Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Lykanized

My memory about it is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I took it at one of those big white computer terminals with a black screen and green type. I think I had to rate statements, similar to a MBTI personality test. I don't remember all the parameters it measured. I remember the sociopathy category (or it could have been antisocial or something similar) because I saw I had a percentage in it, and I was alarmed and asked about it. I was told my score was actually lower than average, and I shouldn't worry.
Have you considered dark preoccupations might actually mean you're just being honest with yourself? I'd think someone who has dark preoccupations hidden within them would be more likely to actually be some flavor of crazy. at least if you're aware of it, you can delve into it

This is coming from someone who's probably been far worse on the end of dark preoccupations than anyone here, but I'm also very empathic

ynnest

They say that there's nothing in Scripture about Ascension of the material form as a result of the Rapture. The souls alone will go up to Heaven, not their bodies. Dead bodies left behind, for those who remain to bury.

Ascension is from my perspective in many ways about breaking the death cycle and thereby being able to take in higher frequency of free energy (light) through the body thus expanding ones scope of possibilities in terms of abilities and experiences of what reality is beyond the narrow range of visible light (physical world) we have been programmed to see and experience.

Y

Last edited:

Lykanized

What do I mean by flamboyant Mercury? It's colourful, exuberant, creative, vibrant, energetic and "intense". I know you like to attribute a lot of your mental characteristics to having Pluto in your 3rd, but I think that placement is not the main engine behind your idiosyncratic expression.

"Good" is too vague and simplistic a word to describe what I mean - and the state of your Mercury is anything but one-dimensional . The words prolific and loud capture better my meaning. It's a highly expressive and powerful Mercury. It will have a pervasive presence in your life - I feel this is stating the obvious.

My view of retrograde planets is that they are mixture of idiosyncratic, and internalized energies. The Vedics view them as stronger because they are actually closer to the Earth when they are in retrograde motion, thus having a greater energetic stamp on the natives born at that time. I don't have any retrogrades myself so I don't have any personal experience with the energetic pattern.

Which is another interesting thing that is apparent with your Merc - not only is it retrograde, and it also connected with the three outers, which are all retrograde as well. So not only is your Mercury idiosyncratic and interior, but the energies that signify as a class those elements of the human experience that fall beyond order and boundary are all internalized, idiosyncratically handled and find themselves manifesting mostly through your Mercury - yes, I agree that your Mercury is afflicted and we've seen how that has manifested through the various issues you've had surrounding depression, your mental disorders, drug abuse and so on. Being so constantly bombarded by those destabilizing energies might have had the effect of permanently scarring you and "opening you up" - you have no choice but to take part in those deeper psychological and spiritual processes because you don't have the "luxury" of developing a Saturnian membrane that allows you to file away all the chaotic, ungovernable messiness that lies beyond the barrier of societal order and "normalcy".

Chiron in 12th might actually be a mirror to this - a wound that lies within the depth of the unconscious. An opening to the "nether realm" that will never heal.

And then your Mercury is in the sign of Cancer - a watery sign. The most difficult element to direct since it deals with the emotions and intuitions. Even in the tradition since Phlegmatics were seen as the least likely to have worldly success since they were so ruled by their desire nature and lacked the discipline to keep on a track long enough to completion.

Then, your Mercury is close to a powerful fixed star - Sirius, the dogstar.
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sirius.html

All of this and your Moon/Mars on the AC wasn't even added yet in regard to its connection to your Mercury.

The thing to bare in mind is that your Mercury is not merely another planet in your chart - but your ascendant ruler. So this goes much deeper than just how your mind works, but in fact how your personality structure is constituted.

And there was no need to bring in the 12th house, 8th house or Scorpio into the mix. It's all right there in the chart - it's just not the instant ramen style that is dominant on the web.

It's a complex Mercury, and it rules your ascendant. It's safe to say that you're a complex person.
Thank you for this btw, it helped me a lot
I'm not sure if I'm quite so prolific, I feel like mentally I am, but as for what I've exposed to the world, I'm not. Maybe that's partially a result of my Mercury being retrograded. It's all inside me but I'm searching for the right ways for me to get it out there and it actually is a necessity for me. It seems like there's nothing, but to me it feels like there's everything and it's just a trial in my 20s of finding the modes of expression

Witchyone

They say that there's nothing in Scripture about Ascension of the material form as a result of the Rapture. The souls alone will go up to Heaven, not their bodies. Dead bodies left behind, for those who remain to bury.

Whoa. That's a gross thought.

I remember that the way it's written is weird. At first he says he saw something that was going to happen, and described that. Then he started another thing that seemed to be a metaphor for what had already happened. Then he goes back into what seems to be prediction, I think... It's been a while. Anyway, there is something about 144,000 people, 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel getting saved. I could never figure out if those people were going to be raptured or if they were God's army in Armageddon. At any rate, the whole thing was clearly dreamed up by a man from a long time ago who had no idea how big the world population was going to get. I think he thought those events were coming in his life time. I think the beasts he saw were people who were alive at the time, kind of like political parody, and those receiving the letters would have understood.

Witchyone

Have you considered dark preoccupations might actually mean you're just being honest with yourself? I'd think someone who has dark preoccupations hidden within them would be more likely to actually be some flavor of crazy. at least if you're aware of it, you can delve into it

This is coming from someone who's probably been far worse on the end of dark preoccupations than anyone here, but I'm also very empathic

That's true. I don't try to hide that part of myself although I am a private person, so I don't advertise it either. I did hide it when I was a kid. I was in college when I first started grappling with depression, rage, and shame, seeing them for what they were. What was really wrong with me then was I was breaking out of a lifestyle that made me live a lie, and I was struggling with that.

david starling

Whoa. That's a gross thought.

I remember that the way it's written is weird. At first he says he saw something that was going to happen, and described that. Then he started another thing that seemed to be a metaphor for what had already happened. Then he goes back into what seems to be prediction, I think... It's been a while. Anyway, there is something about 144,000 people, 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel getting saved. I could never figure out if those people were going to be raptured or if they were God's army in Armageddon. At any rate, the whole thing was clearly dreamed up by a man from a long time ago who had no idea how big the world population was going to get. I think he thought those events were coming in his life time. I think the beasts he saw were people who were alive at the time, kind of like political parody, and those receiving the letters would have understood.

There's a joke about Darby's version, in which the fortunate few Ascend without warning, leaving only a pile of clothing behind--Wear clean underwear at all times, because your clothes will be all they'll have to remember you by. :smile:

Witchyone

There's a joke about Darby's version, in which the fortunate few Ascend without warning, leaving only a pile of clothing behind--Wear clean underwear at all times, because your clothes will be all they'll have to remember you by. :smile:

Have you heard of the HBO series The Leftovers? There's a whole season of it that I haven't seen yet, so please nobody spoil me! Anyway, it starts off after what seems to be the rapture. A big portion of the population just disappears all at once. But there is no explanation from God or anyone else. Life just goes on, and that really screws up people's minds.

david starling

Speaking of the huge increase in population, I attribute this increased fecundity to the tropical Ages sequence, in which Mars and Aries are the "resolving" ruler and "reconciling" Sign for the Earth, during foreground Capricorn and background Sagittarius from about 400 A.D. onwards.
Also, on the Kabbalahist Tree of Life diagram, relating the 10th Sephirot to Capricorn as the 10th astrological Sign, Capricorn is about Incarnation. In the base-ten version, it's a repeating loop, with Sign #10 converting numerologically to Sign #1 (1+0=1), and then returning down the Tree to 10 and converting to 1 again as a continuous flow of astral energy.

Last edited:

david starling

Have you heard of the HBO series The Leftovers? There's a whole season of it that I haven't seen yet, so please nobody spoil me! Anyway, it starts off after what seems to be the rapture. A big portion of the population just disappears all at once. But there is no explanation from God or anyone else. Life just goes on, and that really screws up people's minds.

Sounds like a spoof. Is it a comedy?

david starling

The title reminds me of the REALLY dark theme that extraterrestrials consider us a food source, and were either "culling the herd" or picking up only the choicest of the lot. :sick:

Lykanized

That's true. I don't try to hide that part of myself although I am a private person, so I don't advertise it either. I did hide it when I was a kid. I was in college when I first started grappling with depression, rage, and shame, seeing them for what they were. What was really wrong with me then was I was breaking out of a lifestyle that made me live a lie, and I was struggling with that.
Oh depression, rage, and shame. I grew up with those personally, but the scary kinda darkness...That I try to hide until I trust people. I try not to hide it from my own self tho. I feel like once we do that give things more control and power over us and that can be pretty dangerous and at least unsavory
If we're talking raw darkness, I had a draw to dark concepts as well as death since I was a child, mainly because they were mysterious. And I can relate to being fascinated by serial killers, but on a psychological level

In fiction, I'm drawn to evil and good being explored, where the line is, how one melds into the other, what each even is, if anyone is truly evil even if they do evil things. In writing I'm gonna explore those too. Honestly the typical hero protagonist is pretty boring anyway. Can't really learn much from them if they're good and only good