Testing My Astro Logic

Coyote

The hardest thing for me in learning astrology is the way logic works in it. My brain doesn't like to speak in symbols (well, not my conscious brain anyway-I have seriously complicated symbolism in my dreams and also when I just close my eyes and capture the first image I see on the backs of my lids). Where I start to feel like I'm walking into a house of mirrors is when I take the basic concepts I read and then try to figure out what that means in terms of my life, but I do think I'm starting to get it. I started this thread, separate from my first thread, so that I can post my conclusions and see if others who are more fluent in astro-logic agree that I'm thinking in the right direction.

I just read this:
With the planet of sex and death in your seventh house, your intimate, one-to-one relationships are the arena of your personal growth, transformation, evolution, and aspirations for power. How this manifests in your life depends on how Pluto aspects other planets and the angles in your chart, and on what house Scorpio rules in your horoscope.

So... I have Pluto, in Libra in my 7th house. Pluto is square Moon, which is in Capricorn. In other things I have read, the moon was said to represent home life, and Mother in particular. My interpretation of all this, therefore, is that a big area for growth for me is through conflict with my mother as well as learned behavior from early childhood.

Am I on target with my logic?

Attachments

• CoyoteEqualHouse.jpg
    CoyoteEqualHouse.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 20

katydid

Exactly. You piece it together like a huge puzzle. The moon in capricorn has set rigid standards for what may be expected of you, while the pluto in the 7th, may be sending subconcsious urges which challenge those rules. [Sometimes in the form of sexy scorpios bringing you temptation.]

Coyote

Exactly. You piece it together like a huge puzzle. The moon in capricorn has set rigid standards for what may be expected of you, while the pluto in the 7th, may be sending subconcsious urges which challenge those rules. [Sometimes in the form of sexy scorpios bringing you temptation.]

Ain't that the truth... my mother is shockingly rigid in her thinking, especially with regards to morality of any sort. Not sure about the sexy Scorpios, lol. It could very well be so. I never paid much attention to people's signs before this.

Mercury is also in my 7th house and it is also squared with my moon. I think this represents communication issues with my mother?

katydid

Yes, the moon in the 7th square the cap moon a the top of the chart can be troublesome. Moms does not want you sharing the families dirty laundry perhaps. You might be way too open and sharing with others than she desires.

Your pluto also has a nice trine to mars in 3rd house of communications which suggests you can act (mars) and communicate (3rd house) in easy empathy fashion connected to one to one relationships

The mercury opp jupiter can overtalk on occasions or undertalk when it should be talking to.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

I have pluto in 7th and this suggests you are attracted to 'strong authority type figure men' as in wanting the man to be the man. Wherever pluto is people want control, depth and breadth, extremely analytical types. So you wouldn't be attracted to 'shallow hals' who are just looking for a bit of fun or one night stands for example.

Moon square pluto can be emotionally obsessive controlling energy, learnt from mother in childhood. Therefore you would exert lots of pressure on yourself to 'control ones emotions'

Coyote

Yes, the moon in the 7th square the cap moon a the top of the chart can be troublesome. Moms does not want you sharing the families dirty laundry perhaps. You might be way too open and sharing with others than she desires.

She would if she could read my posts here, lol. The truth is, I rarely talk about it, though, since my family history isn't exactly a flattering aspect of me. I do think it is highly important to consider that aspect of myself in regards to my chart, but am unsure of my perspective. I don't want to assign a negative aspect to it that isn't there.

Coyote

Your pluto also has a nice trine to mars in 3rd house of communications which suggests you can act (mars) and communicate (3rd house) in easy empathy fashion connected to one to one relationships

Interesting... yes, I think this is definitely true about me.

The mercury opp jupiter can overtalk on occasions or undertalk when it should be talking to.

Yes... usually the problem is under talking lately, but I do swing both directions when I'm under stress. Could this also be related to the fact that my primary talent is writing?

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

So... Virgo Sun and Pisces Ascendant... this means that inside I'm very analytical, practical organized and driven, but I express it in an emotional way? This would likely explain why I test exactly in the middle on my T/F factor with the Myers-Briggs personality typing.

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Yes, it is certainly proving good therapy already. :)

I have pluto in 7th and this suggests you are attracted to 'strong authority type figure men' as in wanting the man to be the man. Wherever pluto is people want control, depth and breadth, extremely analytical types. So you wouldn't be attracted to 'shallow hals' who are just looking for a bit of fun or one night stands for example.

Not exactly authority figures, but I am strongly attracted to men who are more intelligent and assertive than me. It's not enough to just respect a man, I need to admire him too. This is why I'm a sucker for Aries men. I like to butt horns a few times, to test 'em out. :)

Moon square pluto can be emotionally obsessive controlling energy, learnt from mother in childhood. Therefore you would exert lots of pressure on yourself to 'control ones emotions'

So VERY true. I can brew and simmer for a long time, repressing my frustration or resentment, until one day, the balloon just pops and there's a huge fight. I also tend to obsess about hurt. If I feel emotionally wounded about something, I don't get over it quickly, ergo part of me always wants to play the victim. Yet there's another part of me that says, "Oh, grow up and get over it already!" and has no patience for mournful whiny part of me. :sad: And then there's the other part of me that attempts to arbitrate the dispute, and hands out reprimands for the unsanctioned use of mean words like "whiny",lol.

Thank you very much for your insights into my chart. This is helping very MUCH!