Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 02-05-2021, 02:57 AM

Re: Why does modern astrology portray Scorpio as the strongest sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentR89day View Post
I think it's partly because Scorpio was so hated on for so long, that by the start of the new millennium (2000 and after), people started wanting to see the upside of the sign!

I do see that Scorpio can be a very unpleasant energy, just being honest. But, it is the energy that grows flowers from dirt, and that regenerates after you cut off a dragon's head, another dragon's head grows! So, we do need Scorpio energy, even though it is unpleasant at times!
More like Scorps had too much time on their hands due to being social outcasts and self-promoted their sign like none other.

Unread 02-16-2021, 06:01 AM

Perhaps it's because scorpio is the only sign in the zodiac with multiple animal symbols? The depth, intensity, mystery and the raw magnetism it represents may have been given extra emphasis- (sex sells) and it's kinda sad how the "stinging" scorpio is often portrayed. Quite imbalanced- the transformational value of scorpio as the eagle or pheonix is often overlooked.
Unread 02-16-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsilentium View Post
Perhaps it's because scorpio is the only sign in the zodiac with multiple animal symbols? The depth, intensity, mystery and the raw magnetism it represents may have been given extra emphasis- (sex sells) and it's kinda sad how the "stinging" scorpio is often portrayed. Quite imbalanced- the transformational value of scorpio as the eagle or pheonix is often overlooked.
Have you ever talked to one? They're normal people. Ask your scorpio neighbor how their family is doing and they'll go on about how cute their little kids are and show you baby pictures and will invite you out for bbq

They're not wh0res or seductresses that came out of a hollywood vampire movie like what you're making it out to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
Oddity (02-16-2021)
Unread 02-16-2021, 11:09 PM

Scorpio is portrayed as strong because they are a Fixed Sign, however the most physically strong sign I believe is Taurus because they are Fixed Earth and are often the biggest, strongest people (and animal) of the Zodiac.
Unread 02-17-2021, 03:34 AM

It’s not correct that “modern astrology” portrays Scorpio as the most “powerful sign”. Any serious astrologer looks at angles, houses, retrogrades, squares, trines, PLANETS.
The reason some people hold this view is because Scorpio holds this view.

[Deleted blog link that does not relate to this topic. You may put a blog link in your signature, but you may not put links in the body of a post if they're not directly relevant to your response. - Moderator]

Last edited by Osamenor; 02-17-2021 at 06:38 AM.
Unread 02-19-2021, 03:22 AM

I've seen Leo men dominate Taurus men often.
Unread 07-31-2021, 02:00 AM

This is my second post, after introducing myself, a post that has not appeared yet. I'm a bit nervous to answer.

I have never considered astrology to contain a "strongest" or a "weakest" sign. Each sign has its function, its place, its purpose. They are all 30 degrees. No one sign is bigger than another.

In fact, this was the first great gift that astrology gave me, and probably the most freeing of all - It's all important; it's all needed; only the whole thing makes the zodiac. And . . . no one has it all. I don't have to be like everyone or anyone else, practical and organized and wildly artistic and original and independent and a perfect partner, etc., etc.

I'm a gemini with a preponderance in the sign - four planets, including Mercury. In school I was considered a gifted child. I finished all my work first and then I wanted to talk, because I often had anxiety when I wasn't focused. I made A grades in everything but conduct because I talked too much.

Astrology connected that talking to my other gifts, and I realized that I just don't have to be EVERYTHING for EVERYONE. Because we go through that in this society. People often know what they want us to be, without understanding of what is possible.

While Scorpio is the sign of sex - a biological, occasionally spiritual or emotional regeneration (it pumps us full of serotonin), and Scorpios can be very intense and passionate, I have never considered them to be any "sexier" than anyone else. More magnetic in a particular way, yes.

Because the value judgment of sexy depends on who is looking at them, doesn't it?

Last edited by Prisoner of Zenda; 07-31-2021 at 06:36 PM.
Unread 08-01-2021, 08:48 PM

In my opinion, here are the 'strongest' signs!

1. Capricorn
2. Cancer
3. Leo
4. Scorpio
5. Gemini

For me, Scorpios, and Plutonians, are strong, but their negative karma bounces back on them, they can get too overly emotional, and they can miss details and it can bite them in the butt!
Unread 08-10-2021, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentR89day View Post
In my opinion, here are the 'strongest' signs!

1. Capricorn
2. Cancer
3. Leo
4. Scorpio
5. Gemini

For me, Scorpios, and Plutonians, are strong, but their negative karma bounces back on them, they can get too overly emotional, and they can miss details and it can bite them in the butt!
Capricorns are darn powerful, very powerful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The19thLaw For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-10-2021), sentR89day (09-19-2021)
Unread 08-11-2021, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesTiger View Post
I haven’t heard of Scorpio being portrayed as the strongest. I usually hear that Aries is the strongest. Scorpio is known for being the most sexual. Also, in case anyone thinks I’m just saying Aries is the strongest because I’m an Aries, no, I’m not. I may have been born an Aries, but I don’t act like one at all. So I’m not tooting my own horn or anything.
Aries is the most masculine and muscular sign, brave and assertive in its stereotype. Depending on the aspects it will be brutal, aggressive, headstrong and selfish. Or it will be passionate, intrepid and takes the initiative and goes where angels fear to tread and be a pioneer. Some Aries women are tomboys or very forthright and adventurous..
Unread 08-11-2021, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
What gives?
the way I look at it is Aries the strongest in the physical sense as it rules the 1st house body condition. Mars is the planet and he was all about war and being aggressive. It rules the sexual libido and urges. The energies are overt.
THE ARMED COMBAT, BAYONET.

Scorpio as ruled by Pluto can be more subtle and underhanded. Manipulative and controlling, especially psychologically..it rules the sexual orgasm and especially if resulting in conception. The energies are more covert, HIDDEN ASSASSIN, SNIPER.
Unread 08-11-2021, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
Capricorns are darn powerful, very powerful.
Capricorn is authorative and disciplinarian, governor, stickler for the rules and regulations and will overcome obstacles to reach the top. Like the Seagoat climbing the mountain...It is the timekeeper and measurer of time passing and ruled by Saturn/Kronos as karmic issues.. Reaping what is sown. As an earth sign often connected to construction, farming, clockmaking, chiropracty,
as ruler of the skeletal system, particularly knees. It also rules the skin as organ. My double Capricorn father used goats milk soap for his skin. How is that for stereotype!! Hair comes under Saturn Capricorn and many go bald.... Capricorn rules 10th house of public life and politics. Where people are ambitious and seek goals.

Last edited by Claire19; 08-11-2021 at 04:50 AM.
Unread 08-16-2021, 01:41 AM

Because Scorpio had the lowest reputation of all the 12 zodiac sun signs and they are now the most popular of the crowd...Aquarians too, but once were the "nerds"...we may be in the Aquarius age, but we now tolerate arisen Scorpio.
Unread 08-16-2021, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Have you ever talked to one? They're normal people. Ask your scorpio neighbor how their family is doing and they'll go on about how cute their little kids are and show you baby pictures and will invite you out for bbq

They're not wh0res or seductresses that came out of a hollywood vampire movie like what you're making it out to be.
I have a GF who is Scorpio sun and she isn't a bad bad person to go out with. What we share is an Aquarius moon (I have an Aquarius sun). Never prejudge a person by their sun sign, there is more to know about the person whether it is their astrological star charts or more to it by their personality and character.

Tags
astrology, desperation, modern, portray, scorpio, sign, strongest