transits

pippo

hi all, i am new in here; i have this question: do transits affect everyone as transits the way they are or are they to be interpreted as progressions or transits on natal chart? it s quite confusing say if the venus retrograde transist affect us by mean of our natal chart and/or progressons-? thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Pippo, hi again. Listen, for those newcomers who have not enough astrological knowledge in order to give their own input first (astrological interpretation), we have created the Greenhorns Lounge. In here, you dont have to interprete your own question/chart. Outside the Greenhorns Lounge you are expected to give some own interpretation before others can reply.

Cheers, Starlink

wilsontc

Staff member
relate to birth chart, to pippo

pippo,

You asked:
pippo said:
do transits affect everyone as transits the way they are or are they to be interpreted as progressions or transits on natal chart?

I always refer transits and progressions back to the birth chart, putting the transits and/or progressions around the birth chart. The only time I look at transits by themselves is when doing a Solar Return, which is a chart made for the time that the Sun returns back to the position it was at the person's birth.

If you look at a current chart for right now without referring to a person's birth (i.e., an example of transits without the birth chart), you are creating a chart of this moment in time and of the events in time. Astrologers use these type of charts to interpret local and/or world events (i.e., events that affect everyone, not just one person).

Explaining the basics,

Tim

pippo

so, does it mean that transits affects us just as transits which are apart from the natal chart and progressions yes? for instance venus retrograde affects each of us as it is -the transit as such' then seconly on the natal chart and then the progressions? that can be quite confusing as to what is going to be affecting us then.

starlink

so, does it mean that transits affects us just as transits which are apart from the natal chart and progressions yes? for instance venus retrograde affects each of us as it is -the transit as such' then seconly on the natal chart and then the progressions? that can be quite confusing as to what is going to be affecting us then.

Pippo, it is not as confusing as you think. Like Wilsontc said, foremost look how the transits of the moment affect your own birthchart. That is the most important thing.

Venus retrograde as it is in the sky can be seen as having a general influence over everyone in the world. It works for the birthcharts of countries in the same way as in a personal birthchart, only then it will affect the area in the birthchart of a certain country. This could be the financial sector of the country, or the healthsector, the sector dealing with the public or the country itself (like an earthquake would do for instance when we get a Pluto transit in combi with Uranus).

Now, should the financial sector be "hit" by that retrograde Venus, then this will be felt throughout the country, because prices will either fall or rise. But in your birthchart you can see if this same transit will indeed have such a big impact on you or not (financially I mean). If it does not fall in your 2nd or 8th houses, then it is likely, that the Retro Venus will have a different effect on you, maybe to do with your 5th house, children, or your work, 6th house, but you would feel the general (country affecting) transit less dramatically. It would be more dramatic for the government of that country. Hope I made this clear enough:)