21st December

Sofie

I'm sorry to pop this here, I am hoping to get some engagement and a relatively quick reply. The matter in question is the astrological 21st of December, 2020. A dear family friend is taking a long flight on that day and said he heard something bad is supposed to be happening astrologically and he wonders if he needs to change his scheduling.

My astrological interest is in horary. I really have no clue about predictions. Can someone tell me if there is an eclipse or something and, whatever 'bad' thing is supposed to be taking place, at what time in the day that is, and if there is any self-care advice that goes with that. I am very grateful for your engagement. Thank you!

Sofie

Thank you, CT! Now I know what it is, and I'll be looking out for it in the night sky, is this conjunction ominous for personal safety, or not really, it's just a nice to know?

conspiracy theorist

It's a long term transit, so those planets have been hovering over those degrees for awhile. Does he have anything sensitive between 1-3° of any fixed sign? Saturn/Jupiter will be square Uranus, and any planet in those degrees will get caught in the cross-hairs.

I personally wouldn't change my scheduling based on this transit, however what I would do should have no bearing on what your friend ultimately decided to do. I'd want to look at other testimonies of danger on that particular day before I go out to reschedule.

katydid

It's a long term transit, so those planets have been hovering over those degrees for awhile. Does he have anything sensitive between 1-3° of any fixed sign? Saturn/Jupiter will be square Uranus, and any planet in those degrees will get caught in the cross-hairs.

I personally wouldn't change my scheduling based on this transit, however what I would do should have no bearing on what your friend ultimately decided to do. I'd want to look at other testimonies of danger on that particular day before I go out to reschedule.

This conjunction is making a major aspect in my chart. :whistling:

My MC is @ 1 Aquarius. My Sun is @ 0Scorpio35.

So the Uranus is opposing my Sun/Mercury midpoint @8Scorpio in the 7th.

And Jup/Sat is conjunct my MC, which squares my natal Scorpio Sun in the 6th.

This looks like kind of an ugly transit to me...it is cautioning me, actually WARNING me to be careful of public places...[MC]

I am going too have to adhere to my quarantine and take part in a ZOOM Christmas this year, sadly enough. :bandit:

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I believe we're entering a new age in the midst of one of the worst events in world history, like the beginning of the end one may put it.

And a new generation will be born afterward. Take a look at generations born after a Great Conjunction. We can project or predict the next 2 decades and what it will mean for this new generation born after Gen Z or the "zoomers".

(Baby) boomers: 1940(45)-1960(63) (jupiter-saturn conjunct in Taurus-1940/41 period).

Gen X/"Doomers": 1960(64)-1980(82) (jupiter-saturn conjunct in Capricorn + Aquarius-Jan /Feb 1962).

Gen Y/millennials: 1980(83)-2000(01) (jupiter-saturn conjunct in Virgo-Mar/Aug/Dec 1980).

Gen Z/"zoomers": 2000(02)-2020 (jupiter-saturn conjunct in Taurus-May/Dec 2000 - new millennia Jan 1, 2001).

"Great Reset": 2020(21)-2040 (jupiter-saturn conjunct in Capricorn + Aquarius-Dec 2020/Jan 2021).

CapAquaPis

3 great conjunctions: 1226-the Magna Carta in England was signed a decade earlier, 1623-the foundation of the USA as a group of colonies under the British 3 years earlier, and 2020-the world in a pandemic now has a vaccine to make 2021 a much better year. I see this conjunction as "science (Saturn and Aquarius) over superstition (Jupiter and Capricorn)", but brighter Jupiter transits into Aquarius heralded the end of the old and beginning of the new. And today is the December solstice (winter in northern/summer in southern) indicates the under-developed southern world unites with the northern, which already united the former Communist Authoritarian eastern bloc with the Capitalist Democratic western one before the end of the last century or millennia (1990s).

CapAquaPis

Some Astrologers who even associate Jesus with Aries-Libra, but I think the ram symbolizes Judaism and Moses more. The period of the ages of Taurus to Aquarius are ruled by Abrahamic/Monotheist/Middle-eastern religions to spread out globally (esp Christianity and Islam, both were influenced by Judaism and earlier Semitic religions). I was discussing this with friends on this Christmas season:

Age of Leo - conception and development of humanity.
Age of Cancer - birth and female deities.
Age of Gemini - civilization and organized religion.
Age of Taurus - Hinduism (4004 BC-2001/02 BC) or the "Turanians" in Asia.
Age of Aries - Judaism (2000 BC-1 BC) or the "Aryans" in Europe.
Age of Pisces - Christianity (1 AD- 2020/21) or western civilization.
Age of Aquarius - Islam (2021/22-4040/44 AD?) or science.
Age of Capricorn - Satan or the false messianic antichrist.
Age of Sagittarius - God or the return of the messiah.
Age of Scorpio - death and destruction of the world.
Age of Libra - Judgement and resurrection.
Age of Virgo - paradise? and rebirth of humanity.

We should be in the Aquarian age as of this week entering a new year (2021). I would think a Sagittarius aspect is in there, the great Saturnian conjunction involves Jupiter. The age of Leo might began the astro-chronological cycle around 10-12,000 BC and the final age of Libra is around 11-13,000 AD.

JUPITERASC

I'm sorry to pop this here, I am hoping to get some engagement and a relatively quick reply. The matter in question is the astrological 21st of December, 2020. A dear family friend is taking a long flight on that day and said he heard something bad is supposed to be happening astrologically and he wonders if he needs to change his scheduling.

My astrological interest is in horary. I really have no clue about predictions. Can someone tell me if there is an eclipse or something and, whatever 'bad' thing is supposed to be taking place, at what time in the day that is, and if there is any self-care advice that goes with that. I am very grateful for your engagement. Thank you!
Jupiter's alignment with SATURN
occurs at intervals of just under 20 years

Jupiter and SATURN are the "Great Chronocrators"
their alignment regarded as a significator
of great social
economic
and
political watersheds
- historic turning points.

keep in mind that
Every 40th conjunction
- roughly once every 800 years
- brings the alignment back
to within about 1 degree of its starting place :smile:

this approximate 800 year cycle is termed
SECOND ORDER RECURRENCE aka GREAT MUTATION CYCLE
and
the CURRENT JUPITER SATURN ALIGNMENT
on 21 December 2020

is a SECOND ORDER RECURRENCE aka GREAT MUTATION CYCLE
having last occurred 800 years ago :smile:

Osamenor

Staff member
Right now isn't a safe time to take a long flight, period, because of Covid. We don't know when that risk will pass.

I trust the opinion of astrologers who say we're probably going to see fewer restrictions on travel the farther Jupiter gets from Saturn. I think that myself. But whether or not that means travel will get that much safer that fast, isn't certain astrologically.

If your friend isn't in a position to postpone his trip til mid 2021 or later, then he'll have to take the risk and minimize it as best he can.

None of this means he personally is in any particular danger, any more than anyone else. That depends on what transits and progressions are affecting his natal chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
There are two astrologically important events happening on this date: the sun enters Capricorn, which it does every year at the December solstice, and Jupiter and Saturn form a once in a lifetime grand conjunction on the cusp of Aquarius, exact today.

Jupiter and Saturn have already conjoined in Capricorn, and they conjoin every 20 years, but at most of their conjunctions, they're at different declinations. Being at the same degree of the same sign, which is the definition of a conjunction, means they're at the same degree of celestial longitude. That doesn't mean they're right on top of each other. For that, they'd have to also be at the same declination--that is, the same degree of celestial latitude. (Imagine the latitude and longitude lines on a globe. Then imagine throwing them up into the sky. Stars and planets are mapped the same way, with astrological signs being drawn along the meridians.)

Right now, they are at the same degree of both latitude and longitude. That is a grand conjunction. The last grand conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn happened in 1623. The next will happen in 2080.

That's highly significant, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad will happen, even to people who have placements at those sensitive degrees. Those people are likely to see something highly significant in their lives, but it can be good or bad or neutral.

But Jupiter and Saturn being in orb of conjunction for most of the last year is reflected in the travel restrictions and derailed travel plans worldwide. Jupiter rules long distance travel. Saturn is the planet of restrictions. Saturn clips Jupiter's wings. Especially when they're in Capricorn, which is Saturn's kingdom and Jupiter's detriment. Jupiter is extra restricted there.

Now that Jupiter is no longer in Capricorn, he's gaining some freedom to be himself and grant his gifts, but while he remains with Saturn, Jupiter things are likely to remain restricted. Over the next year, Jupiter will move away from Saturn and then move into Pisces, his own domicile. Over that time, Jupiterian things, like travel, will likely become much freer.