this, but being a Scorpio sun, he just may give it a try. If he does, then you are there as his guide. With this being in the 12th, his most likley negative expression of a Chiron-Pluto conjunction would be towards self-destructive behaviour - which is actually a desire for healing and transformation. Keep in mind that he has brought with him `stuff' from other incarnations with the view to sorting it out this time. Not everything he is and does is a reflection on you and his father. He also has soul heredity. (One of my 30-something sons has 5 planets plus MNN in the 12th, and he has taught me that this is indeed so. He `remembers' incarnations when he was a bad, bad dude! He has Pluto-Sun conj in the 12th - time to ensure transformation.)

I would really recommend you get Barbara Hand Clow's book on Chiron. It is readily available at spiritual bookshops, and although she wrote it over 20 years ago (my edition was from 1994) it resonates. She has a very right-brain way of writing which I like, but many find confusing.

07.Re

07.Re, I cannot resist a Chiron question. For me, it is like a sickness!!!!!!! Learning about Chiron has helped me flesh out my own natal chart, and has given reason and perspective to many of the life circumstances which have otherwise been bewildering for me...

Your knowledge of Chiron is astounding and I appreciate your valuable input.

A 12th house Chiron is about tuning in to the collective wounds/pain. People with a 12th house Chiron are natural healers/counsellors/helpers-of-others. They `feel' what others feel. As with your son with the 12th house Neptune, this boy may be really naturally compassionate, and intuitively know when someone is upset or hurt. He will have to have boundary-training (for want of a better word) because he may allow others to take advantage of him - or the other way around. As he gets older, he may show an ability for just knowing who to talk to or who to avoid. This is a healing gift, and he will need guidance with it..

I have been told by his teacher that when a child is not well or is feeling "off", my son becomes empathetic and considerate of them and will try to do something to alleviate their discomfort. So even at the young age of 9, he picks up on this energy.

The feminine and masculine energies are really badly out of balance in the world, and children like your son have the capability of bringing some balance to this. Of course he will not do this alone. His generation will have this as a major task.

I'd be interested to hear more about this...

He also has soul heredity. (One of my 30-something sons has 5 planets plus MNN in the 12th, and he has taught me that this is indeed so. He `remembers' incarnations when he was a bad, bad dude! He has Pluto-Sun conj in the 12th - time to ensure transformation.)...

This is fascinating! My boys sure do have interesting placements of Chiron in both their charts. Its almost as if they are "older souls" being born to "younger" souls (hubby and me).... if thats possible.

I would really recommend you get Barbara Hand Clow's book on Chiron. It is readily available at spiritual bookshops, and although she wrote it over 20 years ago (my edition was from 1994) it resonates. She has a very right-brain way of writing which I like, but many find confusing.

I live in a small town which doesn't have any special book shops.. I will try to source it online or alternatively make a trip to Brisbane soon and purchase it there.

Thanks R4ven...

R4VEN

Is this the book R4ven?

Chiron: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner & Outer Planets
Yes it is.

Another book of hers which I found astounding - and helped me to really make sense of astrology in a spiritual - rather than an intellectual - way is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Light-Sex-Kundalini-Transitions/dp/1879181746

And you don't have to be `struggling with a mid-life crisis' in order to benefit from it. I was several years past any sort of mid-life transition when I read it, and it made so much sense. Gail Sheehy (not sure of spelling) wrote a book called "Passages", outlining the different stages of life and what to expect, but in a self-help, psychological way. Hand Clow's Liquid Light Of Sex shows the same thing, but using the astrology of the cycles of Saturn, Chiron and Uranus. The two Hand Clow books together will tell you a lot about astrology that the formal learning only touches upon.

PS: Will PM you about this masculine/feminine balance thing when the temperatures in this city drop to decent living weather. Today it got to 43, and my brain is liquid!!

07.Re

Yes it is.

Another book of hers which I found astounding - and helped me to really make sense of astrology in a spiritual - rather than an intellectual - way is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Light-Sex-Kundalini-Transitions/dp/1879181746

And you don't have to be `struggling with a mid-life crisis' in order to benefit from it. I was several years past any sort of mid-life transition when I read it, and it made so much sense. Gail Sheehy (not sure of spelling) wrote a book called "Passages", outlining the different stages of life and what to expect, but in a self-help, psychological way. Hand Clow's Liquid Light Of Sex shows the same thing, but using the astrology of the cycles of Saturn, Chiron and Uranus. The two Hand Clow books together will tell you a lot about astrology that the formal learning only touches upon.

PS: Will PM you about this masculine/feminine balance thing when the temperatures in this city drop to decent living weather. Today it got to 43, and my brain is liquid!!

This heat is a shocker! You can put me in Tassie any day!

Thanks for those recommendations... I will certainly look into it. I was just googling Kundalini energy as I have never heard of anything like that before... very interesting.

Looking forward to your PM... until then try and stay cool :cool: