10th House 10th House 10th House

AstroAries

The 10th House is definitely an indicator of career field. All my life I wanted to plant things and to garden although I hadn't really focused on it until my mid 20's. I am 29 now and a few months ago I started studying about the career aspects of astrology and found out the 10th House is a strong indicator, perhaps the strongest. Well I looked at my 10th house which is in Taurus which sure enough indicates the agricultural field. It is sad that more people don't use astrology or dismiss it as utter quackery. It sure could help spare alot of people from disappointment at work and help them find fulfilling careers. I wish I knew about this when I was much younger so I could have been much further in life then I am now.

icequeen

Mine is in Libra and I have zero clue what that means. I would love to do marriage counseling. Is that it? Are there any other careers prescribed by it? My venus is exalted in Pisces.

AstroLogical

The 10th House is definitely an indicator of career field. All my life I wanted to plant things and to garden although I hadn't really focused on it until my mid 20's. I am 29 now and a few months ago I started studying about the career aspects of astrology and found out the 10th House is a strong indicator, perhaps the strongest. Well I looked at my 10th house which is in Taurus which sure enough indicates the agricultural field. It is sad that more people don't use astrology or dismiss it as utter quackery. It sure could help spare alot of people from disappointment at work and help them find fulfilling careers. I wish I knew about this when I was much younger so I could have been much further in life then I am now.

I have to laugh at the suggestion 29 is old... having made many, many more trips around the sun, myself. But in the narrow perspective of the "now" we all tend to feel ancient, I suppose. And surely, as you are deep within your first Saturn return at this time of life, all such matters of seriousness come to the forefront of your awareness. When your Saturn return has passed you will likely have a much clearer perspective which way not to go... and maybe some insight as to your natural path.

Astrology aside, the best rule of thumb for finding your career maybe rooted in simply following your heart and being self aware enough to know what you love doing in life. Yes, I hear the snickers and some do make money in that field but seriously, the thrill vanishes quickly in that career field. The goal must be more than just making money and striving for success as defined by others.

There are a number of key indicators for career affinity found in astrology. Yes, the 10th house is considered part of that. Yet if you consider the deeper meaning of the midheaven point (commonly regarded as the 10th house cusp) it represents ALL that you aspire to fulfill and achieve in life. It becomes more than simply an indicator of career—a worldly manifestation of a job, status and success—it also represents inner attainment, self realization and spiritual enlightenment. THAT is the deepest truth waiting to be discovered from the symbolism of the 10th House. When that inner goal of success is paramount, all the other matters tend to align to support that most personal goal.

The ideal is to find that path that comes from within you that naturally strikes a balance between what gives you joy, contributes/gives back in the way of service to others AND provides sustainable income in the process. Find that and you will likely be a generally successful and happy person throughout your life... and recognized as such.

AstroAries

Mine is in Libra and I have zero clue what that means. I would love to do marriage counseling. Is that it? Are there any other careers prescribed by it? My venus is exalted in Pisces.

Yes Libra and the seventh house is often associated with marriage so that may be a good area for you or maybe as a wedding planner etc.

AstroAries

My 10th cusp falls late in Pisces... I never really knew what to do and still struggle with it... Makes sense! :sideways:

Oh yes, my roomate has the same thing and he doesn't quite know what to do in life. He is a manager at Walgreens but he is not so happy there. I tried to help him out by looking for careers associated with 10th in Pisces but there is not a whole lot. It did say something about a career that involves water and also the medical field or helping people.

AstroAries

Yes agriculture is my passion in life. It comes natural to me and I enjoy it. it is very fulfilling and thrilling when I see a sprout come up from the seed I planted. I get so much joy and satisfaction from that. I used to think that I was destined to be a great soldier because my sun is in Aries and Aries was the Greek god of war lol, but now I know a little better although I am still greatly interested in military history. What other indicators are there that tell of career field in a persons chart?

grace30

My sun (Libra) is in the 10th house. I have no idea what that means.

I did one year of a Law degree, but hated it. Too boring (the people, the content etc) and my ability to see both sides of any situation meant that I felt I was constantly compromising my morals in hypothetical situations. I initially thought that I wanted to be a prosecutor, but I realised that there are so many issues with the current state of the legal system that that whole idea went out the window.

I've just started my second year of a Global Business degree with a double major in French and Economics. I love the fashion industry but am not particularly creative (great at critiquing but not creating), so I figure working in the business side of fashion is a possibility, but if that doesn't eventuate, I haven't got a clue what I want to do or what I'm destined to do. :unsure:

grace30

Yes agriculture is my passion in life. It comes natural to me and I enjoy it. it is very fulfilling and thrilling when I see a sprout come up from the seed I planted. I get so much joy and satisfaction from that. I used to think that I was destined to be a great soldier because my sun is in Aries and Aries was the Greek god of war lol, but now I know a little better although I am still greatly interested in military history. What other indicators are there that tell of career field in a persons chart?

All of the Aries I know dominate at life. Whatever they choose to do, they do well. I know this isn't what you asked but I'm only new to the whole astrology thing so I can't answer your question. I've just observed Aries' ability to get things done. Very determined, successful people, even if they do tread on some toes to get there. :biggrin:

AstroLogical

I did one year of a Law degree, but hated it. Too boring (the people, the content etc) and my ability to see both sides of any situation meant that I felt I was constantly compromising my morals in hypothetical situations. I initially thought that I wanted to be a prosecutor, but I realised that there are so many issues with the current state of the legal system that that whole idea went out the window.

I've just started my second year of a Global Business degree with a double major in French and Economics. I love the fashion industry but am not particularly creative (great at critiquing but not creating), so I figure working in the business side of fashion is a possibility, but if that doesn't eventuate, I haven't got a clue what I want to do or what I'm destined to do. :unsure:

Sounds to me teaching law might be a great fit. You have the basis in your education and some experience. You can place emphasis on the matter of ethics as a teacher —God knows our (any) legal system needs teachers who have a moral compass. You might freelance on the side with legal advice and taking on a case now and then—on your terms—to keep the wheels of your money making machine turning ;-)
Diversify your focus.
Don't think of only one career.
Keep some freedom in your calendar and interest in your brain by broadening your expression of talents...
... eventually making "a living" at all of them.

CapAquaPis

Can anyone tell me the placement of Venus, Ceres and Eris in my 10th in Aries? They are 3 "female" planets (they can represent gender nature) and my midheaven is 3' Aries. Am I working with large numbers of women? hhhmmm Let's see.. :innocent: :tongue: :kissing: :love: :wink: My Aquarius sun/moon conjunction (6 degrees apart) and Cancer ascendant are connected to women or feminity.

I had 8 jobs in my adult life (I'm 35 now) and still I wanted a career either in meteorology or cartography (map-making). This hasn't been accomplished and I ponder whether to return to community college after not going there for a decade, because it's not too late to pursue a career goal. I have a feeling I need to relocate into another city or state for a job involving meteorology or cartography.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Can anyone tell me the placement of Venus, Ceres and Eris in my 10th in Aries? They are 3 "female" planets (they can represent gender nature) and my midheaven is 3' Aries. Am I working with large numbers of women? hhhmmm Let's see.. :innocent: :tongue: :kissing: :love: :wink: My Aquarius sun/moon conjunction (6 degrees apart) and Cancer ascendant are connected to women or feminity.

Tenth house doesn't just indicate career, it also indicates public reputation. You've posted another thread on here about your gender identity. Maybe those feminine planets in a masculine sign in the tenth are an indicator of you becoming publicly known for that gender bending/gender combining energy.

Interesting tidbit: Christine Jorgensen, the first person to have a sex change operation, also had Venus in Aries in the tenth house.

Osamenor

Staff member
The house that your sun is in indicates the area of your life in which you most need growth in order for your personality to grow to its fullest extent. If that's the tenth house, then your personality needs to grow in the arena of public reputation. That can play out in your career field, but not necessarily. What people are publicly known for isn't always the same thing that they pursue as a career. If it were, we would think of Martin Luther Kind as an evangelical preacher if we thought of him at all, and of Gloria Steinem as a journalist if we thought of her at all... and yet neither of them is best known for what they did in those fields.

Everything you mention here is a very Libran field. No accident that you were drawn to try those things, even if you didn't make them your actual career. Is your Libra sun at the Virgo cusp, by any chance? If so, you would have a combination of Libra and Virgo messages in your core personality growth--both the need for balance and the need for critique. If not, then I would bet that Virgo and/or Capricorn is strong in your chart in some other way.

The best career for you would encompass all of the messages in your birth chart, particularly your tenth and sixth house indicators. If other houses in your chart have a very strong planetary presence, those indicators might spill over into your career arena, even if they're not traditionally associated with career choices.

grace30

The house that your sun is in indicates the area of your life in which you most need growth in order for your personality to grow to its fullest extent. If that's the tenth house, then your personality needs to grow in the arena of public reputation. That can play out in your career field, but not necessarily. What people are publicly known for isn't always the same thing that they pursue as a career. If it were, we would think of Martin Luther Kind as an evangelical preacher if we thought of him at all, and of Gloria Steinem as a journalist if we thought of her at all... and yet neither of them is best known for what they did in those fields.

Everything you mention here is a very Libran field. No accident that you were drawn to try those things, even if you didn't make them your actual career. Is your Libra sun at the Virgo cusp, by any chance? If so, you would have a combination of Libra and Virgo messages in your core personality growth--both the need for balance and the need for critique. If not, then I would bet that Virgo and/or Capricorn is strong in your chart in some other way.

The best career for you would encompass all of the messages in your birth chart, particularly your tenth and sixth house indicators. If other houses in your chart have a very strong planetary presence, those indicators might spill over into your career arena, even if they're not traditionally associated with career choices.

Thank you for your reply! :biggrin:

Libra is in the 6th degree. My birthday is September 30th. My ascendant is Capricorn, and I have two other planets in Capricorn in my chart. But no Virgo (unless Libra in the 6th degree is considered a Virgo cusp).

I have no planets in my 6th house, but it's in Gemini. My 11th house is the most full with Pluto, Venus, Jupiter and Mercury all in that house.

LyP

this is so weird,i have leo mc
what leo mc is supposed to be?

i dont have ideia than i want to be,but what i want don't match with leo lol

maybe i will be a cop,but while i think in being a court judge or plastic surgeon

or stylish, when I was a kid I always wanted to be stylist *-*

AstroAries

Possible career choices may be in government, sales, acting, management, teaching or business. People with a Leo Midheaven usually have personality plus, which puts the spotlight on them no matter what they choose to do. They enjoy being in public and building a wide swath of influence.

corporate manager, actor of outstanding renown, film director, senior civil servant, ambassador, all positions in the gambling, amusement, or art industry, as well as first-class hotelier, jeweller and all occupations related to the luxury world, fireman, tamer, policeman/woman, or rider

Thats what I found for Leo MC careers.

JUPITERASC

this is so weird,i have leo mc
what leo mc is supposed to be?

i dont have ideia than i want to be,but what i want don't match with leo lol

maybe i will be a cop,but while i think in being a court judge or plastic surgeon

or stylish, when I was a kid I always wanted to be stylist *-*
Leo MC ruler is Sun
Check natal location of natal Sun
also natal sign ruler of natal Sun
:smile:
as well as aspects between natal sign ruler of natal Sun and other natal planets and MC

icequeen

I just saw a wonderful chart with MC+Sun+Merc all conjunct, and forming an apex in a beautiful grand trine with 6th house Mars and a second house north node.
The only thing that afflicts the trine is Neptune from first house, squaring the MC.

Lord of sixth house is Venus, she's in Libra,no aspects. 11th house.

Lord of second is Jupiter (retrograde), in third,in Aquarius. Supported by Pluto from 10th and Neptune from 1st. Afflicted by mars from 6th.

With a chart like this she should rule the world!!!
Why does this lady keep having to work 2jobs which are menial, for low pay, and is generally oppressed by her employers?

Last edited:

LyP

Possible career choices may be in government, sales, acting, management, teaching or business. People with a Leo Midheaven usually have personality plus, which puts the spotlight on them no matter what they choose to do. They enjoy being in public and building a wide swath of influence.

corporate manager, actor of outstanding renown, film director, senior civil servant, ambassador, all positions in the gambling, amusement, or art industry, as well as first-class hotelier, jeweller and all occupations related to the luxury world, fireman, tamer, policeman/woman, or rider

Thats what I found for Leo MC careers.

hmn... thank you,very informative
i think i would be a policewoman,i want to work with or have luxe :innocent:

Leo MC ruler is Sun
Check natal location of natal Sun
also natal sign ruler of natal Sun
:smile:
as well as aspects between natal sign ruler of natal Sun and other natal planets and MC

thank you

i look to my sun and mc aspects

i need to look to mars or pluto also? (ruler of scorpio,my sun)

icequeen

My 10th is in Libra.
My 6th is in Taurus
My 2nd is in Capricorn.

My lord of 10th and 6th, Venus is exalted in Pisces in 3rd (afflicted by Lilith in 9th and Neptune in 1st).

My lord of 2nd (Saturn) is in 9th in Virgo - a great place for it.

However, I am doing Mercury type of work.
Not Venusian. Not Saturnine.

What gives?