Distinguishing Mercury 4th house and 5th house?

Hi everyone!
I would like to hear some of your insights if you have Mercury in 4th house or 5th house.

A lot of my planets fall on my 4th house and it's hard for me to distinguish whether my Mercury is in my 5th house or in my 4th house?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Libra asc.
Mercury in Aquarius. :D

Jai Kishen

mercury in 4th would generally say that ur introvert , intelligent and think alot , you love ur "home" , you analyse things alot , your thoughts normally dwell upon ur "home"
talents in mercury in 4th house would be "analysis" (depending upon its aspects and placement of jupiter .

mercury in 5th would generally mean that u might be an extrovert , love to express your views orally or in written , you love to travel , you think about pleasure and success .
talents with mercury in 5th would be "communication"

Last edited:

suhasg

Hi,

This is based on my experiences,

Please let me konw how many ( in % ), points match with your personalitry and life events.

MER in 4th

This is not an effective position for MER, person is loving and caring, talkative , chatting, lots of friends relatives, good for overall comfort, , but with MAR person may find difficulties in getting along with people. With JUP, VEN or SUN gives good education.

This MER is very good as far as household matters are concerned. Person with this Mercury will change the place of residence quite often however his family life will be good.

In most cases this Mercury will give results based upon the other planet if any in the same fourth house. In most cases this Mercury brings in a very satisfactory childhood days however somehow at the latter age this Mercury may not help the person to stabilize/settle.

It may sometimes give some particular problem regarding family and family related matters. If this Mercury is receiving bad aspects from Uranus then this might bring in some strange/unexpected events in life.

If this Mercury is receiving bad aspects from Saturn will cause some problems with property and that is because of person’s relatives.

It this Mercury is receiving bad aspects from Mars then person will always remain in some or the other form of mental worries many times person may suffer heavy losses because of theft/sabotage.

Good aspects from Uranus will bring in self realization/spiritual progress, the person will have a very peaceful and happy post retirement days.

If this Mercury is in good aspects from Saturn or Moon then person may get ancestral property and person will keep a very good health till the death.

Mercury-in Jupiter ‘s aspect reduces the transitions/changes and this also makes concluding part of life very peaceful happy.

MER in 5th

With benefic this MER gives higher education, this MER is similar to MER in 3rd (sharp, intelligent, encyclopedia, logic) Good for astrology, writing, mathematics, with SAT,URN,NEP person is brilliant, but these YOGAS sometimes affect brain,

Lonely MER gives less children with SAT chances of having a kid are very thin, person is no doubt intelligent but it may turn to negative side like cheating, forgery,

With MAR gives special talent for both engineering but equally for cheating, person is a cheat, liar, may affect brain. With NEP gives ESP, Occult, New Age, Magic skills, With URN becomes scientist, with RAH brain diseases, epilepsy.

This MER is very good for having kids, person will have kids in due time Person is quite loving and he'd have equal number of sons and daughters over all this Mercury is very good for family life.

Very dense person , quite interested in sports. And if this Mercury is receiving good aspects from Mars then s/he may be champion in some sports. However person with this Mercury often holds some unrealistic expectations from his kids and end get disappointed.

As this House is for kids, results regarding kids can be observed based on aspects received by this Mercury in fifth house..

If this Mercury is in dual sign then there are high chances of having twins. This Mercury gets benefits from good aspect from Moon however bad aspects from Saturn/Mars takes away the power of Mercury.

According to Eastern philosophy/astrology this fifth house is for education in Mercury is in this House then it helps a lot in mathematics and statistics however this Mercury must get good aspects from a planet in order to materialize these effects.

In female charts this Mercury if in watery sign then the female may suffer because of pregnancies at short intervals.

If this Mercury is in good sign and getting good aspects especially from Moon then person may become a writer/editor/novelist/short story writer.

Rgards and my best wishes

SUhas G

Thank you Suhas G and Jai Kishen!

Mercury in 4th - 45%
Talkative? Definitely. Loving and caring? Yes, I could say that I am close to my friends and family. However, it's not all the time that I get along with everyone. We don't change residence often but the home is also important because we don't have a house of our own so I'd love to have one.

Mercury in 5th - 55%
I love to travel, to read and to write (often) and as far as education is concerned, it's been great. I write in our school organ since time immemorial, if that counts. Normally, I'm an extrovert and the success of my (future) children matters most to me.

My Mercury conjuncts Venus, squares Jupiter and trines my ASC. :D

Thank you again!

Still want to hear some more from you 'coz I'm still not so sure.