Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-12-2021, 09:37 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Am I going to get pregnant with A?

I am feeling soo broody right now. I asked the chart the exact question as you see above but I was really wondering if I am pregnant right now, even though I donít feel it.

The chart confirms I am not pregnant because quite simply me the Moon is in the sign of him Saturnís fall.

However now I am wondering if I will get pregnant with his bay looking at this chart. Ruler of 5th Mercuryís next sign is his rulership. I say in 2 months. Plus, my next aspect is a trine to the Sun, Sun being the life giver.

I think the chart is saying no I am not pregnant but I will be. What do you guys think?


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-13-2021, 12:28 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,837
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

I doubt it (5th house ruler in detriment, moon in a "barren" sign,) but please do not go down this road emotionally until you have:

1. talked things over with the potential partner. He will be on the hook for child support for 18 years or so, whether he even likes you or not, and whether he wants to be a dad or not.

2. Seriously considered what it means to raise a child. It's not just that cute little pink or blue bundle, it's the next 18 or so years. Think about how you will feel when your little cutie pie keeps you up for nights on end with an ear infection, or when your 14-year old starts rebelling and looks headed for trouble.

3. Seriously consider your birth control method.

4. Seriously consider your finances. Children are expensive.

"Feeling broody" happens, but this isn't an adequate condition for the serious responsibilities of motherhood.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-13-2021, 03:55 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I doubt it (5th house ruler in detriment, moon in a "barren" sign,) but please do not go down this road emotionally until you have:

1. talked things over with the potential partner. He will be on the hook for child support for 18 years or so, whether he even likes you or not, and whether he wants to be a dad or not.

2. Seriously considered what it means to raise a child. It's not just that cute little pink or blue bundle, it's the next 18 or so years. Think about how you will feel when your little cutie pie keeps you up for nights on end with an ear infection, or when your 14-year old starts rebelling and looks headed for trouble.

3. Seriously consider your birth control method.

4. Seriously consider your finances. Children are expensive.

"Feeling broody" happens, but this isn't an adequate condition for the serious responsibilities of motherhood.
Aries is not a barren sign. Lilly lists barren signs as Leo, Virgo and Gemini. Aries is neutral. Mercury is in detriment but still in a neutral sign as well, and it moves into the sign of 7th house in 2 units, so I wondered. But I think itís a no too.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
tikana (12-13-2021)
  #4  
Unread 12-13-2021, 05:36 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,837
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

UKPB, there are apparently different systems for determining barren vs. fruitful signs. In the system I learned, the air and fire (masculine) signs are generally barren and the water and earth signs are generally fruitful, with the following exceptions:

Libra and Capricorn are moderately fruitful.

Virgo is barren. [As "the virgin," Virgo cannot by definition be fruitful.]

You have Virgo on the cusp of your 5th house of children. Mercury is in detriment in the 6th house of health and has no other essential dignity. It is leaving the state of combustion, but is still under the beams. Mars rules the 6th house but is in an anaretic degree.

Mercury (child) and moon (you) do not aspect one another.

The moon is in-sect, in a house signifying your hopes and wishes for the future.
"Broody" I get. It is in a partile sextile to Saturn, which normally is not conducive of pregnancy.

But I sincerely hope you have fully thought through what having a child as a single mom entails.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 12-13-2021 at 05:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-13-2021, 06:40 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
UKPB, there are apparently different systems for determining barren vs. fruitful signs. In the system I learned, the air and fire (masculine) signs are generally barren and the water and earth signs are generally fruitful, with the following exceptions:

Libra and Capricorn are moderately fruitful.

Virgo is barren. [As "the virgin," Virgo cannot by definition be fruitful.]

You have Virgo on the cusp of your 5th house of children. Mercury is in detriment in the 6th house of health and has no other essential dignity. It is leaving the state of combustion, but is still under the beams. Mars rules the 6th house but is in an anaretic degree.

Mercury (child) and moon (you) do not aspect one another.

The moon is in-sect, in a house signifying your hopes and wishes for the future.
"Broody" I get. It is in a partile sextile to Saturn, which normally is not conducive of pregnancy.

But I sincerely hope you have fully thought through what having a child as a single mom entails.
Ah I see, it makes sense there is more than one system, apologies for arguing against your own interpretation as well.

I havenít given pregnancy much thought, just for obvious reasons and it got me feeling broody. The guy and myself are probably going to break up soon anyway (he parties too much).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-13-2021, 07:05 AM
chay chay is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,491
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I am feeling soo broody right now. I asked the chart the exact question as you see above but I was really wondering if I am pregnant right now, even though I donít feel it.

The chart confirms I am not pregnant because quite simply me the Moon is in the sign of him Saturnís fall.

However now I am wondering if I will get pregnant with his bay looking at this chart. Ruler of 5th Mercuryís next sign is his rulership. I say in 2 months. Plus, my next aspect is a trine to the Sun, Sun being the life giver.

I think the chart is saying no I am not pregnant but I will be. What do you guys think?

That's not how I would look for answers to that question.
I'd do a synastry chart using midpoints as well.
Also look at house overlays, my kid's dad's merc, venus, uranus & pluto are in my 5th.
He doesn't have anything in his fifth but his node and none of my placements are in his 5th....hence me doing all the child rearing I imagine.
Also some aspects I often see in synastry charts of people with children together are moon/mars aspects, uranus/venus, zeus/venus...also when you have children together there will be a lot of mercury, venus to sun and moon and each other.
Midpoints to these points will tell a story too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-13-2021, 10:21 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chay View Post
That's not how I would look for answers to that question.
I'd do a synastry chart using midpoints as well.
Also look at house overlays, my kid's dad's merc, venus, uranus & pluto are in my 5th.
He doesn't have anything in his fifth but his node and none of my placements are in his 5th....hence me doing all the child rearing I imagine.
Also some aspects I often see in synastry charts of people with children together are moon/mars aspects, uranus/venus, zeus/venus...also when you have children together there will be a lot of mercury, venus to sun and moon and each other.
Midpoints to these points will tell a story too.
What about a massive focus on the 5th house in a composite, would that work too, if nothing else had a 5th house focus?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-13-2021, 05:46 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,811
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

I dont think pregnancy is possible atm.

Moon is in hot sign Aries where it rejects Saturn
then Mercury is combust L5 sitting in 6th house
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-13-2021, 05:54 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
I dont think pregnancy is possible atm.

Moon is in hot sign Aries where it rejects Saturn
then Mercury is combust L5 sitting in 6th house
Thanks, what do you think of Mercury about to move into Saturnís sign, so it no longer hates? And Moonís next aspect is a trine to the Sun, do you think it is saying I will be pregnant to his baby in the future with some delay? Or is the chart saying a straight no.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 12-13-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-13-2021, 06:18 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,811
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

A. you asked if you will have a child with this guy. you need L1 with L7 (sextile with no reception is basically NO) plus this is a short ascension sextile - leaning to no
B. Moon is in mid sign fire sign - no changes anytime soon but again you are asking about havng a child with this guy
c. L7 is not in aspect with your L5. IMO no pregnancy with him
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-13-2021, 06:32 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Ok thank you
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-13-2021, 09:55 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,091
My favorite horary chart is the one I cast after months of trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant wondering when Iíd have my first child. In it, there is no real aspectual relationship between L1 and L7, nor mutual standing. There are grand trines in fire and water, and the Moon has just passed perfection of a trine to L5 ruler (again no standing). That does NOT answer the literal question of when my child would be born but maybe it was close enough to what I meant, like when would the child choose me. I saved this chart because as it turns out it is probably cast a day or two after conception. Just do note that I had not asked previously on this matter, was very prepared, and deeply invested in the question.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-13-2021, 11:55 PM
blackbery blackbery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,747
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Strange how my posting was deleted for no reason yet Bread's comment on an astroogy forum where she lectures the OP & intrudes on her choices incl birth control.

The mods have to be more objective & fair.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
tikana (12-14-2021)
  #14  
Unread 12-14-2021, 04:55 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,837
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

blackbery, I did not report your post. I actually thought you made a valid point: that if someone asks for an astrological reading, should an astrologer pile on non-astrological personal questions or advice?

I come down on the side of what I believe is the best I can do for the person/s involved. Sometimes I think that an astrological reading suffices. At other times, where so much is at stake, I would feel negligent if I did not raise the questions or give the practical advice.

Here we have the case of a young single woman, in a casual relationship with the prospective father, and a potential new life. A baby would change all of their lives in major ways. It's one thing to long for a cuddly baby. It's another thing when the child is 14 and rebellious and Dad is out of the picture-- to cite just one example. I wouldn't feel right if I neglected to mention the bigger issues.

Your approach may be different, and that's OK.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 12-14-2021 at 04:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-14-2021, 05:24 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,811
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Aries is not a barren sign. Lilly lists barren signs as Leo, Virgo and Gemini. Aries is neutral. Mercury is in detriment but still in a neutral sign as well, and it moves into the sign of 7th house in 2 units, so I wondered. But I think it’s a no too.
Aries is NOT barren because its dispositor could be watersign (scorpio)
Moon in aries does not perform welll as far as fertility goes. Moon is cold and wet vs aries is hot and dry.
BUUUT Aries is leaning towards barren because its exalt is Sun which burns everything insight .. unfortunately in this chart Moon Aries is hardballing with fire balls at Saturn which is in Aquarius. That sextile is basically "fooling" astrologer. Sextiles are more leaning towards No except when they are in strong reception and out of positive houses.

It's a complex issue.
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf

Last edited by tikana; 12-14-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
blackbery (12-14-2021)
  #16  
Unread 12-14-2021, 08:29 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
Strange how my posting was deleted for no reason yet Bread's comment on an astroogy forum where she lectures the OP & intrudes on her choices incl birth control.

The mods have to be more objective & fair.
I saw your post before it disappeared, appreciated the input. I just assumed you deleted it for some reason. Sometimes posts on this forum disappear and strangely reappear. It could just be a bug or it could be someone fkn with us, like the Mossad, as Rahu used to say.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-14-2021, 08:37 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
Aries is NOT barren because its dispositor could be watersign (scorpio)
Moon in aries does not perform welll as far as fertility goes. Moon is cold and wet vs aries is hot and dry.
BUUUT Aries is leaning towards barren because its exalt is Sun which burns everything insight .. unfortunately in this chart Moon Aries is hardballing with fire balls at Saturn which is in Aquarius. That sextile is basically "fooling" astrologer. Sextiles are more leaning towards No except when they are in strong reception and out of positive houses.

It's a complex issue.
That makes sense, cheers for the more in-depth info. I only read up about fertile and infertile signs on Skyscript because I asked this question.

I thought the sextile was promising when I first saw it, but the reception between Moon-Saturn was too negative. The chart is a clear no.

However, I am still holding some thought out for Mercury about to go into Saturnís rulership. It means something but I donít know if it is the end of me and him or Mercury (baby) will soon be ruled by him (Saturn).

Even though I like traditional horary, I like to look back on horaries and see how they played out. I have seen horaries go on to tell what happens further down the line.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-14-2021, 08:39 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
My favorite horary chart is the one I cast after months of trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant wondering when Iíd have my first child. In it, there is no real aspectual relationship between L1 and L7, nor mutual standing. There are grand trines in fire and water, and the Moon has just passed perfection of a trine to L5 ruler (again no standing). That does NOT answer the literal question of when my child would be born but maybe it was close enough to what I meant, like when would the child choose me. I saved this chart because as it turns out it is probably cast a day or two after conception. Just do note that I had not asked previously on this matter, was very prepared, and deeply invested in the question.
That sounds like a deeply magical chart. It shows how deeply you would have been thinking about the question. And little did you know at the time of contemplation, the baby was saying, ĎIím already here!í Thanks for sharing

I really want a baby and you understand

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 12-14-2021 at 10:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-14-2021, 10:48 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,837
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

UKpoohbear, I truly get the wanting a baby part.

But realistically, how well positioned are you to do a super job of caring for a child for the next 18 or so years?

Have you talked it over with the prospective father?

I'm sorry if these questions seem outside the realm of astrology, but your significator in this horary chart is not in great shape, as I mentioned previously. It truly makes me question whether this is the right time for such an important life-changing decision.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-14-2021, 10:50 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,811
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
That makes sense, cheers for the more in-depth info. I only read up about fertile and infertile signs on Skyscript because I asked this question.

I thought the sextile was promising when I first saw it, but the reception between Moon-Saturn was too negative. The chart is a clear no.

However, I am still holding some thought out for Mercury about to go into Saturnís rulership. It means something but I donít know if it is the end of me and him or Mercury (baby) will soon be ruled by him (Saturn).

Even though I like traditional horary, I like to look back on horaries and see how they played out. I have seen horaries go on to tell what happens further down the line.
a. you need fertle asce/ascelord + benefitial planets on asce
b you want fertile(I see a lot of already pregnant with fertile signs) and in aspect L5
c reception between L1 and L5.

I'd be asking if i will get pregnant this year?

Tik
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 12-15-2021, 06:51 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
UKpoohbear, I truly get the wanting a baby part.

But realistically, how well positioned are you to do a super job of caring for a child for the next 18 or so years?

Have you talked it over with the prospective father?

I'm sorry if these questions seem outside the realm of astrology, but your significator in this horary chart is not in great shape, as I mentioned previously. It truly makes me question whether this is the right time for such an important life-changing decision.
I donít mind your questions regarding my ability to be a fit mother joking! You want to know my thoughts, ok.

I wondered what you meant about my significator not being in great shape. Moon in Aries isnít the worst but then like a few have pointed out, Aries is hot and dry and Moon cold and wet. Then I noticed it is conjunct Chiron, which is what I think you are referring to. I donít pay any attention to Chiron when it comes to horary because I like traditional horary, but in this case, actually yes, the shoe fits.

Iím currently experiencing a bit of burn out which is nicely described by Moon in Aries (Burn out!!). I am happy within myself though, I am just overwhelmed with work and study and the stress causing me not to sleep properly and I have heart palpitations which I take beta blockers for, but the past couple of weeks even they arenít helping.

I think that describes the Moon in Aries. For Moon-Chiron, I am in emotional pain. My man said he wanted to take me out ok Saturday and he ended up partying the Friday through to the Saturday! I was upset. I didnít shout, instead I was soft and looked upset. He hasnít spoken to me since!! I think he prefers it when I am angry. Itís been painful to go from cloud 9 to radio silence.

No. Heís probably not boyfriend material. But at the time of this horary, we were reconciled and the intimacy levels were good. It made me feel soft and broody.

Ok, so, thatís how I am doing. Here are my thoughts about motherhood which I am afraid I disagree with your purely practical views on it. Are you basically saying poor women should think twice as hard before becoming a mother than rich women?

Not only do I disagree but I take an extreme opposite view. Throw practicality out the window, I want to be a mother!! There is no greater thing in the world than to be a mother, I imagine. Imagine all the love. Now, I am not some damsel in distress who will give up and not do my best for my child when the going gets tough, I will duly sacrifice my life and my needs to give my child everything I gave up to have her. Just to be a mother!!

Sure, if I was homeless under a bridge I would say, perhaps you are starting to have a point, but I am a woman who wants to bloom before I am no longer able to bare fruit. Women have limited seasons, we only have so many spring and summers. Men, they can waste their seasons and marry a 21 year old spring child whenever they want, but a woman, her seasons to bloom are limited.

I donít want to be a wise old oak tree standing on its own, that people come to stare at and say Ďthatís a cool looking tree, it made the right decisions and stand tall and wise on its own all lonely.í No, I want to be a mother that bares fruit, and throws caution to the wind for that desire to be a mother. I want to be part of a forest!

I have not had much love in my life quite frankly, it would be an emotional pain beyond any I could want to imagine if god were to forsake me to know this type of love too.

If I have to be a single mother and struggle, I will still want it. My language may be flowery but I have known enough about life that I would give it my all.

To **** with practicalities quite frankly. It hit me a couple of days ago I may not become a mother, ever. It physically hurt for about an hour. I believe it is a possibility from what I know about my karma and my chart, itís not very maternal. I just hope to god I do become a mother. I am sure I will find guy to help me look after me, I believe that too. If not, I will be a sacred mother on my own.

To question a motherís right to motherhood is to deny them love! To hell with practicalities!

Thank you for listening.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 12-15-2021 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12-18-2021, 02:26 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,837
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Thanks for getting back to me.

I would look for your significator (moon) in relation to the ruler of the 5th house, which is Mercury. (Sorry--I said "your significator," but in a way it is, if you think about pregancy in the mother's body.)

It's Mercury that's not in great shape. I don't mean to be alarmist, but I don't know how you would read a planet that's in detriment, combust, &c.)

I'm not saying poor people shouldn't have children.

I am saying that I think a prospective parent should want to give a child the best start in life s/he can.

If "your man" is nt on-side and may not be very responsible, would you spring a pregnancy on him out of the blue? I think most men would think the woman should at least discuss it with him first, before putting him on an 18-year program of child support payments for a child he may not want. [Which is why I asked about birth control. I am not saying you would do this, but some women would stop taking the pill, for example, and not tell the man.]

Then what about a little kid with no real dad in the picture, who learns that dad didn't want him/her?

Realistically think about the time and financial commitment. Do you have a job that pays maternity benefits?

If it's Just You as a single mom, do you have a mother or sister nearby to help with childcare? Can you afford day care? Or is the plan to go on welfare?

I have two wonderful adult children. Their dad and I were married and owned our own home when they were born. Believe me, it is still really tough when your teenager acts out and doesn't come home at night. It is hard when s/he starts failing school. So think ahead 15 years or so, not just the part about the cute little pink or blue bundle. Oh, and he and I got divorced part way through their childhood, so I understand the single mom part.

Sometimes lonely women want a baby to fill an emotional vacuum in their life. But a child may not provide that for you. They have their own needs.

To me, an Aries moon suggests that emotionally you are prepared to go it alone. But before you make that choice, please think through the practical considerations. They can bite you.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 12-18-2021 at 02:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
IleneK (12-18-2021)
  #23  
Unread 12-19-2021, 08:44 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7,175
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Ah you were meaning Mercury. Yes Mercury is not in great shape, the chart is a clear no. I do not see it as alarming in terms of my ability to ever get pregnant through.

I saw Mercury and the Sun as symbolic more of the potential I had to get pregnant at that time.Sun being the life force rejected Mercury. It could signify the ovulation process. Plus, it is widely combust the Sun and separating. It is also only 2 degrees away from being out of detriment and into the sign of L7ís rulership. Although the chart is a no, these things are positive. Plus, although Moon is in independent Aries (I do indeed have no problem going it alone), Moonís next sign will exalt the Moon.

I think if the chart was saying I could never get pregnant, Mercury would be applying to the Sun, and not about to change signs. Because it will soon be in Saturnís rulership, I wouldnít be surprised if I did get pregnant by him, in the future.

However, I have had a change of heart in that regard. Itís been very on-off between us. 2 weeks ago we reconciled, he was kissing my hand saying he just needs to sort himself out and is ready now. Last Saturday, he made plans with me and got drunk with his mates instead. We reconciled on Wednesday and had a lovely evening together but he wasnít sure what he wanted. This Saturday he was partying again, so I ended it. Venus retrograde conjunct Pluto and a Full Moon will do that.

Btw, on Wednesday he said to me, ĎI want to get you pregnant.í I didnít react or even respond and he said Ďoops I shouldnít have said that.í He has no idea how much I have recently been wanting a baby. But his Uncle and himself have spoken to me about it before. His Uncle said I would never be short of a babysitter because his Mum would take over and my man said just recently his Mum is going to buy him a house soon (they are looking) and I should move in with him.

So, itís not like I am secretly planning to having a baby behind his back type thing. But anyway, I finished it. I decided I deserve better than his on-off feelings and lack of attention he was giving me.

The point is though, I donít need a Mum or Sister to have a baby. The partner I do end up with will hopefully have a loving family, that will be a bonus for me to become part of their family too. I just think it is very wrong if I were to go about questioning my right to have a baby just because I donít have a loving supportive family. Even if the Dad didnít, I still should not give up the desire to be a mother due to a lack of babysitter. There is such a thing as being too practical.

Which brings me on the my next point. Iím always going to have an emotional void, a baby isnít going to take that away. I am used to having a void within me, so itís not really going to be anything strange when a baby doesnít fill it either. When you have had to fight for everything your whole life, youíre going to be able to pass on that wisdom better than say a woman who had everything handed to her her whole life, and who has a babysitter on tap.

I have a wisdom about life that most people donít have precisely because of my wounding. I have an awareness more than most of the importance of doing your inner work and ridding oneself of dysfunction (as much as possible).

As for if this is the correct timing for me to have a baby, I will be finished my degree in spring. I will only have a yearís teacher training to do, which I could defer for a year, or steam ahead if this guyís mother really would love to babysit. I work for a really good company, I have just won an award for being the Ďmost valuable playerí in terms of my sales targets, not just for the first year but the last 6 months too, and I won by a good margin. Iím a clear winner.

Oh and today, I completed a course Iíve been doing, a level 2 in business administration (itís like high school level). It was at a different college to my university and it was home study (I work from home too), I did it for workís purposes. They already said I am going to be promoted to manager soon, but I will show them this new qualification, which has modules specifically relevant to my work.

So I have been studying my last year of a degree, working 40 hours a week, and I took on a separate qualification for my work.

I certainly donít act like I am entitled to a baby and expect the government to pay for it, or other people to babysit for me or the baby.

I am not on birth control. I came off it because me and the guy were off and I havenít gone back on it. I donít want to go back on birth control, I want to have a baby because I have been sleeping with someone I love, even though I just broke up with him. I think there is something better out there for me, I wasnít about to accept the box he was trying to put me into. When I start dating someone new, I may go on birth control for the first few months, I might not because I really want a baby now.

I donít know whatís going to happen between me and this guy. Itís been passionate and on and off. Heís a nice guy, he parties a lot but he also listens to me and respects me (I must thank his mother if I ever meet him). But at the end of the day I realised his behaviour wasnít enough and it wasnít actually a relationship despite what he said to me when he was kissing my hand and saying he was ready, it was an on-off casual sexual affair, and that is not what I want from him.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 12-20-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 12-20-2021, 02:59 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,837
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

Good luck with this, UKpoohbear.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (12-22-2021)
  #25  
Unread 12-20-2021, 05:18 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,543
Re: Am I going to get pregnant with A?

I know that you will be a fantastic mother someday, Poohbear.

There is at least one soul up there, awaiting incarnation, and wanting to choose you as their host. They will choose the time.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
tikana (12-20-2021), Ukpoohbear (12-22-2021)
Reply

Tags
pregnant

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.