Looking for a place where I will belong and embrace my masculinity

HoldOrFold

Yes but what has a greater influence - astrology or the local culture?

Good question. Local culture and the physical location itself have to be very important. For instance, if you have your best astrological location in the middle of the sea, that's not going to do anything for you. Or if it were on-land but devoid of people save some isolated tribe, that's probably not going to do much for you either in the conventional sense.

Also, mundane astrological climate would override a lot of influence, i.e. imagine all the Jews in Germany during WWII. Many would have been having great personal transits and yet they would have all been persecuted for the most part. The ones with better transits probably had an 'easier' time of it compared to others, but it would have been terrible nonetheless in comparison to their earlier life condition.

That said, I was reading something by Julian Lee about a client of his who didn't want to move to a location because she thought the politics or culture of the location was contrary to her nature. But he persuaded her to check it out based on the chart, and it turned out she had very good experiences there.

So it's a bit of both, I'd leave some room to be suprised but also respect your intuition and common sense.

If I find Slavic and British people not passionate enough, Germany will be the same lonely experience as the Netherlands

Our perceptions of cultures are also surely coloured by our chart conditions, for example in the UK I find the culture is not reserved at all. I was born in Canada but moved to London when I was 13, and I've come back to Canada for a few months here and there. I find Brits to be much less reserved and much more open than Canadians. Infact, Britain is the country in Europe which is notorious in many places for hooliganism, rowdiness and crass behaviour. Just do a search for "brits in magaluf" to see an example of this. Perhaps I've been exposed to a lot more of this due to Mars close to the Asc and Sun in the 5th in Britain which goes to show our perceptions of a place and the culture should be influenced by the configurations there.

I feel like I need to isolate myself...

I want to focus on myself, I don't think being around people and talking to them will help me with that as it switches my focus on them.

I need small talk with strangers, which is more possible in the South of Europe.

If you're going for the latter... and feel Northern Europe won't provide that then just cross it off the list and just focus on Mediterranian places to simplify things. Would you consider South America as well? You might have some good places there too.