The GREAT CONJUNCTION - Jupiter Saturn - The GREAT CHRONOCRATORS

Osamenor

Staff member
That's a Modernistic theory - not traditional :smile:

Members who wish to explore
a combination of traditional and modern ideas

should feel free to start a new thread
in an appropriate forum for further discussion.

Posts about Pluto and the Age of Aquarius deleted for that reason. All are asked to read this before posting on the Traditional Astrology board: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120411

Oddity

It doesn't disappoint. We're in a 200-year cycle. In air. Saturn rules Aquarius. Saturn is exalted in Libra. Jupiter falls in Gemini.

Guess who's gonna win.

The effects of the Grand Conjunction didn't fail to disappoint, eh? :lol:

2040 holds the next one. Though I haven't checked the sign it'll happen in.

david starling

It doesn't disappoint. We're in a 200-year cycle. In air. Saturn rules Aquarius. Saturn is exalted in Libra. Jupiter falls in Gemini.

Guess who's gonna win.

I think it's only a 20 year cycle, per Element, divided into "Trigons" of 6+ years. :unsure:

Also, what's the sequence of Air-signs? Seems like it would be Aquarius-Gemini-Libra.

Oddity

200 years per element. That's why the conjunction in 2020 was such a big deal. Not to mention the nifty plague marker that showed up in the autumn of 2019. (Saturn-Jupiter-Mars for all practical purposes conjunct in Capricorn).

Next Saturn-Jupiter will be in Libra.

david starling

200 years per element. That's why the conjunction in 2020 was such a big deal. Not to mention the nifty plague marker that showed up in the autumn of 2019. (Saturn-Jupiter-Mars for all practical purposes conjunct in Capricorn).

Next Saturn-Jupiter will be in Libra.

Well, Jupiter and Saturn align longitudinally every 20 years. Is the closeness of declination that's every 200 years, superseding longitude only?

dr. farr

Re: The GREAT CONJUNCTION - Jupiter Saturn - The GREAT CHRONOCRATOR

I believe (my opinion) is that the most powerful relation possible between planets (and planets/stars) is the parallel of declination, so I would say “yes” to your question..I shall add that parallel of latitude, which is rarely considered, is probably equal in power to parallel of declination; 4th century Hellenistic (actually Roman) Firmicus Maternus applied parallels of latitude extensively, but the technique largely died out with later Arabic and European astrologers.

Last edited:

david starling

Re: The GREAT CONJUNCTION - Jupiter Saturn - The GREAT CHRONOCRATOR

I believe (my opinion) is that the most powerful relation possible between planets (and planets/stars) is the parallel of declination, so I would say “yes” to your question..

I'm fine with that. But, this Great Conjunction happened in Aquarius, so why wouldn't the order of Air-signs within the 200 year cycle involve direct sequence, instead of retrograde? Is there an additional factor involved in that? In direct motion, Gemini follows Aqua.

dr. farr

I think it’s due to the reverse direction of the precessional mechanism; we think go forward, but the universe (physical universe) seems to say “go backward”:surprised:

david starling

I think it’s due to the reverse direction of the precessional mechanism; we think go forward, but the universe (physical universe) seems to say “go backward”:surprised:

That's about the seasonal zodiac rotating retrograde relative to the Constellations. But, if we stick with tropical, the Constellations have direct motion.

Maybe Oddity has a source for it.

JUPITERASC

That's about the seasonal zodiac
the Tropical zodiac origin is that of a seasonal calender

rotating retrograde relative to the Constellations.
But, if we stick with tropical, the Constellations have direct motion.
Maybe Oddity has a source for it.
Traditionally Ancient astrologers directly observed visible SIDEREAL Constellations :smile:
and
were astronomers as well as mathematicians

When exactly is this Sidereal conjunction? :smile:
Jupiter and Saturn together in SIDEREAL Capricorn:
30 March to 1 July 2020
21 November 2020 to 6 April 2021
15 September to 21 November 2021

It’s significant that an exact conjunction occurs at the Winter Solstice

THE GREAT CONJUNCTION
BOTH PLANETS RESIDE ON THE SAME DEGREE and minute 21 DECEMBER 2020
Ayanamsa 25°03’ (Aldebaran 15Tau)
Whole Sign system, Egyptian Terms