Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-27-2021, 12:46 AM
obsidianmineral's Avatar
obsidianmineral obsidianmineral is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 527
Mars Opposition Venus

I have this aspect in my natal chart.

I have the following aspects:

Mars in the 4th house, ruling the 10th and 5th, in Scorpio, opposing both Venus and Saturn by a 7 degree orb, squaring Uranus on a 5 degree orb.

Venus in the 10th house in Taurus, ruling the 11th and the 4th, squaring Uranus with a 2 degree orb and squaring the North Node by 3 degrees.

As for my experiences with it,

How can I possibly deal with it? The way this has manifested in my life is a bit strange. Both good and bad.

When I was a child and through adolescence I would be called ugly and was pretty skinny. Itíd affect me early on but later I stopped giving a ****. However right around the time I started caring about at least being presentable and not looking like a hobo 24/7, I had a glow up and suddenly everybody told me I was good looking. I also started working out and my body is muscular and lean.

I think I have a strong desire to attract women, although I usually play it cool and am never pushy. I see that other girls my age often send me messages and flirt with me. I think that the fact that I got attention made me care about my appearance and what others thought to an extent. I started doing things like taking care of my hair, trimming my eyebrows, etc. Some people say I look like a model. (Although I think theyíre exaggerating). To be honest, I like all of that but at the same time it deeply grinds my gears in the wrong way. I do not feel comfortable at all with having this image of vanity and being superficially attractive. I think it puts me in the wrong mindset. To be honest Iíve posted pictures of me on social media without my shirt on (as I say Iike the attention) but usually feel really off afterwards and end up deleting them. I sometimes use filters on my pictures. I think all of that is driven by the desire to attract but thereís something about it that DEEPLY, feels off for me and I usually end up doing things like deleting my social media or taking a break for a while. Iím done with putting up this image. Iím tired of living in a world that tells you that you need to look a certain way. I just wanna be myself. But my desires sometimes make me do things like Iíve said before.

Thereís this constant push between superficiality and emotional integrity thatís going inside me and has me feeling uncomfortable. I also admit I tend to be social and flirty with girls maybe too much. I like attracting others on a superficial level and having social intelligence and awareness. I like that people like my personality and a part of me wants to be sociable and popular, but itís more of a way of me realizing an idea Iíve always had about myself since I was a child: that I want to control my mind and something within me tells me that I like being that way. Maybe itís my Moon in Libra ruling the ascendant and being received by Venus (since itís in Libra), but a part of me has always felt like I am liked by women on an emotional level, even when I was a skinny little boy. I donít know exactly why. I feel like I also like women in general. I like that theyíre emotional and make me feel comfortable with my feelings. I donít know why but I feel like I can be sociable and good looking and funny and be talented, and at the same time that kind of pisses me off. Because superficiality leads to a false ego and honestly that is the single thing that I least like. I deeply despise being false and arrogant.


Iíve also been through some really bad breakups. Feeling a lot of intense love for people that neglected me and never cared about me. Iím quite cautious with relationships now. I do not believe in love and honestly only believe in myself. I think that what I truly love about life is chasing adventure and knowledge for myself. Not mundane stupid things like looks and attraction. Even though a part of me likes it.

What do I do?


Last edited by obsidianmineral; 11-27-2021 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-27-2021, 01:01 AM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 6,955
Re: Mars Opposition Venus

I hear you. Honestly how you feel is what a lot of people go through. They feel wronged by society because how you appear to others determines how they treat you, a fact you're aware due to your pre/post glowup status. On social media, almost everything is about image.

I think it's human to yearn for a connection, and that doesn't make you any more stranger than another person.

In any cases, can you post your chart? Was it your chart when we had a large discussion about Mercury being detriment in Pisces? lol
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-27-2021, 01:18 AM
obsidianmineral's Avatar
obsidianmineral obsidianmineral is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 527
Re: Mars Opposition Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
I hear you. Honestly how you feel is what a lot of people go through. They feel wronged by society because how you appear to others determines how they treat you, a fact you're aware due to your pre/post glowup status. On social media, almost everything is about image.

I think it's human to yearn for a connection, and that doesn't make you any more stranger than another person.

In any cases, can you post your chart? Was it your chart when we had a large discussion about Mercury being detriment in Pisces? lol
Thanks a lot. I feel like I wanna be likeable and attract others but at the same time I'm distressed by it. About my Mercury thing, all of my life is pretty much a mental process. I am deeply interested about philosophical views and about developing my intelligence and skills to the max (Mercury rules the 12th and 3rd) and also discovering truths about my psychology and self. I take it so seriously that I constantly deeply, take my time to come to a conclusion mentally. I constantly observe my thought processes and take a very long time to come to a conclusion. I try really hard to avoid self-deception. I observe my mind on what feels like a mystical level and take many kinds of ideas and thoughts and try to fine tune them and combine them. I am deeply attracted to interpretation and symbolism but also love hard core logic. I am also obsessed by things like music and try to develop my musical ear. After many months of practicing I developed a pseudo-perfect pitch. Like I can remember any note inside my head.


Here's the chart:


Last edited by obsidianmineral; 11-27-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11-27-2021, 07:16 PM
Zora Zora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 988
Re: Mars Opposition Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianmineral View Post
Mars Opposition Venus

I have this aspect in my natal chart. I have the following aspects:

Mars in the 4th house, ruling the 10th and 5th, in Scorpio, opposing both Venus and Saturn by a 7 degree orb, squaring Uranus on a 5 degree orb.
Hi obsidianmineral,

I pers. wouldn't consider your venus mars opposition as valid - because of too wide orb -to be effective. Mars rules aries - a firy cardinal sign to initiate something and to bring something on the way - not meant as long distance runner.

For me mars doesn't rule fix sign water element scorpio and your 5th house. Scorpio in 5th house is ruled by pluto. And your pluto is strong and passionate placed in own house as ruler of 5th house - male principle sun house- but in sag - connected with a deep sense for (religious) faith, spirituality and self-trust.

But what in fact is special with your venus /mars, is - that your venus in 10th house is in a mars ruled house - and reversed your mars is in 4th house in a libra venus ruled house - each as a tenant in the house of the other as landlord/house owner. Each having to respect the other's house rules for how to act.

Venus in every chart has two faces - as fix sign earth taurus ruling venus more interested in defending own territory and purpose - taurus is in a house. And this in your chart is in 11th house - social commitment and to give a personal contribution to and to be visibly present outside in society and on social media area.

And as cardinal air sign libra ruler venus for me is about sharing something with others. In your chart libra starts your 4th house - house of emotional identity and your emotions - mother and mother experience in childhood, your basic trust- your feeling yourself at home and what you need for. And mother as first female model role and first inner picture as a woman- a man looks for in a woman for relationship - in later life.

With venus as 4th house ruler in 10th squaring your natal uranus in 7th house - your mother is able to take impact on your lifepath direction and on your relationships and encountering people in general- too.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-27-2021, 08:05 PM
obsidianmineral's Avatar
obsidianmineral obsidianmineral is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora View Post
Hi obsidianmineral,

I pers. wouldn't consider your venus mars opposition as valid - because of too wide orb -to be effective. Mars rules aries - a firy cardinal sign to initiate something and to bring something on the way - not meant as long distance runner.

For me mars doesn't rule fix sign water element scorpio and your 5th house. Scorpio in 5th house is ruled by pluto. And your pluto is strong and passionate placed in own house as ruler of 5th house - male principle sun house- but in sag - connected with a deep sense for (religious) faith, spirituality and self-trust.

But what in fact is special with your venus /mars, is - that your venus in 10th house is in a mars ruled house - and reversed your mars is in 4th house in a libra venus ruled house - each as a tenant in the house of the other as landlord/house owner. Each having to respect the other's house rules for how to act.

Venus in every chart has two faces - as fix sign earth taurus ruling venus more interested in defending own territory and purpose - taurus is in a house. And this in your chart is in 11th house - social commitment and to give a personal contribution to and to be visibly present outside in society and on social media area.

And as cardinal air sign libra ruler venus for me is about sharing something with others. In your chart libra starts your 4th house - house of emotional identity and your emotions - mother and mother experience in childhood, your basic trust- your feeling yourself at home and what you need for. And mother as first female model role and first inner picture as a woman- a man looks for in a woman for relationship - in later life.

With venus as 4th house ruler in 10th squaring your natal uranus in 7th house - your mother is able to take impact on your lifepath direction and on your relationships and encountering people in general- too.
Hey, thanks a lot for your interpretation. Yeah, it might be a little wide. I guess that it could maybe manifest itself although not as strongly as other aspects. As for my mom, Iím not quite sure if sheís being represented by the 4th or the 10th. My father and mother have qualities from both sides, but if I had to pick, I guess Iíd say my mom is being represented by the 4th house like you mentioned, since the Moon is there. My mom always treated me with a lot of love and she always made sure that our home was very beautiful and clean for my brother and I. She likes fancy and beautiful furniture. She also has a rather more Arian side to her. She can be quite explosive and even holds grudges with others (although not with me) My dad represents for me ambition and achieving great things. Although I donít feel like I am pressured by my parents to do good. Theyíve been rather lenient with me and honestly all of my higher aspirations in life come from finding value, acting right and finding happiness. Being able to act out what I value makes me feel incredible freedom. Thatís the Sun.

About Mars, it is true that I have experienced bad things with other people in general. I try to be emotionally solid and integrate in my inner life and when I find myself in an environment that is superficial, that feels like itís dragging me down in life and not taking me to where I wanna be, I feel, really, extremely pissed off. I feel like I hate people in these times. I feel a lot of energy to act, perhaps too much. Itís paralyzing sometimes

Last edited by obsidianmineral; 11-27-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mars, opposition, venus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.