SATURN is sole undisputed ruler of AQUARIUS - discuss

acespades

my ascendant, Mars and Sun are Aquarius and I don't fit well on the Saturnian traits :innocent:

my core personality fits well on the Uranus (unpredictable, intellectual, off-beat, unorthodox, original, despise traditions & methodologies)

I disagree with saturn as the undisputed ruler of Aqua..

JUPITERASC

time-nomad-post-201801005-classical-planets-rule-zodiac-1x1.jpg

Opal

Premium Member
My planetary hour and day of week: 2pm on a Friday means I have Mercury. Combined with Uranus and Saturn (traditional), this can explain genderfluidity. These planets (Mercury square and opposite Saturn and/or Uranus)-Aquarius sun/moon here : I'm a Mercurian with a lot of Uranian and Saturnian natures. I identify as both male and female, although I'm a hetero bio-male. Mercury and Uranus are thought to influence LGBT traits on some people's natal charts.

mine is mercury too Tuesday though.....11:34 am

Jupiter though is my ruling planet.....

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Opal,

I see nothing of the sort. The outers move way too slow to be of any value to an individual chart. I will accept the argument that the outers apply to entire generations, but nothing more.

The fixed stars are even slower.....do you find them of any value?

Opal

Premium Member
and then.......

SatuRN ends with RN as does CapricoRN

UranUS ends with US as does AquariUS

just saying.......:biggrin:

CapAquaPis

The Mercury in ascendant, esp. placement in Cancer, is a high risk of autism in some natal charts. Mercury in Pisces, esp. the 9th house is another factor (I have that placement). At least, we learn about the terms to describe a planet trine, square, sextile, etc.

CapAquaPis

below the column headed HOUSE
SATURN IS SOLE DOMICILE RULER OF AQUARIUS :smile:

by the way

for beginners who do not know
HOUSE = DOMICILE
i.e.
House is aka Domicile

NA6KoNM.png

anyone got a table illustrating differently - post it

Would the Sun be the elevation of Aquarius, the Moon the depression and it is the opposite for Capricorn, another sign ruled by Saturn? I may confuse it with exaltations in another form of astrology: the Sun is exalted in Aquarius and the moon is for Capricorn. Like Saturn being considered the domicile ruler of Aquarius in traditional astrology, Saturn is a major ruler for Aquarius in the modern, but personally, I believe the sign is ruled more by Uranus.

JUPITERASC

Would the Sun be the elevation of Aquarius, the Moon the depression
and it is the opposite for Capricorn, another sign ruled by Saturn? I may confuse it with exaltations in another form of astrology:
the Sun is exalted in Aquarius and the moon is for Capricorn.
Like Saturn being considered the domicile ruler of Aquarius in traditional astrology
Saturn is a major ruler for Aquarius in the modern
but personally, I believe the sign is ruled more by Uranus.
The exaltation positions are :smile:

• Sun: 19th degree of Aries (i.e., 18°00' - 18°59')
  • Moon: 3rd degree of Taurus.
  • Mercury: 15th degree of Virgo.
  • Venus: 27th degree of Pisces.
  • Mars: 28th degree of Capricorn.
  • Jupiter: 15th degree of Cancer.
  • Saturn: 21st degree of Libra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exaltation_(astrology)

Exaltation_Degrees_of_the_Planets.jpg

david starling

The exaltation positions are :smile:

• Sun: 19th degree of Aries (i.e., 18°00' - 18°59')
  • Moon: 3rd degree of Taurus.
  • Mercury: 15th degree of Virgo.
  • Venus: 27th degree of Pisces.
  • Mars: 28th degree of Capricorn.
  • Jupiter: 15th degree of Cancer.
  • Saturn: 21st degree of Libra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exaltation_(astrology)

Exaltation_Degrees_of_the_Planets.jpg

Limiting Exaltations to only one degree of a Sign appears unnecessarily limited, and nonsensical. As usual when it comes to Traditionalistic astrology, the only answer as to "why?", is "Because the ancients knew best, and they SAID SO!"

Bunraku

Something interesting is that Saturn rules the airy triplicity during the day.

Saturn's joy is in the 12th house, an "airy" part. The joys of Jupiter and Sun are placed highest near the midheaven because they're associated with fire, an element that rises to the top (upward trending), Saturn and mercury just below (left/ascendant) it because it's associated with air (upward trending), Mars with water (right/descendant) because water flows downward (downward trending), and Venus and Moon at the bottom for the earth element (downward trending). This fits Aristotle's conception of the Natural Place

Mercury rules the airy triplicity during the night, with Jupiter participating (due to its close proximity)

Ideas not by me, but by Chris Brennan.