Someone please read my chart - I'm totally clueless!

grace30

I'm only new to astrology, so I only understand the really basic stuff. I'm interested to know what other people see in my chart. :tongue:

Thank you in advance, if anyone takes the time to look at it! :)

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_04_grace.2805.35493.gif
    astro_w2gw_04_grace.2805.35493.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 39

Nathan

Hello Grace,

One thing that jumps out right away for me is the outer-world theme!

This starts with the preponderance of planets in the southern hemisphere.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/hemisphereemphasis.html

This would indicate that world-out-there is a big part of your psychological makeup and suggests that there may be a sense of calling to be in the world-out-there.

This planetary preponderance enters into a thematic relationship with your Asc as it in Capricorn: the archetypal sign of the world-out-there. And again this theme is further amplified by the fact that you have a stellium in the 10th house, which, of course, is the house associated with Capricorn. Your ruling planet is Venus. She is in Scorpio in the 10th. And finally, your Sun is still within 10 degrees of orb to the MC, yet another association of outer world energies.

With these things being said I see someone who is involved, implicated, conscientious and responsible (the Moon in Leo adds some fiery heat to the equation and the Libra Sun finalizes everything with charm).

Hope that that could help you out.

Feel free to ask more questions

Nathan

grace30

Thanks Nathan! :happy:

I did wonder if it meant anything to have almost all planets on one side of the chart, so thanks for explaining that!

Is there anything in my chart that indicates what careers would be a good option for me? And is there anything in my chart that indicates health problems? I don't know if these things can be inferred from charts, but they are things I'm interested in. :) I'm very preoccupied with success and am career-oriented, hardworking and extremely ambitious (to a fault, I think), so I sometimes wonder if it's "in vain", like if my chart doesn't indicate career being a big thing for me or something. My life path number is 8 and I've heard that that is career-oriented too though.

Thank you. :)

Nathan

Hello Grace,

As far as career goes common places to look at in the chart are particularly the MC, then the 10th, 2th , and 6th house all in general. Look at the signs on these cusps to start and you can also look at the planets in those houses.

A good long look at the ruler of the MC (Venus in your case) can be very telling!

But, for example, another perspective on matters of which concern your career could look at, say .... any planet that falls in your tenth house.

So...

Mercury 2 Scorpio in the 10th ( ruled by Mars. )*

(In this case Mercury will be influenced by Mars' placement. This is because Mars is, traditionally, the ruler of Scorpio and will contribute to the unfolding of Mercury's energies when he is located in Mars' home. Mars must be considered when interpreting a planet that falls into the sign of Scorpio. You could look to Pluto too, the modern ruler of Scorpio, in order to get something different and would yield important elements as well.)

Mercury has to do with all forms of communication. A career that allows for you to read, write, and talk are indicated by this. It would be favorable for you to be doing these things with and around other people. Mercury also has to do with the mind and curiosity. A career that allows for you to routinely move around from one task to another (both mental and physical movement) would be a great outlet for these energies.

A typical Scorpio Mercury character trait is "x-ray vision". Mercury in this sign position has ease to see right through things. Native's get to the core of the issue at hand. A career that would allow for you to take part in investigative research is an example of this--Even more so if this can be done in a way that contests the status quo as Scorpio also transforms things! Scorpio is also about shared resources and money. So The economy and stock market can be of interest. Mercury also rules money and commerce.

If all these things still seem to be questionable career paths you could look at a whole other side of Scorpio. Scorpio is also the shaman. Many people who have the modern ruler, Pluto, in aspect to their luminaries or other varying important points of focus like the angles end up working in the healing arts. Whether it is a psychotherapists or a person who maintains a sweat lodge, the archetype of going deep into the realms of the unconsciousness are notable themes associated with Scorpio. This is just a different outlet for the x-ray vision.

This can be done with other planets giving you some interesting images to add to the whole picture :) Getting into aspects and other more finer details with time will reveal even more.

___

*Mars in Cancer is on the Dsc (the archetypal location of Libra) and brings the Libra energies back to the table w/r/t to your stellium in Scorpio in the tenth. Mars is disposited my the Moon which is also on the Dsc.

___

I find the the most important but subtle thing for a career path is the Sun.

If the rays of your Sun can easily shine through your career then it should be smooth sailing ! :)

In your case, the Sun is in Libra in the 9th house. This would suggest that a career path that allows for you to participate relationships (air), particularly one to one (Libra), and travel long distances (9th) would be great. Maybe this energy finds better outlet in your journeys of the mind (9th) so to do with the higher education institutions, like teaching at a university rather than traveling but it could be both. All this energy is further intensified by the fact that your ruling planet, Venus, is conjunct Jupiter in Scorpio. Jupiter brings the long distance travel and philosophy back into the equation.

I also like to think that "where ever you are then there you'll be" philosophy. So when it comes to jobs, I feel that we will bring all our energies to the table no matter what the job is. Your energies will find proper outlets, or course, given the right conditions :)

I hope this can give you some insight for looking at a chart for career opportunities.

best
Nathan

grace30

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I appreciate it. :smile:

If my ascendant is in Capricorn, doesn't that mean that Libra is in the 10th? And if that's the case, would the fact that my sun is Libra and it's in the 10th, and my Midheaven is also in Libra, mean that career is an important thing for me? It seems like a significant house if that's the case (as does the 11th/Scorpio, but I don't know what the 11th house is about).

Nathan

If my ascendant is in Capricorn, doesn't that mean that Libra is in the 10th?

This will always depend on the house system you use it may be vary. The house system is a lengthy story:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/houprob_print.html

And if that's the case, would the fact that my sun is Libra and it's in the 10th, and my Midheaven is also in Libra, mean that career is an important thing for me?

Your Sun is in the 9th house from where I see. It is close enough to the MC to be considered as a planetary placement that gives importance to career because it is your Sun. Put Neptune or Uranus here and (under the right conditions) one may not feel compelled to be in the world out there.

The sign will show how you do something. The planet will show you what you are doing (The house will show where being done).

In this case the experience of 10th house matters will be colored by the sign qualities of Libra. But you have a considerable amount of planets that are still in the 10th house but have already entered the sign of Scorpio. These planets will represent fields of activity that you urge to do with and in your career (10th house). The sign will represent the kind of energy you do those things with and how you do them in general.

but I don't know what the11th house is about)

If you have the time and interest check out this free online PDF book.

Its here:

http://astrologystudy.blogspot.ca/2011/06/free-ebooks-by-michael-erlewine.html

Scroll down to "How to learn Astrology Part I".

The houses section starts on page 50.

grace30

Oh, I see now where I was reading the chart wrong (derrr)! Thanks for that. I'll have a read of those links now. :happy: