Understanding South & North Nodes

SunDancer

My X MC house is in Aries, north node & Lilith both in Taurus

Q1) Is lilith the same as south node? If not what do I look for?
Q2) If both south (lilith?) & north nodes are in taurus how is it possible to discern evolution of self into taurus? What do I do with this info if they are the same?

Q3) Any thoughts specific to Taurus expression upon soul purpose unraveling into Aries?

“House X is the area of material action. The Midheaven represents the work one will do in one's life, the place one will take in the world of society. It becomes more important as one grows older.

House X in Aries
All the leadership qualities are there: authority, energy, initiative, leadership, lots of gung-ho, and of course intelligence.”

Osamenor

Staff member
Q1) Is lilith the same as south node?
No.

If not what do I look for?
Not all charts show the south node. If the south node is shown, its glyph looks like this: :southnode:

If the south node isn't shown, you still know where it is, because south node is always exactly opposite north node.
Q2) If both south (lilith?) & north nodes are in taurus how is it possible to discern evolution of self into taurus? What do I do with this info if they are the same?
Lilith is not the south node, and it's impossible for both nodes to be in the same sign. See above.

Q3) Any thoughts specific to Taurus expression upon soul purpose unraveling into Aries?

“House X is the area of material action. The Midheaven represents the work one will do in one's life, the place one will take in the world of society. It becomes more important as one grows older.

House X in Aries
All the leadership qualities are there: authority, energy, initiative, leadership, lots of gung-ho, and of course intelligence.”

Midheaven and north node are different things. Unless the north node is conjunct the MC, or in the same sign and/or the tenth house, they tell different stories.

MC is, in general, your public reputation, the way you are or become known in your society. It's also associated with career, because people often become known by their careers (she's a nurse, he's a teacher, etc.). It's about the way you are visible in your society, to people in general, particularly people who know of you but don't know you personally.

North node is the soul purpose that you describe. It may or may not have much of anything to do with the MC. I would say it's about who you become for yourself, in the long run.

Another view of the north node holds that it's what you desire more of, and will constantly be pulling into your life.

Either way, just knowing the sign of the north node doesn't tell us much. House also matters, and aspects to the node, and what's going on with its ruler.

Hkk

Account Closed
No.

Not all charts show the south node. If the south node is shown, its glyph looks like this: :southnode:

If the south node isn't shown, you still know where it is, because south node is always exactly opposite north node.
Lilith is not the south node, and it's impossible for both nodes to be in the same sign. See above.

Midheaven and north node are different things. Unless the north node is conjunct the MC, or in the same sign and/or the tenth house, they tell different stories.

MC is, in general, your public reputation, the way you are or become known in your society. It's also associated with career, because people often become known by their careers (she's a nurse, he's a teacher, etc.). It's about the way you are visible in your society, to people in general, particularly people who know of you but don't know you personally.

North node is the soul purpose that you describe. It may or may not have much of anything to do with the MC. I would say it's about who you become for yourself, in the long run.

Another view of the north node holds that it's what you desire more of, and will constantly be pulling into your life.

Either way, just knowing the sign of the north node doesn't tell us much. House also matters, and aspects to the node, and what's going on with its ruler.
You have explained this in an amazing way as I get confused with my north node in leo in 11th house with my moon placed there. So confusing