Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Chillaxer's Avatar
Chillaxer Chillaxer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 263
Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Looking at my natal chart, this perplexes me. I feel a lot of vague dreams about travel, and it seems to be a prosperous area for me.

I have fortune in Sagittarius, in the first house. I have the North Node in the ninth house.

This has a clear travel message, and yet I feel an extreme caution and reluctance, and when I think of what interpretations say, that I may find success far away, live abroad and all, I feel I can only do it after I've gotten through a lot here, and also even then I feel caution and a pull to here, even though I know in many ways it's not good for me. Is this the third house, and fourth house planets speaking? When I start to dream of living abroad, it starts out good, and then I just think of all the reasons why it wouldn't be that great, the efforts I'd have to make to be there, it losing it's appeal, etc.


What is going on here, because it definitely isn't that where I am has provided me with luck and that I should love it and want to stay-quite the opposite.

Is it a case of something that seems so unknown that I need to expose myself to in doses, getting bigger and bigger...is it because I'm wanting to go from no travel, straight to going far away or living abroad?

The sign on the cusp of the ninth is Cancer, and it's ruled by the moon exactly opposite, in Capricorn in the third. Intepretations of this would be useful.

How could the third house planets in Cap and Aqua be playing this out?

How about the 4th house in Pisces, with Mercury in there, I heard Pisces was very changeable and about travel, and I guess the traditional ruler is Jupiter. So this again would tie in with travel, and yet......

I think about it from the abstract but don't think I can make it work.

It maybe that second house in Sag is a problem, I have Neptune(ruling the fourth) and Dejanira here(a lot of troubling asteroids to but won't go into them- needless to say it is a weak house for me, as is the fourth)

So could this be dreaming of travel, valuing it and desiring it, feeling possessive of foreign things, but not actually going, indeed interfering, on this basis, with actual trips and personal involvement?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_01_jj.37162.18819.jpg (109.8 KB, 21 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-17-2016, 11:24 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

My guess -

The north node in a natal chart is a sensitive point of the unknown. It is unfamiliar. That's why you are scared to go there. But you need to. You have lots of planets in the 3rd and you can always go back to that, but every now and then you need to slowly move forward into whatever that 9th house is calling you to do (in your case you are saying travel).

If u look at modern astrology pluto (you) squares 9th house ruler moon.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Chillaxer (11-17-2016)
  #3  
Unread 11-17-2016, 01:08 PM
WannaBeSag WannaBeSag is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 35
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Hi Chillaxer

Your chart makes a lot of sense to me…

Your 9th house is in Cancer and has no planets in it. Its ruler is Moon, who scuppered off into the 3rd, the house of, among others, neighbourhood and short trips. This Moon is also in Capricorn which is happiest when it can retreat into a cool and dark place and it dislikes exploring! I know this because I've got one of those too. The Moon is also receiving a hard aspect from Pluto, not sure what that means though. Fear of the unknowable?

I need to tell you that I use hellenistic astrology and whole sign houses. So all of Scorpio is your 1st house, Sagittarius 2nd, Capricorn 3rd, Aquarius 4th, Pisces 5th, etc

So from that angle:

Your North Node is in the 10th for me. Maybe you could contemplate focussing on your career/life direction more as that may be your true calling?

And Fortune is in the 2nd whole sign house...auspicious!

The 4th has the Sun and Mars in it, a strong house with a root in the "mother-land"?

5th a creative expressive Mercury.

Finally, with a good measure of fixed signs and points in your chart, as well as a Scorpio rising I don’t see the wanderlust that much.

I hope this helps and I didn’t shock you with the whole sign houses…

If you prefer to use your usual house system then the last thing I may add is that the signs of Leo and Aquarius are encapsulated (scientific term!) into their respective houses (9th and 3rd) at least that's what it looks like on the chart.

Last edited by WannaBeSag; 11-17-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBeSag For This Useful Post:
Chillaxer (11-17-2016)
  #4  
Unread 11-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Chillaxer's Avatar
Chillaxer Chillaxer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 263
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeSag View Post
Hi Chillaxer

Your chart makes a lot of sense to me…

Your 9th house is in Cancer and has no planets in it. Its ruler is Moon, who scuppered off into the 3rd, the house of, among others, neighbourhood and short trips. This Moon is also in Capricorn which is happiest when it can retreat into a cool and dark place and it dislikes exploring! I know this because I've got one of those too. The Moon is also receiving a hard aspect from Pluto, not sure what that means though. Fear of the unknowable?

I need to tell you that I use hellenistic astrology and whole sign houses. So all of Scorpio is your 1st house, Sagittarius 2nd, Capricorn 3rd, Aquarius 4th, Pisces 5th, etc

So from that angle:

Your North Node is in the 10th for me. Maybe you could contemplate focussing on your career/life direction more as that may be your true calling?

And Fortune is in the 2nd whole sign house...auspicious!

The 4th has the Sun and Mars in it, a strong house with a root in the "mother-land"?

5th a creative expressive Mercury.

Finally, with a good measure of fixed signs and points in your chart, as well as a Scorpio rising I don’t see the wanderlust that much.

I hope this helps and I didn’t shock you with the whole sign houses…

If you prefer to use your usual house system then the last thing I may add is that the signs of Leo and Aquarius are encapsulated (scientific term!) into their respective houses (9th and 3rd) at least that's what it looks like on the chart.
OK, that's useful, although I use the regular house system.
There are no planets in the ninth, however I do have the north node there which makes the trend a bit surprising. I should have elaborated a bit more- it's not that when I travel I dislike it. When I have been, I have loved it and felt inspired. But when I think of it whilst here, in the abstract, hypothetical way, I feel half that it's a dream and half disillusioned and feel avers- maybe this is the south node and stellium around it.

It does seem from what I read that a lot in my chart is about seeking too much info and overthinking, whilst missing intuition and just exploring. Also as the NN is Leo, I think I need to lighten up and explore travel personally- what I am doing is thinking of it in a detached and ambitious, stressed way, regarding the future. Maybe I need to be comfortable with finances and then travel more fro relaxation and play and getting out of my head, than some serious endeavour, like a home or business abroad.

It is an interesting position with the moon as you say, it rules my ninth but is on the third cusp. So at first I thought maybe long travel where I then need to get into the local area and really familiar. But knowing my traits, I think it may have something to do with being very rooted in my own area/country, but however experiencing much of multiculturalism, and being influenced by it in what I do, or having ambitions(Cap and Cancer v ambitious apparently) to bring something foreign or integrate it into my life or society....

So as my NN ruler is also Sun conjunct SN in 3rd opposite, this doubles this message.

Maybe it is some sort of receiving foreign influences in the local area thing.


I definitely have contradictory impulses here- very rooted and cautious about travel, however very averse to the 'indigenous', conservative culture where I am- seems to have a negative affect on me and much better when I experience foreign stuff. So maybe it's not going far away or to another country that's a monoculture, it's about staying here and getting the ninth house stuff from multiculturalism, and thus finding the balance- it certainly feels more in tune with my needs and instincts(moon) whereas it feels a bit forced when I think of setting up home abroad.(I have though of living in Paris, and am in England)
Maybe a shorter trip, albeit further afield, and not committing, is more what I'm looking for.


Maybe the Sag and NN stuff is spiritual and philosophical as well as just foreign things also...




Of course of all of this, I have not factored in money- I haven't had the money, so I mean I am negative about travel in the hypothetical sense of 'if I had the money'...but maybe If I did in reality the attitude would change.

It's also worth noting that I haven't travelled abroad in adult life, I have never actually been abroad alone, apart from a flight I made once meeting my parents.

So I am perhaps writing it off a bit. The main area where I get the feeling of wanting but not wanting- is setting up home in France, that was a dream, but now I'm thinking maybe Paris could even be close enough to be the third house, and maybe I'm show my fixed traits or SN traits by thinking of setting up there, and maybe the home thing isn't the ninth house point.

In fact I've heard of ninth stelliums never settling anywhere, so maybe the point of my solitary north node, opposite that 3rd house stellium, is just to make more voyages when I get the chance. As I probably should have explained a bit better, the negativity kicks in when it is me feeling like I should get out, and emigrate, and live far away and commit. Maybe that takes the spontaneous pleasure out of it. Maybe even if I couldn't be away much, a few long distance trips could still improve my consciousness.

Really interested what you say about the moon stuff- it would seem a very local area, conservative moon that. What cool dark places do you like, have any examples?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Chillaxer's Avatar
Chillaxer Chillaxer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 263
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
My guess -

The north node in a natal chart is a sensitive point of the unknown. It is unfamiliar. That's why you are scared to go there. But you need to. You have lots of planets in the 3rd and you can always go back to that, but every now and then you need to slowly move forward into whatever that 9th house is calling you to do (in your case you are saying travel).

If u look at modern astrology pluto (you) squares 9th house ruler moon.
This is what's interesting. I don't think I do about short travel- it's when I think ambitiously about emigration, and getting a home, I feel like like I don't want to, but also like I should , it's odd. I've never had much money for long distance travel, but feel like even if I did I would be cautious...but maybe this is just too hypothetical and unknown.. if it was uncommitting, I could come back, and I tired to relax into it more and do it to get out of my very third house head.


But when in my local area or country, 3rd or 4th house, I eat everything foreign, listen to foreign music, prefer contact with foreigners. Feel much more at home and happy doing so. I even prefer foreign ideas and religion.

So maybe I don't want to learn languages or live abroad, in practical terms, or even live in the anglosphere, but I want to embrace foreign stuff here and maybe with the political/creative stuff in my chart, my purpose is something to do with fusing foreign influences, or differing parts and integrating it into my life or the countries life.

The 9th cusp and NN rulers are both in the third house so there is some sort of flow of energy meaning the two houses seems very linked.

So maybe it's just I am forcing it a bit much, maybe what I do now- being rooted to the local area whilst imbibing a lot of foreign people and influences, is what I am meant to do.

Certainly on the ocassions of experiencing something more foreign, say from Asia, an event or people not tied to my background or area, I get more personally involved with people(Leo).. maybe I need to explore this more as I must be going back into Aquarian detachment and third house traits too.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chillaxer For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (11-18-2016)
  #6  
Unread 11-18-2016, 08:43 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxer View Post
This is what's interesting. I don't think I do about short travel- it's when I think ambitiously about emigration, and getting a home, I feel like like I don't want to, but also like I should , it's odd. I've never had much money for long distance travel, but feel like even if I did I would be cautious...but maybe this is just too hypothetical and unknown.. if it was uncommitting, I could come back, and I tired to relax into it more and do it to get out of my very third house head.


But when in my local area or country, 3rd or 4th house, I eat everything foreign, listen to foreign music, prefer contact with foreigners. Feel much more at home and happy doing so. I even prefer foreign ideas and religion.

So maybe I don't want to learn languages or live abroad, in practical terms, or even live in the anglosphere, but I want to embrace foreign stuff here and maybe with the political/creative stuff in my chart, my purpose is something to do with fusing foreign influences, or differing parts and integrating it into my life or the countries life.

The 9th cusp and NN rulers are both in the third house so there is some sort of flow of energy meaning the two houses seems very linked.

So maybe it's just I am forcing it a bit much, maybe what I do now- being rooted to the local area whilst imbibing a lot of foreign people and influences, is what I am meant to do.

Certainly on the ocassions of experiencing something more foreign, say from Asia, an event or people not tied to my background or area, I get more personally involved with people(Leo).. maybe I need to explore this more as I must be going back into Aquarian detachment and third house traits too.
Well now that u mention it ...

I was going to say it seems contradictory that your 9th house ruler is in the 3rd house and in such a stable sign too, focused on goals and building a secure future. It makes sense that foreign things come to you eg: foreigners in your neighbourhood and foreign food, music etc.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Chillaxer (11-18-2016)
  #7  
Unread 11-18-2016, 09:54 AM
WannaBeSag WannaBeSag is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 35
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxer View Post
The 9th cusp and NN rulers are both in the third house so there is some sort of flow of energy meaning the two houses seems very linked.
Yes, they're absolutely linked and that makes it tricky. You haven't said what you think of the sign "encapsulation"...and I looked it up now. Could your 3rd/9th be intercepted? Here's a link, maybe that may help you understand more?
article about intercepted signs

Otherwise, I think you and Abby83 have said it yourself: maybe there's no need to go extreme and settle overseas. And I'd definitely hop on the Eurostar if I were you! Just for a weekend away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxer View Post
- embrace foreign stuff here
- political/creative stuff in my chart, fusing foreign influences, or differing parts and integrating it into my life or the countries life.
- being rooted to the local area whilst imbibing a lot of foreign people and influences
- ocassions of experiencing something more foreign, say from Asia, an event or people not tied to my background or area, I get more personally involved with people(Leo)
JJ
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBeSag For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (11-18-2016)
  #8  
Unread 11-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Chillaxer's Avatar
Chillaxer Chillaxer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 263
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Well now that u mention it ...

I was going to say it seems contradictory that your 9th house ruler is in the 3rd house and in such a stable sign too, focused on goals and building a secure future. It makes sense that foreign things come to you eg: foreigners in your neighbourhood and foreign food, music etc.
Maybe it's also a case, what with Neptune in Sag in 2, and a Sag house 2 that has had me overspend, that then I use the Cap part of house 2, and the Cap moon ruling the ninth might suggest that I only travel or set up home abroad when I have really backed myself up financially and I know I could do it far more stress free, maybe like later in life, that would fit with Capricorn.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Chillaxer's Avatar
Chillaxer Chillaxer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 263
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeSag View Post
Yes, they're absolutely linked and that makes it tricky. You haven't said what you think of the sign "encapsulation"...and I looked it up now. Could your 3rd/9th be intercepted? Here's a link, maybe that may help you understand more?
article about intercepted signs

Otherwise, I think you and Abby83 have said it yourself: maybe there's no need to go extreme and settle overseas. And I'd definitely hop on the Eurostar if I were you! Just for a weekend away?



JJ
I wanted to, but I googled it and I didn't know what it meant, have never heard of that.

I'm deinfitely thinking of travel too abstract, that's where I lose it, but as I say the experience when there was better, and so long ago with parents.

I definitely should try and budget for going alone, for a bit, as you say, before I write it off again.

How do you mean by the last bit

'JJ'?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11-18-2016, 01:45 PM
WannaBeSag WannaBeSag is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 35
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxer View Post
I wanted to, but I googled it and I didn't know what it meant, have never heard of that.

I'm deinfitely thinking of travel too abstract, that's where I lose it, but as I say the experience when there was better, and so long ago with parents.

I definitely should try and budget for going alone, for a bit, as you say, before I write it off again.

How do you mean by the last bit

'JJ'?
Oh, the last bit just means "Bye"!

And the Capricorn Moon I see it as the way we deal with our emotions. With a cold dark place I meant a cave...I think that kind of Moon is happiest alone, hiding in the dark, and in a harsh place right there on the cold stones. It's morose and never happy. That moon is your own worst critic, can be gloomy, and needs time alone to recharge.

On the other hand it's a an earthy, strong and stable Moon. The way it nurtures may be a bit harsh but it is reliable. Does that make sense?

My Capricorn Moon likes to channel the Taurus Moon, its close ally!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBeSag For This Useful Post:
Chillaxer (11-18-2016)
  #11  
Unread 11-18-2016, 02:54 PM
WannaBeSag WannaBeSag is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 35
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

And this is from the Delphic Oracle astrology software I have, I think it's a very traditional astrology take on the moon and not everything applies for me, especially the references to upbringing... I guess that is the entitled SN conjunct Sun in me. Well, here goes...

"Moon in Capricorn: According to medieval definitions, the Moon is in detriment here. The Moon is ruled by Saturn which means that Saturn asks for domestic security, love and emotional support for the native before the cosmic courtroom on the Moon's behalf. Because Saturn does this according to its own nature and with some degree of neglectfulness and agnoia, the Moon often feels left out in the cold and slighted. Saturn places greater importance on responsibilities and duties and views feelings as impractical. As a result, the native often feels unworthy of love and appreciation, and they may be shy. Many come from a home environment that was very traditional where emotional outbursts were not thought to be proper. They may seek to keep the peace by repressing their own feelings until it becomes intolerable. Some react to this in a saturnian manner by earning the love and admiration of others through achievement or works designed to impress others. They often seek to justify their worthiness because of deep seated doubts caused by lack of emotional feedback in their early years. Others will be somewhat retiring and emotionally reserved, not easily expressing their love to others. Because the Moon represents the natives basic emotional state, they can be subject to depression and morbidity and can be hard to console. On the positive side these natives are cautious with money. They are able to endure hardships more easily than most because they lack a feeling of entitlement and were rarely spoiled as children.

In a diurnal chart, the heat and dryness go against the cool and moist nature of the Moon. This has the effect of drying up the emotions to a large degree. Duty and responsibility tend to come ahead of personal needs and desires. This individual is more likely to seek to justify their worthiness of love and appreciation by earning it. Sometimes they aren't aware of any problems in their personal life until it takes them by surprise.

In a nocturnal chart, the cool and moist of the night amplify these same qualities in the Moon, increasing its dyadic, contrarial nature, but at the same time the agnoia of Saturn is increased. Emotions are not as likely to be repressed. Depression, shyness and loneliness may be problematic and the home life may be stormy, but problems eventually do get aired out because they will rebel against any traditions or expectations that make them unhappy. Their parents (usually the mother) may see them as irresponsible in their early years. It should be noted that the Moon is dignified by being in its own trigon which means that it is allowed to determine whether it is conforming to the standards set by the bound lord."

Last edited by WannaBeSag; 11-18-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBeSag For This Useful Post:
Chillaxer (11-18-2016)
  #12  
Unread 11-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Chillaxer's Avatar
Chillaxer Chillaxer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 263
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeSag View Post
Oh, the last bit just means "Bye"!

And the Capricorn Moon I see it as the way we deal with our emotions. With a cold dark place I meant a cave...I think that kind of Moon is happiest alone, hiding in the dark, and in a harsh place right there on the cold stones. It's morose and never happy. That moon is your own worst critic, can be gloomy, and needs time alone to recharge.

On the other hand it's a an earthy, strong and stable Moon. The way it nurtures may be a bit harsh but it is reliable. Does that make sense?

My Capricorn Moon likes to channel the Taurus Moon, its close ally!
OK I got it, I definitely read it's a harsh moon and that others condemn you with it.

I wondered what the encapsulation thing meant, if you get a moment?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 11-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Why am I so reluctant to travel?

Hey, I have Neptune in 2nd too so I understand your dilemma in regards to being delusional about spending and finances. But you attract stable and secure goal oriented women so they help you out .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
reluctant, travel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.