(need Guinea pigs) Trying to make a connection between archetypes and astrology.

Brea

Hi! I dont know if many people here have been exposed to archetypes, so Ill give a little background info. Archetypes are personality patterns that are recognizable in ourselves, some patterns MUCH stronger than others. The idea of "archetypes" was created by the famous psychologist Carl Jung. Our world in theory is ran by patterns, stories as children, books, tarot, mythology, and even in movies(this is how actors are chosen for a part). Im sure you would laugh if you ever saw a movie where Robin Williams played the part of a noble king? maybe a jester would be more suited? (Robin Williams has the "fool" archetype)

Ever wonder why the Greek Gods didn't act "god-like"? Its because they were created/based on human behavior. Anyways, one Archetype we all have is a god/goddess. We are connected to all of these god/goddesses (the personality/stories) one way or another, but ultimately there is one that mirrors our core personality/life story. They say when we live up to this story we encounter the most success in our lives. We often times "worship" celebrities because they embodies gods and goddesses, and also the drama evoked between them. Because the Greeks have had such a great influence over astrology I want to try and make a connection between it and Greek gods/goddesses.

So What Im asking of you, is to humor me, and read either the books "gods in every man" or "goddesses in every woman" by Jean Shinoda Bolen (much easier than having to decider all the deeply symbolic stories of the Greeks on your own), read up on the Greek gods yourself, or go to this here link: http://www.goddess-power.com/. Once you have an idea of what god/goddess you are (I have read the above books and I would be more than glad to help you.) please respond back with your natal chart and the god/goddess you think you are. Unfortunately men will have a difficult time finding anything online on this subject, but I wish you all the best.

Thank you all so very much for taking the time to help me, this has been something Ive wanted to do for a loooong time. Happy hunting. :biggrin:

Here are my notes from the book Gods in Every Man by Jean Shinoda Bolen (notes from her goddess version will be added at another time). These notes were intended just for myself so please excuse the poor organization. :D

Gods:

Zeus
General:Strong willed, authoritarian, has temper, aggressive, makes things happen,
Jungarian personality traits: usually extroverted, thinking, sensation, intuition, present and future oriented.
As child: not happy with playing by self, bossy, always the leader (becomes depressed or temperamental if he isn't), plays with soldiers, fleets of cars, building blocks.
Work: likes to be in charge, assesses the people he works for, sees bigger picture, adapts thoughts, hard worker, likes capitalism, realistic, confident, acquires money and power easily, doesn't take it personally, can easily lay people off or throw out of business.
Women: Strategies to seduce women, changes his form t o be appealing, feels entitled to pursue specific women, doesn't expect women to love him for him or for his soul, doesn't like to discuss feelings or the relationship.
sexuality: sees women as "perks" or as measures of his status, not typically a good lover ( can become self centered in the bedroom), his choice of sexual partners reflect his emotional poverty, enjoys being dominated sexually by women.
Notes: Issues with authority, self assured, strategist, avoids power struggles he cant win, natural leader, dates popular girls, typically sexually active, not an idealist, not intellectual.
strengths: Ability to use power, decisiveness.
Weaknesses: Ruthlessness, Emotional immaturity.

Poseidon
General:Feels strongly about everything, harbors intense feelings, generates clutter.
Jungarian personality traits: Extroverted of introverted, feeling, past and present oriented.
As child: responds immediately, intensly, and spontanously to whatever effects him with feelings and action, wants whatever attracts him, wants it and wants it now, feels it isn't the same if he gets it out of the moment, loses sight of what was important to him.
Work: looks for work that matters to him and provides income, self respect, and respect from others, out of his element in offices and factories, work requires him to repress his emotional nature, wants a piece of the materialistic good life, often works best in nature.
Women: May dominate women (consciously or unconsciously), attracted to women who fit his personal image of a beloved, women must run away from his aggressive dominating nature for him to attune to another person and become caring and sensitive.
sexuality: Sexuality is a force of nature, highly instinctual, feels entitled to sex, can be insensitive during lovemaking, easily taken by forces urging him to have sex.
Notes:Emotional, intense, in hot pursue of sexually attractive women, School sometimes uninterested them, dislikes analytic or repetitious work, hates tests.
strengths: Loyalty, access to feelings.
Weaknesses: Destructive emotionally, emotional instability, low self esteem, tends to bottle emotions.

Hades
General: Invisible, quiet personality, weak willed, stands our for acting peculiar, shy, serious, withdrawn.
Jungarian personality traits: Introverted, sensation, oriented in past present and future.
As child: Reacts unexpectedly to new people and situtaions, takes in experiances, doesnt reach out for new ones, often becomes low self esteemed because of lack of acceptance.
Work: What ever he does, he does seriously, often stays at repitious jobs that offer no challenge, drawn to film making, psychology, litture, hospice work, theology, uses gifts to do deeply meaningful work he loves to do for its own sake.
Women: flirting and dating rituals are out of character, does poorly at it, can be deeply affected by inner subjective experience of a woman they hardly know, capable of having a deep soul mate connection, inappropriate flirting.
sexuality: can easily become celibate, easily given a bad rap though other male gods get away with doing worse, lives a fantasy, inappropriate, bad timing, easily labeled.
Notes: Walks to the beat of his own drum, runs into trouble when he tries to conform, he is uninterested in fads, is his own distinct individual, prefures his own company, ushually left alone, projects someone dangerous.
strengths: Rich inner world of images, detachment.
Weaknesses: Social invisibility, depression, distortion of reality, low self esteem.

Apollo
General: Sunny, curious, not a dreamer, easily gets along with others, , diplomatic, looks out for himself.
Jungarian personality traits: Usually Extroverted, Thinking, intuition, future oriented.
As child: Often popular with playmates, inquisitive, gathers information from environment, excells academically.
Work: Does well at work, realistic goals, often goes into professions that take years of education, medicine, law, adapts easily, competitive, seeks approval from authority, great organization skills (can sometimes manifest as OCD) work/learning provides gratification.
Women: attracted to independent, competent women, can be competitive when flirting, lacks passion (unless women become challenges), lacks emotional depth, emotionally distant, drawn to psychic , emotional and "irrational" women, often lusts for unimpressed women, can become controlling.
sexuality: Not easily distracted by attractive women, doesn't fall easily, can scare away women with his momentary intensity, women can feel objectified/possessions, after initial spark he loses his sexuality.
Notes: Excels at setting and reaching goals, usually has good grades, honor student, excels at extracurricular activities, wants to be a desired and favored son, wants to please father, becomes frustrated if unable to excel (due to learning disabilities etc.).
strengths: Ability to set goals and reach them, appreciation for clarity/form.
Weaknesses:

Hermes
General: Active, creative, deceptive, friendly, has genuine interests in everything and everyone.
Jungarian personality traits: Extroverted, intuitive, usually thinking, lives in past, present and future.
As child: often learns to walk, talk, and get into things early, expllores everything, touches and takes part in whatever he can, possesses innocent charm, inquisitive, cant sit down makes up stories, takes what isnt his, makes excuses.
Work: Diverse interests, doesn't like to do things by the book, opportunist, good communicator, good salesman, negotiator, innovator, values freedom, loves travel, persuasive, friendly, travel guid, relations expert, business man, sales person.
Women: Charming, Don Juan, friendly, charismatic, adventurous, bad boy, comes and goes in the lives of women, impulsive, seductive, manipulative, lies, charms.
sexuality: Highly sexual since childhood, curious, persuasive, pursues women he cant necessarily have or those that don't need him.
Notes: Questions conventional rules of success, interested in getting what he wants fom life, diverse interests, doesnt respect boundaries,doesnt typically work for grades or approval, work itself fascinates him, inventive, wanters from place to place, job to job, the spiritual, and philosophical interests him at some point.
strengths: Capacity to understand meaning, communicator of ideas, friendliness.
Weaknesses: Impulsiveness, sociopath, eternal adolescent.

Ares
General: Active, emotional, responsive, impulsive, overreacts, temperamental, competitive.
Jungarian personality traits: Extroverted, feeling, sensation, lives in the present.
As child: expressive from moment he arives, intense reactions, likes stimulation, exploratory, approches whatever catches his interest.
Work: Drawn to action and intensity, likes using tools, bored and restless with paperwork and long term goals, likes working with people, unsportsmanlike, erratic performer, loyal, usually goes into/becomes army, marines, law enforcement, mercenary, professional athlete, construction worker, oil fields, drawn to action and risks, impulsive spenders.
Women: Gravitates to women he genuinely likes to be with and can be spontaneous/physical with. Physical in his affection, most comfortable with women who are as involved as he is.
sexuality: loves to make love, wants a sexually liberated woman who enjoys sex as much as he does, in the moment, loves women and their bodies.
Notes: Aggressive, impulsive, physical, easy to anger, emotional, sexual, likes to be part of a group/crowd, uses sports as an outlet, enjoys competition, sometimes joins gangs, disregards authority, assertive, engrossed in the moment, energetic, demanding.
strengths: Integration of emotions and body, emotional expressiveness.
Weaknesses:Emotional reactivity, often used as a scapegoat, abusive, low esteemed.

Hephaestus
General:
Jungarian personality traits:
As child:
Work:
Women:
sexuality:
Notes:
strengths:
Weaknesses:

Donysus
General:
Jungarian personality traits:
As child:
Work:
Women:
sexuality:
Notes:
strengths:
Weaknesses:

Last edited:

Athene

Hestia, no doubt. And quite interesting, i have Vesta cj my AC :lol:

I found the site content you posted unexpectedly well elaborated, a great read !

Brea

Thank you so much for participating! I haven't met many Hestia's in my life, but she certainly is a great goddess.

sandri_90

Persephone. It definitely fits. Then I got Demeter.
Brea (it sounds like a goddess name by the way lol) thank you so much for this! I find this subject fascinating so I am going to do more research on it.

So, this is my natal chart.
One minor problem though: with astrolog32 I get Proserpine in 7Scorpio16 and on astrodienst Proserpine 29Leo59 and Persephone 7Virgo19 ?

Anyway, have a good day astrologers!

Attachments

• my chart.jpg
    my chart.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 24

Mark

Yes, I think it would be much more interesting if one has had personal experience with an archetypal presence. That way, you will have a definite connection, but don't choose out of a list what you personally feel that you are. Sadly, people are generally very bad at knowing themselves. I would imagine that most of the people who know you would pick a different name from the list for you than you would.

piercethevale: Would this be the same Rama as entered into India, circa 5114 B.C. Gregorian?

Erika

I got
3 Hestia
3 Artemis
2 Persephone
2 Aphrodite
1 Athena, 1 Demeter and 1 hera
My DOF is April 9 1958 Rabat Morocco, 17h10

()

Attachments

• Erika.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 27

Phoenix Venus

I took the questionnaire and had prominence with both aphrodite and perisphone.. (19 with aphrodite, 21 with perisphone)

i guess its fitting with both venus and pluto/merc conjunction in the first.

chart in sig

fushiafairy

I love archtypes and began reading Jung at age 12 when my mom took a psychology class. I did the questioner and came up with a triple tie: Persephone, Artemis, and Demeter. I knew Persephone would come up. The one answer during the whole quiz that sounded 100% like me was under Persephone. But I am equally mom, nature lover, and shadow peeker.

Demeter conjunct mars in Taurus in the 9th house.
Demeter square moon( in Leo in the 12th house).

Artemis intercepted in Gemini in the 10th house.
Artemis opposite Neptune in Sagitarrius.
Artemis in wide square to Peresephone

Peresephone in Virgo in the 1st House.
Peresephone sextile my sun and saturn in Cancer in the 11th house.
Peresephone in wide trine to Demeter and Ceres(also in Taurus in 9th House).

Last edited:

Mark

I would be more interested in direct experience of archetypes. Someone having a dream or vision of Rama or the angel Michael would seem to be much more meaningful. Then again, it could also be much more personal. It's a judgment call, I suppose.

fushiafairy

No direct dreams of any of these Goddesses or Gods, but
I dreamed of the eye of Horus in the moon watching me about 14 years ago.
On June 15, 1995 I dreamed of Christ descending from the sky in a lavender waving ring to come connect with me. It was the most amazing dream ever and the bliss and complete willingness to be absorbed was incredible. I am not a Christian either.
I do have vivid active dreams that are very symbolic.

serafin5

Dear Brea:

Turns out I'm a "Hestia" hands down with "Athena" in second but not a close second. My chart isn't posted so I'll give you my data.

Thank you so much for such a fun assignment! Will you be getting back to us with your findings? I hope so!:lol:

Blessings, Serafin5:smile:

2/19/64 Los Angeles, CA 11:30 p.m.

Brea

I read the thread but does it have to be from the quiz? Is it open to all archetypes or just western ones?

I would prefer it in the greek format, beings that the patterns are the same despite culture.

ABOUT THE QUIZ!
I am not a strong believer in the quiz posted on the fan generated page called http://www.goddess-power.com/. I may post up my own notes directly from the book, it would be tedious though.

Mark

fushiafairy: Excellent. I've had some experiences with Christ, though usually waking experiences and less visual. They were still unmistakable. I would think that the Christ Spirit would be the easiest to contact. He stands at the door and knocks, waiting for the door to be opened. While others may need to be found, He is close by and waiting on you.

fushiafairy

Piercethevale,
my mom is a strong Christian. My father is not at all, he said that the creative energy lay in nature if anywhere. At the time of the dream I was exploring my own beliefs and it was not the first time I had a vision of Christ. Around that time I read Edgar Cayce's story of Jesus. I do know Jesus is considered a prophet in other religions.
Interesting about the lavender flame. I do not think I have heard that before. The ring was not fire though.
In my dream it was a lavender ring that waved to a music all it's own, but I couldn't hear the music. It descended from the sky. I was on a green lawn with other people enjoying the beauty of the day. Everyone stopped to watch it. It turned so it was vertically in front of me. It continued to have ripples move around it, but it's shape became more oval. I knew it was for me and I experienced a bliss like no other. The center of the ring turned heavenly white. The light poured out and a man began to emerge. The man was also entirely heavenly white, but I could see his form. As he left the circle I awoke sitting up and gasping for air.

Who would Christ correlate to in Greek mythology? Is there someone....not familiar enough to have an opinion about that.

I have been lightly involved in Goddess/Pagan circles for many years. I learned quite a few songs over the years. One that I remembered and love is about Artemis.

Artemis, Artemis, maiden huntress come to us, holy maiden huntress

So I guess on some level I have felt a connection to her.

EhTeam

Hera = 23
Athena = 20
Aphrodite =18
Artemis= 9
Persephone =7

Negatives
Hestia = -2
Demeter = -13

If you want my chart, PM me.

Mark

I would not allege Jesus to be the son of God and a mortal woman. It's difficult to explain without a lot of backstory, but Jesus's birth was purely Divine (HINT: The Virgin Mary was also born of a virgin). Jesus gave and Cayce elaborated: He who climbs up any other way is a thief and a robber to their higher selves.

I also must assert that He is the only way to salvation. The key to understanding this is understanding that the man, Jesus, was a material expression of the One begotten Son, the One Soul. The man was a great man, but still a man. The One Soul, however, is not a man. The One Soul is that vessel created by God to embody Himself. It would help if you could read the way the Jews speak of the vessel in the Zohar. It is that One Soul that is the only way to salvation. The man, Jesus, was an expression of one of His many works and, thus far, the most important expression. The names, places, and stories aren't all that important. What everyone really needs is a relationship with that One Soul, the One Son of God. To know that One Son is to know Love in all its perfected forms and to truly find yourself.

Brea

...Christ in Greek Mythology...Hmmmm...I'm no scholar of that particular study but the Ion Son [Ion Sun] comes to mind...{he was the son of Apollo and a mortal woman]...and isn't Jesus alleged to be the Son of a God and a mortal woman?

<i}-:}

Dionysus is the Greek version of christ

Mark

I'm not sure there is a Greek version of Christ. Dionysus was one of many gods, not the One Vessel created by the One God. Wasn't Dionysus later called Bacchus by the Romans? Dionysus and Bacchus were both far too involved with loss of self through enjoyable physical sensation (drunkenness, orgies, et cetera) to be compared to Christ.

Olivia: My last post was meant as a response to piercethevale and fushiafairy. I believe you are correct about the view of Jesus between Judaism and Islam. Although, there is this little coincidence where Jesus fulfilled the Messianic prophecies of the Jews, His own people, but that can be discussed elsewhere. :joyful:

Brea

I'm not sure there is a Greek version of Christ. Dionysus was one of many gods, not the One Vessel created by the One God. Wasn't Dionysus later called Bacchus by the Romans? Dionysus and Bacchus were both far too involved with loss of self through enjoyable physical sensation (drunkenness, orgies, et cetera) to be compared to Christ.

Dionysus was the only greek god that didnt rape or pilage. Women felt safe and comfortable with Dionysus (unlike with any other Greek god). Dionysus was also the only greek god that didnt commit infidelity. Dionysus was a humanitarian, and the complete deffintion of Pisces. The Dionysus archetype is the first most spiritual greek god besides Hades. Those with this acrhcetype feel called to teach or become spiritul leaders. They have an appreciation for fine things, and dont possess a temper (and if he does its with injustices done to vulnerable people). I have alot of respect for Dionysus because much like Poseidon, he doesn't fit the male stereo type. He's sentimental, a feeler, and because he is so feminine himself, he has more female friends than male friends. Dionysus has also a strong connection to his mother, much like the mythology. Dionysus helped to grant his mother a place in the heavens despite the fact that she was human.

Remember that these are archetypes, and there is a positive and a shadow side to all of them (especially beings that they are made based on the actions of human beings). The shadow aspects dont always have to be acted on, but the shadow must be felt/related to, to some degree. A popular alternative to the Greek god Dionysus is the Egyptian good Horus (who also represents Christ and christ-like men)