Moon/Pluto Aspects

pisceskitty

During that difficult transit from Pluto to my Moon, I was also dealing with transiting Pluto sqaure my Mercury..Now mind you, I was born with Pluto opp. Mercury! Transiting Pluto was also squaring my natal Sun.
I was feeling things deeply. I felt paranoid, Like people were out to get me. I would not reveal anything to anyone. I just would not open up. So I wound up getting these really bad skin eruptions. I felt like I was going crazy at times. I had a love/hate relationship wih my grandmother. She was really overbearing, and controlling. My mother was very child-like. She still is. innocent almost. Like I said in my earlier post, I am totally obsessed with my mother. Though she was not in my life, she was all I thought about. I am also obsessed with being/becoming a mother. I had more baby dolls than any little girl in New York city! Being a mother means everything to me. I cannot imagine not having children.

I try to give my own child as much space as possible. I do worry about him alot. I am trying to work on not being so clingly with him. I realize certain patterns, and I DO NOT want to repeat them with my own children. My mother has revealed to me not too long ago, that her own mother was cold, and she never felt wanted or loved by her.
I find it interesting that my son was born with his Moon[7h] sextile Pluto, and sextile Uranus. Having him, has helped me see, that ceratin patterns can be broken. I look forward to my future with my son. And hopefully, one day, God will bless me with another one.

As far as relationships with women, I have always had good relations with them. I was raised in a home with nothing but women. I never met my father, so there were no men around. I am very protective of women, and issues concerning women. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a midwife.

Last edited:

flea

Hi pisceskitty,

I have a cancer moon sextile virgo pluto/uranus. I think the effect has been gentler regarding issues with my mother, although my sun square pluto has been pretty major with father figures, authority, partners men generally really.

Anyway I set up a business last year and I didn't think about its chart til later. Moon conj Pluto in Sag 3H with sun saturn mercury in Cancer 10H. It has a libra asc which I think is a much needed balancer. I set it up for noon on the day of registration.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts questions about how this may play out...

Love and Hugs Flea

I have an Aquarius Moon in my 9th house square my Pluto in Scorpio in the 6th. The orb is about 5 degrees applying so it's not too exact. From my experience with this, I actually lack the emotional intensity that seems to be commonplace in descriptions of this placement. :? I have a reasonably good relationship with my mother. I love her and would trust her with my life. But I do tend to draw people who are emotionally intense themselves.

Last edited:

pisceskitty

flea said:
Hi pisceskitty,

I have a cancer moon sextile virgo pluto/uranus. I think the effect has been gentler regarding issues with my mother, although my sun square pluto has been pretty major with father figures, authority, partners men generally really.

Anyway I set up a business last year and I didn't think about its chart til later. Moon conj Pluto in Sag 3H with sun saturn mercury in Cancer 10H. It has a libra asc which I think is a much needed balancer. I set it up for noon on the day of registration.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts questions about how this may play out...

Love and Hugs Flea

It's interesting you mentioned the Pluto/Sun aspect. When Pluto sqaured my natal Sun, I met the love of my life. A very dynamis man with Scorpio rising[Sun in sagittarius/moon in Gemini like me] he aslo has his Sag. Venus square Pluto in Virgo. It was a really intense realtionship. It still is.

kimbermoon

Afflictions of Moon/Pluto do relate to emotional imbalances of one type or another and usually these are very intense and demand eventual healing.

Pluto - deeply hidden, kept secret, affecting one's sense of power.
needing to dig very deep to get to the bottom of things
Karmic implication - past abuses of power, violence or domineering tendencies - Moon / pluto afflictions- the need for emotional re-balancing :
overcoming destructive relationships: overcoming or accepting the mother's influence.
Intent - purging; bringing down 'the wall'; deep soul searching in the effort to achieve clarity and understanding that will help bring about transformations from negative to positive. Defeat or self-mastery.

Teddybull

That was a great definition of moon/pluto. Very demanding, yes. Very draining to others and self.

In my younger years I was very self destructive (still am to a much lesser degree). Very possessive, intense, negative, self-hatred. Unworthy too. Ironically, I attracted destructive people who challenged all of these traits in me. Men who couldn't commit, showed little interest.

I can say that even tho I am not in a relationship at this point, I am more self assured. More confident thru emotional turmoil/devastation. I will not allow myself to be hurt by casual, uncaring relationships. I can tell within minutes of talking to someone and looking in their eyes if it will go further. Intensity for me these days is in the heart and not the body. tb

flea

pisceskitty,
I suppose even with the hard aspects one can express the positive or negative sides to an aspect. When transiting pluto conjuncted my sun a very destructive relationship ended. One you could describe as plutonian, lots of hidden unresolved issues, and unconcious and concious power plays. In the end this was a very positive start to self transformation for me.

i have a soft moon/pluto aspect yet I have had a lot of mother issues to deal with. I have a hard aspect sun/pluto yet my realtationship with my father is good. I suspect that I am reacting to the attitude to the feminine (and therefore myself) in my mother and not her as a woman. My mother is a very strong person where as my father is gentle, so it sometimes seems as if their genders are reversed.

Pluto just passed my descendent so there may be a positively intense relationship waiting for me!!

Flea

MidnightxPoison

I have Moon conjunct Pluto, plus Scorpio Moon, and yes, I'm VERY intense. I'm passionate, obsessive, self-possessed (I keep my deepest feelings hidden), emotional, highly sensitive and somewhat whimsical/troubled. I've been searching for serenity my whole life because I rarely feel this inner peace. I'm either happy or depressed, there's rarely anything inbetween.

I'm kinda jealous in relationships. But when I love someone I love them with all my heart yet when they hurt me I develop a love-hate relationship with them. I have that with my mum. My relationship with her is rocky.

kimbermoon

The shadow of Moon/Pluto opposition has been with me all my life thus I feel that I have been challenged continuously throughout my journey. My mother was also the more domineering of my parents much as you describe. I have experienced many betrayals and losses which always seemed so unfair to me. My heavy water influence made me very vulnerable throughout my first two decades.I was sensitive, shy and anxious at every turn. I was also very empathic without knowing it, thanks to Pisces Moon, and picked up on all the underlying nuances and emotions of others in every situation. Influences I could feel but not really see and worse could not integrate.
In my early thirties my mother died and several years later so did my Dad. Wow the issues that came to bear after that. by the time I turned 40 I felt that I had battered and torn by the arrows of life. Then came depression and physical illness and deterioration. During that decade I was barely dragging my body through life. Miraculously though there has been light at the end of the tunnel and and at 55 I am continuously undergoing self-transformation. Finally I have found the confidence, faith and hope that always seemed to elude me in the past. I would say this then, I can now see the patterns and the path that I was required to follow. Through such great adversity I have become a much stronger and self-empowered individual. And every day I feel grateful for that. It has proven to me that we all have our specific challenges that must be endured in life which hopefully help us find greater peace near the end stages.
Namaste

Claire19

akpastro said:
Hi folks,

usually moon-pluto aspects intensify emotional matters. Folks with such contacts feel the need to be in control in order to feel secure. With hard aspects between moon and pluto the person usually tends to be a loner.
INteresting. I have Moon square Pluto from 3rd to 6th and my mother was experienced as overbearing especially when trying to communicate and also sister was the same. Jealousy and betrayal I have experienced in these areas and the workplace. Sexual issues also. I have managed to transmute intense feelings of jealousy, sexuality and intense dislike and can deal better with these emotions as I mature. Perhaps the loner tendency comes from wanting to control everything and at least that can be done more easily if alone. Pluto likes to plumb the depths and get to the bottom of mysteries and tendency to be secretive. Wherever Pluto and the Moon are we will have to deal with intense emotions and crises that can be overcome and give us more strength and control. What doesnt kill us, makes us stronger as they say. Others may not always experience our mothers as domineering and controlling in the same family situation and we have to own that a lot of it is our own projection.

Last edited:

seiw83

i have pluto(4 th libra house) square moon (7th capric. house) as long my mother is capricorn( my dsc) and my father is cancer(my dsc). well intense emotions is attached. A great need of power, but i am able to supress most of the emotions. As long pluto comes from 4th house wutch is considered to be bottom of the soul and darkest point of this i start to be scared about what comes with t pluto n moon conj i n capricorn. well i have some skill with feeling other people emotions and latly i started to craeve for mind control. why? it is strange, a big obsession and demand for a power.

kimbermoon

The loner aspect for me is more about protecting myself against the sensitivity of my Pisces moon. When younger I would be influenced by the 'vibes' of people and the environment often to the extent of being overwhelmed. This is the downside of the empath. One must learn to build a necessary shield to be less sensitive to these energies which is something that took some time for me. Indeed the process required a greater opening of my mental awareness to actually realize what was happening to me.
'Craving for mind control' is what many individuals are seeking currently and this is connected to the evolutionary changes now taking place as we prepare for a potential major turnabout in 2012.
Namaste

R4VEN

Having read through this thread, I am finding the stories of `possessors' of Pluto-Moon aspects (which I do not have, apart from a semisextile, which just gets me delving beneath the surface, forever searching for answers to my endless questions!!) to be fascinating.

One of my brothers has a close conjunction of Moon & Pluto in Leo in the 5th, and he had such a volatile and wounding relationship with our mother while we were growing up. As the next youngest, and the only girl, he was insanely jealous of me, and was continually aggressive towards me for much of my childhood. I can now see this as projection - of his wounds on to me, and making me the `problem'.
As a grown-up he has married a woman much like our mother, but seems to have overcome his earlier jealousies - on the surface, at least.

In the present day I am being projected upon by a man with a Pluto-Moon square (and with his moon in Scorpio, too!) and I'm including the following link, as this description could have been written with him in mind.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/pluto-square-moon.php

I have learned to not trust him in any way, because he is always plotting something or other, with a view to tripping up either me, or a member of my immediate family. He truly shows signs of a personality disorder - as did my brother when he was a child.

I am unable (at present) to distance myself from this man (I am not in a r/ship with him - yegads!!), so I am able to see that he has been `sent' for me to heal my r/ship with my brother. I have not seen my brother for around 5-6 years, even though we live only 20 mins drive from each other. His jealousy of me still exists, even though he is now quite wealthy, and I am not.

I myself am a trifle obsessed by the Pluto-Moon aspects - the harsh ones at least - as they have such strange and often dramatic effects upon people.

[I am also aware that there is not much of a point to my post, other than to tell yet another story.....]

4leafclovah

I have a moon/Pluto sextile with Pluto in Libra. When my progressed moon hit Pluto I met a very intense person and it was very psychologically disturbing for a long time . Then just last year There was a new moon conjunct my Pluto and I suddenly developed an unexpected and very deep attraction for someone I have casually known for like 8 years-it was really weird and I still see him once in awhile and feel the heavy vibrations even if he's not in my presence
( Pluto/3rd) major telepathy. My brother has moon/Pluto/Uranus conjunct in the 8th and I have a very tense relationship with him. Definitely some resentment. I have always felt he had a lot of hidden anger and never acknowledged that.

4leafclovah

R4VEN said:
One of my brothers has a close conjunction of Moon & Pluto in Leo in the 5th, and he had such a volatile and wounding relationship with our mother while we were growing up. As the next youngest, and the only girl, he was insanely jealous of me, and was continually aggressive towards me for much of my childhood.
I had the same problems with my brother when I was younger. He would torment me when my folks were gone. Just a few years ago he flipped out and got violent with me. Ever since then I never looked at him the same and chose to distance myself from him.

R4VEN

4leafclovah said:
My brother has moon/Pluto/Uranus conjunct in the 8th and I have a very tense relationship with him. Definitely some resentment. I have always felt he had a lot of hidden anger and never acknowledged that.
4leafclovah, I would imagine that your brother's moon/Pluto/Uranus in the 8th would provide a lot of intensity and volatility. I'm not surprised that he flips out every now and then.

My brother's Moon/Pluto conjunction in the 5th is sextile his natal Uranus in the 3rd. He was mildly dyslexic as a child (still is a bit, but spell-checkers help people like him) and I was very good at school, and would help him with his spelling homework, even though he is 3 years older than me. When I'd finished helping him, he'd then bash me up (I was around 6-7, while he was 10 or so) just because I could spell and he couldn't.
He must have been in such turmoil, because he needed me to help him, but he then was overcome by jealousy, resentment, and even hatred.
It must have been a mess living inside his skin.

4leafclovah

R4VEN said:
4leafclovah, I would imagine that your brother's moon/Pluto/Uranus in the 8th would provide a lot of intensity and volatility. I'm not surprised that he flips out every now and then.

My brother's Moon/Pluto conjunction in the 5th is sextile his natal Uranus in the 3rd. He was mildly dyslexic as a child (still is a bit, but spell-checkers help people like him) and I was very good at school, and would help him with his spelling homework, even though he is 3 years older than me. When I'd finished helping him, he'd then bash me up (I was around 6-7, while he was 10 or so) just because I could spell and he couldn't.
He must have been in such turmoil, because he needed me to help him, but he then was overcome by jealousy, resentment, and even hatred.
It must have been a mess living inside his skin.

Thats awful R4VEN, are things better with him now?

Claire19

With the Moon square Pluto 9th Virgo to 1st house Sag of grandmother then it fits. Was your mother a single mother at the time of your birth? SHe may have been forced into sex and had the unwanted pregnancy. ALways with Pluto it is possible to transmute negative emotions into positive healing ones and this is what you have done I would say. It is just a little harder with a square but promotes great growth and transformation.:)
Was your birth mother of foreign extraction or living overseas? Did she have you in a charity or church type institution or were they instrumental in the arrangement that you live with your grandmother?

astrop86

I'm actually glad that I stumbled upon this thread, as I regretably share many of the traits mentioned above of possessiveness, controlling, jealousy, very deep and intense emotions thanks to a Pluto conjunct Moon in Scorpio in 3rd house. That 3rd house bit might explain how I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, so to speak.

Other than empathic abilities and a strong intuition and desire to get to the heart of the matter on things, are there any good aspects or ways of coping with the more negative aspects that anyone has found so far in life?

plutonianbabe

I was wondering how would it be to be born with Moon conjunct Pluto in Sagitarius...Sagitarius is the 'joker'of the zodiac,always easygoing,lighthearted and detached.Pluto is so intense,emotional and even obssessive.Honestly,I can't imagine how is it possible for this two energies to blend together!

I have my Moon conjunct Pluto, the Vertex, and Asteroid Lilith in Sagittarius in my 5th house. Also I have Chiron at the cusp of the 5th house conjunct Psyche, but in Scorpio. Honestly I am still trying to fully grasp these energies. I am a filmmaker (writer/director) that explores incredibly scary subjects in a colorful, satirical way. I experience extremes of being very intense and serious, feeling the depths of pain in myself and others, yet I also feel expansive joy when I allow myself to delve into the underbelly of corruption and uncover the root of pain. I am obsessive with finding the truth and creating films that contribute to healing the collective consciousness.
Hope this helps :)