Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Solar returns

Solar returns Talk about your experience with solar returns in predictive astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-15-2016, 03:09 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

So, I was looking at my solar return chart for next year, I was really happy about it because it looks really good (Jupiter in the 1st house!). Then, I looked at my previous solar returns to check how accurate this technique actually is. I found that during my happiest years, the SR ascendant was either in Sagittarius (Sun in 10th house) or Libra (Sun in 1st house). It made a lot of sense. So, anyway, I got really obsessive with it and decided to look at my SR charts for the following years, to get a better idea of what the future may hold (I don't know what's going to happen when I graduate school next year!) and it looked pretty good (my ASC will be in Sagittarius again, in 2017) until I got to the year, 2020. I think I may have just predicted the year of my own death

I read somewhere that SR Ascendant in Natal 4th house could indicate year of death. I would normally shrug this off, except it isn't the only indication. My SR Ascendant in Virgo is also conjunct my natal Chiron, a year characterized by painful wounds, I'd imagine. They say Pluto is the planet of death, and the 8th is the house of death, and I'd normally shrug this off too - Pluto has been transiting my 8th house for quite some time now and I haven't been worried in the slightest (though a bit disappointed by the lack of powerful intense sex lol) - but again, it isn't the only indicator. In October of 2020, Pluto will be conjunct my natal Uranus (still in my natal 8th house) at 22 degrees Capricorn, with Saturn (bringer of death in traditional astrology?) close by at 25 degrees. Sudden death? Freak accident? Neptune ( at 20 degrees natal) probably brings some confusion and mystery surrounding the incident, idk). Obviously, since Uranus and Neptune are squaring my Sun/Mercury natally, SR Saturn and Pluto are also squaring my Sun. SR Lilith is opposing my Sun too, which I'd assume to be a bad thing? While retrograde Mars (planet of accidents?) in it's home sign isn't in direct opposition to my Sun, it is an opposition by sign and there's eventually going to be a transit, once it goes direct. My SR Vertex is conjunct my natal Saturn in retrograde... scary! I've also read that nodes were prominent in death charts: SR NN is conjunct my natal Asc! My SR MC is also conjunct my Asc by 2 degrees, which I think is supposed to be a good aspect but in this context, could it indicate a public death? I also see SR Uranus is conjunct my natal Moon/SN conjunction... by 4 degrees, but still. My Moon is situated in the 12th house and the thought of Uranus entering my 12th house is scary enough on it's own.

What are your thoughts on this chart?? I know it's a long time away but it's freaking me out a little bit.

There are some good things here. SR Jupiter at 20 degrees Cap is conjunct my natal Neptune in the 8th house, which might protect me against the threat of Saturn-Pluto-Uranus-Sun-Mercury (or perhaps it might just expand Neptune's influence, blinding me to all possible danger?). Venus is conjunct ASC is generally good (though conjunct natal Chiron I'm not so sure about) and that combined with Moons conjunction to my natal DSC may bring love into my life. SR Juno (and Mercury) conjuncts my natal Vertex (Eros, NN, Juno, Venus, and Jupiter, ruler of my 7th house, by extension) which could also do the trick.

But couldn't Mercury retrograde also cause problems?

Scared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solarreturn2020.jpg (87.5 KB, 51 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-15-2016, 03:24 AM
ashriia ashriia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,062
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Is that your natal chart?
According to the chart, you would be around 10 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-15-2016, 03:36 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
Is that your natal chart?
According to the chart, you would be around 10 years old.
No? What makes you say that? I was born in '94 so I'd be 26.

It's a natal-solar return comparison.

I'm confuseddd

I don't think Uranus and Neptune were still in Capricorn during the year 2010

Last edited by craft94; 06-15-2016 at 03:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-15-2016, 04:02 AM
ashriia ashriia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,062
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
No? What makes you say that? I was born in '94 so I'd be 26.
I couldn't see the aspectarian well since its blurred due to all the additional objects added to the chart. But it's my fault I thought pluto was at 26deg Sag which would have been 2006. But now see it's 26 scorpio, after magnifying the aspectarian.

Apologies.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-15-2016, 04:14 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,320
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

No, you did not just predict your own death. You can relax around this.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (12-06-2016), ashriia (06-15-2016), tsmall (12-07-2016)
  #6  
Unread 06-15-2016, 05:52 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
I couldn't see the aspectarian well since its blurred due to all the additional objects added to the chart. But it's my fault I thought pluto was at 26deg Sag which would have been 2006. But now see it's 26 scorpio, after magnifying the aspectarian.

Apologies.
It's alright. No reason to apologize! I wasn't annoyed at all, just confused. I'm sorry the aspects are blurry
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-06-2016, 01:52 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

I know most astrologers consider it unethical to predict death these days, and I can understand why, and I don't necessarily disagree, but if this chart doesn't scream "death" to you, what does it say? Like, what else can all those negative aspects represent? Often people hear that something in a chart relates to death and they'll freak out even though it's only one aspect, but there are multiple death indicators here, and that's worrying.

What does the chart say could happen, in your opinion/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-06-2016, 02:27 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,654
Smile Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
I know most astrologers consider it unethical to predict death these days, and I can understand why, and I don't necessarily disagree, but if this chart doesn't scream "death" to you, what does it say? Like, what else can all those negative aspects represent? Often people hear that something in a chart relates to death and they'll freak out even though it's only one aspect, but there are multiple death indicators here, and that's worrying.

What does the chart say could happen, in your opinion/
Just check the expiration date located on the bottom of your left foot!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-06-2016, 02:32 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,550
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Hi

I created a similar thread awhile back where I was interested in figuring out how much "life" my chart has. Before I went about finding the dangerous years, I first set out to find my hyleg and alcocoden. (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=46808). After doing that I investigated particularly "dangerous" years; If you want my personal opinion on just what it takes to predict death you can read this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=93710.

As to what that specific SR might mean you could post it as a separate chart and I'll see what I can find.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (12-06-2016), JUPITERASC (12-06-2016), tsmall (12-07-2016)
  #10  
Unread 12-06-2016, 02:34 AM
ashriia ashriia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,062
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Hi again.

Don't freak yourself out based on the Solar Return Chart, I know its difficult. I've been studying lots of death related charts in the past few years its become a primary focus.

You're Solar Return Ascendant would most likely not be conjunct chiron if this was your death. It could very likely be relocating, leaving home, or something happening within the home, doesn't have to be painful either, sometimes it's healing that is done. Also Solar Return ascendant is not near the IC in your chart. If you really want to pursue this study. Look at your progressed chart alone, and prog/with natal. Focus should be on the Ruler of your Sun. Progressed ascendant opposing or squaring planets both in the progressed chart and against the natal. Natal nodal degree would be prominent in the progressed chart also. Degrees in the progressed chart would show a theme of some kind, such as several planets or angles all at the same degree, which is when you know something's up or change is on the way.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-06-2016, 02:34 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,092
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post

I know most astrologers consider it unethical to predict death these days, and I can understand why, and I don't necessarily disagree, but if this chart doesn't scream "death" to you, what does it say? Like, what else can all those negative aspects represent? Often people hear that something in a chart relates to death and they'll freak out even though it's only one aspect, but there are multiple death indicators here, and that's worrying.

What does the chart say could happen, in your opinion/

Accuracy of any SOLARY RETURN is dependent on an accurate time of birth


IF the time of birth is accurate
THEN
keep in mind that
as advised on our EDUCATION BOARD
in an article by Starlin
k http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=17763

STEPS ON HOW TO INTERPRET A SOLAR RETURN CHART,
by Starlink


QUOTE
A Solar Return chart should always be looked at in connection with your natal chart
because we want to see what our natal planets are doing this year
and looking at their positions in the SR chart is one way doing that.

Note:
You can also view the Solar Return as a chart on its own
but it wont tell you as much as when you compare with the natal chart.


It is not easy to interpret a Solar Return chart
because very often what we see in there, reflects the hopes and wishes of the individual
and not necessarily what will happen to him/her.
That is also why we have to look at the birth potential.
If the Solar Return shows a fantastic career move
but in the natal chart it is clearly seen that any career attempt is going to be non existent
when the woman is a mother rather than a career type
or when there is no fire present, nor any ambition to be seen
Cardinal mode
then we have to be careful. It could be a wish, not a reality.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-06-2016, 02:40 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,654
Smile Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Hi

I created a similar thread awhile back where I was interested in figuring out how much "life" my chart has. Before I went about finding the dangerous years, I first set out to find my hyleg and alcocoden. (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=46808). After doing that I investigated particularly "dangerous" years; If you want my personal opinion on just what it takes to predict death you can read this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=93710.

As to what that specific SR might mean you could post it as a separate chart and I'll see what I can find.
There should be a way to test the theories (which I obviously don't currently trust) against actual Charts of people now deceased. It either works or not. Does this involve ANY cause of death?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-06-2016, 02:43 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,550
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
There should be a way to test the theories (which I obviously don't currently trust) against actual Charts of people now deceased. It either works or not. Does this involve ANY cause of death?
Check the 1st link in the post
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:04 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,654
Smile Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Check the 1st link in the post
One hit does not a pattern make. If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability. I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death, but a prediction of when "protection" is lost, suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age, after which extreme caution would be advised. For those of us who rely on "luck" that might be worth knowing! When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!

Last edited by david starling; 12-06-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:09 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,320
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

No, the chart doesn't scream death at me. You might think about death more than usual at this time. If you have a spouse or partner, the 8th might involve proceeds from the marriage, such as a shared income. The 8th indicates investments, vs. your own private resources which is a second house matter. In medical astrology the 8th rules the eliminative and sexual functions of the body. You might develop a particular interest in the "occult". Or detective novels, or anything dealing with deep, dark mysteries.

Please learn more astrology before you start jumping to unwarranted conclusions. A solar return is basically a still-frame transit chart. It may indicate the year ahead, but it will also miss major transits that occur later in your age year.

BTW, an astrologer named Richard Houck wrote a book called The Astrology of Death. He was significantly wrong in both the timing and manner of his own death.

If you are really interested in your life expectancy, try this site:

http://deathclock.com/

It has to do with your birth date, whether you smoke and your body mass index, which are sensible predictors of longevity.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 12-06-2016 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:12 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,550
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
One hit does not a pattern make. If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability. I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death, but a prediction of when "protection" is lost, suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age, after which extreme caution would be advised. For those of us who rely on "luck" that might worth knowing! When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!
Of course not. If you find the technique misguided, useless etc you are free to not bother yourself about it. There is a wealth of information on that thread pertaining to the technique so if you are interested in getting to know the background information around it you can do so.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 12-06-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-06-2016), JUPITERASC (12-06-2016)
  #17  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:14 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,320
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
One hit does not a pattern make. If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability. I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death, but a prediction of when "protection" is lost, suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age, after which extreme caution would be advised. For those of us who rely on "luck" that might worth knowing! When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!
My guardian angel was last spotted in Vegas, poolside, drinking a Manhattan.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ashriia (12-08-2016), david starling (12-06-2016), GPrincess (12-08-2016)
  #18  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:15 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,654
Smile Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
My guardian angel was last spotted in Vegas, poolside, drinking a Manhattan.
You only needed ONE!?
I can imagine c.t.'s coterie of 10 Guardians discussing the matter as we speak!

Last edited by david starling; 12-06-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:19 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,320
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
You only needed ONE!?
I couldn't attract and keep any others, David. You know how hard it is to get good help these days.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-06-2016)
  #20  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:19 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,092
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

One hit does not a pattern make.
If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability.
Quite so, however for statistical credibility
a minimum sampling of AT LEAST 250 cases
is considered just the beginning

but since when was astrology a Science.... Siriusly
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death,
but a prediction of when "protection" is lost,
suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age,
after which extreme caution would be advised.
For those of us who rely on "luck" that might worth knowing!
When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-06-2016)
  #21  
Unread 12-06-2016, 03:50 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,654
Smile Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Quite so, however for statistical credibility
a minimum sampling of AT LEAST 250 cases
is considered just the beginning

but since when was astrology a Science.... Siriusly
Think how awesome it would be if it was 100% right in 250 cases!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12-06-2016, 12:03 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
No, the chart doesn't scream death at me. You might think about death more than usual at this time. If you have a spouse or partner, the 8th might involve proceeds from the marriage, such as a shared income. The 8th indicates investments, vs. your own private resources which is a second house matter. In medical astrology the 8th rules the eliminative and sexual functions of the body. You might develop a particular interest in the "occult". Or detective novels, or anything dealing with deep, dark mysteries.

Please learn more astrology before you start jumping to unwarranted conclusions. A solar return is basically a still-frame transit chart. It may indicate the year ahead, but it will also miss major transits that occur later in your age year.

BTW, an astrologer named Richard Houck wrote a book called The Astrology of Death. He was significantly wrong in both the timing and manner of his own death.

If you are really interested in your life expectancy, try this site:

http://deathclock.com/

It has to do with your birth date, whether you smoke and your body mass index, which are sensible predictors of longevity.
"Please learn more about astrology before you jump to unwarranted conclusions." There's no need to be condescending. I'm simply curious as to what the chart said, considering transits too. I was thinking maybe some kind of major life change, such as institutinalization (uranus in the 12th)

Does 8th house equate to occult in traditional astrology? I think if not actual physical death, the 8th house here represents the death of SOMETHING, a chance.

Also, I don't think the death clock site is as reliable as you think it is. Not everyone does by natural causes. Uranus and Neptune in the 8th makes me think I'm gonna die a sudden and mysterious death but you're right it's probably because I haven't studied astrology
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 12-06-2016, 04:16 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,654
Smile Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Craft, there's something called the "life-line" in the divinitory art of Palmistry. In the late 1960's, it was very popular for a while, and it includes a "love-line" as well. I never really got into it, but people were fascinated by the idea of predicting longevity just by the line running down on the thumb side of the hand. There was also the idea that the left palm was about the life-span you would have if you didn't do anything to alter it, and the right was the actual one. Mine was (is) longer on the right than the left, and there's a bridge-line connecting a shorter life-line to a longer one that's not on the left Palm, only on the right. I made a huge change in life-path, and, retrospect, if fits in with changing over to the longer life-line. I never studied Palmistry seriously, or consulted a professional, but you might want to look into it on a casual level. I like the concept that we can live a longer or shorter life based on our actions, rather than believing it's preordained. That's what I was being facetious about with the joke about having an "expiration date" like a birthmark.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
craft94 (12-07-2016)
  #24  
Unread 12-06-2016, 08:20 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Craft, there's something called the "life-line" in the divinitory art of Palmistry. In the late 1960's, it was very popular for a while, and it includes a "love-line" as well. I never really got into it, but people were fascinated by the idea of predicting longevity just by the line running down on the thumb side of the hand. There was also the idea that the left palm was about the life-span you would have if you didn't do anything to alter it, and the right was the actual one. Mine was (is) longer on the right than the left, and there's a bridge-line connecting a shorter life-line to a longer one that's not on the left Palm, only on the right. I made a huge change in life-path, and, retrospect, if fits in with changing over to the longer life-line. I never studied Palmistry seriously, or consulted a professional, but you might want to look into it on a casual level. I like the concept that we can live a longer or shorter life based on our actions, rather than believing it's preordained. That's what I was being facetious about with the joke about having an "expiration date" like a birthmark.
I get that you were being facetious. You never said anything to bother me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-07-2016)
  #25  
Unread 12-07-2016, 02:20 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,320
Re: I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
"Please learn more about astrology before you jump to unwarranted conclusions." There's no need to be condescending. I'm simply curious as to what the chart said, considering transits too. I was thinking maybe some kind of major life change, such as institutinalization (uranus in the 12th)
This was a plea, craft94, not condescension. People have the bejeesus scared out of them by Amateur Hour with novice astrologers dabbling in death prediction. Why should you expect something so dire? A well-tended Uranus is the great liberator, not something that sends you to a nursing home. I hope you can read more widely on the multiple meanings of each of the houses.

Quote:
Does 8th house equate to occult in traditional astrology? I think if not actual physical death, the 8th house here represents the death of SOMETHING, a chance.
Please expand your reading. One book I recommend if you're interested in traditional astrology is Deborah Houlding, Houses, Temples of the Sky. The 8th house as a repository of occult matters is a modern western astrology interpretation. The 8th seems to deal with mysteries of various sorts. I have noticed that 8th house people think about death more than most people. With other chart factors being supportive, someone with an 8th house stellium might do well as a hospice nurse, funeral home director, or paramedic. 8th house people also seem to be private people. One thing the 8th house does not indicate is your literal death. This was understood in ancient times.

Quote:
Also, I don't think the death clock site is as reliable as you think it is. Not everyone does by natural causes. Uranus and Neptune in the 8th makes me think I'm gonna die a sudden and mysterious death but you're right it's probably because I haven't studied astrology
Where did I say the death clock site was reliable? Obviously, you could have a longish life expectancy by its measures, yet get run over by a bus tomorrow.

Rather than worry about your timing and manner of death, try living each day to your best potential, and explore metaphysical or religious beliefs that would allow you to face death with calm and courage.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
death, predicted, solar return

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ゥ 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.