Moon & Our Mother

tokyo.lights

Does your moon sign, house and aspects paint an accurate picture of your mother?
I’ve found mine to be eerily accurate!

------------------------
Moon Virgo 6th, only aspect to Mercury.
My mother’s strongest planet is Mercury.

She's most definitely very Mercurean…social, outgoing, gregarious, chatty…her phone bill is something tragic :D
As a mother however, VIRGO…super involved, worked crazy hard and a healthy dose of nagging. And never emotional. Also she never knew how to nurture, as if something was blocking her. My grandmother was the nurturing female in my early years.

My mother’s Moon squares Saturn, and also Jupiter.

ETA~ my more serious siblings have their Moon hard aspect to Pluto. My mother's dominant sign is Scorpio. It's funny what energies we choose to influence us.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
YES... to an extent. however, I pay more attention to the Moon as an element of everyday change, and look at certain asteroids in connections to the Moon as more a depiction of Mother.

AllanBeau

YES... to an extent. however, I pay more attention to the Moon as an element of everyday change, and look at certain asteroids in connections to the Moon as more a depiction of Mother.

Well I got a Virgo Moon my brother does also and my Sister has a Virgo Sun. My mother is completely void of Earth also. Though I can see why we all came out with the Virgo signature. I believe from having two Sagittarian parents it concentrates Virgoness.

I got my Moon in the 12th house. Mom has been working for the same hospital since she was 18 years old that's 42 years ago. She works for the Franciscan Brotherhood owned Catholic hospital...There's rectories for the priest and nuns, a campus. My mother did 12 years of Catholic School. She goes to mass probability 3 days of the week. She knows how to recite mass in Latin. She prays towards saints, as you ask them to pray for you. She has always had priest and nuns around her.

12th house is Hospitals, Institutions, Religion. Virgo the sign of the hermit. Moon Mother.

Moon trines Neptune sextiles Sun, Mars, Pluto. Moon has no bad aspects.

My mom is "Mrs.Perfect", its hard to live up to her standards. Shes the oldest of seven so she was always in a position of authority growing up. For not having any planets in Earth, she has been working the same job forever and owned her house at 25. Not many obstacles are in her path. She cooks, cleans, sews, works full-time, and manages the household. She is making jewelry as a hobby lately. She used to sew wedding dresses 1700 period by hand stitch. Always doing some sort of hobby. She never has touched a drug. My siblings and myself are all potheads. Once I peer pressured her into taking a hit off my cigarette, she threw up for 3 hours. I thought it was kinda funny lol Her advice is always right. Its irritating. Like a typical Sagittarius, she will bet you that your wrong lol and throw money down. Shes highly intelligent not stupid at all. A loner by nature, cause she will tell you the truth. Silver-tongued, some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is just mean could even be taken as rude. My friends think my mom is the ultimate B****. It just takes an understanding of her to like her. She is my mother so I do love her.

CURSED VIRGO MOON

She has no Virgo connects at all in her chart. Pisces/Virgo are intercepted.

Im going to look at her asteroids in a second...

What ones do you suggest Zarathu?

AllanBeau

Interesting my mom has Ceres conjunct Moon in Libra. She really is perfect in many ways....Its sicking (Maybe cause I got Neptune in 4th... Im blinded).

You know shes part of the Uranus in Cancer generation. She grew up with a mother who didn't breast fed. A generation that didn't see it as fashionable - Woman who were rebelling against social status of motherhood not femininity (Not like the feminine movement though - Thats the wonderful Libra in Neptune generation...resulting in Pluto in Libra children who grew up in single parent homes lol That's my own theory). These woman were obsessed with beauty... Looking perfect. Wearing gloves and a dress for a bathing suit lol A person seen as thin today would be considered "fat or voluptuous"... Not anorexic lol In the 40's and the 50's there was a certain sex appeal towards the idol woman. Marlin Monroe was even considered "Voluptuous"...I think she was a size 6 in today's clothes measurements. Corsets must of been in fashion then!

My mom is the exact opposite of that 40s/50s child rearing behavior...That's what kind of confuses me about Uranus in Cancer. She breast fed me for 3 years. Cooks like no other. Sews like I mentioned before. Always the head of the table...Mother has her ways of influencing Dads decisions, she wins in the end. Bread Winner - The PROVIDER. But in a weird-sick twisted Uranus-Way because she didn't want to be like her own mother if that makes sense. Shes like extremely feminine/motherly talented but personality-wise, NOT AT ALL that nurturing. Doesn't kiss your boo boos when you get hurt, doesn't tell you that everything is going to be all right when your scared or have a nightmare. She kinda reassures you that you will "Fail" lol Not the nicest person when telling you the truth. Shes almost cold and calculating when it comes towards being a mother. VERY Uranus-Like in Cancer I would believe. Her maternal instincts are strong but not personal at all. No hugs of good bye... Kicks you out of the house for not following her house rules...That kind of stuff. Being a Cancer myself, I can see that I am more nurturing towards people then my mother. Cancer caters to others issues. We are the mid-wives of the zodiac, if you have a crisis we stand by your side till the end. Needed more hugs and kisses growing up...Warmth. More then Uranus in Cancer could provide.

BUT I LOVE MY MA lol Im a Cancer for Petes Sake... I was my mothers wet blanket growing up. The baby of the family. Would always hug her when she would break down and secretly cry behind closed doors. I slept in the same bed with her forever lol Being the baby entitles me to be the most protected child lol Our charts don't go that great together... The only thing we have in common is were both Scorpio Saturn people. Shes a Sag Sun-Libra Moon im a Cancer Sun-Virgo Moon...Complete different temperaments. If there is such a thing as reincarnation or NN/SN Past-life relationships I feel as though I have been connected towards my mom strongly for a very long time. There's an imaginary umbillacord between us. ITS SICKING LOL

What house rules over the mother? Is it the 4th or 10th house? My father seems to fit my 4th house placements more-so. I may have Virgo Moon but I do got Ceres, Mars, Sun conjunct in Cancer 10th. My mother I could see as being the total Sun-Mars type of provider. Shes fierce oddly enough! Strong willed...Doesn't back down. Like Ceres, she will prove Death wrong - reincarnate souls from the underworld lol Prove life and death wrong...Cause like when she determined in a thought or action nobody is going to tell her different. She will even make the rules make an exception to her... Kind of like Ceres did. Everybody took her for granted... The gods did a Coo on her to get her daughter taken away...Nobody knew the power that Ceres possessed because nobody had ever experienced famine before. The gods had to send messenger Mercury to meditate and negotiate with Pluto.See Ceres kinda conquered Pluto in some retrospects. The ALL POWERFUL PLUTO. Transformer. Soul surrender and Death. The Tower card, falling from grace...digging your own grave. The energy that is said to be "All So Powerful" that it will destroy, and reinvent you. Ceres didn't care at all...Didn't show any fear towards Pluto. She was kinda native and innocent in retrospects. To get something taken away from you, robbed and raped from you. Stolen. Refusing to accept defeat or even a comprehension that the loss ever happened... To all the sudden getting everything back like nothing happened. Refusal to learn from loss, she doesn't even acknowledge it.

That makes me to wonder what exactly Ceres represents. She walked with a touch for 3 days and nights hunting for her daughter...Showing she didn't comprehend night/day. Then it makes you wonder about the other ancient goddesses such as Inanna/Ishtar, and Isis. Inanna is like a mix of Ceres/Venus/Athena all into one Goddess... I wonder what her representation in Astrology is. Its a wonderful Babylonian Myth.... Just FULL of symbolism. Goddess of Love and War...She gives mankind the ME - "attributes of civilization"... the social institutions, religious practices, technologies, behaviors, and the human conditions that make civilization (Athena aspect).

I don't know how accurate the asteroid is. It seems Isis (Asteroid) was named WAY before. Isis, Inanna, and Ceres all are related to agricultural rites. All three of them resurrected somebody from the dead, Resurrection- Proving that there is life after death... Not reincarnation. An act of a miracle of proving death wrong (Jesus for instance). Giving a group/civilization the faith that there is indeed life after death.

It makes me wonder if Asteroid Ceres is the energy of Inanna/Ishtar.

Ceres was a planet for about 2/3rds its revolution around the Sun before it became an asteroid. Pluto was about 2/3rds its revolution also before it became a planetoid. After that Ceres was then classified as a planetoid like Pluto. I wonder if that was a change in Ceres favor. Kepler found a method to connect the average distance of a planet from the Sun to the time it takes the planet to make a complete orbit around the Sun. If Im not mistaken this is how they discovered the "Outer Planets". If you were to follow this same principal then there should be a planet between Mars and Jupiter...Where Ceres happens to be located at. Who knows - Maybe Mars and Jupiter crashed into each others at some point...There still should be a planet there.

Ok I am done ranting hope this makes sense lol Im writing too much again.

AllanBeau

It makes me wonder if our Moon paint a picture of our mother from objective or subjective point of view?

That is a wonderful question LeoCassandra. Cause of course my siblings saw my mother from a different perspective then myself. Maybe the Moon is subjective because from looking the meaning of Sub/Obj it says fact Vs opinion.

The Moon is known as being bias and clouded. It just filters and reflects sunlight towards the Earth and it has no light of its own. Subjective is always bias. The Moon is a viewpoint or an expression of feelings, its not necessarily the truth but it is from your own point of view. Maybe the Moon is your own personal view of the mother. Or the environment of your early childhood.

I wonder if the objective point of view of your parents is the 10th/4th houses. Because it is the houses that are the scene, what sets the stage. Representing the unique props in the play, the scenery, the outward manifestations showing where the drama is occurring. Can't really change the atmosphere of the environment. A house is something that's concrete and not a point of view. It isn't emotionally connected or a personal opinion.

Who knows? Just taking a guess. Isn't all Astrology technically subjective?

Well how about Saturn ruling over the father? That planet takes 2 1/2 years to go through a sign. It only makes sense that the house is objective point of view. We all had different fathers! Saturn represents the authority figures in your life. Maybe that just makes the Moon the nurturing figures in your life. I know this is usually the mother. Does the Moon always have to be the "Birth Mother"? What about the powerful influential woman in our lives? I can say that I have had many woman in my life that I have looked up towards and felt a universal family bond with. Protecting me just as if I were their own children... MANY MOTHERS!

capleo2scorpio

I always wondered about this. I have virgo moon 12.09 degrees conjunct virgo ceres 15.49 degrees. I don't know if it is a good thing or not. Could someone enlighten me?

IleneK

Premium Member
It makes me wonder if our Moon paint a picture of our mother from objective or subjective point of view?

Good point.

There is your mom and, then, there is your mom. I think Moon is our subjective experience of the mother without terribly much regard for what she might be objectively.

surrealsuburb123

My Moon is in Scorpio conjunct Pluto. My mother can be the spawn of Satan at times. :eek: She is overbearing and overprotective to the point of suffocation. I get into a lot of arguments with her, but I can not deny the fact that I love her to death. I'm closer to her than I am with my dad, but it's still difficult.

astrology02

I have moon in taurus and it makes mostly positive aspects except moon opp. pluto...and I have to say I love my mom more than anybody else. She is very nurturing and has a kind heart.

LeoCassandra

Good point.

There is your mom and, then, there is your mom. I think Moon is our subjective experience of the mother without terribly much regard for what she might be objectively.
Yes. With diffrent people we have diffrent synastry....The way my mother portrays her mother is exactly how i would imagine person with Moon in Aquarius, square Saturn, square Neptune, opposite Uranus would do:joyful::rightful:

tautomer

No.

I have moon conjunct pluto in scorpio with moon in the 2nd and pluto in the 1st.

Everything says I should have an overbearing, smothering, and codependent mother who I can't escape from. This is just flat out wrong.

I love my mother dearly, and I owe her SO much for my life and where I am today. Not once has she harmed me, or done anything to me to intentionally cause me pain or discomfort. She is one of the most kind selfless people I know, we are extremely similar, and we share an emotional bond that very few people could understand. It's true unconditional love. Our relationship has never been bad, and it never will be.

The ONLY thing my moon gets right is that me and my mother are close and that she had a huge influence over me.