Financial ruler in 4th - what does 4th really mean here?

SCP11

When people talk about the financial ruler as related to the 4th, the very general comment is about inheriting money from the family

However, when i look at celeb charts, my own chart, and reading of a couple other people's experiences with this placement, that doesn't seem to be the case at all

I'm in fact leaving my family, so i won't likely inherit anything
That has me thinking, since 8th house is that type of topic, wouldn't financial ruler in the 8th indicate something like that instead?

I'm thinking it could be earning from home, possible real estate things

But, i feel like this is very reductionist, usually people don't have careers just about that planet and house

I also feel like the superficial meanings of 4th house are only looked at too

What does the 4th house mean on a more abstract level? I think by understanding those abstract underpinnings, it becomes easier to notice the huge variety of physical ways the financial ruler (or any other) would manifest, rather than just instantly thinking 'home' 'family'
and then thinking oh 'money=home' 'money=family'

I really want to figure out what direction i'm supposed to be going with earning, what would suit me, and what would yield
For that reason i'd like to understand the 4th a bit better

I'm not necessarily asking for a personal reading, just deeper insights on 4th house and possibly financial ruler with 4th

Thanks!

SoulSquared

SCP11, I love your questions about deeper, more "abstract" levels of meaning for houses. For me, this is where concepts of the archetypes come in and shine in our personal and collective unconscious. I'd suggest to keep meditating on and plumbing resources for new impressions, images, and thoughts for the houses (and signs and planets for that matter). Add them to the profiles. I've discovered rich, magical images and ideas about the most boring sign of all - Capricorn - that have given new dimension and glamour to his profile. Find old books, or creative astrology writers online.

I look forward to getting to the soul of the 6th house, one day.

As for "Financial rulers" and houses, as I understand it, this is not just one place or thing in a chart. Although the 2-8th axis is where we usually start.

As it happens, my 4th house ruler (Venus through Taurus) is in my 2nd house (perhaps the opposite placement of what you're discussing, but I hope inversely relevant). I am very much leaning towards real estate as my first major investment with my mother (who is Libra with Taurus rising). Just something to chew on.

Have you looked at recent or notable transits to your 8th, 2nd, and 4th houses at all?

SCP11

SCP11, I love your questions about deeper, more "abstract" levels of meaning for houses. For me, this is where concepts of the archetypes come in and shine in our personal and collective unconscious. I'd suggest to keep meditating on and plumbing resources for new impressions, images, and thoughts for the houses (and signs and planets for that matter). Add them to the profiles. I've discovered rich, magical images and ideas about the most boring sign of all - Capricorn - that have given new dimension and glamour to his profile. Find old books, or creative astrology writers online.

I look forward to getting to the soul of the 6th house, one day.

As for "Financial rulers" and houses, as I understand it, this is not just one place or thing in a chart. Although the 2-8th axis is where we usually start.

As it happens, my 4th house ruler (Venus through Taurus) is in my 2nd house (perhaps the opposite placement of what you're discussing, but I hope inversely relevant). I am very much leaning towards real estate as my first major investment with my mother (who is Libra with Taurus rising). Just something to chew on.

Have you looked at recent or notable transits to your 8th, 2nd, and 4th houses at all?

I certainly will have to find those creative associations and find ways to relate them to form a fuller picture!

It's usually the thing with financial rulers where i find it relates to the chart at large, or in some subtler ways which makes it much more complex to navigate. It gets me wondering about the possible underlying meanings of symbols that i'm not seeing due to lack of knowledge. Your example helps, i think with looking at celebrities there's some bias where the career is obviously going to have an element of fame and showmanship, so it wouldn't relate as well for a celeb to primarily earn through property investment or working from home

Currently my 2nd house ruler Jupiter just entered my second house Sagg, it is one degree away from conjuncting my natal Pluto in second, 8th house ruler Mercury is in second house, temporarily retrograding into first, and Saturn my 4th house ruler is in capricorn, third house. After the crazy mars retro in aquarius, the 4th is currently empty.
Interestingly a careers advisor asked me if i wanted to look into a graduate position related to housing, but i don't feel i meet the requirements, but then i wonder if jupiter being in my 4th might make me lucky in receiving from that kind of job.

Largely though i want some artistic creative outlet and to earn from it, although i'm good at things related to jupiter's higher education side, i have no passion to continue university even though getting a phd would benefit me financially. I'm going to try and figure out how Jupiter and all the other aspects of my chart fit and hopefully i'll be able to notice more easily when i'm choosing something that is speaking to my core and true direction.

SoulSquared

Yes, Jupiter transiting the 4th - that was the first thing I wondered about, reading your reply. I'd need to visually see the placements before commenting on anything else regarding the transits to the houses in question. They're so important in timing, with financial matters.

Buying a house with my mum is moving pretty fast, and I think Venus is still in the throes of its wacky back-and-forth (in a very long retrograde-stationary-retrograde pattern making all sorts of dramatic aspects). I'm trying to think of a way to stall the actual buying until after Venus is rolling steady again. It'll be interesting explaining that to her :)

There sure seems to be something cooking in your 2-8 axis.

I would think that Mercury retrograde in 2 may be a factor in why you're thinking about finances/value from new and more esoteric angles.

SCP11

Yes, Jupiter transiting the 4th - that was the first thing I wondered about, reading your reply. I'd need to visually see the placements before commenting on anything else regarding the transits to the houses in question. They're so important in timing, with financial matters.

Buying a house with my mum is moving pretty fast, and I think Venus is still in the throes of its wacky back-and-forth (in a very long retrograde-stationary-retrograde pattern making all sorts of dramatic aspects). I'm trying to think of a way to stall the actual buying until after Venus is rolling steady again. It'll be interesting explaining that to her :)

There sure seems to be something cooking in your 2-8 axis.

I would think that Mercury retrograde in 2 may be a factor in why you're thinking about finances/value from new and more esoteric angles.

Oh yes, natally it's 4th house, in transit it's currently in my second
I've been looking at finances from an esoteric angle the past year really so i think it might be about something else, there's yet a new moon to come in there, it might highlight it
The charts i attached are in placidus but i look at whole sign

I don't know if you've seen this talk, but it's a really good explanation of the signs, i wish he talked about houses he's really good, i might use his cancer explanation to understand the 4th better, then look into aquarius and colour it with that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLhw9ndeEH8

I like what he says at the end about the ascendent, it is the way through which we reach the highest expressions of the sun sign

With your buying situation, venus will be opposite uranus for a while! Although it could end up being a pleasant surprise, so if your mum demands to buy something just go along with it:biggrin:

Last edited:

SoulSquared

SCP11, yes I'm sure there'll be some surprises with the buying situation with Uranus opposing! As long as Venus is direct I'll be feeling more at ease with signing something.

The video is great. I have not seen it before. I just wish I had enough data at home to watch larger chunks of it. Well I've enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so, so thanks for it :)

Will continue it at the office (my neighbourhood cafe).