Synastry full of Oppositions. Do I run or stay?

Hey all astrologers - I have just met a new guy and decided to do a check on our synastry. I am not very advanced with reading the charts so wondered if anyone could please take a look and let me know if it's a run for the hills scenario? I know oppositions aren't great for harmonic relationships however do I have something to learn here?

There is also a Sun opposition to Sun Moon midpoint? Can anyone explain if this is fated aspect?

Attachments

• WAT-WJ wheel chart.jpg
    WAT-WJ wheel chart.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66

ElenaJ

Sorry, this chart format is very hard to read, can you possibly repost with a chart from astro.com? Thanks.

Sorry, this chart format is very hard to read, can you possibly repost with a chart from astro.com? Thanks.

Hi Elena,

Thankyou for your reply.

I've tried 3 different sites to get a look at the Synastry between us. I have another site horoscopeyourself.com that shows a Sun opposition Sun-Moon midpoint I'm wondering if you can see this aspect on this wheel chart? From what I've read this aspect is a strong and binding one for a long term relationship? I'd be interested to hear what you think?

Please take into consideration that I don't know his exact birth time so have put in 12 noon as astro.com doesn't allow you to generate the wheel chart unless you have a birth time.

I see that our synastry has an abundance of oppositions & at least 4 red flag aspects:

Venus Opp Pluto
Mars Sq Mars
Venus Sq Uranus
Mars Sq Saturn

Is this a fated connection and nothing more?
Are their any good aspects that can outweigh the red flags?
Bottom line do we have some potential for a long term union? I'd really value your feedback and insight. :)

Attachments

• WAT - WJ astro.com Chart wheel.png
    WAT - WJ astro.com Chart wheel.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 41

ElenaJ

" as astro.com doesn't allow you to generate the wheel chart unless you have a birth time. "

You can enter noon as a birth time. In this way you won't be more than 6 hours off one way or the other.
Sorry but the charts you post have no indications of degrees, and maybe others will be more capable than me, but I can't read this chart... literally, not in the sense of interpretation.
Can you try again? Or post the birth data.

" as astro.com doesn't allow you to generate the wheel chart unless you have a birth time. "

You can enter noon as a birth time. In this way you won't be more than 6 hours off one way or the other.
Sorry but the charts you post have no indications of degrees, and maybe others will be more capable than me, but I can't read this chart... literally, not in the sense of interpretation.
Can you try again? Or post the birth data.

Oh that's strange that you can't read.

His birth data is: 24/11/86 Houston Texas - no birth time
My birth data is: 16/06/69 Kalgoorlie Western Australia 3:32pm

If you could create a wheel and give me an indication of what you might see taking all my queries into consideration that would be really helpful to me.

I appreciate your replies.

ElenaJ

"Oh that's strange that you can't read"
Sorry, just not capable. No aspects, degrees, lots of colour is pretty, but I really can't make any sense of it. Maybe someone else can help you.
When I have a chance I'll do the charts and take a look.
Cheers

"Oh that's strange that you can't read"
Sorry, just not capable. No aspects, degrees, lots of colour is pretty, but I really can't make any sense of it. Maybe someone else can help you.
When I have a chance I'll do the charts and take a look.
Cheers

That's weird that it's unreadable. I did do it on astro.com like you asked:unsure:

I would really appreciate it if you do get around to do our charts. FYI - his dob is 24/11/85 not 86 as I orginally thought. I would really appreciate your insights.

Thanks for replying

ElenaJ

In any synastry chart, the placement of the ascendent and descendent with respect to the others charts is very important. The ascendent is how we project ourselves into the world, and the descendent is what we are looking for in our partner. In your case, without a birth time for him, we are working at a large disadvantage, a big chunk of info is missing, to evaluate how the two of you attract and fit into each others puzzle of life.
Keeping this limitation in mind, working with only your known birth time, what pops out immediately is the massing of his planets on your ascendent.
This is a powerful attraction. He has Saturn/sun/mercury/Uranus in your first house (with sun and Saturn exactly on your ascendent cusp), all resonating with you on a very personal level. Very hard to resist such a powerful pull, it's a reflection of each of you in the other. In addition your mars is exactly there, and sun/mars is a magnetic attraction, physical as well as personal. The mars/saturn conjunction are two energies that don't easy blend so they create tension, and here it would be important to know exactly what that Saturn of his represents in his chart. In general terms, we can also see the importance of the mercury in your 7th that opposes your mars. His sun opposing your mercury shows you pushing your ideas on him, while you two tend to have different view points on things. In your case, with your aggressive (dare we say argumentative?) mars/mercury opposition, you will tend to rattle him not a little, and he will tend to protect himself by suppressing your expression.
Your Venus/saturn conjunction touches his moon, so while on the one hand it is very comfortable being in each other's company, at the same time your Saturn gives him a sense of not-relating on an emotional level, and you being cold towards him. His Pluto is opposing your Venus, very sexy, but over time becomes very controlling. Your Venus on his North node does indicate a love theme in your relationship, and is a very positive contact to have.
His Venus in scorpio, which is a very powerful sign for love and affection, is in your 12th house, so he has difficulty expressing his affection for you, and his Venus is not linking up with any of your planets, reinforcing this detachment. Your cancer moon makes a very wide trine to his Venus, and coming from your 8th would tend to stimulate a very strong sexual undercurrent when it is activated.
Your two Jupiter positions don't relate very much, to alleviate some of the heavier energies, that would serve to save the situation when you have conflicts in the air. Which inevitably come up, in the most positive of relationships. In addition, Jupiter is your ascendent ruler, so it would have been nice to see it touching him in some way.
Finally, his Neptune opposing your moon indicates you have some strong illusions about him, that while they last are romantic, but with time they will disappear and you will find yourself with a handful of disappointment.
To confirm all of this, your composite chart has a Venus/saturn conjunction square mars/uranus conjunct, and a sun/neptune square.
Enjoy this one as long as it lasts, but don't order any wedding invitations for the moment.

In any synastry chart, the placement of the ascendent and descendent with respect to the others charts is very important. The ascendent is how we project ourselves into the world, and the descendent is what we are looking for in our partner. In your case, without a birth time for him, we are working at a large disadvantage, a big chunk of info is missing, to evaluate how the two of you attract and fit into each others puzzle of life.
Keeping this limitation in mind, working with only your known birth time, what pops out immediately is the massing of his planets on your ascendent.
This is a powerful attraction. He has Saturn/sun/mercury/Uranus in your first house (with sun and Saturn exactly on your ascendent cusp), all resonating with you on a very personal level. Very hard to resist such a powerful pull, it's a reflection of each of you in the other. In addition your mars is exactly there, and sun/mars is a magnetic attraction, physical as well as personal. The mars/saturn conjunction are two energies that don't easy blend so they create tension, and here it would be important to know exactly what that Saturn of his represents in his chart. In general terms, we can also see the importance of the mercury in your 7th that opposes your mars. His sun opposing your mercury shows you pushing your ideas on him, while you two tend to have different view points on things. In your case, with your aggressive (dare we say argumentative?) mars/mercury opposition, you will tend to rattle him not a little, and he will tend to protect himself by suppressing your expression.
Your Venus/saturn conjunction touches his moon, so while on the one hand it is very comfortable being in each other's company, at the same time your Saturn gives him a sense of not-relating on an emotional level, and you being cold towards him. His Pluto is opposing your Venus, very sexy, but over time becomes very controlling. Your Venus on his North node does indicate a love theme in your relationship, and is a very positive contact to have.
His Venus in scorpio, which is a very powerful sign for love and affection, is in your 12th house, so he has difficulty expressing his affection for you, and his Venus is not linking up with any of your planets, reinforcing this detachment. Your cancer moon makes a very wide trine to his Venus, and coming from your 8th would tend to stimulate a very strong sexual undercurrent when it is activated.
Your two Jupiter positions don't relate very much, to alleviate some of the heavier energies, that would serve to save the situation when you have conflicts in the air. Which inevitably come up, in the most positive of relationships. In addition, Jupiter is your ascendent ruler, so it would have been nice to see it touching him in some way.
Finally, his Neptune opposing your moon indicates you have some strong illusions about him, that while they last are romantic, but with time they will disappear and you will find yourself with a handful of disappointment.
To confirm all of this, your composite chart has a Venus/saturn conjunction square mars/uranus conjunct, and a sun/neptune square.
Enjoy this one as long as it lasts, but don't order any wedding invitations for the moment.

Wow - thankyou I am grateful 1. for doing the charts & 2. for your feedback. It seems there is an undeniable pull towards eachother given by a chance meeting. So it sounds like a union based upon lots of attraction but difficulties for longevity? I did however wonder about aspects such as the Sun trine ascendant, Venus sextile Pluto, Moon trine Pluto or Venus Conjunction Moon offering any love boost??? These are aspects which came up in the horsocopeyourself.com site.

I know you have given a lot of time already but I'd appreciate if you could elaborate?

Thakyou W

ElenaJ

Because we don't have his birth time we can't refer to his ascendent so we don't have a lot of important information, for example we don't know if your sun trines his ascendent.
Yours is 4 sagittarius, and his sun is conjunct, not trine. Which is an attraction, but he also has Saturn there, so sun perks you up and Saturn puts the cover on your expression. They don't cancel each other out, sometimes one is at work and sometimes the other.
His Venus is sextile your Pluto, again a sexy attraction, but your Venus is square his Pluto, sexy but prone to possessiveness and obsession.
Moon trine Pluto is emotionally very intense, Pluto always digs down to get to the root of things and transform, and with emotions it can become very much so. This is an easy aspect, but Pluto is always heavy duty.
The Venus/moon conjunction I did mention before, it is a nice compatibility contact, you feel very comfortable with one another, but again Saturn is there to cool things down, and the moon person finds coldness in Saturn when they really seek an emotional uplift.
The very important missing link here is his birth data. We don't know how any of these aspects effects him (a relationship is two-way, remember), and we don't know if any of your planets link up with his ascendent or descendent.
Keep in mind that one or two aspects do not make or break a relationship. it is the overall picture that is important.
Also, no relationship chart contains all good aspects, that would be very boring and the two persons wouldn't last long together, you need a challenge, you need something that helps you to grow spiritually, otherwise, why be with that other person?
The negatives are sometimes what draw us to another, to explore and to respond from somewhere deep within ourselves, they reflect conflicts inside us that we need (subconsciously) to work on.
You now have some more light on what lies behind the face of your relationship, but it is only you and he who know if this is the type of contact you need, and need now in your stage of inner maturity. In fact, how many times have you heard of two people who re-met after twenty years and hit if off, because the time was ripe and it wasn't before?
Good luck to you, and however you decide to go keep love in mind, it isn't the "fault" of the other, it's the combination that sometimes isn't your destiny. It's in your hands.

Because we don't have his birth time we can't refer to his ascendent so we don't have a lot of important information, for example we don't know if your sun trines his ascendent.
Yours is 4 sagittarius, and his sun is conjunct, not trine. Which is an attraction, but he also has Saturn there, so sun perks you up and Saturn puts the cover on your expression. They don't cancel each other out, sometimes one is at work and sometimes the other.
His Venus is sextile your Pluto, again a sexy attraction, but your Venus is square his Pluto, sexy but prone to possessiveness and obsession.
Moon trine Pluto is emotionally very intense, Pluto always digs down to get to the root of things and transform, and with emotions it can become very much so. This is an easy aspect, but Pluto is always heavy duty.
The Venus/moon conjunction I did mention before, it is a nice compatibility contact, you feel very comfortable with one another, but again Saturn is there to cool things down, and the moon person finds coldness in Saturn when they really seek an emotional uplift.
The very important missing link here is his birth data. We don't know how any of these aspects effects him (a relationship is two-way, remember), and we don't know if any of your planets link up with his ascendent or descendent.
Keep in mind that one or two aspects do not make or break a relationship. it is the overall picture that is important.
Also, no relationship chart contains all good aspects, that would be very boring and the two persons wouldn't last long together, you need a challenge, you need something that helps you to grow spiritually, otherwise, why be with that other person?
The negatives are sometimes what draw us to another, to explore and to respond from somewhere deep within ourselves, they reflect conflicts inside us that we need (subconsciously) to work on.
You now have some more light on what lies behind the face of your relationship, but it is only you and he who know if this is the type of contact you need, and need now in your stage of inner maturity. In fact, how many times have you heard of two people who re-met after twenty years and hit if off, because the time was ripe and it wasn't before?
Good luck to you, and however you decide to go keep love in mind, it isn't the "fault" of the other, it's the combination that sometimes isn't your destiny. It's in your hands.

Thanks so much ElenaJ - really appreciate your time on this and will move forward with better knowledge on this meeting of two souls.

kshantaram

Premium Member
moons cancer-libra square unfriendly lords moon-venus,
emotionally challenging and not compatible to begin with.

moon watery cancer sensitive, intuitive, possessive;

moon airy libra sociable, objective, thoughtful, wavering mind,
stormy anger when provoked.

share ground feedbacks,

kshantaram, wishing well.

ElenaJ

Sorry, can you explain a little more? Their moons are taurus and cancer.
Keep in mind that after the first birth data was written, she corrected the birth year of her partner.